Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepting Engineer's battle. Can we evolve mid-battle if they are 1st stage going to second, but not the final evolution (eg. pichu to pikachu)?
Switch=lol, no items, all abilities

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Open Challenge:

4 vs. 4 Doubles
2-day player/ref DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Rules: no fully-evolved Pokemon. Middle, basic, and baby forms are all acceptable.

Arena: Old Bomb Factory - A dilapidated, old factory that used to make bombs for some war. No one ended up using the bombs, so they were instead piled floor-to-ceiling and left to rot. They are very old, fragile, and most importantly, active. Unfortunately, our competitors will be battling in a small, cleared-out area of the factory surrounded by these bombs. Any missed physical attacks have a 75% chance of striking a bomb, causing it to explode and doing 10 damage to the attacker. Any missed special attacks have a 75% chance to explode 2-5 bombs behind the opposing team for 2 damage apiece on both opposing Pokemon. Any missed status moves have a 50% chance of defusing all the bombs behind the opponent's team. Any multi-target moves like Rock Slide, Earthquake, and Blizzard have a 20% chance of setting off all the bombs in the Factory, doing 25 damage to all Pokemon on the field.

Other than that, the roof has collapsed over the years, so sky-based attacks like Moonlight, Thunderbolt, and Sky Drop can still be used to their full potential. The four walls of the factory are far away, meaning the only horizontal impediments will be the walls of bombs surrounding the 20'x20' battlefield. Don't sprint or get thrown too fast in any direction, or you may hit a bomb (ref's discretion)!

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looking for another battle...

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Recovers/Chills
LC ELIGIBLE MONS ONLY

Arena: Smoke Factory
This factory manufactures a strange substance: poisonous smoke. This smog is present all over the arena, making it quite hard to see for Pokemon that don't have evolutionary traits that allow them to see; this results in a 15% (flat) reduction in accuracy for Pokemon that are unable to see, regardless of distance. Because this smoke is poisonous, all Pokemon that are not Poison or Steel-typed have a 25% chance to become badly poisoned at the end of each round.
=================================================
In addition, it would be nice if someone reffed the battle between AlphaJolt and I (acceptance post #2801)

Needing a battle!

3v3 Singles
5 day DQ
No Recovers / 5 Chills per Pokemon
Other: basic stage Pokemon only (no single-stages)

Arena: Your choice.

Challlenging ToastTyrant13
3v3 singles
3 Day DQ
Arena:

Dust Bowl
Once a prosporous town, now a desert with almost no life at all. There are little buildings that still can reach the top of the sand. These include, a high school, where the only entrance is a trapdoor; a water tower which is halfway sunken into the sand; and several homes where only the roofs are visible. The interiors of all of these buildings remain intact, but they are filled with sand. At the basement of the school, an unknown pokemon lurks as well as in the water tower. The arena itself is two square miles in diameter, with high dunes on the edges. The local pokemon include rattata, raticate, trapinch, vibrava, barboach in estivation, baltoy, and various ghost pokemon in the interiors of the buildings. A constant sandstorm is raging, but pokemon can take shelter in the abandoned buildings. An intense sandstorm will take place in rounds 3-8 and 11-30, so the pokemon will have to take shelter unless they would like to take 12 damage every action, regardless of typing. The sand is diggable, but there is an entire town under it, so be aware of that. The water tower has some water in it, but is contaminated, and stagment, so attacks such as surf would also leave the opponent badly poisoned, but can only be used once. There are streetlamps, cars, and other objects under the sand, so a pokemon with magnet pull could pull them up and toss them at the opponent. Any weather moves will be cancelled out by the sandstorms. The arena is in the shape of a mild conical pit.
Finally got my registration approved! So...I ACCEPT!

I'll go with everything proposed. Also....
Switch Out = KO
Only First stage or single stage 'mons.

So, any refs please? :).
Ref plz

Looking for another battle...

