Battle Spot Special Season 6: Doubles Underused

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Body slam always hits and deals double damage against pokemon that have set up minimize. Try adding a pokemon that knows this move to your team to combat them.

If you're coming from playing straight OU, there is a bit of a learning curve. Don't be afraid to experiment with unique sets and be prepared to deal with difficult and annoying strategies, such as minimize chansey and swagplay klefki. Your opponents are playing to win. You'll need to be prepared to do the same if you want to beat them.
Here's the full list of Minimize-punishing moves:

Bulbapedia said:
Minimize's PP changed from 20 to 10. In addition, the moves Stomp, Steamroller, Body Slam, Dragon Rush, Flying Press, and Phantom Force will never miss and their base power is doubled when used against the Minimize user.

(link)
The best one to use is probably Phantom Force, as it hits all users of Minimize except for Chansey and Blissey, which are rarely seen in Doubles. Dragon Rush is stopped by Clefable and Body Slam is stopped by Drifblim and Chandelure, and all three resist Steamroller.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Here's the full list of Minimize-punishing moves:

The best one to use is probably Phantom Force, as it hits all users of Minimize except for Chansey and Blissey, which are rarely seen in Doubles. Dragon Rush is stopped by Clefable and Body Slam is stopped by Drifblim and Chandelure, and all three resist Steamroller.
I'll admit I offered body slam in particular mostly due to personal preference, as body slam also has a 30% chance to cause paralysis, however you are correct that drifblim and chandelure are immune. However, phantom force would definitely not be my first choice, especially against chandelure, as it's much more likely that chandy will be setting up trick room and would love to have that free turn to set it up, or running a choice scarf set. At least, that's what I'd expect in doubles.

I'd much rather hit them for super effective damage on one of their other weaknesses. Chandelure in particular is relatively frail.

out of that banlist i'm only using togekiss now but I have a substitute for it that'll work just fine. i'm so darn excited for this round to start. might be time to bring my lilligant out of the shadows after i've been perfecting it and it's attack spread.

I think Weavile would be excellent in this metagame, usual sash set with Icicle Crash/ Ice Shard/ Night Slash/ (Filler).

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
^Icicle Crash/Ice Shard/Knock Off/Fake Out. It has one of the fastest Fake Outs in the game so it's perfect for that, and Knock Off is far more useful than Night Slash is, as well as being more powerful over two hits.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
^Icicle Crash/Ice Shard/Knock Off/Fake Out. It has one of the fastest Fake Outs in the game so it's perfect for that, and Knock Off is far more useful than Night Slash is, as well as being more powerful over two hits.
I think Weavile would be excellent in this metagame, usual sash set with Icicle Crash/ Ice Shard/ Night Slash/ (Filler).
It's worth mentioning that one of weavile's useful niches in doubles is the ability to double-flinch with Fake Out and then Fling (King's Rock).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)