Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge!
3v3 singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills


Final Destination: That's right, a battle at Final Dest. Just like in Brawl, if you get to far away from the stage, you get instantly KOd. Also, no weather can be created, as we're in space (I think). There's no water, and the battlefield is too hard to dig through, but it can stand up to Earthquake.
 

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright, I'm looking for a Beginner Battle:
3v3
Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
2 Recovery moves, 5 Chills per pokemon
Arena: Aperture Sciences Laboratory. It's basically an empty room with an orange portal on one side (on the floor) and a blue portal on the other side of the room (also on the floor). A cake is sitting on a table in the middle of the room.
No weather can be created, as it's inside and GLADOS won't truck with no hail inside. However, the floor can be dug through and the building won't collapse if you use Earthquake.
The cake may fall off the table though :/

Oh, and there are also some indestructible companion cubes lying around.
 
Open Challenge!
3v3 singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills


Final Destination: That's right, a battle at Final Dest. Just like in Brawl, if you get to far away from the stage, you get instantly KOd. Also, no weather can be created, as we're in space (I think). There's no water, and the battlefield is too hard to dig through, but it can stand up to Earthquake.
I'll take this. Switch=lol, no items, all abilities. Little and Middle cup mons.
 
Open Challenge
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
1 Recovery/3 Chills
Arena: Warehouse 51- A very large government storehouse full of crates (think the end of Indiana Jones). It's a mystery as to what are inside the crates, some say tax documents, some say the Ark of the Covenant, and some say alien bodies. A few of the guards have snuck in and pushed the crates around to make a rectangular space for Pokemon battles. They say it's okay if any of the crates get broken open as long as the trainers help clean up after the match (in other words, the crates can be opened to reveal an object/item/nothing, up to the ref).

Summary: Indoor arena full of breakable crates that may or may not contain objects.
 
Alright, I'm looking for a Beginner Battle:
3v3
Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
2 Recovery moves, 5 Chills per pokemon
Arena: Aperture Sciences Laboratory. It's basically an empty room with an orange portal on one side (on the floor) and a blue portal on the other side of the room (also on the floor). A cake is sitting on a table in the middle of the room.
No weather can be created, as it's inside and GLADOS won't truck with no hail inside. However, the floor can be dug through and the building won't collapse if you use Earthquake.
The cake may fall off the table though :/

Oh, and there are also some indestructible companion cubes lying around.
sure sounds fun!

items: none
abilities: all
switching: OK
 
Alright, I'm looking for a Beginner Battle:
3v3
Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
2 Recovery moves, 5 Chills per pokemon
Arena: Aperture Sciences Laboratory. It's basically an empty room with an orange portal on one side (on the floor) and a blue portal on the other side of the room (also on the floor). A cake is sitting on a table in the middle of the room.
No weather can be created, as it's inside and GLADOS won't truck with no hail inside. However, the floor can be dug through and the building won't collapse if you use Earthquake.
The cake may fall off the table though :/

Oh, and there are also some indestructible companion cubes lying around.
sure sounds fun!

items: none
abilities: all
switching: OK
I'll ref, PM me your mons!
 
Might as well, 1v1s are usually pretty quick, and I need RCs. Terrador, XVI (again), PM teams.

And, challenging SimonSays, if he has an open battle slot, since he was a little late accepting my last open challenge. Otherwise, this can be considered an open challenge.

2v2 Doubles
2 day DQ/3 Days Ref
1 Recovery/3 Chill
Standard Tournament Arena/Accepter's Choice
Unevolved only
Is a man not entitled to accept and decline his own challenges?

Switch = Dying to death
All abilities
No items
 

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open challenge!!!

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
No recoveries/2 chills
I'll battle!

Switch=KO
No items
All abilities
No fully evolved mons

edit:

I'll take this. Switch=lol, no items, all abilities. Little and Middle cup mons.
Was this taken? If not, I'd like to ref.

I might as well. Switch=ko, no items, all abilities. What kind of mons?
I can do bare-bone reffing for this lol. If that's alright, I'll ref.
 

jas61292

used substitute
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
Moderator
OK, two recent battles have fallen through for me, so I currently only have one going on (in which I am getting destroyed). Therefore, I will issue an open challenge to at least partially fix this problem.

