Rules Forum Rules and Simple Questions/Answers

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are some good counters to the following:

porygon 2- realized muk is pretty good but don't like milk against anything else

Porygon z - z conversion this crap is so annoying

Cloyster - manage to beat it every time I've played it but it's been shaky

Mega scizor - same as cloyster beaten every time but it's frustrating to play against (ironically one of my top 5 favorite Pokémon doesn't help) just played a whole completely out of pp with my celesteela to beat one
P2 doesn't like anything with toxic, or if it doesnt have shadow ball it lets aegislash and perish gengar do its thing. OHKO moves also really make the opponent think twice about playing the long game with P2. It also can't have foul play yet so if you have a setup sweeper take advantage of P2. To be fair alolan muk deals with a lot of other things too.

PZ doesn't really have counters once it sets up, so the goal is to prevent it from sweeping you on the setup turn. Make sure you don't kill an opponent's pokemon that lets PZ setup for free the following turn. You can disrupt it with encore, phase it out, speed control with rock tomb, or hit it hard during the setup so that scarfers like chomp and lele can outspeed the next turn and revenge kill it. Prio encore like whimsi can switch in on the setup turn and lock PZ into conversion unless the opponent counterteamed you and brought dark-conversion PZ. Muk can live a +1 adapta tbolt and clear smog the boosts away.

Cloyster struggles against a majority of steel types. Most aren't really counters after setup but they do usually win if they switch in on the setup turn. Bonus points for klefki for bringing the speed back to +0 thanks to priority twave and hitting a +2 attack -1 def with foul play. P2 is good against it too since tbolt isn't really an extra moveslot right now.

If your team struggles so hard against a mega scizor that you needed to pp stall with celesteela why not try putting flamethrower on it? Gyarados is also a pretty free switchin and can use scizor to start setting up dragon dances. It doesn't have superpower or knockoff until pokebank so aegislash is a hard counter right now too lol. Alolan marowak is pretty cool as well.

I have a non-competitive question : is there a way to find BS Stats ? They won't show on the PGL and I don't remember the trick the creator of battlespotstats.com used...

I have a non-competitive question : is there a way to find BS Stats ? They won't show on the PGL and I don't remember the trick the creator of battlespotstats.com used...
This is always an option http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-11/ scroll down to gen 7.

Its just the simulator stats, but they should be pretty close to whats going on in the cart scene. There are pages for usage and pages for movesets being used.

I miss something.
Why mons like typhlosion can be used and Greninja can not?
Cyndaquil is available ingame via Island Scan. Ash-Greninja is considered to be a mythical pokemon and therefore is banned in any rated formats unless there's a special season or competition that permits it. Ash-Greninja also cannot be bred while Froakie + its evolutions are nowhere to be found in the game yet either.

Is scarf lele running timid or modoest? I know Modest still outspeeds gyarados after a DD and also scarf mamoswine. Sure you still cant outspeed adamant scarf garchomp but seems like those are running jolly anyway (which you cant outspeed with timid anyway) and your not outspeeding mence after a DD anyway. Any reason to not run modest? It seems to hit a lot harder.

Maybe mirror match with Shadow Ball ?
Guess that is something to consider.

Moonblast still a 2hko btw.

Did a lot of work on my team and now sitting 1700. Seeing most of the "cheap" tactics and how to beat them but damn moody glalie is still ridiculous. 2-2 against it and it's like rng on whether or not I beat it due to evasion boosts.

What are the best counters to it?

I've heard snorlax body slam always hits? And I know toxic spikes apparently from google? but don't have any good set ups for either that would even be viable.

I also faced some wierd 1900 mimikyu stall set that used curse if anyone had come across it and know how to beat it, only saw it once and couldn't save the vid just remembered sub/curse/ possibly protect? Figy Berry. Don't even remember for sure if it had protect but I'd imagine since it was like a pseudo toxic sub stall

All of this is coming from someone who is back after having or played Pokémon in a long time before earlier this year btw (like 5 years yikes) and never played battle spot singles until sumo so don't know how these things were countered in the past

Guess that is something to consider.

