1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Battle Royale - Let the Battle Begin!! [Won by IronBullet93]

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Stone_Cold, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

[​IMG]
    Battle Royale - Sign Ups

Introduction
    Hello and welcome to Battle Royale, this tournament was created to not only test your battling abilities, but your wits and your ability to overcome all odds to win. I would like to thank Gouki and Earthworm first off for helping me sort this thing out.

Battle Royale is a movie and a Manga about 42 high school students who are taken to an island, given a bag containing food, water, and a randomly selected weapon. You the participants of this tournament and those teenagers have a common goal, your goal is to survive.

Explanation of Tournament
    Throughout the next 2 weeks, 42 of you will challenge each other at will in the IRC channel #battleroyale. Battles may not be declined as this is a free for all, you may challenge whoever you want whenever you want. You may not avoid battles, and there are rules to avoid doing so. The tournament ends when there is 1 lone survivor. If there is not 1 person left after 2 weeks, then there is no winner. Challenges may ONLY be issued in the IRC channel and nowhere else. This is OU and one loss to your opponent means you are out, may the best and smartest battler emerge victorious!

Rules

• IRC is REQUIRED! This is a 42 man free for all, the deadline is 2 weeks, rounds will not be established in this contest.
    • If you are challenged by your opponent on the Battle Royale IRC channel, you must accept. Since this is a free for all, scouting is allowed, however there will be a 30 minute window from your last battle and your next challenge(when there is 2 days remaining, it will be limited to a 5 minute window.) This is there to avoid people scouting and automatically challenging another individual to gain the win.
    • There is also a 5 minute prep time between the challenge issued and the start of the battle, this way you can make any last minute modifications to your team.
    • Challenges must be issued on the Battle Royale channel and no where else, as to avoid dispute between people ignoring challenges.
    • The format for challenging someone is BR Challenge: (insert users name here)
    • Do NOT! join the Battle Royale IRC if you can not battle at that time. I can not stress this enough, if you go afk on the IRC and are challenged, you will be viewed as Match Dodging and will be given a strike. 3 strikes means you are eliminated.
    • The 40 battlers accepted will be hand picked by Gouki, Earthworm, and myself. We are not only looking for battling ability, but excellent attitude, and the ability to be on often as well.
    • Among the battlers of this tournament, there will also be a select few of people who will be enforcers, meaning they will enforce the rules of this tournament, and sort out issues if it looks like someone is match dodging. If you would like to be an enforcer, post here, they will also be chosen by Earthowrm, Gouki, and myself.
    • There is a 2 week time limit, if there is not 1 survivor by that time limit then everyone will be eliminated and there will be no winner.
    • And most importantly, there will be a 48 hour time window for getting at least 1 battle done, meaning I expect everyone to have a battle done in 2 days from the OP post. If you fail to do so in those 2 days, you risk being disqualified.
    • There is no subs, if someone is inactive or can't participate, then you will just be eliminated. Do not waste my time, do not join if you think you cannot battle.

Standard OU rules apply!

Note: There will be a leaderboard for people who have gained eliminations in this event.

The channel on mIRC is #battleroyale
    Feel free to ask any questions if you are unsure of something.

NOTE: If you are a participant in this tournament, whether a player or enforcer, you MUST use an IRC name that is identical to your forum name, if that name is taken, make it VERY similar to it.

Enforcers:

The Enforcers are the following people, go to them with any questions or any suspicion of a person battle dodging or cheating.

- Stone_Cold

- Echo

- StevenSnype

- Fabbles

- Shace

To all Enforcers, all players recieve VOP, so be sure to VOP them if they are not VOP'd already.