3v3 Singles
2 day DQ
2 Recover / 5 Chill

Arena: Small Island Chain
Basically a bunch of small islands surrounded by lots of water. The islands are fairly basic, made mostly of sand, but also being somewhat rocky. Pokemon will all start on one central island (or in the water surrounding it), but can move around to the other ones via swimming, flying or jumping. Nothing else really special.

Also, if we could keep it to first stages only, that would be great. I want to try out a few new guys.
 
OK then, it seems icebug can't battle me at the moment so I'll issue a similiar challenge to his but I'll make it an open challenge.
2v2
Doubles (First doubles battle, yikes)
Players have 2 day DQ refs have 3 days
0 recoverery's 3 chills for each Pokemon (ex. Poke A has 3 chills poke has 3 chills. not poke A has 5 chills poke B has 1 chill)
no fully evolved pokemon please however mid-staged pokemon are OK.


ItsARandom said:
Restrictions: No Weather, Limited Ceiling, No Water Source

Description: We are in the deepest part of the cave, & there's no water, but there is a diggable surface. The arena is about 30 metres long & 15 metres wide & there is no chance of weather occurring. However, every round, A Pokemon will randomly appear, which one is at random. If you hit the Pokemon, however, they will bite back at the attacker with a move.

TABLE
Pokemon - Frequency - Move
Venomoth - 15% - Confusion
Ampharos - 15% - Thundershock
Granbull - 15% - Tackle
Shuckle - 15% - Encore
Dustox - 15% - Gust
Wormadam (Trash) - 15% - Mirror Shot
Gible - 10% - Dragon Rage
Hopefully this can be a good battle!
 
OPEN CHALLENGE(S)

Slot 1:

3v3+3v3 TT Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon max
One Ability

1st Person determines Switch method
2nd Person determines Items
3rd person determines Teams

Arena: Gliscor's Peak
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Digging

Description: THE SETTING
Gliscor's Peak is a place 900m above sea level set on a wide, flat rocky expanse, about 100mx100m in size. Surrounding the place is several other mountainous peaks, which is only there for flavour. There are rocks around in this expanse if you want to use moves like Rock Slide.

THE COMPLEX PART
Gliscor's Peak is home to a Gliscor hailed by locals as "The King". This Gliscor is not happy that a battle is taking place here & right from the outset, he'll attack. Each action, he'll target a random Pokemon with a random move from his movepool. He has unlimited energy, but he has finite HP. If you knock him out, the Pokemon that does gains 20 HP & Energy for free. However, after 6 actions, he'll regain consciousness & start attacking again. Also, every 6 actions, he'll summon a swarm of Gligar that will hit everyone.

GLISCOR'S STATS

Gliscor (M)
Nature: Adamant

HP: 150
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 95

Ability:
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Attacks:
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Poison Jab
Quick Attack
Faint Attack
Acrobatics
Night Slash
Earthquake
X-Scissor
Guillotine
Gligar Swarm (Flying Type, 8 BAP, hits everyone, no added effect)


Slot 2:

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon max
Arena: Busy Highway
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Rocks

Description:A busy highway with constant high speed traffic. Battling takes place on top of the vehicles. Fall off and you could be roadkill.
At the end of each action, all Pokemon not on cars will be hit by cars. There is a 50% that a hybrid would come (5 dmg), a 30% chance that a truck would come (7 dmg), and a 20% chance a tanker would come (10 dmg).


Anyone willing to battle?
 
Open Challenge
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
1 Recovery/3 Chills
Arena: Warehouse 51- A very large government storehouse full of crates (think the end of Indiana Jones). It's a mystery as to what are inside the crates, some say tax documents, some say the Ark of the Covenant, and some say alien bodies. A few of the guards have snuck in and pushed the crates around to make a rectangular space for Pokemon battles. They say it's okay if any of the crates get broken open as long as the trainers help clean up after the match (in other words, the crates can be opened to reveal an object/item/nothing, up to the ref).

Summary: Indoor arena full of breakable crates that may or may not contain objects.
Bring it on.

Switch = OK
All Abilities
No Items

EDIT: Random, I'd accept that instead, but I just played you lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.