1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. The moderators of this forum are cant say, Hulavuta, and DragonWhale.
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Battle Spot YouTube Streams & Replay Codes Thread

Discussion in 'Battle Spot' started by cant say, Nov 25, 2016.

1. cant say

cant say Banned juicer.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Global Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Battle Spot Leader

[insert banner here]

Welcome to the SuMo version of our Replay Thread! Just like the XY/ORAS version, post all* 3DS Battle Video codes and/or Pokemon Showdown! replays here. The difference this time though is that we'll also allow posting of YouTube and Twitch videos here as well. However, before advertising your own channel / videos here you will need to contact myself for approval first. Neglecting to do so will result in your post being deleted.

We want to see good replays! We don't care that your Shedinja swept because your opponent had nothing to hit it with. We want to see good battles / good teams or cores / clever movesets etc... The best replays will be added to the Archive below.

* Battle Spot formats only
    Ares and NOVED like this.
  2. cant say

cant say Banned juicer.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Global Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Battle Spot Leader

Replay Archive (WIP)
    3DS Battle Video Codes (open)
    none yet
    Pokemon Showdown! Replays (open)
    none yet
    YouTube and Twitch Streams (open)
    NOVED
    Show Hide
    GroudonEmpire
    Show Hide
    shadypenguinn
    Show Hide
    Japanese Videos
    Show Hide
    Anirav likes this.
  3. Theorymon

Theorymon Time to Jam to the Mania!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Might want to add this to the OP since its a bit unintuitive cant say : In order to upload your battle videos, you have to connect to the internet in the Festival Plaza, then go inside the castle and use the computer to view and upload your battle videos. You can't upload them from the Battle Video option on the menu!

Anyways, I got two battle videos for ya!

Battle 1: 79JW-WWWW-WWWX-QPZJ

From my side: Tapu Koko / Mimikyu / Celesteela vs Metagross / Hydreigon / Tapu Lele

This one vindicates a certain philosophy of mine :P

Battle 2: UCEW-WWWW-WWWX-QPPX

From my side: Celesteela / Marowak-Alola / Porygon2 vs Tapu Koko / Milotic / Scizor

This battle involves a clever set that really caught me off guard! Very interesting battle in general.
    BlakDragon, NixHex and MagikaripIsOP like this.
  4. cant say

cant say Banned juicer.
    Battle Spot Leader

updates from YouTube:

NOVED put out his first in-game stream!

The first battle is pretty funny tbh but he picks himself right back up and gets some good games in.

shadypenguinn uploaded lots of videos too:

He had some really funny battles actually, Bewear and Drampa came in so clutch in the last battle

I'll also add a lot more Japanese stuff to the archive later but I'm going to bed rn
  5. Theorymon

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Ok I'ma share two replays where I almost got my skull caved in by crazy stuff!

Battle 4: T9QW-WWWW-WWWX-T2RS

Celesteela / Marowak-A / Tapu Koko vs Ninetales-A / Toxapex / Celesteela

This was from a fairly low rated player, but there is one thing they use near the beginning that almost annihilates me!

Battle 5: CETG-WWWW-WWWX-TCTP

Mimikyu / Celesteela / Tapu Koko vs Mismagious / Eevee / Celesteela

I've shared this with others before, and man let me tell you: I severely underestimated Eevee!

BlakDragon likes this.
  6. NOVED

NOVED
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-494018261

This game was pretty intense, we were both 1600+ at the time, I was #3 on the ladder and he was #2. This was after I got knocked off the top spot from the night before so I was looking to take it back. Whoever won this game was gonna end up #1 and it really came down to the wire, definitely a fun watch imo. Our teams were also super similar as far as pokemon go, and I think this game showed how even the matchup was lol.
  7. 6tennis

6tennis

Alright, this time I'm actually going to stream. Will play some BSS on Showdown, could switch over to VGC later if I have time. Tune in on twitch.tv/6tennis!
  8. GroudonEmpire

GroudonEmpire

REPLAY CODE: W25G-WWWW-WWW3-XNQZ

This replay showcases what happens when a player runs out of "YOUR TIME". Clearly my opponent had the advantage and could have won the whole game played normally but for whatever reason they let timer run out and lost the game. The replay does not say who won but it indicates that the timer ran out.
    They clearly have 3 Pokemon remaining while I have less. I ended up winning.

My only reason in sharing this is to provide an actual instance of this mechanic taking full action from an actual game.
    Just skip to TURN 20 rather than watching whole battle (unless interested).

Also, channel uploads that haven't been posted here yet:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    cant say and MagikaripIsOP like this.
  9. LegoFigure11

LegoFigure11 :thinking:
    is a Community Contributor

GroudonEmpire, cant say and dogknees like this.
  10. NOVED

NOVED
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Probably gonna be streaming tomorrow and friday during EST mornings, around 10AM or so, maybe earlier maybe later. Check it out @ https://www.twitch.tv/novedtwitch if you want. Gonna stream BSS ofc and might chill out and do some battle tree after.

