1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Battle Subway Baton Pass Team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Quistorvus, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Quistorvus

Quistorvus

Hello. I have created a Baton Pass team for Battle Subway which I would like to have reviewed. Here it is:

Ninjask @ Leftovers
    -Bold Nature
    -248 HP, 224 Defense, 36 Speed
    -Ability: Speed Boost
    -Substitute
    -Swords Dance
    -Baton Pass
    -Toxic

This one is of course my Baton Passer. I usually start with a Substitute whereafter I use Swords Dance if the circumstances allow it (the opponent using a status move). If the opponent feels like setting up alongside my Ninjask, I use Toxic to stall it out. The main Pokémon I Baton Pass to is my Scrafty. However Electivire is also an option if I sense an electric attack coming.

Scrafty @ Life Orb
    -Jolly Nature
    -4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
    -Ability: Moxie
    -Crunch
    -Ice Punch
    -Dragon Dance
    -Drain Punch

My main sweeper. It hits most things with either neutral or super effective damage while making use of its great STAB's. Drain Punch is to make sure it can take more hits. Moxie makes sure every succeeding knockout makes my Scrafty stronger so that the opponent's chances for survival decreases every time. The only problem is if the opponent has Focus Sash or Sturdy and is strong enough to OHKO Scrafty. Dragon Dance is a leftover from the time I used it as my lead, but nonetheless serves as an emergency move if my Ninjask fails.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    -Adamant Nature
    -32 HP, 252 Attack, 224 Speed
    -Ability: Motor Drive
    -Wild Charge
    -Ice Punch
    -Cross Chop
    -Earthquake

One of Ninjask's weaknesses is electric, which is why I use my Electivire to get a free boost and to switch in safely. It has a great coverage albeit it doesn't live that long thanks to Wild Charge. It doesn't see much use because of Scrafty. It is however effective against flying types, which is also a factor in sending it onto the battle field. I have considered replacing it with Rhyperior or Metagross to better get around Scrafty's shortcomings since they are effective against flying, rock, electric (in one case resistant) and in Rhyperior's case fire. Those are the types most likely to hit Ninjask.

My team's overall weaknesses:
    -Priority attacks: If they knock out my Ninjask, my team falls apart if I can't get some Dragon Dances in. Furthermore if the opponent has Prankster, my Ninjask gets stalled out of the game.
    -Phazers: Whirlwind, Roar, Dragon Tail nullifies any stat changes I have made, crushing my strategy.

Thanks in advance :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)