Moonblast still a 2hko btw.

Did a lot of work on my team and now sitting 1700. Seeing most of the "cheap" tactics and how to beat them but damn moody glalie is still ridiculous. 2-2 against it and it's like rng on whether or not I beat it due to evasion boosts.

What are the best counters to it?

I've heard snorlax body slam always hits? And I know toxic spikes apparently from google? but don't have any good set ups for either that would even be viable.
Sacred Sword ignores evasion, so Aegislash and Kartana obliterate Glalie pretty easily.

Fissure also ignores evasion. It might take a while, but Mamoswine will eventually get through.

You can also have Gengar or something use Taunt, or have something fast use Toxic before Glalie can make a Substitute.

Sacred Sword ignores evasion, so Aegislash and Kartana obliterate Glalie pretty easily.

Fissure also ignores evasion. It might take a while, but Mamoswine will eventually get through.

You can also have Gengar or something use Taunt, or have something fast use Toxic before Glalie can make a Substitute.
Problem with glalie is sub/ protect so it comes in when you get a ko on something that forces you to switch out and your screwed. Just stalls until its moody gives it like +10 then it's game. So even if kartana can beat it by not missing the booster freeze drys just KO it and with mamoswine which I do run already actually the substitutes and speed boosts makes it impossible to not be hitting a sub with fissure

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sound based moves, Taunt, Encore, Perish Song, phasing, and multihit moves are all good options against a Glalie.

About tapu fini, that i'll use in the alola tour, i realize just now that her trait and scald don't work well together.

I know levitate user or flying mons can still be burned. But it's pretty annoying against others. I saw many fini running scald honestly, so here my doubt.

My set is moonblast, ice beam, haze and should i run hydro pump/surf or scald is it worth?
For burning celesteela for example.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
About tapu fini, that i'll use in the alola tour, i realize just now that her trait and scald don't work well together.

I know levitate user or flying mons can still be burned. But it's pretty annoying against others. I saw many fini running scald honestly, so here my doubt.

My set is moonblast, ice beam, haze and should i run hydro pump/surf or scald is it worth?
For burning celesteela for example.
Nature's Madness is pretty cool in the last slot

Nature's Madness is pretty cool in the last slot
No water stab then? Well i like nature's madness, sure it'll help against mons like lunala, celesteela (so then i can shot it with solgaleo flare blitz) and other bulky annoying thing.
Zygarde becomes perfect at 50% of his hp?

Best or recommended set for Pheromosa?
Item: focus sash or life orb
Naive, 252 atk, 252 spe, 4 spAtk
U-turn, High jump kick, ice beam, poison jab.

Sorry if it is not an ett, but i'm using my phone.

Item: focus sash or life orb
Naive, 252 atk, 252 spe, 4 spAtk
U-turn, High jump kick, ice beam, poison jab.

Sorry if it is not an ett, but i'm using my phone.
Naive or Naughty? With Naugthy you boost the Attack instead of the Speed and you are still faster than 252+ Tapu Koko. Maybe Naive is better for a mirror?

Naughty has worked great for me so far. Speed ties with other Pheromosa are 50/50 anyway, so might as well go for more power. No relevant threats outspeed Naughty Pheromosa except for Scarfed Lele.

This might be a very easy question, or it might be one of the most complex, unanswerable questions of all...

How does Battle Spot 3v3 singles differ from OU in terms of teambuilding/strategies?

To be quick (someone will detailed I'm too lazy) :
- You must theorically defeat an entire team with only 3 mons
- More straight teambuilding
- Long term strategies based like Stealth Rock are not effective
- However short term strategies (Trick Room and other Speed Control, weathers, setup, etc) are more effective
- More important aspects of Team Preview and mindgame

Forget about any one-use pokemon like Stealth Rock setters or Cleric pokemon. Every one of them needs to serve various functions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)