Also uploaded a couple new vids recently, check it out in my sig.
  11. storm

storm

Have a battle here with easily the most ridiculous amount of hax ive ever had in my life. Its a long one with 69 turns against a very high ranking player (think 1938 was his rank if remembering correctly):

KSLW-WWWW-WWW3-SXQB

My Pokemon: Gyarados/Porygon 2/ Mammoswine (gyarados being built specifically for gimmick BS like this)

His/Her pokemon: Glalie/Porygon 2/Salamence

Since its a really long battle id suggest fast forwarding to turn 56 when everything starts to come together but to summarize the previous turns he leads glalie and lead mammo (was expecting his koko which didnt come), I swap to gyarados to roar glalie who freeze dries roar sends in porygon 2 which responded with my mammo coming back in and taking out his P2 with fissure.

He then goes back to Glalie and im forced to go to P2 to trace moody as gyarados cannot take a second freeze dry and after a long strategic grind of me playing around protects and boosts to make all of my discharge count in breaking his subs and stalling out his subs and protects i get off a toxic at turn 56 only to be frozen the following turn and remain frozen for 10 consecutive turns while his salamence comes in and DDs on my +5-6 everything porygon 2 3 times who just needed to thaw out and get off a single attack to win. Mence lands a double edge on only his second attempt on my +6 evasion while i still remain frozen and takes out p2. I then sack gyarados to drop his health even more with double edge and go for ice shard on mamo for the win which then survives with what looks like literally one hp...

Needless to say after this match i honestly feel like never playing pokemon ever again and ive been playing for a very long time (look at join date...)
    ProjectTitan313 and GateCreeper like this.
  12. Solerme

Solerme Howling without the moon
    is an official Team Rater

The games are played between the score of 1700-1800:

EUXW-WWWW-WWW5-XX8V
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] vs [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I faced a pretty tough situation here, with Fini setting up on Espeon in the lead match up. I had to play from behind being patient and wait for a chance to come out.

TE6G-WWWW-WWW5-XXBJ
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] vs [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    For obvious reasons, Hippowdon is able to create serious psychological neurosis in every player that sees it in team preview. Since i have one, and my opponent had a Primarina, i knew that the lead matchup would've been in Espeon's favour.
    This game shows how Flame Charge CharY can sweep a whole team, specially behind the screens.

XB4W-WWWW-WWW5-XXCP
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] vs [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Playing the screens strategy can be either pretty good or just leave you in a 3v2 situation, where you are forced to play from behind and make hard reads. This game shows how frail this strategy is.

HX9W-WWWW-WWW5-XXM3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] vs [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This game shows how strong is the Hippowdon-Zard core.

88AW-WWWW-WWW5-XX0X
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] vs [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fast replay with more Hippo-CharY action, showing how a +1 CharY can be an absolute monster with Stealth Rock up.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    BlakDragon and MagikaripIsOP like this.
  13. NOVED

NOVED

Played around with a cool sand team with DragonWhale QR teams are pretty great

Solerme, cant say and DragonWhale like this.
  14. Theorymon

This battle spot special battle is fresh of the internet oven, I just had to share it cuz something crazy happened!

429W-WWWW-WWW5-5GLH

Cloyster / Mimikyu / Arceus vs Gengar / Kyogre / Ferrothorn

I don't want to spoil it, but lets just say that Arceus is more versatile than people give it credit for :D
    BlakDragon, MagikaripIsOP and Solerme like this.
  15. NOVED

NOVED

Got another vid up with DragonWhale
    This QR team was really interesting. It's a yakemon team, which is basically no speed(even on a mon like latios), no status, just all out into HP & offenses. There's this whole japanese community dedicated to this kind of strategy. DW goes into more detail in the vid, it's pretty interesting!

16. Hulavuta

Hulavuta Give me my longsword, ho
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Battle Spot Leader

Here is a really stupid game. It will make you laugh. Basically I just messed up and did the wrong thing but my opponent predicted me so I ended up getting rewarded for my clumsiness.

