grumpy and stubborn
Battle Spot Leader
If you've got a simple question about Battle Spot and not sure where to post, this is the place!
- What is Battle Spot?
- Battle Spot is the collection of online ranked modes on the 3DS games themselves. The modes are 3v3 Singles, 4v4 Doubles, The Official VGC Ladder (discuss that in the proper forum), and a rotating Special Ladder that changes every season. In all modes you bring 6 Pokemon and choose the required amount at team preview
- How do I play Battle Spot?
- You need to register on the Pokemon Global Link (PGL) website first. You'll need to go to the Festival Plaza in your game, go to the PC in the castle and choose Game Sync, create your Game Sync ID, then enter it on the registration page on the PGL. Now you're done! You can choose to battle from the Festival Plaza.
- What are the rules? What's banned?
- The simplest way of explaining the rules of Battle Spot is that it's an online, player-vs-player version of the Battle Tree. Only certain legendary Pokemon are banned (cover legends such like Lugia, Ho-oh, Solgaleo, and Lunaala, and mythical Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, and Magearna), and you can only use one of each item on your team
- Can I use Pokemon transferred from older games?
- The Rated Battle Spot ladders only allow Pokemon caught/bred/obtained in XY, ORAS, SM, and USUM. You can only use Pokemon from the RBY/GS virtual console games, or RSE, DPPt, or BW in Free Battle or certain Online Competitions.