BSS Teambuilding & Help Thread (SuMo Edition Reloaded 2.0)

Adding those two probably wouldn't be terrible. But that results in you doubled up on dragon, ghost, and steel-types, which would make decisions in team select easier for your opponents.
Thanks for all of your excellent tips and feedback!

Having two dragons with 4x weakness to ice is definitely bad, and I am reluctant to remove Garchomp, but Mamoswine with Fissure sounds very interesting. I've never really used Fissure (and I generally avoid moves with low chance to hit), but it sounds like it could be a gamechanger in battle spot, and I could possibly breed for stealth rock too. Really love the icicle spear too as it can even OHKO focus sash Garchomp and take out Mimikyus disguise.

I already have a decent Tapu Koko that I used in the Battle of Alola competition and could definitely bring it right in as a fast revenge killer, but I'm not sure what item to use for it in battle spot. Scarf? Zap plate? Life orb?
Mega Gyarados is definitely strong and I seem to meet it very often (and always have a hard time with it, so Tapu Koko might fit right in just for that), and it completely wrecks Mimikyu which I see often too.

Edit:
I'll try adding these 3 and test it on Showdown:
(Keeping Mimikyu, Celesteela, P2 and removing Garchomp)

Mamoswine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat (Can you get this in Sun & Moon?)
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Fissure

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Last edited:
The usual Gyarados set is Jolly with Crunch/Earthquake/Substitute/Dragon Dance. Substitute is basically free against Celesteela and others, allowing you to Dragon Dance safely. Crunch hits lots of stuff neutrally and Earthquake gives you OHKOs at +1 against various electrics that might try to check Gyarados.

Orb seems to be the most common item for Koko; I've also had success with Sash and Specs.

Thanks for all of your excellent tips and feedback!

Having two dragons with 4x weakness to ice is definitely bad, and I am reluctant to remove Garchomp, but Mamoswine with Fissure sounds very interesting. I've never really used Fissure (and I generally avoid moves with low chance to hit), but it sounds like it could be a gamechanger in battle spot, and I could possibly breed for stealth rock too. Really love the icicle spear too as it can even OHKO focus sash Garchomp and take out Mimikyus disguise.

I already have a decent Tapu Koko that I used in the Battle of Alola competition and could definitely bring it right in as a fast revenge killer, but I'm not sure what item to use for it in battle spot. Scarf? Zap plate? Life orb?
Mega Gyarados is definitely strong and I seem to meet it very often (and always have a hard time with it, so Tapu Koko might fit right in just for that), and it completely wrecks Mimikyu which I see often too.

Edit:
I'll try adding these 3 and test it on Showdown:
(Keeping Mimikyu, Celesteela, P2 and removing Garchomp)

Mamoswine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat (Can you get this in Sun & Moon?)
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Fissure

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
According to Serebii, it is available through transfer. I believe this means thick fat is not available until Pokebank updates and releases.

Hey All,

I've been trying to make this trio work but I’m having trouble figuring out great teammates to include with them. I am open to changing the team up completely if it means being successful and any help is greatly appreciated!

Incineroar @ Incinium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 220 HP / 252 ATK / 36 SPE
Adamant Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Darkest Lariat
-U Turn
-Taunt

Incineroar is my main threat breaker on the team, capable of checking/countering Celesteela, Alolan Marowak, and Aegislash. 36 Speed Ev’s puts me at 85 Speed. Neutral Speed Celesteela with 0 investment sits at 81 Speed, Neutral Speed Aegislash with 0 investment sits at 80 Speed, and Neutral Speed Alolan Marowak with 132 Ev’s sits at 82 Speed. The 36 Speed Ev’s are crucial for Incineroar to work his magic. Taunt is there to shut down Baton Passers like Eevee and other set up Sweepers. Taunt also shuts down Defensive Aegislash from using Toxic and Substitute while Incineroar takes negligible damage from Shadow Ball or Gyro Ball. U-turn is there to scout out switches.