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Recovers/Chills
LC ELIGIBLE MONS ONLY

Arena: Smoke Factory
This factory manufactures a strange substance: poisonous smoke. This smog is present all over the arena, making it quite hard to see for Pokemon that don't have evolutionary traits that allow them to see; this results in a 15% (flat) reduction in accuracy for Pokemon that are unable to see, regardless of distance. Because this smoke is poisonous, all Pokemon that are not Poison or Steel-typed have a 25% chance to become badly poisoned at the end of each round.
=================================================
In addition, it would be nice if someone reffed the battle between AlphaJolt and I (acceptance post #2801)
Accepting, as long as Yanma counts as LC-legal.

No items
Switch=hahahaha
All abilities

EDIT: I'll also ref your match vs. AlphaJolt. PM me teams.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Needing a battle!

3v3 Singles
5 day DQ
No Recovers / 5 Chills per Pokemon
Other: basic stage Pokemon only (no single-stages)

Arena: Your choice.
Accepted if you lower the DQ time to 3 days.

Abilities: 1
Switch = KO
Items = None ever

Arena: A grassy plain. There is a deep pond in the middle. There are no rocks on the plain.

We need a ref!

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
dear lord so many battles without refs...

I will ref this one:

iss said:
Accepted if you lower the DQ time to 3 days.

Abilities: 1
Switch = KO
Items = None ever

Arena: A grassy plain. There is a deep pond in the middle. There are no rocks on the plain.

We need a ref!
and this one:

Albinoloon said:
Challlenging ToastTyrant13
3v3 singles
3 Day DQ
Arena:

Dust Bowl
Once a prosporous town, now a desert with almost no life at all. There are little buildings that still can reach the top of the sand. These include, a high school, where the only entrance is a trapdoor; a water tower which is halfway sunken into the sand; and several homes where only the roofs are visible. The interiors of all of these buildings remain intact, but they are filled with sand. At the basement of the school, an unknown pokemon lurks as well as in the water tower. The arena itself is two square miles in diameter, with high dunes on the edges. The local pokemon include rattata, raticate, trapinch, vibrava, barboach in estivation, baltoy, and various ghost pokemon in the interiors of the buildings. A constant sandstorm is raging, but pokemon can take shelter in the abandoned buildings. An intense sandstorm will take place in rounds 3-8 and 11-30, so the pokemon will have to take shelter unless they would like to take 12 damage every action, regardless of typing. The sand is diggable, but there is an entire town under it, so be aware of that. The water tower has some water in it, but is contaminated, and stagment, so attacks such as surf would also leave the opponent badly poisoned, but can only be used once. There are streetlamps, cars, and other objects under the sand, so a pokemon with magnet pull could pull them up and toss them at the opponent. Any weather moves will be cancelled out by the sandstorms. The arena is in the shape of a mild conical pit.
PM teams.

Also if anyone would want to ref my battle against Korski (see above). I'd highly appreciate it.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Alright I challenge shadowbone66 to a REMATCH!!!!

1v1 Singles
3 Day DQ
Arena:
The Outback

This is the outback. I don't have much to say other than this:

It is the Australian Outback. There are cactuses (or is it cacti?), plenty of soil to dig into and Sunny Day is always in effect. There is a slight chance that a Sandstorm will occur (40% chance), and when it does, it lasts for a furious 5 Rounds. Water Types do not thrive in these conditions, thus have a 5% chance that their attacks fail (Water type moves, that is). Ice Types are even less suited, so they have a 10% that their attacks fail (Ice type moves, that is). Water and Ice type attacks are nerfed by 1 Damage in this arena as well. Grass and Fire types thrive, so they get a 1 Damage boost to each of their respective attacks (which does not stack). Ground and Rock types receive 1 less Damage (this does not stack) in these conditions.
Cacneas, Cacturnes, Maractus's, and Kangaskhan all live in this arena. Each time a battling Pokemon get's hit, they may have a random chance encounter with one of each of these Pokemon (10% Cacnea, 5% Maractus, 3% Cacturne, and 3% Kangaskhan). These Desert Pokemon will use, Absorb, Giga Drain (Cacturne), Mega Drain (Maractus), and Drain Punch, respectively.

(Don't these rules look like the rules to my ASB battle with Flora? OF COURSE THEY DO!!!)

Open Challenge, Beginner battle
1v1 Singles
no Recovers/ 5 Chills
Arena: Just an open field with nothing in it but grass. The ground is perfectly diggable but there isn't any water source for full powered surfs.

