Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Gerard
Launching something to everyone out there...
6v6 Triples
1 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills... blah blah blah
I don't want to unallowed FE pokemon, but i don't want to be in dissadventage either so, there's a little rule, all of your pokes Base Stats (Atk, Def, SpA, SpD) is gonna be added and they must be <60, so with 6 pokes thay must be at about 10 stats per pokemon, also max 1 poke with HP above 100

Arena: "Paris Opera House"
The Very Antique Teather with a lot of rooms, there are big spaces and a lot of places like balconys and a big area in the middle of the stage where the pokemons can battle while hearing the orchestra, the use of water is possible due to the big tanks of water in the back (with the wardrobe and utilery)

*still because this is a historycal place, the use of sismic activity is strictly forvided
Originally Posted by Fat Korski
I'll accept your challenge, Gerard. I can make it work with 1 FE, 1 mid-stage, and 4 basic stage Pokemon with exactly 60 stat points amongst them.

All Abilities
No Items
Switch=KO
I believe we still need a ref for this. 12 RC real fast!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Gerard
Launching something to everyone out there...
6v6 Triples
1 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills... blah blah blah
I don't want to unallowed FE pokemon, but i don't want to be in dissadventage either so, there's a little rule, all of your pokes Base Stats (Atk, Def, SpA, SpD) is gonna be added and they must be <60, so with 6 pokes thay must be at about 10 stats per pokemon, also max 1 poke with HP above 100

Arena: "Paris Opera House"
The Very Antique Teather with a lot of rooms, there are big spaces and a lot of places like balconys and a big area in the middle of the stage where the pokemons can battle while hearing the orchestra, the use of water is possible due to the big tanks of water in the back (with the wardrobe and utilery)

*still because this is a historycal place, the use of sismic activity is strictly forvided
Originally Posted by Fat Korski
I'll accept your challenge, Gerard. I can make it work with 1 FE, 1 mid-stage, and 4 basic stage Pokemon with exactly 60 stat points amongst them.

All Abilities
No Items
Switch=KO
I believe we still need a ref for this. 12 RC real fast!
I will take this, I need to ref more anyway.

PM teams.

And just case I'm a glutton for punishment:

6 vs 6 singles
36 hour DQ, 3 days for ref
1 recover, 5 chills
Arena: Rafting challenge

The battle takes place in/above a river filled with rapids and moving rather quickly. For combatants without access to the levitate command/ability or flying type (swimming mons are also exempt), they will be inside of a raft they must use to navigate the river. One raft is 100 feet ahead of the other. Each action, the Pokemon has the option of paddling to decrease the distance by 50 feet, or increase the distance by 50 feet. Additionally, each Pokemon can be knocked into the river by a suitable force (up to ref's disgression). If in the water, they must expend 10 energy and an action to get back on the raft. Or, they can fight in the water. However, all projectile/ranged attacks (close-range attacks normally would not work) only have a 50% chance of hitting due to the difficulties in aiming and keeping on the surface in the fast water. Additionally, every round there is a 20% chance of rapids appearing at the end, giving a 70% chance of knocking either side out of the raft, and dealing 10 damage to any Pokemon in the water.

Complicated enough for you?

Still open
LupusAter said:
Accepting this.
All abilities
Switch=KO
No items
I'll take this on too. I need moar RC...

w00t, time for another STRONGMON MELEE

1v1v1v1
Items = On
No CounterCoat or Bide

1st decides Abilities
2nd decides DQ time
3rd decides Recoveries/Chills

Its_A_Random said:
Arena: Busy Highway
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Rocks

Description:A busy highway with constant high speed traffic. Battling takes place on top of the vehicles. Fall off and you could be roadkill.
At the end of each action, all Pokemon not on cars will be hit by cars. There is a 50% that a hybrid would come (5 dmg), a 30% chance that a truck would come (7 dmg), and a 20% chance a tanker would come (10 dmg).

Ok, I think it's about time I threw out two new challenges to make up for my currently empty battle list.

3v3 Singles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Day DQ
The total evolution stage of the team cannot exceed 5 (ie Blastoise = 3, Pikachu = 2, Pinsir = 1)
Arena: We're on a boat!
For some unknown reason we thought it would be a good idea to have a Pokemon battle on a sailboat, and the seas are a little rough. Water is abundant, so not only are moves like Surf both available and encouraged, the energy cost of any water type move is reduced by one. Seismic activity is not possible (you would sink the boat!). In addition there is a 25% chance for it to begin raining at the end of every round. Should the rain start it will last for 2 rounds rather than the usual four (storms pass quickly at sea). Arr me hearties there be no land lubbers welcomed here (or something along those lines...)

4v4 Doubles
1 Recovery/3 Chills
2 Day DQ
All Pokemon entered in the battle must be capable of evolving.
Arena: Trainer School - the middle years.
It's not quite daycare but it isn't the big leagues either. The battle takes place on the small arena outside the School, basically a scaled down version of the usual tournament arena. There is a 9 foot wide pool or water in the middle of the field and the ground is soft and digable but hard enough to sustain a seismic wave. There are no restrictions on moves but as the field is a little smaller than usual then proximity will never be an issue. However, some of the school's training Pokemon get slightly miffed at battles taking place on their turf without anyone inviting them. At the end of each round a randomly determined second stage starter Pokemon will appear. They will then target one of the active participants (determined at random) with a signature move of theirs (to be determined by the referee).