Calcs vs Celesteela
(@252HP EV, 252DEF EV, Impish Nature)
252+ Atk Incineroar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 146-174 (71.5 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 220 HP / 0 Def Incineroar: 38-45 (19.1 - 22.7%) -- possible 5HKO

Calcs vs Aegislash
(@252HP, 4DEF EV, Sassy Nature, Defensive Aegislash Set)
252+ Atk Incineroar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 146-174 (87.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
While Flare Blitz KO’ing comes down to a roll, Malicious Moonsault….
252+ Atk Incineroar Malicious Moonsault vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Aegislash-Shield: 218-258 (130.5 - 154.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Calcs Vs Alolan Marowak
(@252HP, 16ATK, 108 SPD, 132SPE, Adamant Nature)
252+ Atk Incineroar Darkest Lariat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Marowak-Alola: 134-162 (80.2 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Darkest Lariat will 2HKO while Bonemerang/Earthquake will also 2HKO, which why the speed is the way that it is. But Malicious Moonsault can be taken into account….
252+ Atk Incineroar Malicious Moonsault vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Marowak-Alola: 284-336 (170 - 201.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Malicious Moonsault will Always OHKO Marowak and Aegislash in Any Configuration.

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Lunge
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Rocky Helmet Buzzwole stops Mega Gyarados cold, at least until Pokemon Bank release where Gyarados can get Bounce. Lunge’s attack reduction is the key to winning the matchup; combined with roost can set you up to outlast him completely. Ice punch is there for coverage, being able to OHKO Garchomp. Salamence is abit trickier to handle since it comes down to a roll to OHKO after the Intimidate on the switch in:

-1 252+ Atk Buzzwole Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 160-192 (93.5 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Worst case Scenario is that Salamence Mega Evolves and KO’s me with Double Edge, but also KO’s itself, and best case scenario is that he goes for the Roost out of panic and I KO with another Ice Punch.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Goodra serves as my irresistible Tapu Bait. If I lead with Goodra and my opponent leads with a Tapu, there's at least a 85% chance that they'll stay in and try to hit Goodra with a Dazzling Gleam/Moonblast. Goodra retaliates with a Sludge Wave which usually OHKO or 2HKO's them. Tapu Bulu is completely neutered by Goodra due to Sap Sipper. Thunderbolt gives me coverage options vs Celesteela with Sap Sipper removing the option to Leech Seed.

Calcs Vs Tapu Koko:
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 100 HP / 156 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 65-78 (36.5 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
vs.
252+ SpA Goodra Sludge Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 136-160 (93.1 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
Without Life Orb
252 SpA Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 100 HP / 156 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 50-60 (28 - 33.7%) -- Miniscule chance to 3HKO

Calcs Vs Tapu Fini:
252+ SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 100 HP / 156 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 62-74 (34.8 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
vs
252+ SpA Goodra Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 86-102 (48.5 - 57.6%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO

Vs Tapu Lele is where it becomes abit...trickier. If Tapu Lele is Timid and not Running Choice Specs, I'll win:
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 100 HP / 156 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 68-84 (38.2 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
vs
252+ SpA Goodra Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Lele: 96-114 (66.2 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

However if Lele is Modest it comes down to a roll if I'm 2HKO'd and its very low:
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 100 HP / 156 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 78-92 (43.8 - 51.6%) -- 8.6% chance to 2HKO

And if Its Specs Lele, then I have to Tag It on the switch in for Goodra to beat it, since it becomes a guaranteed 2HKO.

So I'm looking for some serious criticism. This team peaked at 1766 and I'm currently sitting in the low to mid 1700s and want to take to the next level and play at the 1800s so I need some solid advice.

Porygon2 @ Evolite
Bold / Trace
252 HP / 212 Def / 24 Sp.Def / 16 Spe
Toxic / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Recover

Physical wall, takes care of all those physical attackers and toxic stall is more than enough. The Ev spread is cutsom build so I can one on one lele and koko at full health.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly / Oblivious
76 Hp / 252 Att / 180 Spe
Stealth Rock / Icicle Spear / Ice Shard / Earthquake

Every team needs a ground type and focus sash gives me that extra protection, this guy can surprise Ko alo of ground weak mons. Had him as a staple since the beginning.

Muk - Alolan @ Assault Vest
Adamant / Poison Touch
252 Hp / 238 Att / 24 Sp.Def
Poison Jab / Gunk Shot / Shadow Sneak / Knock Off

He was only added to be a lele counter as moonblast is a 4Hko with that speard and assault vest but he's surprisingly a solid special tank getting 3 hko'd by tapu koko while hitting back for the Ko.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Jolly / Justified --> Adaptibility
4 Hp / 252 Att / 252 Spe
Close Combat / Earthquake / Sword Dance / Bullet Punch

My faovourite mega, not much needs to be said about this.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold / Misty Surge
248 HP / 196 Def / 56 SpDef / 8 Spe
Taunt / Nature's Madness / Moonblast / Surf

Originally had Z-crystal primarina but after 1650, I didn't bring it to a single batle so decided to switch in a bulky fini to handle earthquake's better. Taunt is to break stall and does a surprisingly good job of it. Overall, a solid edition though it hasn't had much battle time yet. Thinking of changing the item to a z-crystal.

