Battle Spot Teambuilding Discussion & Help Thread (read post #453, page 19)

Thanks for the advice guys, I have applied most of those changes, though I'm not sure on Poison Jab vs Fire Blast because of the nature on Garchomp. And yes it's singles 3v3, I forgot to mention. You mentioned Ferrothorn as being a possible team weakness. Any other pokemon that my team overall might struggle with so I know what to watch for and possibly change?

I was hoping you'd run damage calcs yourself to see the nature doesn't matter.

0- SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 112-132 (61.8 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 124-148 (68.5 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0- SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 128-152 (72.3 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 140-168 (79 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Nature doesn't matter unless you are facing a mixed bulky Ferrothorn but most are max phys defense so Fire Blast does its job.
Use this site to run calcs to see what spread and moves you might want and what they can do depending on what you are trying to do http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
Also really helps make great decisions when in a game! Make sure to set the lv to 50 before running calcs though!

I'll edit this post if I want to add anything regarding other issues for your team

Thanks, been tinkering with both sites, and have a better feel for what's good and what's not. I have a couple of final questions :). As far as Garchomp goes, I added Fire Blast over Poison Jab to help vs Ferrothorn and M-Scizor (and to some extent Skarmory). My question is, does it make sense to keep Fire Blast, since I realized Talonflame's Flare Blitz OHKOs both of those pokemon (With substantial recoil granted) instead of a 2HKO from Garchomp.. Is it worth it? The other question about him is: Is there any reason to run Stone Edge over Rock Slide? They both OHKO Charizard Y and Talonflame, in which case Rock Slide hits more consistently. However it seems that Rock Slide gives me a 92% chance to OHKO Thundurus and 100% to 2HKO Bulky Zapdos while Rock Slide does not, taking a turn longer on each.

Taunt on Thundurus seems like a great call, I don't think psychic was doing enough to merit a spot and now I am less prone to being swept by boosting teams/status shenigans. The only thing weakened is my match up vs M-Venusaur, but Talonflame still does a decent job against it with Brave Bird.

I decided to keep Return pm my M-Kanga, mostly because I am not a fan of the recoil on Double-Edge and also because I would have to breed for the move, too much hassle.

I also decided on not adding Shadow Sneak to my Aegislash, I am still debating on if I should do Substitute or keep Sacred Sword (my only fighting move on the team other than Power-up Punch). The reason being is I feel Shadow Sneak is better when using Weakness Policy, and I am using Leftovers (despite having offensive EVs). It can be nice to pick off a weak pokemon but I have priority on M-Kanga and i feel especially in singles 3v3 (Battle Spot) the need for picking off that one weak pokemon is not as glaring/doesn't come up as often and is not worth the move slot in this case. The biggest issue is I am now weaker to Bisharp, but I think Talonflame should handle him if I'm not mistaken, are there better counters on my team?

I Kept Will-O-Wisp on Talonflame, but I don't think it makes much difference. 99% of the time I am spamming Brave Bird, and sometimes when he switches back in and is super weak, a Will-O-Wisp can make nullify a physical attacker or help break a wall.

As far as the weaknesses go, It seems my team is weakest to Choice Scarf Victini, but my Garchomp outspeeds it and has a good chance to OHKO with Outrage (And is one of the only pokemon Victini will not OHKO on my team). The biggest wall to my team seems to be Porygon 2, but I am hoping that with Taunt on my Thundurus now, it won't be as big of an issue. Sorry if I asked any newb questions or made any newb observations. Let me know your thoughts and against thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited:
Don't worry about asking questions! I don't think that there's such thing as a bad question and that's what this thead is for :)

I'll leave the questions to others since I'm typing from my phone, but event pokemon such as Victini are actually banned in Battle Spot so no problems there! If you got that from the breakmyteam site then you can try changing the settings to other formats (between ubers and ou) to check for other pokemon which are battlespot/vgc legal. Ban List

Last edited:
Hmm, my team seems to be weak to mega Lucario. Is it worth bringing Excadrill back?
(The team is currently M-Venu, Volca, Hippowdon, Terrakion, Aegi, and Greninja)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm, my team seems to be weak to mega Lucario. Is it worth bringing Excadrill back?
(The team is currently M-Venu, Volca, Hippowdon, Terrakion, Aegi, and Greninja)
How exactly are you weak to it? MegaSaur, Volc, Hippowdon and Aegi all have positive matchups against it. Aegislash is even the second most common Pokemon that takes out Lucario according to the PGL stats. What is it doing that you have trouble with?