So who's up for it?

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Taking the second challenge:

1 Ability
No Items
Switch=KO

As soon as my stuff get approved, that is.

EDIT: Okay, ready. Just need a ref.

Accepting Kaxtar's challenge.

One ability
No items
Switching is enabled

Arena: Cyberspace (stolen from Spenstar)

Arena: Cyberspace

The battlers are standing on Porygon-Pink tiles that glow white when a Pokemon or trainer is on or directly above it. All moves are legal, as the tiles can take on any properties, from diggable ground to surf-water to grass knot material. However, these properties disappear immediately after usage, and cannot affect the field itself. There is no weather since this IS cyberspace, but when a weather move/ability is used, the tiles will react to emulate the desired weather effect.

Summary: All moves are legal and have their normal capabilities. The whole cyberspace tile thing is just for flavour.

Looking for a quick battle, open challenge~

Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries, 4 Chills
First stage pokemon only (ie Bulbasaur; yes. Heracross; no)
Arena: White Water Rafting

~The trainers control their pokemon from a large Orange raft in the great White Water Rapids of north-western califrnornia. The river is rather narrow, allowing the trainers to control pokemon that are both on-shore and in the water. Flying type pokemon and Water type pokemon have free reign, while Fire types are slowed down in order to ease their way down the shore. The soil is fertile and moist while there's an abundance of trees for a great 2 on 2 battle.

You called?

PM teams please. Don't forget to specify switch, ability, and item conditions, Paradoxus. How many Pokemon per team, Toast...?

Also, open challenge, testing an Arena I want to use for a Gym, if they ever happen!

3v3 Doubles
2-Day DQ / 3-Day Ref
2 Recover / 5 Chill per Pokemon
First-stage Pokemon only
Arena: The Asylum
Field Type: Dark
Complexity: Low
Format: All (Switch OK)

Restrictions: No weather, no Digging, no large water sources

Description: This torn up, withered arena got its name during its old function: a building used to house Pokemon diagnosed with severe mental disorders. It has a plethora of small hiding places for Pokemon, and only has one light source: a faintly-lit lamp swinging from the ceiling. The atmosphere is incredibly quiet, dark, and tense, and all Pokemon feel can't help but feel afraid coming here. Some trainers do their training down in these ominous ruins, to better steel their Pokemon against mind-affecting moves. Dark and Ghost-type Pokemon can perform well in the low-light conditions, but they aren't safe from the overwhelming fear.

Mechanic: Each Pokemon gains Fear for each action it remains out of its Pokeball and fighting, regardless of typing, abilities, or active moves. Fear can be reset by switching out, or reduced by (2) by using attacks with a defined light source, such as Fire-type moves or Electric-type moves. In multi-battles, moves used by teammates can reduce the Fear of other teammates, as well as their own. Moves like Wish, Morning Sun, and Moonlight can reduce Fear as well. Different effects apply when Fear reaches certain levels:
- 2 to 5: blanket 5% reduction in accuracy
- 5 to 9: blanket 10% reduction in accuracy
- 9 to 12: 50% chance of a move not working at all (like Attraction, except Dark-types with Dark STAB are not exempt)
- 12 and higher: The Pokemon cannot use moves

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You called?

PM teams please. Don't forget to specify switch, ability, and item conditions, Paradoxus. How many Pokemon per team, Toast...?

Also, open challenge, testing an Arena I want to use for a Gym, if they ever happen!

3v3 Doubles
2-Day DQ / 3-Day Ref
2 Recover / 5 Chill per Pokemon
First-stage Pokemon only
Arena: The Asylum
Field Type: Dark
Complexity: Low
Format: All (Switch OK)

Restrictions: No weather, no Digging, no large water sources

Description: This torn up, withered arena got its name during its old function: a building used to house Pokemon diagnosed with severe mental disorders. It has a plethora of small hiding places for Pokemon, and only has one light source: a faintly-lit lamp swinging from the ceiling. The atmosphere is incredibly quiet, dark, and tense, and all Pokemon feel can't help but feel afraid coming here. Some trainers do their training down in these ominous ruins, to better steel their Pokemon against mind-affecting moves. Dark and Ghost-type Pokemon can perform well in the low-light conditions, but they aren't safe from the overwhelming fear.

Mechanic: Each Pokemon gains Fear for each action it remains out of its Pokeball and fighting, regardless of typing, abilities, or active moves. Fear can be reset by switching out, or reduced by (2) by using attacks with a defined light source, such as Fire-type moves or Electric-type moves. In multi-battles, moves used by teammates can reduce the Fear of other teammates, as well as their own. Moves like Wish, Morning Sun, and Moonlight can reduce Fear as well. Different effects apply when Fear reaches certain levels:
- 2 to 5: blanket 5% reduction in accuracy
- 5 to 9: blanket 10% reduction in accuracy
- 9 to 12: 50% chance of a move not working at all (like Attraction, except Dark-types with Dark STAB are not exempt)
- 12 and higher: The Pokemon cannot use moves
I'll take it.

1 Ability
Switch = KO
No items

also, I need a ref for my battle against Deadfox some posts above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)