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Beast Boost
252 Sp.Att / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Energy Ball / Hidden Power Ice

Surprising number of sweeps with this guy since everyone expects Z-hypnosis. If the opposing team doesn't have a ground type, then this guy is always my win condition.

So there it is. I've been struggling to break into the 1800s, anything I can change minor or radical to improve?

Hi, I have found a Pokemon that can be quite strong with his core in BSS :
M-Gengar (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Bomb

He can sweep a lot of Pokemon and kill Tapu Lele (If he don't have scarf because of the speed I think, i should try damage calculator and edit this post soon). He can be countered by Sucker Punch or other priority so I think that Bisharp or Tyranitar can take easily these moves because of their little bulk. The little problem is Ground move (I think that Mandibuzz can be usefull but I didn't tried yet).

Hey guys it's me again.

I've started playing some BSS on SuMo, and there's the team I'm having a bit of success.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 258 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab

I tried this in different versions (Mega Garchomp with Swords Dance, Rocky Helmet but I hadn't Outrage), and this looks like the better setup for him. Thanks to Scarf he's able to outspeed a lot of common threats, and with such a vast movepool I'm usually able to "semi-predict" some switch-ins (like Poison Jab on something if he got Tapu Koko in party).

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

This guy hits like a truck. He's usually faster than most pokemons, giving me some good "tempo" with Volt Switch and 1-2OHKO moves.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Ultraboost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protection
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

This walls very well most pokemons. It has some problems with SpA Tapu Fini and the likes, but other than that, I feel pretty confident switching into this most of the time. Leech Seed + Protection give enough time to get some damage on Pokemons that would normally kill it (managed to kill a Vikavolt thanks to Leech Seed on Switch-In, and then Protection-Flamethrower spamming against his Thunderbolt).

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

To be honest, I haven't used this one a single time yet. Usually I prefer Tapu Koko to kill opposing Fairy-weak Pokemons, and I'm not very experienced on Belly Drum setup (and other setups generally).
Planning on changing this one for now.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

First mega-evo, usually I use this against physical teams (for Intimidate), but I seem to not find any window to use DD and setup fast enough to wipe the opposing team. Most of my losses came probably because I mismanaged this Pokemon.

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb

This is my main mega-evo, it usually gets atleast 2 opposing Pokemons thanks to Bomb/Ball and Destiny Bond. Taunt is used to prevent Toxic, Thunder Wave, Roost and other non-damaging moves.
It hits very hard almost everything. And this goes against most SpA Teams.

For now I'm like 13-5 with this team, started from 1460 or something (tried another team first and failed miserably).

As said earlier, Azumarill feels like out of place. I had Alolan Golem in his place, but it felt unnecessary, as I always use Tapu Koko for Electric moves.
Is there any Pokemon that could fit better in this spot? I already have the Steel-Fairy-Dragon core with Garchomp-Celesteela-Tapu Koko, and I think Gyarados and Gengar cover most of the weaknesses already.
Maybe a strong fire type? Or something like Alolan Muk for more utility (Minimize-Knock Off and Black Sludge)

Most problematic pokemons were Porygon2 (don't know if he goes for Shadow Ball or Ice Beam until I switch with M-Gengar), but usually Destiny Bond or Sludge Bomb+Taunt take care of him (Destiny for Shadow Ball Pory, and Sludge Bomb for Ice Beam/Thunderbolt Pory). Some versions of Tapu Lele also give some trouble, as it has insane speed and insane damage output.
Other than that, the biggest problem I face is myself, I'm not very experienced and I'm still making very level 0 errors.

Any suggestions for the team?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hey guys it's me again.

I've started playing some BSS on SuMo, and there's the team I'm having a bit of success.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 258 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab

I tried this in different versions (Mega Garchomp with Swords Dance, Rocky Helmet but I hadn't Outrage), and this looks like the better setup for him. Thanks to Scarf he's able to outspeed a lot of common threats, and with such a vast movepool I'm usually able to "semi-predict" some switch-ins (like Poison Jab on something if he got Tapu Koko in party).