How exactly are you weak to it? MegaSaur, Volc, Hippowdon and Aegi all have positive matchups against it. Aegislash is even the second most common Pokemon that takes out Lucario according to the PGL stats. What is it doing that you have trouble with?
It sets up on megasaur and then dents everything if it's the nasty plot varient. Megasaur can't touch it.
I will say that I forgot they usually don't run dark pulse or shadow ball, so aegi does seem better suited now.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It sets up on megasaur and then dents everything if it's the nasty plot varient. Megasaur can't touch it.
I will say that I forgot they usually don't run dark pulse or shadow ball, so aegi does seem better suited now.
Yeah well neither Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse show up in Luke's top 10 moves so I think switching in Aegi is the safest option. What set are you running on MegaSaur? You can just 2HKO Mega Luke with Hidden Power Fire/Ground, which means you'll just be taking one booster Flash Cannon in the process (just misses the OHKO on a full health Venu)

Venu has leech seed/synthesis/sludge bomb/giga.
I think I was overestimating Luke since Volc and Aegi do seem quite able to deal with it; something more threatening seems to be the trolly Talonflame set (Brave Bird/Will-O/Roost/Taunt or Filler), since Hippowdon actually loses to it (EQ isn't even a 2HKO when it's roosting) :(. Terrakion can deal but hates Will-O.
My team is here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...style-posts-here.3500348/page-14#post-6157856 , with the exception of Terrakion instead of Exca. Terrakion is currently running CC/SE/Taunt/EQ and max speed and attack. Also Hippo has rocky helmet and rock slide instead of ice fang.

Last edited:
I've been working on a Mega Metagross team lately as it seems to be one of the megas i enjoy using the most lately. This is a Doubles team by the way

Mega Metagross @Metagrossite
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP ((I have been thinking about a more bulky spread but i'm not sure i want it))
Moves:
-Protect
-Substitue
-Iron Head
Zen Headbutt

Obviously the mega of the team. The EV spread is simple as i'm more or less trying to nail down the team synergy right now more than optimizing the EV spread. Substitue is a new addition to Metagross. I was running Ice Punch on Metagross and to be honest, i think i actually like the added coverage Ice Punch gives. Substitue was suggested by a friend but i'm just not sure how much i like it.

Hydreigon Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Spattack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
-Dark Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power

Fairly standard Hydreigon set here, not much to say. It compliments Metagross very well since they cover each other's weaknesses.

Conckeldur @ Assault Vest
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack, 136 Def, 116 Spdef
Moves:
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off

This set was mainly designed around the fact that i don't have Ice Punch on Metagross. The 136 Def EVs gives me 132 base defense, 116 Spdef combine with Assault Vest gives Conk a over all 150 spdef. The 252 Attack EV's gives Conk max attack in order to hit things like Thundurus and Lando-T super hard. However, what i have noticed with this set is that i feel like i'm taking to much damage on the physical end. If i end up switching back to Ice Punch on Metagross i may switch this to a more bulky spread. Say close to max HP with about with minimal attack investment, enough to hit about 180 attack.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spattack
Moves:
-Recover
-Icy Wind
-Scald
-Ice Beam

Normally i would run Suicune as my water type but with Sitrus Berry being taken, i wanted to use something that could heal itself if needed. One option i had considered was using Rocky Helmet in place of Leftovers so that i could lead Metagross plus Milotic against Kang leads and force the Fakeout onto Milotic to grab some extra damage on Kang while setting up a sub turn two to avoid Sucker punches while Milo fishes for a burn.

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 72 Def, 36 Spattack, 88 spdef, 60 Speed
Moves:
-Tailwind
-Roost
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice

I wanted to give something else a try instead of Suicune for Tailwind support. I've heard Zapdos is a pretty good Tailwind user and it hits like a truck even without to much special attack investment. 60 Speed EV's gets Zapdos up to 128 base speed, which is one point higher than my Rotom-H and i wanted to know exactly which would go first if there were both on the field at the same time. The other reason why i wanted Zapdos instead of Suicune was because of Talonflame. Talonflame is a real issue for Metagross so having a check to it was important to me. While Milo checks Talonflame and many other fire type pokemon, it often doesn't OHKO talonflame, so the chance of a Flare Blitz coming on on Metagross was still there. Zapdos solved this issue being able to OHKO Talonflame a majority of the time. The only time it wouldn't OHKO Talonflame was if the opponent was running a max hp and max spdef Talonflame, which is unlikely to do a ton of damage to Metagross anyways. This same logic was also applied to Mega Char Y as it is a issue too.

