1. The moderators of this forum are cant say, Hulavuta, and DragonWhale.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Battle Spot Singles Simple Questions

Discussion in 'Battle Spot Singles' started by cant say, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Solerme

Solerme
    is an official Team Rater

Mega Altaria usually runs bulk on its sets, anyhow yeah you are right it can't setup that freely vs those mons. So actually now i'm pretty curious, you should try the cotton guard Altaria and let us know your results Koekiekoekje
  2. Koekiekoekje

Koekiekoekje

I can only try Altaria with Cotton Guard if I have a good team, which I haven't. The reason I posted in this thread was that I wanted help to build a team with Altaria with Cotton Guard.
  3. Solerme

Solerme

i'd more or less build around it as you would with Sub Toxic Mega Salamence, or even better i'd add it to the SkarmBliss core since it's able to kinda check CharX and Blazi/MBlazi, adding a check for Mega Gengar as well, such as Muk or TTar
    Koekiekoekje likes this.
  4. Koekiekoekje

Koekiekoekje

Muk really seems to be good here as it's likely the best possible answer to Gengar, as well as being able to threaten Fairy types and Aegislash. I think Skarmory and Chansey/Blissey are good additions to the team but they don't really do the matchup versus Steel types any favors. How does replacing Skarmory for Heatran and adding Rotom-Wash sound? Heatran does well versus stall if it runs Magma Storm and Rotom-Wash even could run a set with Choice Specs and the move Trick, but a bulky set with Will-O-Wisp seems good too.
  5. KCN

KCN

Hello.

It'd be cool if someone could hang out with me and play Pokemon without me having to bug them first. I've been battling Pokemon since GSbot but I've never been better than average, despite a lot of study into it. I'd like someone to sit with me for a bit and help me make a team for BSS, both on Showdown and on cart, and actually teach me how to make a balanced team, and how to pick at the team previews, which are my severe shortcomings. I am also tactically lacking as well.

I'd like to make a team with the less standard stuff; something different, more fun for me, and perhaps a little unpredictable on the ladder.

Thanks.
  6. Lionyx

Lionyx SlÄ dig fri
    is a Pre-Contributor

You should give this thread a try to find a tutor, and feel free to visit the Battle Spot room on Showdown, the welcoming community will be able to answer your questions and help you get better (obviously not to the point where a tutor would manage to help you, but still a great way to get started) :toast:
    (also if you wanna use less standard stuff, definitely give battle spot special 6 a try)
    cant say and Solerme like this.
  7. cant say

cant say Banned juicer.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Battle Spot Leader

If you post in the thread Lionyx linked above either myself or one of our other tutors will request to take you on. Thought I'd reply to your message so it'd alert you and you'd notice I also moved your post to the simple questions thread.
  8. Solerme

Solerme

Also, outside of tutoring thread that is indeed the way to go, try to spend some time in the battle spot room. Share thoughts in the chat and try to gain knowledge from the olther/more expert players, take part to the room daily tournaments and ask anything you need that is related to the metagame, and you'll see that you will improve for sure and you'll also find people to play with.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)