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

This guy hits like a truck. He's usually faster than most pokemons, giving me some good "tempo" with Volt Switch and 1-2OHKO moves.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Ultraboost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protection
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

This walls very well most pokemons. It has some problems with SpA Tapu Fini and the likes, but other than that, I feel pretty confident switching into this most of the time. Leech Seed + Protection give enough time to get some damage on Pokemons that would normally kill it (managed to kill a Vikavolt thanks to Leech Seed on Switch-In, and then Protection-Flamethrower spamming against his Thunderbolt).

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

To be honest, I haven't used this one a single time yet. Usually I prefer Tapu Koko to kill opposing Fairy-weak Pokemons, and I'm not very experienced on Belly Drum setup (and other setups generally).
Planning on changing this one for now.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

First mega-evo, usually I use this against physical teams (for Intimidate), but I seem to not find any window to use DD and setup fast enough to wipe the opposing team. Most of my losses came probably because I mismanaged this Pokemon.

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb

This is my main mega-evo, it usually gets atleast 2 opposing Pokemons thanks to Bomb/Ball and Destiny Bond. Taunt is used to prevent Toxic, Thunder Wave, Roost and other non-damaging moves.
It hits very hard almost everything. And this goes against most SpA Teams.

For now I'm like 13-5 with this team, started from 1460 or something (tried another team first and failed miserably).

As said earlier, Azumarill feels like out of place. I had Alolan Golem in his place, but it felt unnecessary, as I always use Tapu Koko for Electric moves.
Is there any Pokemon that could fit better in this spot? I already have the Steel-Fairy-Dragon core with Garchomp-Celesteela-Tapu Koko, and I think Gyarados and Gengar cover most of the weaknesses already.
Maybe a strong fire type? Or something like Alolan Muk for more utility (Minimize-Knock Off and Black Sludge)

Most problematic pokemons were Porygon2 (don't know if he goes for Shadow Ball or Ice Beam until I switch with M-Gengar), but usually Destiny Bond or Sludge Bomb+Taunt take care of him (Destiny for Shadow Ball Pory, and Sludge Bomb for Ice Beam/Thunderbolt Pory). Some versions of Tapu Lele also give some trouble, as it has insane speed and insane damage output.
Other than that, the biggest problem I face is myself, I'm not very experienced and I'm still making very level 0 errors.

Any suggestions for the team?

Thanks in advance! :)
Outside of Garchomp. Electric types do seem to give you a problem, I'd try and remove either azu or gyara. Maybe Marowak-A to give you that celesteela +Marowak core? I know alot of people run dual mega but that really hinders team selection so I'd definitely look at removing gengar if you're bringin in marowak-A or something of that nature. Just my two cents.

Hello! I played a bunch of BSS yesterday and laddered all the way to 1,659 with a 29-18 record. I wanted to know if there is any adjustments that i could make to my team? Here's the team:

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 44 Def / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Crunch

Silvally @ Electric Memory
Ability: RKS System
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- Crunch

Need some suggestions for a sixth member to round out this team for the next competition, since there are no megas allowed.

Garchomp
Ability: Sand Veil (totally forgot about Rough Skin when I was breeding)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Fire Fang

Tapu Lele
Timid Nature
-Moonblast
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

Mimikyu
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Play Rough
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Claw
-Swords Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
-Volt Switch
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Substitute
-Leech Life
-Hammer Arm

No items listed yet because I'm still in "spend BP wisely mode", so I'm mostly sorting types and coverage first. Started out building this team with a Dragon/Fairy/Steel core in mind. Ran it through a team planner and there don't seem to be too many shared weaknesses so far. Just want to make sure I don't get walled by anything obvious.

Edit: Made some minor adjustments and added a few items. Most notable change is Ice Punch on Buzzwole is swapped for Substitute.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello! I played a bunch of BSS yesterday and laddered all the way to 1,659 with a 29-18 record. I wanted to know if there is any adjustments that i could make to my team? Here's the team:

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
EVs: 44 Def / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Crunch

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- Crunch
I think you should consider swapping Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt's placemant on Porygon-Z's moveset so it becomes Electric-type. You need Adaptability Thunderbolt to OHKO Celesteela, and non-STAB +1 Shadow Ball OHKOes Marowak-A so this will help you effectively handle that core. This means that Silvally-Electric is basically useless as PZ does its job now. I'd replace that for something that beats Porygon2 as you're pretty weak to that; Assault Vest Buzzwole (or specially defensive Bulk Up) looks nice for that.