Rotom-H @ Safety Goggles
Nature:Modest
EVs: 92 HP, 252 Spattack, 164 speed
-Protect
-Will-O-Wisp
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt

As mentioned above, i wanted something that could deal with Talonflame, not only this but i wanted something that could deal with Char-y behind a Amoonguss redirection. Rotom-H does this for me. While it doesn't OHKO Char-y, it does do about 90% to a bulkyish Char-Y, so in two turns it can take care of Char-Y allowing Metagross to come in and start mopping up.

looks solid , however from experience you will see a lot of Gastrodon ,Swanperts , Mamoswine , switching in and HP ice wont do much to them and how your team doesn't lack ice coverage this would help you wen situation arrives

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Moves:
-Tailwind
-Roost
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass

Hey guys! I have a florges on my team and decided with your help that clefable was a lot better as a fairy pokemon and cleric. I also have a reuniclus with magic guard and with calm mind as a move, so i wanted unaware as ability for clefable. This will help against serperior and sableye and such. What moves should i run on clefable? I kinda want it to be a cleric with wish and aromatherapy, but with unaware it will be a better mon to run calm mind than reuniclus. As two pokemon with calm mind sounds a bit much, should i use another move on my reuniclus?

Hey guys! I have a florges on my team and decided with your help that clefable was a lot better as a fairy pokemon and cleric. I also have a reuniclus with magic guard and with calm mind as a move, so i wanted unaware as ability for clefable. This will help against serperior and sableye and such. What moves should i run on clefable? I kinda want it to be a cleric with wish and aromatherapy, but with unaware it will be a better mon to run calm mind than reuniclus. As two pokemon with calm mind sounds a bit much, should i use another move on my reuniclus?
Reuniclus with Calm Mind is better in this case than Unaware Clefable. Unaware Clefable could run a combination of Wish | Aromatherapy | Protect | Moonblast, with Fire Blast slashed somewhere perhaps.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Due to the fast-paced nature of the game, you might want to consider condensing the two moves (Wish + Aromatherapy) into the one move; Healing Wish. You then only need one turn to completely heal a switch-in, which also gets in for free (think a slow Volt/turn out). You can then use 3 other moves of your choice, as opposed to the two leftovers that Wish + Aroma would provide. Just a thought

Clefable is one of the best bulky mons in the world. What you should run is:

Clefable @ Kee Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Att
- Minimize
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Best Cleric in the game is Cresselia with Lunar Dance. But Healing Wish mons like Musharna work too especially as a Substitute for Cress who may not be possible for you to get for Battle Spot competitively. Unless you are running umbreon on a stall team, clerics are best in the form of Lunar Dance/Healing Wish support

Reuniclus with Calm Mind is better in this case than Unaware Clefable. Unaware Clefable could run a combination of Wish | Aromatherapy | Protect | Moonblast, with Fire Blast slashed somewhere perhaps.
I really like having wish instead of healing wish so im going for your moveset, wich is btw the exact same as i run on my florges now. I understand that cant say And groudon empire say healing wish is faster, but wish can be used more than once and gives also a lot of momentum and i dont lose my pokemon for that.
Florges ability is so useless and unaware helps against a lot of boost-pokemon so therefore i take clefable. The downside is that florges has a lot more special bulk than clefable and less special attack, i dont really mind the special attack drop, but against hydreigon and charizard y it will do less, i hope clefable lives a flash cannon from hydreigon.
Is safety goggles a good item for clefable? It helps against powder moves and i have both hail and sand on my team and i already run sitrus berry and leftovers on my team.

I really like having wish instead of healing wish so im going for your moveset, wich is btw the exact same as i run on my florges now. I understand that cant say And groudon empire say healing wish is faster, but wish can be used more than once and gives also a lot of momentum and i dont lose my pokemon for that.
Florges ability is so useless and unaware helps against a lot of boost-pokemon so therefore i take clefable. The downside is that florges has a lot more special bulk than clefable and less special attack, i dont really mind the special attack drop, but against hydreigon and charizard y it will do less, i hope clefable lives a flash cannon from hydreigon.
Is safety goggles a good item for clefable? It helps against powder moves and i have both hail and sand on my team and i already run sitrus berry and leftovers on my team.
Just curious, this is the same bulky team you posted a while ago that you're talking about, if I recall correctly?

If so, Safety Goggles is the best choice for Clefable since all the typical "good" items for bulky pokemon are used already. Or you could be trolly and go for haxy items like Brightpowder or Lax Incense :)

Just curious, this is the same bulky team you posted a while ago that you're talking about, if I recall correctly?