Just send 1 pokemon to the ref please!

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Open Challenge, Beginner battle
1v1 Singles
no Recovers/ 5 Chills
Arena: Just an open field with nothing in it but grass. The ground is perfectly diggable but there isn't any water source for full powered surfs.

Just send 1 pokemon to the ref please!
Got this.

Switch=Wrong
No Items
No Abilities

Ref needed thanks.

Okay, so it seems that Woobly Cabbage has dropped off the face of the internet, so I'm going to try something rather... Stupid, really.

I CHALLENGE DECK KNIGHT!

2v2 Singles
3 Day DQ
1 Recovery/ 3 Chills
Arena; Sky Tower Top
Open-air. About 50 metres by 80 metres of boulder-littered space. Weather changes erratically every 3 Rounds between Sunshine, Rain and Clear Skies. Earthquake and Magnitude are ill-advised, due to the age of the structure. Dig is impossible. And don't worry about falling; Altaria are flying around 4 stories down, to catch any pokemon that fall and put the back on the top floor.

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
Alright I challenge shadowbone66 to a REMATCH!!!!

1v1 Singles
3 Day DQ
Arena:
The Outback

This is the outback. I don't have much to say other than this:

It is the Australian Outback. There are cactuses (or is it cacti?), plenty of soil to dig into and Sunny Day is always in effect. There is a slight chance that a Sandstorm will occur (40% chance), and when it does, it lasts for a furious 5 Rounds. Water Types do not thrive in these conditions, thus have a 5% chance that their attacks fail (Water type moves, that is). Ice Types are even less suited, so they have a 10% that their attacks fail (Ice type moves, that is). Water and Ice type attacks are nerfed by 1 Damage in this arena as well. Grass and Fire types thrive, so they get a 1 Damage boost to each of their respective attacks (which does not stack). Ground and Rock types receive 1 less Damage (this does not stack) in these conditions.
Cacneas, Cacturnes, Maractus's, and Kangaskhan all live in this arena. Each time a battling Pokemon get's hit, they may have a random chance encounter with one of each of these Pokemon (10% Cacnea, 5% Maractus, 3% Cacturne, and 3% Kangaskhan). These Desert Pokemon will use, Absorb, Giga Drain (Cacturne), Mega Drain (Maractus), and Drain Punch, respectively.

(Don't these rules look like the rules to my ASB battle with Flora? OF COURSE THEY DO!!!)
BRANG ET, BOSH.

Switch = HOW TRULZY.
Items = Popple
Abilities = All

Dropping my match with shadowbone66 to issue an Open Challenge.

4 vs 4 Doubles
1 Day DQ (Players)/3 Day DQ (Ref)
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Bounce House
A open-topped house with very springy walls and floor. Pokemon may bounce off these walls, but attacks (outside of punching and kicking moves) cannot. The castle absorbs impact, is off the ground, and has no nearby source of water, disallowing Earthquake, Magnitude, Dig, and Surf. Weather is fine since the roof is open. Any time an attack misses it inflicts 1 Damage Counter to the Bounce House; when it reaches 3 Damage Counters, the house will pop and deflate, reducing the Speed and Accuracy of all Pokemon by a flat 10%. The only exceptions to this are pure Ghost-types and the Gastly line, who can move through walls and retain full freedom of mobility and accuracy. If a sharp attack (e.g., Stone Edge, Twineedle) misses, the Bounce House deflates instantly. The Bounce House will be repaired and reinflated two rounds after it is popped.
SPECIAL RULE: Only Pokemon allowed in Middle Cup (2nd stage in a 3-stage evolutionary line) may be used, since it's a safety hazard for Basic Pokemon and fully evolved Pokemon are too large.

Dropping my match with shadowbone66 to issue an Open Challenge.

