Rules Forum Rules and Simple Questions/Answers

Heyho,
testing Cloyster atm but can´t really decide between Kings Rock and Foucs Sash as the item for it.Which one is in general more reliable in Battle Spot Singles? I mean, Sash gives Cloyster the chance to Shell Smash against the Tapus and destroy them whereas Kings Rock helps you to beat tanky stuff with the Flinch

Heyho,
testing Cloyster atm but can´t really decide between Kings Rock and Foucs Sash as the item for it.Which one is in general more reliable in Battle Spot Singles? I mean, Sash gives Cloyster the chance to Shell Smash against the Tapus and destroy them whereas Kings Rock helps you to beat tanky stuff with the Flinch
I personally think Sash is the more reliable item. Kings Rock can give you some good outs but it's not always consistent and may even put you on tilt when it isn't working. With Sash you always know what you're getting out of it and gives you better chances to win in some games vs special attackers.

Heyho,
Depends on what your team needs. Cloysters defence is pretty good so it can set up on stuff like Landorous as is and if you have a thing 4x week to stealth Rock then your opponent will more often then not try to get that up. At the same time focus sash is a reliable way to ensure he can shell smash and sweep especially if psychic terrain is up. It really depends on your team needs, you could consider the z razor shell move to break through certain steel types that can tank a hit.

Thank you, I guess I´ll use the Sash.
Btw, whats the prefered nature of Porygon-Z in this mode? Timid or Modest? Was thinking about a Z-Conversion Set

What is the best nature for Dhelmise ( Battle Spot Singles)? Adamant or Brave? And is it really worth to run 0 Speed DV to make Gyro Ball stronger or is it better to use 31 Speed in combination with Anchor Shot? Not playing a TR-Team btw

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What is the best nature for Dhelmise ( Battle Spot Singles)? Adamant or Brave? And is it really worth to run 0 Speed DV to make Gyro Ball stronger or is it better to use 31 Speed in combination with Anchor Shot? Not playing a TR-Team btw
According to the usage stats, about 96% of Dhelmise use Anchor Shot and only 4% use Gyro Ball, so I'd go with that. I haven't personally used it myself but the trapping effect seems like it could be useful. Likewise 79% are Adamant and only 16% Brave.

Is the FastSub Suicune build viable in this generation? Used it a lot on ORAS and wanted to try it here too if it still can be put to use. Any thoughts on that are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Is it in general better to have 2 Z-Crystal-Holders in a team (3vs3) or just 1? In my team Arcanine has one and I´m still not sure if I should play Mimikyu with Z-Ghost/Fairy or LO

Is it in general better to have 2 Z-Crystal-Holders in a team (3vs3) or just 1? In my team Arcanine has one and I´m still not sure if I should play Mimikyu with Z-Ghost/Fairy or LO
Neither is objectively better. Its like running 1 or 2 megas, its just based on the team. So if you feel like you want 2 Z moves thats fine, unless in battle you find you want to bring both mons together too often.

I have a simple question: Is Battle Spot and Showdown their own competitive metas, even though Smogon rules are played more often on Showdown?

I have a simple question: Is Battle Spot and Showdown their own competitive metas, even though Smogon rules are played more often on Showdown?
It's honestly hard to tell what you're even asking. Not sure if you've been on shodown before but there's a ton of options for formats, battle spot singles is one of those. BSS on showdown is simulated close to exactly how it is on cart, only major difference is the type of people you play and the timer. BS players mainly use the showdown ladder to test teams before playing on 3ds, or just hanging out in the battle spot room.

It's honestly hard to tell what you're even asking. Not sure if you've been on shodown before but there's a ton of options for formats, battle spot singles is one of those. BSS on showdown is simulated close to exactly how it is on cart, only major difference is the type of people you play and the timer.
I do not play Showdown, and I prefer BSS. I'm asking because I want to know if playing BSS is any different to playing Smogon, and it seems that it is. Thanks for letting me know! :toast:

Hey all!

I've been growing interested in trying out Battle Spot and I was wondering if someone could tell me if when you use Pokémon that are under level 50 on Battle Spot do they get raised to level 50 for the battles? I tried Googling it and the sources I could only find sources from early XY saying that they don't, but when I brought my level 38 Magnezone into a game for the Kanto x Alola Regional Rumble it was raised to 50. Is that just because this is a special competition or are the Google results I found out of date and Pokémon are always raised to level 50?

Is there any equivalence between elo of PS and elo of PGL ? For example what could be on Showdown the level of a player that have 1650 on PGL.

Is there any equivalence between elo of PS and elo of PGL ? For example what could be on Showdown the level of a player that have 1650 on PGL.
There probably is a line that connects the performance of an expert player (or a new one) on the either.
In my opinion there is more a one way equivalence, where a player with a high score on PGL would probably have a high score also on PS, like if you're a 1700 player on PGL, you'd probably and easily be a 1400+ player on showdown, where viceversa things get harder.
This because on cartridge there are less testings, more japanese players, and most important thing everything is slower and this can affect your mindset and the luck factor. I've seen a lot of players going for heavy runs on PS getting high scores after a lucky day, whereas the luck factor (while of course not being absent) has for those reasons less impact on cartridge (also because it's harder to reach the same big numbers of PS).
Obviously having a score of 1600 on Showdown means that you are an expert player that will probably achieve good scores on cartridge too, but the line is in my opinion stronger on the path from Cartridge to Showdown, than viceversa.

There probably is a line that connects the performance of an expert player (or a new one) on the either.
In my opinion there is more a one way equivalence, where a player with a high score on PGL would probably have a high score also on PS, like if you're a 1700 player on PGL, you'd probably and easily be a 1400+ player on showdown, where viceversa things get harder.
This because on cartridge there are less testings, more japanese players, and most important thing everything is slower and this can affect your mindset and the luck factor. I've seen a lot of players going for heavy runs on PS getting high scores after a lucky day, whereas the luck factor (while of course not being absent) has for those reasons less impact on cartridge (also because it's harder to reach the same big numbers of PS).
Obviously having a score of 1600 on Showdown means that you are an expert player that will probably achieve good scores on cartridge too, but the line is in my opinion stronger on the path from Cartridge to Showdown, than viceversa.
Thanks for all the explanation. I was wondering the same thing for VGC. Training series will be more consistent now.

Sorry if this isn't completely relevant, but I can't find any good information on this anywhere (probably for good reason). Next week, I'm participating in a battle royal event and was wondering if anyone had any general tips/strategies for that format. Of course, it'll probably end up being very chaotic, but I was curious if there were any trends for what did well.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry if this isn't completely relevant, but I can't find any good information on this anywhere (probably for good reason). Next week, I'm participating in a battle royal event and was wondering if anyone had any general tips/strategies for that format. Of course, it'll probably end up being very chaotic, but I was curious if there were any trends for what did well.
This isn't the place to discuss battle royale, as it isn't a battle spot format. Just use strong fast pokemon and you should be ok. Try the orange islands forum if you want more info.

Are pokémon transfered from red and blue version allowed in battle spot (doubles)? I know that pokémon transfered from Gen III-V are not allowed as they have no pentagon or clover symbol, but what about pokémon with the gameboy symbol?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are pokémon transfered from red and blue version allowed in battle spot (doubles)? I know that pokémon transfered from Gen III-V are not allowed as they have no pentagon or clover symbol, but what about pokémon with the gameboy symbol?
nope. some online competitions have and will allow them, but regular ranked mode won't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)