Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright i have open battle slots, MUST FIX!!

Open 4v4 Beginner Doubles
1 day DQ/36 hour Ref DQ
3 Recovers/infinite Chills
standard ASB arena unless challanger or ref has an arena they really want to do
I'll accept this Challenge, just as soon as my newest addition to my pokemon pool is accepted in the Reward Thread.

Switch=OK
No Items
All Abilities

Will ref DFrog and Metal Bagon, PM teams.

Also, more Triples!

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ/3 Days Ref
2 Recovery/3 Chill per Pokemon
Arena: Accepter's Choice

First Stage Only preferred, though not required.

Gotta get them counters!

Will ref DFrog and Metal Bagon, PM teams.

Also, more Triples!

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ/3 Days Ref
2 Recovery/3 Chill per Pokemon
Arena: Accepter's Choice

First Stage Only preferred, though not required.

Gotta get them counters!
I'll battle you Icebug :D

Switch = Creeper
Items = Off
One Ability

I'll edit with the arena later.

E: Sorry SimonSays...

I'll take you on, Icebug.
Switch = KO (You know, because it could happen, during a 3v3 Triples)
No items
All Abilities

Arena; Forest without Consequence.
Fairly neutral area, about 15 foot tall trees creating a tranquil green canopy. Open clearing inbetween the trainers, with a 10 foot deep lake about 50 feet from the center of the clearing. All moves are usable, and the trees themselves are unbreakable. Simple, shaded. Great for an obligatory nap afterwards. =]

EDIT: Ninja'd. Knew I should have posted sooner...

If everyone's going to ignore my All-Kario Match, I'll drop the All-Kario match for my own Temporal match!
Taking details from here (1st quote). If impossible:
Y'know what, special challenge time.

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Ah, Milliway's, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. A fantastic place, where you can buy anything to eat you want, at any price thanks to the magic of millions of years of interest and the amazing powers of Bistromathics. As you enjoy whatever three-course-meal floats your boat, you notice a rival a few tables across. The end of the universe spectacle isn't going to be for another hour, so why not enjoy a small Pokemon fight?

Of course, it seems you've committed the ultimate blunder in the Restaurant-you've managed to meet yourself, both a past copy and a future copy. You remember your embarrassment at seeing your other two selves for the first time. And now you're back, this time as your current copy. You can feel the raw embarrassment radiating from your future copy, who has just arrived a third time at the same general area.

Your rival appears to be in the exact same predicament-his future and past selves have arrived at the same general area as well.

There's a Pokemon arena conveniently unused in this copy of the universe...and you can distinctly remember having a Pokemon battle there with your rival when you were younger. Your future self seems to have long anticipated this.

"9v9" Triples, technically 3v3 Triples with three iterations of each mon.
3 days DQ
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each mon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Use the search function if you can't find it.
-Your present self will send out the current version of your mon.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.
This is an open challenge, why is everyone ignoring me?

Because it is an essay in battle description form. Please be reasonable; no one wants to battle on something that insane, and even if you did get an opponent, you'd never get a ref for it.

QuantumDerpy(Hooves)(Get it? LOL), I would accept your ocean Challenge, but the pokemon I plan to use are evolved, one of which has full EC and both of which have full DC. Would that be OK with you, or would you please make the match 1 VS 1 singles?
If you approve of my conditions:
One Ability
No items

If you'd change the arena to something Thrilling not Boring (not too simple, you know), I'd accept. Also, since the Pokemon I plan to use are weak to some of the Pokemon's moves on your team, I'd rather make this battle 2 VS 2 doubles instead, OK?
If you agree ask for a ref:
One ability
No Items
EDIT: Don't you:
Chooses Disqualification (DQ) Time
Chooses Restricted Moves

If you'd change the arena to something Thrilling not Boring (not too simple, you know), I'd accept. Also, since the Pokemon I plan to use are weak to some of the Pokemon's moves on your team, I'd rather make this battle 2 VS 2 doubles instead, OK?
If you agree ask for a ref:
One ability
No Items
Sure, you can choose the arena I don't mind.