X3VW-WWWW-WWW5-8E8G

Live log of when it happened to read alongside the events (separated the good parts with spaces I guess):

Show Hide

#Hulavuta: i got zard out against a ferro
    #Hulavuta: do I dare swords dance
    LifeOrbNB: no balls
    #Hulavuta: wait Primarina is fairy right
    LifeOrbNB: y
    #Hulavuta: so it just completely hard walls zard?
    +average fella ͜͡: flare blitz it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @GateCreeper: if no tpunch yeah
    +Demantoid²: +2 flare blitz might kill
    #Hulavuta: oh it has low defense
    #Hulavuta: yeah
    jmal98-alt: it prolly takes a ton from blitz

#Hulavuta:
    this is good
    #Hulavuta: shit forgot to mega lol

#Hulavuta: LOL
    #Hulavuta: HE USED BULLDOZE
    #Hulavuta: I AM
    #Hulavuta: A FUCKING LEGEND
    @Psynergy: lol
    @GateCreeper: that's hilarious

#Hulavuta: ok does +1 Flare Blitz kill Gyarados
    +average fella ͜͡: rh defensive
    +average fella ͜͡: or mega
    +average fella ͜͡: wait
    #NOVED: the primarina bulldozed???
    +average fella ͜͡: you dont have dragon claw?
    #Hulavuta: no
    #Hulavuta: outrage
    +average fella ͜͡: no the ferrothorn
    +average fella ͜͡: ah
    #Hulavuta: hmm it did about 1/3
    #NOVED: o
    +Demantoid²: o_o
    #Hulavuta: I think Flare Blitz will kill
    #Hulavuta: DO I RISK
    +average fella ͜͡: +1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados-Mega: 194-228 (58.6 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    #NOVED: outrage
    #Hulavuta: ok
    #Hulavuta: HE SWITCHED
    #Hulavuta: FUCK YOU NOVED!!!
    #Hulavuta: I SHOULDA FLAREZLITZ
    #NOVED: to what?
    +average fella ͜͡: YOU GET UNLOCKED
    #Hulavuta: lol this is still a 2HKO
    +average fella ͜͡: DONT YOU GET UNLCOKED AFTER FIRST IMMUNITy
    #Hulavuta: to Ferro
    #NOVED: o
    #Hulavuta: this is funny
    #NOVED: you told me you killed the ferro
    #Hulavuta: no
    #Hulavuta: i SDed on Ferro

+average fella ͜͡: this is really high quality ghosting

#Hulavuta: it's ok I KOd ferro. Idk what kind of EVs those were
    #Hulavuta: yeah lol
    #NOVED: [22:02] #Hulavuta: ferro, its dead
    #Hulavuta: especially on Your Timer™
    #Hulavuta: I think his last is Marowak
    #Hulavuta: oh it's Celesteela

17. Demantoid

Demantoid [10:43:28] #Mishiimono)⊙﹏⊙✿( kills a dewgong

L2XW-WWWW-WWW5-ERBJ

I dare you to watch the whole thing.
    GreenGogoatttt, Solerme and Hulavuta like this.
  18. NOVED

NOVED

MagikaripIsOP, cant say and Solerme like this.
  19. NOVED

NOVED

LegoFigure11 and MagikaripIsOP like this.
  20. Mishimono

Mishimono

Been laddering a lot of BSD and I've been getting a lot of high rated players and good games so I thought I'd drop some replays

WNLW-WWWW-WWW6-FR3P Against 2nd in the world atm
    XUQW-WWWW-WWW6-FR48 Against 18th in the world atm
    ZVWG-WWWW-WWW6-FR4B Against 3rd in the world for overall, 1700 something in doubles
    EN9G-WWWW-WWW6-FR4P Against an 1800 player

Hope I get some more good games as I work my way to 1900.
  21. dogknees

dogknees

Going to post two of my replays!

A3VG-WWWW-WWW6-J6KV
    ^ My first ever BSS cart game! Closyter went to work here

X3SG-WWWW-WWW6-J6L7
    ^ An incredibly bad matchup for me. Breloom nearly walked over my team. Thankfully some incredibly nasty RNG on my opponent's side let me take the win!

Edit
    PNYG-WWWW-WWW6-JB5N
    ^ Incredibly tense game, see for yourself!
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    MagikaripIsOP likes this.
  22. Solerme

Solerme Howling without the moon
    is an official Team Rater

Turning a horrible match up into a bait.
    Featuring Primarina surviving an Electrium Z

T9LW-WWWW-WWW6-NJ4E
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ,[​IMG] [​IMG], [​IMG] [​IMG] Vs. [​IMG] [​IMG], [​IMG][​IMG], [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    MagikaripIsOP likes this.
  23. Jhon

Jhon Someday in the Rain
    is a Pre-Contributor

From the friendly, against Kanon.
    Using a team called (flex)(sand), I show off a nifty Gengar mode.

KN4G-WWWW-WWW7-2C7M (v1.2)
    ([​IMG][​IMG][​IMG])[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Vs [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]([​IMG][​IMG][​IMG])
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  24. GroudonEmpire

GroudonEmpire

From the friendly, vs an opponent vicious enough to slaughter cant say :

G8HW-WWWW-WWW7-XM4F

[​IMG]
    Fischgrat, Solerme, cant say and 2 others like this.
  25. cant say

cant say Banned juicer.
    Battle Spot Leader

I may have fallen to Groundium Z Chomp but at least I didn't fall for the memes:

D4HG-WWWW-WWW7-XRNX

[​IMG]
    Fischgrat and Solerme like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)