Battle Royale Act III - LET THE BATTLE BEGIN [Won by idiotfrommars]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion

Introduction
Hello and welcome to the third installment of Battle Royale. This tournament was created to not only test your battling abilities, but your wits and your ability to overcome all odds to win.

Battle Royale is a movie and a Manga about 42 high school students who are taken to an island, given a bag containing food, water, and a randomly selected weapon. You the participants of this tournament and those teenagers have a common goal, your goal is to survive.

Explanation of Tournament
Throughout the next 2 weeks, 42 of you will challenge each other at will in the IRC channel #battleroyale. Battles may not be declined as this is a free for all, you may challenge whoever you want whenever you want. You may not avoid battles, and there are rules to avoid doing so. The tournament ends when there is 1 lone survivor. If there is not 1 person left after 2 weeks, then there is no winner. Challenges may ONLY be issued in the IRC channel and nowhere else. This is OU and one loss to your opponent means you are out, may the best and smartest battler emerge victorious!
Locopoke gets an automatic pass to enter due to him winning the previous installment. Should he choose to do so.

Rules

• IRC is REQUIRED! This is a 42 man free for all, the deadline is 2 weeks, rounds will not be established in this contest

• If you are challenged by your opponent on the Battle Royale IRC channel, you must accept. Since this is a free for all, scouting is allowed, however there will be a 30 minute window from your last battle and your next challenge(when there is 2 days remaining, it will be limited to a 5 minute window.) This is there to avoid people scouting and automatically challenging another individual to gain the win. You must play on the Smogon server with spectators allowed. If the server is down you may use another server.

• There is also a 5 minute prep time between the challenge issued and the start of the battle, this way you can make any last minute modifications to your team.
  • Challenges must be issued on the Battle Royale channel and no where else, as to avoid dispute between people ignoring challenges.
  • The format for challenging someone is BR Challenge: (insert users name here)(BW OU)
  • Do NOT! join the Battle Royale IRC if you can not battle at that time. I can not stress this enough, if you go afk on the IRC and are challenged, you will be viewed as Match Dodging and will be given a strike. 3 strikes means you are eliminated.
  • NEW RULE: If you log onto the battle royale channel, you MAY NOT leave until 5 minutes after you enter. This is to avoid scouting which opponents are on.
  • The 42 battlers accepted will be hand picked by Kevin Garrett, and myself. We are not only looking for battling ability, but excellent attitude, and the ability to be on often as well.
  • Among the battlers of this tournament, there will also be a select few of people who will be enforcers, meaning they will enforce the rules of this tournament, and sort out issues if it looks like someone is match dodging. If you would like to be an enforcer, post here, they will also be chosen by Kevin Garrett and myself.
  • There is a 2 week time limit, if there is not 1 survivor by that time limit then everyone will be eliminated and there will be no winner.
  • And most importantly, there will be a 48 hour time window for getting at least 1 battle done, meaning I expect everyone to have a battle done in 2 days from the OP post. If you fail to do so in those 2 days, you risk being disqualified. (NOTE: Once you get your first battle done, you don't have to battle until that 48 hour limit ends, however if you are challenged you must accept)
  • The only tier this year is BW OU
  • The last two men standing will either do 1 BW OU match or a BO3 in BW OU

Participants

Iconic

Bluewind

Hantsuki

go10

KD24

Reyscarface

Tito

Eternal

Wilson46

Golden_Sun

SevenDeadlySins

6A9_Ace_Matador

Symphonyx64

WhiteQueen

Taylor

Ojama

Twash

LizardMan

Xtrashine

AndViet

EspyJoel

KnightOfTheWind

IdiotFromMars

JabbaTheGriffin

Smith

Eo Ut Mortus

ShakeItUp

Nachos

Nails

Aqualouis

Rewer

Fried_Rhys

Uraga

Alice

Delta2777

Undisputed

Krack

BIG Loven

Lamppost

199 Lives

Scimjara

Enz0

Everyone I accept will receive a character, wear them proudly!

If you didn't make it and think you should have, chances are you are on my substitute list. This year, I will have subs, if one doesn't complete their match in 48 hours, I will assign 1 sub who has 24 hours to do a match.

PHASE 2 HAS BEGUN AND WILL END AT 10:00PM EST ON SUNDAY THE 22ND

Standard OU rules apply!

SPREADSHEET
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...C10VlM1ekZRVERUNFlhaWcwNFMxb2c&hl=en_US#gid=0

The channel on mIRC is #battleroyale
Feel free to ask any questions if you are unsure of something.

NOTE: If you are a participant in this tournament, whether a player or enforcer, you MUST use an IRC name that is identical to your forum name, if that name is taken, make it VERY similar to it.

NOTE: I will be on IRC as Smith_ and not Smith for the entirety of the tournament, Smith is taken.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Krack
199 Lives
Eos

If your name is listed, it means that you are currently not on the auto (v)op list because your name is not registered.

If you haven't been on IRC, this link should help.

Please register a nickname and let an enforcer know so that we can add you to the list. To register, pick a nick by typing /nick newnick. Register your nick using /ns register password email. Check the email you signed up to register for and there should be an email from synIRC or something like that. (Check your spam folder if it's not in the inbox.) Copy and paste the text in the quotation marks into the IRC client textbox, and you've registered your nick. If you have issues, type /join #help and they can assist you.

EW edit: Whenever you connect to IRC you will need to type /ns identify password to identify yourself which will allow you to get auto-voice when you join #battleroyale. This applies to everyone in the tournament.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader

The blonde asian shall kill everyone, good luck.

Yay, I actually made it. Last 2 years I didn't get accepted, so it feels pretty cool to get accepted for the first time.

My asian dude has the "cap your ass" look on. ;)

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
be in #battleroyale at 10pm est sharp this friday, bluewind. i want to eliminate you before anyone else does

Alice

The worst taste in music

I got a cute one n_n

Edit: I'm gonna be _Alice_ on IRC, since "Alice" was already taken u.u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)