Players: (As battle royale characters!)
    1. Deep Thought
    [​IMG]

2. Bluewind
    [​IMG]
    3. Lady Bug
    [​IMG]
    4. JabbaTheGriffin
    [​IMG]
    5. G80
    [​IMG]
    6. Iconic
    [​IMG]

7. B-Lulz
    [​IMG]
    8. aziki
    [​IMG]
    9. Hawk Eye
    [​IMG]
    10. 6A9 Ace Matador
    [​IMG]
    11. Kevin Garrett
    [​IMG]
    12. Heist
    [​IMG]
    13. Delta 2777
    [​IMG]
    14. IronBullet93
    [​IMG]
    15. reyscarface
    [​IMG]
    16. Scimjara
    [​IMG]
    17. tophway
    [​IMG]
    18. Krack
    [​IMG]
    19. Folgorio
    [​IMG]
    20. locopoke
    [​IMG]
    21. Sapientia
    [​IMG]
    22. Golden Sun
    [​IMG]
    23. Eo Ut Mortus
    [​IMG]
    24. reachzero
    [​IMG]
    25. Earthworm
    [​IMG]
    26. undisputed
    [​IMG]
    27. Justinawe
    [​IMG]
    28. apologies
    [​IMG]
    29. kd24
    [​IMG]
    30. ENZ0
    [​IMG]
    31. Eternal
    [​IMG]
    32. Gouki
    [​IMG]
    33. DarkLucario
    [​IMG]
    34. goofball
    [​IMG]
    35. LonelyNess
    [​IMG]
    36. vashta
    [​IMG]
    37.Bad Ass
    [​IMG]
    38. legendary_07
    [​IMG]
    39. Ciele
    [​IMG]
    40. Megan_Fox
    [​IMG]
    41. WhiteQueen
    [​IMG]
    42. Seven Deadly Sins
    [​IMG]

STATISTICS
    (Includes who eliminated who and whose currently leading in kills)
    Battle Royale Spreadsheet

These are your characters for the next 2 weeks, wear them with pride!

Deadline: Begins October 17th, 4pm EST. Ends November 1st 4pm EST.

I expect to see EVERYONE on IRC as often as possible, lets make this a successful competition. I will update leaderboards and eliminations periodically.

2. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Good luck to all. I'm excited to play!
  3. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Pics aren't working, so im uploading to photobucket, be patient!
  4. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Can't battle enforcers play? You misspelt my name
  5. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

also excited for this. good luck everyone!

and stone make sure i get a really cool character!
  6. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributordefeated the Smogon Frontier

yes eo is a bitch everything is going alright in the world

will destroy all
  7. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold

And nah sorry badal, only enforcers judge. Enforcers get sop and battlers get vop. Pics should be fine now.

I expect your characters to be worn proudly!
  8. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i'd like to note that this is also a book, and the book not only preceded the movie and manga but it also significantly better than both

read it you fools
  9. kael

kael
    is a SPL Winner

10. The_Chaser

The_Chaser RVW
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Predicting Kael to win, he can't lose!
  11. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold

Don't try and hide it, me and EW saw and laughed at you for like 2 mins lol.
  12. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

:o holy ffff I thought they could battle too and so I applied, is it possible for me to be a battler instead? I could sub for an inactive user or a user that wants to drop out? Till I get put in I'll stay an enforcer

EDIT: Also, AOPS can't give other users permaVOPS they can give temporary vops though
  13. coolking49

coolking49

The absolute worst thing you can do is give Badal any sense of power. Bad idea.
  14. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
    is a Pre-Contributor

that isn't a very good photo of me gosh
  15. Eternal

Eternal
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Try now.
  16. Lady Bug

Lady Bug 車 ☆彡 King of the Desert ☆彡 車
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

[​IMG]
    I am ready to destroy!
  17. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
    Boss

I predict Gouki to win
    (Predictions may change later on)
  18. Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye Guest

Well i'm excited hehe
  19. B-Lulz

B-Lulz You ain't gotta love it 'cos the hood gone love it
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

why is my person ginger?
  20. kd24

kd24 lemme just whip my dick out and slam it on the table
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

suppose i can eliminate 41
    [​IMG]
    singlehandily
  21. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

Good luck all! I'm rooting for ENZ0 here, but my money's on Earthworm.
  22. WhiteQueen

WhiteQueen boner dethroner
    is a SPL Winner

Why is my avatar an asian girl?

Razist!@
  23. Bad Ass

Bad Ass be cool
    is a Tiering Contributoris a GS2 Winneris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

im so pretty ^o^
  24. Bluewind

Bluewind My appearance, ability, and awesomeness strike fea
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Damn nigga I look sexy and devillish in that pic.
  25. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

thank you for making me the most bad ass asian

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)