Battle Royale - Let the Battle Begin!! [Won by IronBullet]

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion

Battle Royale - Sign Ups

Introduction
Hello and welcome to Battle Royale, this tournament was created to not only test your battling abilities, but your wits and your ability to overcome all odds to win. I would like to thank Gouki and Earthworm first off for helping me sort this thing out.

Battle Royale is a movie and a Manga about 42 high school students who are taken to an island, given a bag containing food, water, and a randomly selected weapon. You the participants of this tournament and those teenagers have a common goal, your goal is to survive.

Explanation of Tournament
Throughout the next 2 weeks, 42 of you will challenge each other at will in the IRC channel #battleroyale. Battles may not be declined as this is a free for all, you may challenge whoever you want whenever you want. You may not avoid battles, and there are rules to avoid doing so. The tournament ends when there is 1 lone survivor. If there is not 1 person left after 2 weeks, then there is no winner. Challenges may ONLY be issued in the IRC channel and nowhere else. This is OU and one loss to your opponent means you are out, may the best and smartest battler emerge victorious!

Rules

• IRC is REQUIRED! This is a 42 man free for all, the deadline is 2 weeks, rounds will not be established in this contest.
  • If you are challenged by your opponent on the Battle Royale IRC channel, you must accept. Since this is a free for all, scouting is allowed, however there will be a 30 minute window from your last battle and your next challenge(when there is 2 days remaining, it will be limited to a 5 minute window.) This is there to avoid people scouting and automatically challenging another individual to gain the win.
  • There is also a 5 minute prep time between the challenge issued and the start of the battle, this way you can make any last minute modifications to your team.
  • Challenges must be issued on the Battle Royale channel and no where else, as to avoid dispute between people ignoring challenges.
  • The format for challenging someone is BR Challenge: (insert users name here)
  • Do NOT! join the Battle Royale IRC if you can not battle at that time. I can not stress this enough, if you go afk on the IRC and are challenged, you will be viewed as Match Dodging and will be given a strike. 3 strikes means you are eliminated.
  • The 40 battlers accepted will be hand picked by Gouki, Earthworm, and myself. We are not only looking for battling ability, but excellent attitude, and the ability to be on often as well.
  • Among the battlers of this tournament, there will also be a select few of people who will be enforcers, meaning they will enforce the rules of this tournament, and sort out issues if it looks like someone is match dodging. If you would like to be an enforcer, post here, they will also be chosen by Earthowrm, Gouki, and myself.
  • There is a 2 week time limit, if there is not 1 survivor by that time limit then everyone will be eliminated and there will be no winner.
  • And most importantly, there will be a 48 hour time window for getting at least 1 battle done, meaning I expect everyone to have a battle done in 2 days from the OP post. If you fail to do so in those 2 days, you risk being disqualified.
  • There is no subs, if someone is inactive or can't participate, then you will just be eliminated. Do not waste my time, do not join if you think you cannot battle.

Standard OU rules apply!

Note: There will be a leaderboard for people who have gained eliminations in this event.

The channel on mIRC is #battleroyale
Feel free to ask any questions if you are unsure of something.

NOTE: If you are a participant in this tournament, whether a player or enforcer, you MUST use an IRC name that is identical to your forum name, if that name is taken, make it VERY similar to it.

Enforcers:

The Enforcers are the following people, go to them with any questions or any suspicion of a person battle dodging or cheating.

- Stone_Cold

- Echo

- StevenSnype

- Fabbles

- Shace

To all Enforcers, all players recieve VOP, so be sure to VOP them if they are not VOP'd already.

Players: (As battle royale characters!)
1. Deep Thought

2. Bluewind

3. Lady Bug

4. JabbaTheGriffin

5. G80

6. Iconic

7. B-Lulz

8. aziki

9. Hawk Eye

10. 6A9 Ace Matador

11. Kevin Garrett

12. Heist

13. Delta 2777

14. IronBullet93

15. reyscarface

16. Scimjara

17. tophway

18. Krack

19. Folgorio

20. locopoke

21. Sapientia

22. Golden Sun

23. Eo Ut Mortus

24. reachzero

25. Earthworm

26. undisputed

27. Justinawe

28. apologies

29. kd24

30. ENZ0

31. Eternal

32. Gouki

33. DarkLucario

34. goofball

35. LonelyNess

36. vashta

37.Bad Ass

38. legendary_07

39. Ciele

40. Megan_Fox

41. WhiteQueen

42. Seven Deadly Sins

STATISTICS
(Includes who eliminated who and whose currently leading in kills)
Battle Royale Spreadsheet

These are your characters for the next 2 weeks, wear them with pride!

Deadline: Begins October 17th, 4pm EST. Ends November 1st 4pm EST.

I expect to see EVERYONE on IRC as often as possible, lets make this a successful competition. I will update leaderboards and eliminations periodically.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Pics aren't working, so im uploading to photobucket, be patient!

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
And nah sorry badal, only enforcers judge. Enforcers get sop and battlers get vop. Pics should be fine now.

I expect your characters to be worn proudly!

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'd like to note that this is also a book, and the book not only preceded the movie and manga but it also significantly better than both

read it you fools

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
:o holy ffff I thought they could battle too and so I applied, is it possible for me to be a battler instead? I could sub for an inactive user or a user that wants to drop out? Till I get put in I'll stay an enforcer

EDIT: Also, AOPS can't give other users permaVOPS they can give temporary vops though

The following people I could not find a registered nickname for (so I could not add them to the channel VOPs):
aziki
Eternal
legendary_07

and these need to be changed from AOP to VOP:

Earthworm
Gouki

Also, there will be a spreadsheet on Google Docs when the battles are to start.
Try now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)