Helmet Chomp is something a lot of people fall for. It's inferior to Sash / Scarf and should only be used if you already have Sash and Scarf users on your team. I'd also change Dragon Claw for Outrage for POWER

I think you should consider swapping Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt's placemant on Porygon-Z's moveset so it becomes Electric-type. You need Adaptability Thunderbolt to OHKO Celesteela, and non-STAB +1 Shadow Ball OHKOes Marowak-A so this will help you effectively handle that core. This means that Silvally-Electric is basically useless as PZ does its job now. I'd replace that for something that beats Porygon2 as you're pretty weak to that; Assault Vest Buzzwole (or specially defensive Bulk Up) looks nice for that.

Helmet Chomp is something a lot of people fall for. It's inferior to Sash / Scarf and should only be used if you already have Sash and Scarf users on your team. I'd also change Dragon Claw for Outrage for POWER
So change the Rocky Helmet on Garchomp, get rid of Silvally, and add Buzzwole? What's a good set for Buzzwole ?

Hi all!

I was trying to make a Porygon-Z + Mimikyu team since I really like the potential of both, so I came up with this team.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Glue to the team, offers really good defenses to switch into almost anything neutral and strike back with a pretty good coverage. Also checks most fairies.

Mimikyu @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Destiny Bond
- Swords Dance

One of the stars of the team. Lum berry is an amazing item since lots of oppoents are going to try to WoW or TWave it. Play Rough is for nuke and SS for revenge killing things that Porygon-Z couldn't 0HKO. Destiny Bond is helpful sometimes, but Mimikyu's speed isn't as awesome as Gengar's, so I might replace it for SClaw or WoW.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion
- Shadow Ball

I find Porygon-Z simply amazing. If the opponent doesn't kill it before setting up, it becomes really difficult to stop. 180 TBolts are no joke even for pokemon that resists the BoltBeam combo like Magnezone. Shadow Ball is for A-Wak, but sometimes I change it for Hyper Beam just in case I need to nuke something fast.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

Another glue pokemon, it is the most recent addition, mostly used to check fast mons and to switch into electric moves.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 SpA
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Sneak

I find Assault Vest A-Muk really great to check the tapus, which seems to be everywhere. Knock Off works wonders against switch ins and against Porygon2. Poison Jab instead of Gunk Shot because of accurancy and because of having a 50% chance of poison. Fire Blast + 84 SpA Evs allow it to 2HKO all Scizor builds and deal a huge amount of damage to other steel types that try to come into a Poison Jab. Shadow Sneak to have a second way of revenge killing, just in case I couldn't bring Mimikyu.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Finally, Slowbro is my check to physical attackers like Physical Mega Mence, Garchomp, M-Khanga or the now rare Talonflame. I'm not really into Calm Mind so I might replace it with T-Wave or any coberture move like Grass Knot or Flamethrower, I'm not sure yet. However, I really like its bulk, and it being usefull pre-mega as a pivot is quite valuable too.

Any thoughts? Mega Gyarados can be really painful sometimes, and I also find difficult to switch into EQ users.

A Tapi Bulu could address the issues you mention with both Gyra & EQ. Not sure how it would fit in though.

Maybe Toxic over Ice Beam on Mega Bro?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi all!

I was trying to make a Porygon-Z + Mimikyu team since I really like the potential of both, so I came up with this team.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Glue to the team, offers really good defenses to switch into almost anything neutral and strike back with a pretty good coverage. Also checks most fairies.

Mimikyu @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Destiny Bond
- Swords Dance

One of the stars of the team. Lum berry is an amazing item since lots of oppoents are going to try to WoW or TWave it. Play Rough is for nuke and SS for revenge killing things that Porygon-Z couldn't 0HKO. Destiny Bond is helpful sometimes, but Mimikyu's speed isn't as awesome as Gengar's, so I might replace it for SClaw or WoW.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion
- Shadow Ball

I find Porygon-Z simply amazing. If the opponent doesn't kill it before setting up, it becomes really difficult to stop. 180 TBolts are no joke even for pokemon that resists the BoltBeam combo like Magnezone. Shadow Ball is for A-Wak, but sometimes I change it for Hyper Beam just in case I need to nuke something fast.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

Another glue pokemon, it is the most recent addition, mostly used to check fast mons and to switch into electric moves.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 SpA
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Sneak