I cannot decide, so your choice between:
Arena: Park of Imagination
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: NO MOVES!
A grassy park with a pond in the middle. Pokemon cannot use any moves at all. Instead, before each round begins, several random objects will appear (the ref decides how many, what they are and their effects - they can be literally anything so go nuts) and pokemon must use these objects to do anything.
or The Dojo of Puddles
Field Type- Water/Fighting
Complexity- Moderate
Format- Singles, Doubles
Restrictions- No seismic activity, No digging, No weather, Low ceiling, Artificial arena
Dojo of the Puddles: to train his apprentices further, the grandmaster decided to have this special Dojo built, in hopes of teaching his students the ability to stand your ground (literally). In the heart of the new building lies the Arena of the Puddles, and although it sounds self-explanatory, there’s more to it. The battling area is two hundred feet wide and long and is square shaped, with the ceiling twenty feet above. The floor is pale brown tile, and the walls are wooden. To make the area fir its name the floor has a five inch layer of water covering it, making the whole arena a huge puddle. Also to add to the strain and to make the battlers concentrate the Grandmaster added water sprayers to add more water and soak the pokemon as the match goes on. The water level will never exceed one foot though. Summary: No earthquake or dig, no weather moves. Flying will not work very well because the ceiling only goes up twenty feet. There is water on the ground at all times, so water attacks gain 2BP and fire attack lose 2BP. Also since this is a dojo fighting pokemon feel at home and their attack gain 2BP as well. Water will be spraying at all times, though the water level will never exceed one foot. (credit goes to Glacier Knight for this arena)

If you don't choose the latter, I'd suggest Objection should be the referee, after all, he created the Park of Imagination.

Challenging Chocolate-Kipp

2v2 Singles
3 Day DQ
Infinite chills/recoveries

Arena: Swampee Gorj
An abandoned city, Swampee Gorj was evacuated due to a large-scale flood which submerged the town. Now, however, most of the water has drained, creating a swamp-like landscape with the rubble of the past buildings. The arena is 50x60 feet, in the shape of a circle. There are various mud pits, and each opponent has a 5% chance of falling into one and becoming immobile for 2 actions. There aren’t any wild pokemon whatsoever- even ghost types. Surf can be used but will be calculated as a 9BP Grass-type attack. Earthquake and Earth Power are usable, but will cause collateral damage to the area. Dig can be used, but at the risk of the hole being flooded.

OK, now my stuff's been approved and my team is ready to kick ass. I am going to issue three challenges.

Warning: I will be using fully evolved mons in these challenges. If you see a mon that's one counter away from becoming fully evolved, I may evolve it at the start of the battle.

Challenge #1:

4v4 doubles
No move restrictions whatsoever
3 day DQ time for players, 7 day DQ time for ref (but I will start pestering after 3 days)
Arena: Wind Zone
A 100ft-by-80ft rectangular grassy arena surrounded by a mesh fence. It's open-air so weather can be used. There is a pond in the middle of the arena that can act as an external water source. Dig and seismic moves can be used without any problem.

In every odd-numbered round, wind will blow through the fence on Objection's end of the arena, subjecting his team to Tailwind. In every even-numbered round, wind will blow through the fence on the challenger's end of the arena, subjecting their team to Tailwind. The move Tailwind does stack with this.

Challenge #2 (for Dogfish44):

2v2 doubles
Maximum 3 seismic moves, no weather, no SolarBeam/Thunder (as per arena description)
3 day DQ time for players, 7 day DQ time for ref (but I will start pestering after 3 days)
Arena: Protegas' Sanctuary (with one twist):
A 50ft-by-50ft stone temple for the relatively unknown deity Protegas that provides protection to those who seek it. The room is lit by torches that provide ample light. There is a fountain in one of the walls that provides a water source for moves like Surf. The arena is set indoors so weather moves, SolarBeam and Thunder cannot be used. Despite being ancient, the temple still has a relatively strong structure that allows seismic moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze and Magnitude to be used up to 3 times in total (not 3 times each though). The floor can be dug through as well but, because it is made of stone, the energy cost for Dig is increased by 2 for pokemon that aren't rock- or ground-type. Over the centuries, some plant life has broken through the floor, allowing non-grass-types to use moves like Grass Knot.

At the beginning of every round, Protegas will protect any pokemon he feels is being ganged up on. A pokemon is considered to be ganged up on if it is targeted by:
  • At least four enemy single-target moves
  • Three enemy single-target moves and at least two enemy multi-target moves
  • Two enemy single-target moves and four enemy multi-target moves
  • Six enemy moves, whether they are single-target, multi-target or a combination of the two
Note: this is done by the commands issued and stuff like Encore and Disable changing a pokemon's moves will not affect this, but substitutions will. Substitutions cannot be made based on whether or not an opponent's pokemon gets the barrier.