If so, Safety Goggles is the best choice for Clefable since all the typical "good" items for bulky pokemon are used already. Or you could be trolly and go for haxy items like Brightpowder or Lax Incense :)
Yeah it is the same team! Leftovers and sitrus berry and rocky helmet are all the typical good items for bulky pokemon? Trolling with evasion is not really my style xd.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
looks solid , however from experience you will see a lot of Gastrodon ,Swanperts , Mamoswine , switching in and HP ice wont do much to them and how your team doesn't lack ice coverage this would help you wen situation arrives

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Moves:
-Tailwind
-Roost
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass
tbh I don't feel that this change is really necessary for a Doubles team - Gastrodon and Swampert aren't really commonly seen and Mamoswine is beaten fairly by Metagross and Milotic. Also, being unable to hit Landorus-T and Mega Salamence is pretty suboptimal so I'd keep this as Hidden Power [Ice], especially if you're planning to soft-reset for it Karma89 :) Now for your team:

Mega Metagross @Metagrossite
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP ((I have been thinking about a more bulky spread but i'm not sure i want it))
Moves:
-Protect
-Substitute
-Iron Head
Zen Headbutt

Obviously the mega of the team. The EV spread is simple as i'm more or less trying to nail down the team synergy right now more than optimizing the EV spread. Substitute is a new addition to Metagross. I was running Ice Punch on Metagross and to be honest, i think i actually like the added coverage Ice Punch gives. Substitute was suggested by a friend but i'm just not sure how much i like it.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Spattack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
-Dark Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power

Fairly standard Hydreigon set here, not much to say. It compliments Metagross very well since they cover each other's weaknesses.

Conckeldur @ Assault Vest
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack, 136 Def, 116 Spdef
Moves:
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off

This set was mainly designed around the fact that i don't have Ice Punch on Metagross. The 136 Def EVs gives me 132 base defense, 116 Spdef combine with Assault Vest gives Conk a over all 150 spdef. The 252 Attack EV's gives Conk max attack in order to hit things like Thundurus and Lando-T super hard. However, what i have noticed with this set is that i feel like i'm taking to much damage on the physical end. If i end up switching back to Ice Punch on Metagross i may switch this to a more bulky spread. Say close to max HP with about with minimal attack investment, enough to hit about 180 attack.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spattack
Moves:
-Recover
-Icy Wind
-Scald
-Ice Beam

Normally i would run Suicune as my water type but with Sitrus Berry being taken, i wanted to use something that could heal itself if needed. One option i had considered was using Rocky Helmet in place of Leftovers so that i could lead Metagross plus Milotic against Kang leads and force the Fakeout onto Milotic to grab some extra damage on Kang while setting up a sub turn two to avoid Sucker punches while Milo fishes for a burn.

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Moves:
-Tailwind
-Roost
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice

I wanted to give something else a try instead of Suicune for Tailwind support. I've heard Zapdos is a pretty good Tailwind user and it hits like a truck even without to much special attack investment. 60 Speed EV's gets Zapdos up to 128 base speed, which is one point higher than my Rotom-H and i wanted to know exactly which would go first if there were both on the field at the same time. The other reason why i wanted Zapdos instead of Suicune was because of Talonflame. Talonflame is a real issue for Metagross so having a check to it was important to me. While Milo checks Talonflame and many other fire type pokemon, it often doesn't OHKO talonflame, so the chance of a Flare Blitz coming on on Metagross was still there. Zapdos solved this issue being able to OHKO Talonflame a majority of the time. The only time it wouldn't OHKO Talonflame was if the opponent was running a max hp and max spdef Talonflame, which is unlikely to do a ton of damage to Metagross anyways. This same logic was also applied to Mega Char Y as it is a issue too.

Rotom-H @ Safety Goggles
Nature:Modest
EVs: 92 HP, 252 Spattack, 164 speed
-Protect
-Will-O-Wisp
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt

As mentioned above, i wanted something that could deal with Talonflame, not only this but i wanted something that could deal with Char-y behind a Amoonguss redirection. Rotom-H does this for me. While it doesn't OHKO Char-y, it does do about 90% to a bulkyish Char-Y, so in two turns it can take care of Char-Y allowing Metagross to come in and start mopping up.
First and foremost, Rotom-H seems like a pretty redundant Pokémon on a team with Zapdos - Talonflame isn't really that much of an issue for this team anyway so you don't need to stack checks to it, and running Rotom-H robs you of a team-slot that you could be using to take on actual threats to your team, such as Terrakion and Mega Gallade. I reckon that Will-o-Wisp is still important to this team, so I suggest trying Support Arcanine in this spot. I don't really know anything about using it myself but you can find a bunch of cool spreads and movesets to try here - it can offer you damage control with Snarl, priority in ExtremeSpeed if you choose, a way to smack Kangaskhan with Close Combat and, of course, the Fire STAB. It would appreciate a Sitrus Berry so perhaps swap the Berry on Zapdos for Leftovers, or give Arcanine the Safety Goggles? Experiment a bit and see what you get, but make sure you use the spot where Rotom-H was to your advantage, as much as possible. (as an afterthought, maybe you could use a special Arc with Will-o-Wisp, Snarl, Heat Wave and Hidden Power [Grass]? Just giving you some ideas)

Just fyi if any1 thinks the sets I propose with Minimize are "troll" sets, you are looking at it the wrong way.
Not saying any1 is but those are legit and effective sets. Truly among the most fearful sets in the metagame imo.
But they can work to troll too if that's your intention (that's not mine)

tbh I don't feel that this change is really necessary for a Doubles team - Gastrodon and Swampert aren't really commonly seen and Mamoswine is beaten fairly by Metagross and Milotic. Also, being unable to hit Landorus-T and Mega Salamence is pretty suboptimal so I'd keep this as Hidden Power [Ice], especially if you're planning to soft-reset for it Karma89 :) Now for your team:

First and foremost, Rotom-H seems like a pretty redundant Pokémon on a team with Zapdos - Talonflame isn't really that much of an issue for this team anyway so you don't need to stack checks to it, and running Rotom-H robs you of a team-slot that you could be using to take on actual threats to your team, such as Terrakion and Mega Gallade. I reckon that Will-o-Wisp is still important to this team, so I suggest trying Support Arcanine in this spot. I don't really know anything about using it myself but you can find a bunch of cool spreads and movesets to try here - it can offer you damage control with Snarl, priority in ExtremeSpeed if you choose, a way to smack Kangaskhan with Close Combat and, of course, the Fire STAB. It would appreciate a Sitrus Berry so perhaps swap the Berry on Zapdos for Leftovers, or give Arcanine the Safety Goggles? Experiment a bit and see what you get, but make sure you use the spot where Rotom-H was to your advantage, as much as possible. (as an afterthought, maybe you could use a special Arc with Will-o-Wisp, Snarl, Heat Wave and Hidden Power [Grass]? Just giving you some ideas)
Honestly, i have been really wanting to use a support Arcanine for a while now. However, i've been trying to stay away from doubling up on weaknesses that Metagross has. This was the reason why i chose Rotom-H over Arcanine since it doesn't share a ground Weakness with Metagross.

Just fyi if any1 thinks the sets I propose with Minimize are "troll" sets, you are looking at it the wrong way.
Not saying any1 is but those are legit and effective sets. Truly among the most fearful sets in the metagame imo.
But they can work to troll too if that's your intention (that's not mine)
Its not a troll set, it is only not my style to use evasion boosters, i prefer bulky pokemon who still can deal good damage.

Another question, should i make my hippowdon mix bulked? That means 252hp 128df and 128spdf. I can live a solar beam from char y with that one.
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Hippowdon: 178-210 (82.7 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It still can live a +1 attacking mega char x his flare blits!
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Hippowdon: 160-189 (74.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You shouldn't be watching out for Solar Beam too much. Overheat in the sun does more damage, and about one-fourth of Char Y's run that move.
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Overheat vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Hippowdon in Sun: 214-253 (99.5 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

There's really no avoiding to get OHKO'd by Modest Overheat as well, unless if you use specially defensive Hippo, which has a chance to be OHKO'd as well. It can survive a Timid one though.
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon in Sun: 187-222 (86.9 - 103.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

However, if you wish to live a hit from Solar Beam hoping that the Char Y doesn't have Overheat, 108 SpD and 148 Def can just survive a Timid Solar Beam. If you're scared of Modest Solar Beam from Zard Y, you have to run 188 SpD and 68 Def, but you lose on a lot of physical bulk. BTW, one-fifth of Charizard run Modest Nature, so it is something to watch out for when you use Hippo against it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Also, running calcs for CharX at +1 isn't really fair since Swords Dance sets are twice as common as Dragon Dance sets. In my oppinion, you should really go one way or the other with Hippo, since compromising and going for both makes him lacklustre in those areas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)