I find Assault Vest A-Muk really great to check the tapus, which seems to be everywhere. Knock Off works wonders against switch ins and against Porygon2. Poison Jab instead of Gunk Shot because of accurancy and because of having a 50% chance of poison. Fire Blast + 84 SpA Evs allow it to 2HKO all Scizor builds and deal a huge amount of damage to other steel types that try to come into a Poison Jab. Shadow Sneak to have a second way of revenge killing, just in case I couldn't bring Mimikyu.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Finally, Slowbro is my check to physical attackers like Physical Mega Mence, Garchomp, M-Khanga or the now rare Talonflame. I'm not really into Calm Mind so I might replace it with T-Wave or any coberture move like Grass Knot or Flamethrower, I'm not sure yet. However, I really like its bulk, and it being usefull pre-mega as a pivot is quite valuable too.

Any thoughts? Mega Gyarados can be really painful sometimes, and I also find difficult to switch into EQ users.
Swap out Slowbro for Buzzwole, destroys Gyara and EQ users, and gives you something to beat Porygon2 with
Buzzwole @ Fightium Z / Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

You need All-Out Pummeling to OHKO Porygon2, otherwise AV is cool to be more bulky. Ice Punch disposes of Garchomp (and Mega Salamence if you predict it switching in or that they'll get greedy and Dragon Dance on your switchout).
Your Aegislash doesn't make sense to me. Sub + Lefties is best used on a Toxic set, you'd be much better off dropping Sub for Hidden Power Ice and perhaps Weakness Policy to improve your Mega Salamence matchup.

Your Mimikyu is best off running a Focus Sash. People are desperate to break the Disguise and opt for that over statusing it. Destiny Bond doesn't seem right to me, use Shadow Claw instead.

I'm trying to build a team around

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pheromosa @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Lunge
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Problem: They're just both power sweepers with next to no psynergy other than the psychic terrain saving Pheromosa from a few priority moves. Need some suggestions for the other 4 mons for Battle Spot Singles.

A Tapi Bulu could address the issues you mention with both Gyra & EQ. Not sure how it would fit in though.

Maybe Toxic over Ice Beam on Mega Bro?
I tried Tapu Bulu for some time instead of Chomp, the scarfed set with Wood Hammer/Horn Leech/Superpower/Mega Horn. It didn't work well, though, I didn't feel it had much coberture.

I wanted to try Toxic too, but I was thinking about adding it instead of Calm Mind, mostly to have a quick response to DD Mega Mence and SD Chomp. Do you think Calm Mind is worth keeping?

Swap out Slowbro for Buzzwole, destroys Gyara and EQ users, and gives you something to beat Porygon2 with
Buzzwole @ Fightium Z / Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

You need All-Out Pummeling to OHKO Porygon2, otherwise AV is cool to be more bulky. Ice Punch disposes of Garchomp (and Mega Salamence if you predict it switching in or that they'll get greedy and Dragon Dance on your switchout).
Your Aegislash doesn't make sense to me. Sub + Lefties is best used on a Toxic set, you'd be much better off dropping Sub for Hidden Power Ice and perhaps Weakness Policy to improve your Mega Salamence matchup.

Your Mimikyu is best off running a Focus Sash. People are desperate to break the Disguise and opt for that over statusing it. Destiny Bond doesn't seem right to me, use Shadow Claw instead.
I really like the Buzzwole idea. If I go for Assault Vest should take out it from A-Muk, but I think I could make it work with Figgy + Gluttony or with Black Sludge instead. I don't have a good Buzzwole, though, so it'll take some time until I get a decent one. Is Fightium that necessary? Knock Off from Muk already take care of Porygon2 pretty well.

About Aegislash, I use Sub to punish switch ins mostly. I tried WP in gen 6 and didn't convince me because an EQ usually kills it or makes it so frail it cannot stand another hit, and the sword has not enough speed for Autotomize to be worth IMO. However, HP Ice sounds interesting, or I could hatch a Quiet one with SSneak.

I like your Mimikyu recommendations, I'll change it. DB is not worth it, Mimikyu doesn't have enough speed. Shadow Claw will change my pairing against Steel, Poison and Fire type pokemon, which is nice. I'm not too convinced on Focus Sash, I have faced some trainers that always try to WoW me and non-SE moves 2HKO Mimikyu always, but I can give it a shot, thanks!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I really like the Buzzwole idea. If I go for Assault Vest should take out it from A-Muk, but I think I could make it work with Figgy + Gluttony or with Black Sludge instead. I don't have a good Buzzwole, though, so it'll take some time until I get a decent one. Is Fightium that necessary? Knock Off from Muk already take care of Porygon2 pretty well.