Any pokemon that meets any of those criteria will be given a protective barrier for that round. The barrier is treated as a 20 HP typeless pokemon with the same rank defences as the pokemon it is protecting. The barrier protects the pokemon from all effects of enemy attacks and will disappear once it runs out of HP, is hit by two enemy non-damaging moves or at the end of the round, whichever comes first. The barrier will not protect from any spillover damage (so an attack that does 25 damage will destroy the barrier and do 5 damage to the target). The barrier will not protect a pokemon from allied attacks that hit it, nor will it be affected by allied attacks. A last pokemon standing will always receive Protegas' barrier at the start of a round except in a 1v1 matchup.

For this battle only, some hooligans have defaced this place, leaving behind an oven, a washing machine, a lawnmower, a fan and a fridge.

Challenge #3:

3v3 triples
No moves that require an external water source (as per arena description)
Arena: Jungle Bash

A jungle-themed arena. There's no external water source for moves like Surf, but everything else is allowed (including weather, Dig and Earthquake).

At the end of each round, 5 items will spawn. Each item has a 70% chance of being a stone box, a 10% chance of being a TNT box, a 10% chance of being a Nitro box and a 10% chance of being a Wumpa fruit. The effects are as follows:
  • Stone box: Can be picked up and thrown at opponents. This is treated as a charge-up attack that costs 7 energy and can be disrupted by multi-hit moves. Picking up the box has a priority of 1 and throwing it has a priority of -1. If successful, the box does 25 damage to the target. Alternatively, the box can be kicked into opponents (takes an action and 5 energy). This will do 10 damage to the target.
  • TNT box: This can be picked up and thrown in the same way as the stone box, except it costs 8 energy and does 50 damage to the target and, if the throw is disrupted by a multi-hit move, the TNT box explodes and the holder takes 30 damage. Unlike the stone box, kicking the TNT box will make it explode and deal 30 damage to the kicker.
  • Nitro box: Just avoid these. Touching them in any way will do 30 damage to the pokemon. Of course, you can try pushing your opponents into a Nitro box.
  • Wumpa fruit: Can be picked up (takes an action and 6 energy) and eaten (takes another action and another 6 energy). The pokemon restores 25 HP and 10 energy and the last status effect it acquired is removed.

Challenging Chocolate-Kipp

2v2 Singles
3 Day DQ
Infinite chills/recoveries

Arena: Swampee Gorj
An abandoned city, Swampee Gorj was evacuated due to a large-scale flood which submerged the town. Now, however, most of the water has drained, creating a swamp-like landscape with the rubble of the past buildings. The arena is 50x60 feet, in the shape of a circle. There are various mud pits, and each opponent has a 5% chance of falling into one and becoming immobile for 2 actions. There aren’t any wild pokemon whatsoever- even ghost types. Surf can be used but will be calculated as a 9BP Grass-type attack. Earthquake and Earth Power are usable, but will cause collateral damage to the area. Dig can be used, but at the risk of the hole being flooded.
nifty
I accept your challenge!

switch = KO
all abilities
no items

Issuing two challenges here

3v3 doubles
2 Day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
ASB Arena
Rules: Must use unevolved pokes that can evolve

AND

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Ref Chosen Arena
Rules: No Fully Evolved pokes. Middle stages are fine

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will ref:
Originally Posted by Fat Dogfish44
Accepting Objection! (Challenge #2)

Switch = OK
All Abilities
Items Disabled
Originally Posted by Fat Ragnarokalex
hey travel ill accept your first challenge

lets be wierd today:
Switch=OK
One Ability
no items
Originally Posted by Fat danmantincan
I will take TravelLog's second challenge and Objection's third challenge.

Switch = N/A
Items = No
Abilities = All

for both.
PM STORM.

Originally Posted by Fat Metal Bagon
Seeking a Sub-Ref for this battle. A quick ref would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Yeah still need one I will beg on my hands and knees for anyone to sub-ref this!
PS: My string shot whip does work so you basically only need the calc's for 2 turns!
Still on my hands and knee's begging, just begging *tears well in eyes*. PleasePleasePleasePleasePlease--------Please!!!! someone sub-ref. The ref hasn't posted in almost a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)