4 vs 4 Doubles
1 Day DQ (Players)/3 Day DQ (Ref)
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Bounce House
A open-topped house with very springy walls and floor. Pokemon may bounce off these walls, but attacks (outside of punching and kicking moves) cannot. The castle absorbs impact, is off the ground, and has no nearby source of water, disallowing Earthquake, Magnitude, Dig, and Surf. Weather is fine since the roof is open. Any time an attack misses it inflicts 1 Damage Counter to the Bounce House; when it reaches 3 Damage Counters, the house will pop and deflate, reducing the Speed and Accuracy of all Pokemon by a flat 10%. The only exceptions to this are pure Ghost-types and the Gastly line, who can move through walls and retain full freedom of mobility and accuracy. If a sharp attack (e.g., Stone Edge, Twineedle) misses, the Bounce House deflates instantly. The Bounce House will be repaired and reinflated two rounds after it is popped.
SPECIAL RULE: Only Pokemon allowed in Middle Cup (2nd stage in a 3-stage evolutionary line) may be used, since it's a safety hazard for Basic Pokemon and fully evolved Pokemon are too large.
accepting!

lf 2v2 dubs

beginner battle eh?
1 day dq (players) 3 day dq (ref)
no recoveries/chills

I'm going to be away starting monday for a week or two so...

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
<iss> anyone up for a beginner match
<shadowbone66> What's the criteria again?
<dogfish44> I would, but I'm no longer a beginner
<dogfish44> ;_;
<shadowbone66> If it's unevolved, I'll use my Scratchet.
<iss> uh
<iss> one sec
<iss> 1. Pokemon must be able to evolve
<iss> 2. Pokemon with 4 rarity cannot be used.
<iss> 3. Rarity Cost of Pokemon on one side of the field cannot exceed # of Pokemon + 3
<iss> 4. 1 Rarity is added to the rarity of a 2nd stage Pokemon in a 3 stage line.
<iss> 5. A Pokemon with full EC or full DC cannot be used in a Beginner Battle.
<shadowbone66> Fair enough.
<shadowbone66> 1-1 Singles?
<dogfish44> rats, I can't smash you with Woobat
<iss> sure
* Quagsires (~Quagsires@synIRC-99A504FD.hsd1.ga.comcast.net) has joined #capasb
<shadowbone66> Sweet.
<shadowbone66> You want the field?
<iss> nah
<shadowbone66> Sweeter. :3
<shadowbone66> Anybody care to ref?
<iss> i have the boringest arenas
<iss> why do i keep thinking dogfish is a ref :3
<shadowbone66> a battle in APERTURE SCIENCE?????
<iss> 9.9 ok

tl;dr:

Beginner Battle
1v1
Singles
1 recover / 3 chills
DQ: 2 days

send one mon to the ref

v. shadowbone66

he picks arena

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
Waitfail XD

Switch = HELL YEAH
Items = Popple
Abilities = All

Yup, we're going to Think With Portals in this battle.

GLaDOS has decided to let two trainers inside the Testing Facility in order to test the effects of Pokemon on various Aperture Science products.
The room is 50*50*50.
There are two intersecting lines if Propulsion Gel lining the center the the room, with Repulsion Gel at each end.
Aerial Faith Plates are scattered throughout the room, except they have been cunningly redesigned to mimic normal panels. If a Pokemon steps on one, they will be suddenly flung through the air.(5% chance of panel being AFP)
Ever since the events of Portal 2, the Facility has been in an...unstable condition. Therefore, GLaDOS wants to prevent too much damage to the structure. If the ref and/or GLaDOS deems that the line has been crossed, (which could happen fairly easily, as the panels that make up the room are fairly fragile) then the offending Pokemon gets a small burst of Deadly Neurotoxin. This works like Badly Poison, except it gets its own counter.
The computer could also set up a few turrets to attack the Pokemon at the end of each round, in random positions. (15% setting up 1 turret, 10% setting up 2 turrets, 5% chance setting up 3 turrets)
Turret

Type: Steel

Ability: None

Stats:

HP: 35
Attack: Rank 3
Defense: Rank 2
Special Attack: Rank 3
Special Defense: Rank 2
Speed: 75

Attacks:
Rapid Fire(Steel, Multi-hit, 3 Base Power per hit, Physical, No Contact; a quick stream of bullets is expounded at foe)
Note: Turrets can only attack when opponent is in front of them. Turrets are also quite light.

Yup. Complicated battlefield, I know. Hope I can find an opponent, let alone someone crazy enough to ref this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)