About Aegislash, I use Sub to punish switch ins mostly. I tried WP in gen 6 and didn't convince me because an EQ usually kills it or makes it so frail it cannot stand another hit, and the sword has not enough speed for Autotomize to be worth IMO. However, HP Ice sounds interesting, or I could hatch a Quiet one with SSneak.

I like your Mimikyu recommendations, I'll change it. DB is not worth it, Mimikyu doesn't have enough speed. Shadow Claw will change my pairing against Steel, Poison and Fire type pokemon, which is nice. I'm not too convinced on Focus Sash, I have faced some trainers that always try to WoW me and non-SE moves 2HKO Mimikyu always, but I can give it a shot, thanks!
If you want to keep AV on Muk then just use Fightium Z on Buzzwole (which is what I recommend).

Aegislash lives an Earthquake from Garchomp at full, and a +1 EQ from Mega Mence, and OHKOes back with unboosted HP Ice, so WP isn't necessary. It's just a really good item on Aegi. You could also use a Focus Sash on it as well if you don't want to use it on Mimikyu, it can come in clutch as it allows you to attack in Blade forme without having to King's Shield.

So I'm normally a 6v6 singles OU player but I've been having fun with battlespot lately on cartridge and I just built this team and would like some feedback. I have about a .500% record with it and it seems to perform well when I predict right. Any feedback and suggestions would be awesome

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252atk/4def/252spe
Nature: Jolly
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch

I built this team around Mega Metagross because it's just a great Pokémon. Super powerful, decent bulk, great coverage, and no set up required. I was originally running Hammer Arm over EQ but I changed it for Aegislash and Magnezone, plus it's nice not to have the speed drop. I miss hammer arm at times but for now EQ is working out

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248HP/136def/108Spd/16Spe
Nature: Impish
-Taunt
-Toxic
-Roost
-Foul Play

I use Mandibuzz as kind of my physical and blanket wall to some extent. Taunt shuts down set up sweepers and prevents Aegislash and Porygon2 from poisoning me letting me win those matchups. Foul Play takes care of most physical attackers. Toxic and Roost help me outstall other bulky Pokémon when paired with taunt. Rocky helmet is nice for residual damage. Mandibuzz can come in on EQs and Ghost type moves aimed at Mgross easily

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Terrian
EVs: 248HP/248Def/12Spe
Nature: Bold
-Surf
-Moonblast
-Calm Mind
-Aqua Ring

I love Tapu Fini, as a 6v6 singles players bulky waters are always a staple of my team. On BSS I wanted to bring one and Fini is a great Pokémon with a ton of options. Fini switches into predicted status moves, takes care of Ice Types that Mandibuzz and Garchomp (mainly Mamoswine which also bothers metagross) don't like and is just an incredibly bulky Pokémon in general. I try to use Fini as a wincon when all it's checks are gone by switching in, setting up an aqua ring and proceeding to calm mind. After a calm mind or two with the passive aqua ring and Leftovers recovery Fini becomes a powerful special attacker and a hard Pokémon to knock out

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab
-Dragon Claw
-Swords Dance

I try to lead with Garchomp and get a swords dance up as often as possible. He breaks through teams and is another wincon along with Tapu Fini and Mgross. He fits on pretty much every team and with a sash up he can lure and counter a lot of threats. Earthquake is the mandatory main STAB, Dragon Claw is my secondary STAB over outrage because I don't like being locked into a dragon type move especially with all these fairies running around, and Poison Jab is for the Tapus and other fairy types running around

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244HP/12Def/252Spa
Nature: Quiet
-Ice Beam
-Discharge
-Recover
-Shadow Ball

I've always wanted to use Porygon2 and it seemed to fit on this team. Shadow Ball so for Gengar, Aegislash, Mimikyu, Mgross, etc...Discharge and Shadow Ice Beam is classic bolt beam coverage and a paralysis chance with Discharge

EVs: 4Def/252Atk/252Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Flame Charge
-Multi-Attack
-Swords Dance
-Crunch

I saw this set here and thought it looked really fun and I wanted an electric type for Pelliper, Rain, and a Celesteela check. This Pokémon either does really well for me or absolutely nothing. I like it but I'm thinking about replacing it

