Battle Spot Doubles Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created a team and thought it was good, Tell me how you think about it!

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Rock Tomb

Cresselia (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Safeguard

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind

We have three different starts, 2 of which are very good (In my opinion) and the other is okay. Mega-Kangaskhan and Gengar, Mega Kanga is very good and with Gengar it's pretty good. Conkeldurr and Cresselia is a very strong lead especially if you can get a trick room off! Then you have Zapdos and Excadrill, Zapdos has tailwind, which if you bring the Zapdos-Excadrill lead you should not bring the Cresselia! Tell me your thoughts on this!

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think it would be better if you posted this in the official Sample Teams thread instead of making a new one - it has a Doubles section so there isn't any excuse not to. There's also the VGC section which is functionally Battle Spot Doubles, so you may get better feedback there. That said, your team seems difficult to play in that you have several different and conflicting forms of speed control: you have a Trick Room core of Cresselia and Conkeldurr, and then four other Pokémon that don't benefit from Trick at all. Gengar and Excadrill are both pretty frail, and all four are invested in Speed and lack Protect, making them fairly vulnerable to things like Amoonguss and Heatran should your Trick Room setup backfire. I have nothing against semi-TR but this is not how it should be done... I suggest replacing Trick Room on Cresselia with Icy Wind or Thunder Wave, both great forms of speed control that synergise much better with both Tailwind and your speedy and frail attackers. Bisharp and Milotic aren't really issues when you have Conkeldurr and Zapdos to beat them. Now, support Gengar is a great Pokémon but it's too frail to make any good use of Black Sludge - replace that with a Focus Sash to ensure that Gengar can survive at least one hit. Secondly, Dazzling Gleam is fairly redundant coverage next to Icy Wind and Sludge Bomb so replace Dazzling Gleam with Will-o-Wisp to catch physical Sucker Punch users like Bisharp and Mega Kangaskhan. Replace Discharge with Thunderbolt on Zapdos: I see what you're doing with Excadrill and Cresselia's Safeguard but if you're paired with anything else you run the risk of damaging yourself and perhaps inflicting your own Pokémon with paralysis, especially given that you have no Protect. Thunderbolt also has higher damage output so it's just better unless you're running Mega Sceptile or something. Everything else seems okay - I have my doubts about SD Excadrill but with the amount of speed control you have, it should be okay. Good luck with your team! :)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Tballin12321, basically we are directing all Battle Spot Doubles traffic to the VGC forum as they are the same ruleset. Try finding your answer there, but make sure you read the rules there before posting!

I'd also recommend giving more detail to your description of this team and its members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)