Any feedback and help would be awesome! Thanks guys

So I'm normally a 6v6 singles OU player but I've been having fun with battlespot lately on cartridge and I just built this team and would like some feedback. I have about a .500% record with it and it seems to perform well when I predict right. Any feedback and suggestions would be awesome

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252atk/4def/252spe
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch

I built this team around Mega Metagross because it's just a great Pokémon. Super powerful, decent bulk, great coverage, and no set up required. I was originally running Hammer Arm over EQ but I changed it for Aegislash and Magnezone, plus it's nice not to have the speed drop. I miss hammer arm at times but for now EQ is working out

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248HP/136def/108Spd/16Spe
Nature: Impish
-Taunt
-Toxic
-Roost
-Foul Play

I use Mandibuzz as kind of my physical and blanket wall to some extent. Taunt shuts down set up sweepers and prevents Aegislash and Porygon2 from poisoning me letting me win those matchups. Foul Play takes care of most physical attackers. Toxic and Roost help me outstall other bulky Pokémon when paired with taunt. Rocky helmet is nice for residual damage. Mandibuzz can come in on EQs and Ghost type moves aimed at Mgross easily

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Terrian
EVs: 248HP/248Def/12Spe
Nature: Bold
-Surf
-Moonblast
-Calm Mind
-Aqua Ring

I love Tapu Fini, as a 6v6 singles players bulky waters are always a staple of my team. On BSS I wanted to bring one and Fini is a great Pokémon with a ton of options. Fini switches into predicted status moves, takes care of Ice Types that Mandibuzz and Garchomp (mainly Mamoswine which also bothers metagross) don't like and is just an incredibly bulky Pokémon in general. I try to use Fini as a wincon when all it's checks are gone by switching in, setting up an aqua ring and proceeding to calm mind. After a calm mind or two with the passive aqua ring and Leftovers recovery Fini becomes a powerful special attacker and a hard Pokémon to knock out

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab
-Dragon Claw
-Swords Dance

I try to lead with Garchomp and get a swords dance up as often as possible. He breaks through teams and is another wincon along with Tapu Fini and Mgross. He fits on pretty much every team and with a sash up he can lure and counter a lot of threats. Earthquake is the mandatory main STAB, Dragon Claw is my secondary STAB over outrage because I don't like being locked into a dragon type move especially with all these fairies running around, and Poison Jab is for the Tapus and other fairy types running around

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244HP/12Def/252Spa
Nature: Quiet
-Ice Beam
-Discharge
-Recover
-Shadow Ball

I've always wanted to use Porygon2 and it seemed to fit on this team. Shadow Ball so for Gengar, Aegislash, Mimikyu, Mgross, etc...Discharge and Shadow Ice Beam is classic bolt beam coverage and a paralysis chance with Discharge

EVs: 4Def/252Atk/252Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Flame Charge
-Multi-Attack
-Swords Dance
-Crunch

I saw this set here and thought it looked really fun and I wanted an electric type for Pelliper, Rain, and a Celesteela check. This Pokémon either does really well for me or absolutely nothing. I like it but I'm thinking about replacing it

Any feedback and help would be awesome! Thanks guys
Welcome to Battle Spot! Just a few things I'd like to point out on your team:

Aqua Ring is still pretty weird on Fini as a recovery option since you don't recover that much in total even combined with Leftovers. Z-Refresh and Z-Haze are other viable ways of healing, but I wouldn't recommend it myself because Haze screws you over (obviously), and Fini doesn't have much use for Refresh outside of the Z-move for it because of Misty Terrain. I would personally recommend something like Taunt or Substitute in that moveslot as they shut down slower, bulky mons who'd like to status you after Misty Terrain runs out, which can happen often since Fini really needs a few boosts to get going. Both of these moves also come in really handy against Celesteela to avoid Leech Seed recovery.

If you're running Quiet on your Porygon2 and not Modest, you'll want to make sure that it has 0 Speed IVs so that 0 Speed IV Aegislash has a chance to outspeed you, while you can retaliate back with Shadow Ball while it's in Blade Form.

As for your Silvally, you don't really need an answer for rain as you already have one in Fini. Celesteela is a problem for the majority of your team still, so I'd recommend a fire type like Arcanine to take it out. Choice Band is the preferred set to use here as your team lacks wallbreaking power at the moment. Here's the set I've used before if you're curious:

Arcanine @ Choice Band / Firium Z
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

You can tailor the EVs to what you want to make it survive or outspeed, this one just outspeeds Max speed Celesteela in particular.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)