Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Time for another Open Challenge!

1v1 Doubles
36 Hour DQ
2 Recoveries/8 Chills Total

Arena: Mewtwo was created by cloning Mew's cells. This battle will take place there. When your single pokemon enters the chemicals in the air will clone it, creating 2 of the same pokemon. They are two separate pokemon, they each get 3 actions, and must be targeted separately. The pokemon used will gain twice as much counters however. When ordering, players will have a <Pokemon> #1 and <Pokemon> #2. Before the battle starts, the player will tell the ref which one is the real one. In order to win, the real one must be knocked out, regardless of the state of the clone is in. The scientists who created Mewtwo needed to test him in various terrains, so all moves are allowed.

I want to battle someone new.
NFEs Only
I'll accept this.

Switch = Clone Wars
Items = None
Abilities = All

Accepting that one, Fire Blast.

no items
switch=good luck
one ability

need a ref now, I assume

Edit: Ninja'd.

My friend (ToastTyrant13) and I decided to have a little fun; we're looking for a challenge.

Open Challenge to be specific
1+1 v 1+1
2 Day DQ
2 recover/5 chills
Looking for a talented ref
Arena: 11 Island
Stage 1 Pokemon (ex: Torchic, yes; Mawile, no)

Challenger pciks abilities
Challenger 2 picks Items/Lack Thereof
Tyrant picks nothing :D

Albinoloon
ToastTyrant13
xX~*~ vs ~*~Xx
Leethoof
pimpgangster

An undiscovered counterpart to the Sevii Islands, 11 Island is not a tourist destination. The arena is a 40x40 wooden platform in the canopy of an undiscovered jungle. Trees surround the arena, so a nimble pokemon can leap from limb to limb with ease. The inhabitants are mysterious poison typed misquito-based pokemon which have never been seen, that are known to suck the life out of you with a Giga Drain attack. They can also utilize the moisture in the air to fire off a Hydro Pump. This is a tropical island, so storms are a common sight- especially at this time of day. Every second, the storm's precipitation changes, from rain, to storm, to hail, and even high-speed winds! This battle is being recored for a documentary set on getting this unseen pokemon on film, so the combatants have a chance to see it post-battle or even mid-battle!

Summary
- 40x40 wooden platform surrounded by trees
- 15% chance of being hit by a Rank 3 Giga Drain every action
- 5% chance of being hit by a Rank 3 Hydro Pump every action
- 25% Rain; 25% chance of strong rain; 25% chance of hail; 20% clear weather; 5% chance 12 damage to every pokemon(every round)
- Once-in-a-lifetime chance to see a unknown pokemon!
We need a ref for Albinloon, Toast, pimpgangster, and I.

OK, i'm trying to balance one arena so i'm doing an Open Challege to anyone who dares... try to bring a ghost if you can...

3v3 Singles
2 day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills

Max one ghost per team

Arena: The Valley of the Dolls

A Dark grove, where the sunlight barely reaches the ground, and where there is no sound, nothing moves in the forest, and long trees with somethings hanging from them is the only visible thing around, there are dolls, thousands of Dolls hanging from the trees, all the trees are full with old, mutilated dolls that give anyone the feeling that they’re constantly being watched, looking at the battlers and judging them from the shadows with their empty eye sockets, the woods are full of them, and there's almost no space to move into the forest, and the forest itself cannot be harmed, still there are some clear spaces with some empty houses and some human-made objects that haven't seen a person in a very long time, there are some canals around the valley, but be careful since it has been known that many people has drowned on them, the things that have happened in this place are tainted by the mistery since there's nobody left to tell the story, well... except for the dolls which are said to whisper in the shadows, ghost pokemon will feel at home in here, any other type, well... let's just say they better offer them a gift upon setting foot on the Valley, you know... just to be safe

• Rain is the only weather possible
  • Ghost attacks have +3 in their BP
  • Normal pokemon are susceptible to Ghost attacks
  • Fire moves can be used, but will not affect the woods
  • Pokemon can fly, but they won't see a thing thanks to the woods
  • Pokemon have their speed reduced to 2/3 of their original speed (With the exception of ghost pokes and some regular pokemon*)
  • Every Pokemon that enters the field has their Attack reduced by one (1) (With the exception of ghost pokes and pokemon with the ability Justified, Guts or Reckless, but the ability is annulled)
  • NFE pokemon have their attack reduced by two (2) (No exceptions)
  • Every pokemon begins with a +2 Evasion Bonus
  • After every action, every pokemon (With the exception of ghost pokes and pokemon with the ability Justified, Guts or Reckless) have a 5x%** chance of being affected by fear (reducing their attacks BP in two (2), and having a 25% chance of being paralysed by fear) for 6 actions
  • Light related moves have their light supply at minimum
  • Rock attacks are unusable if they need outside rocks (Stone Edge, Rock Slide, etc..., there are no many rocks in here)
  • Taunt last 3 more actions (At the cost of +2 energy)
  • Foresigh (And similar moves) cannot be used
  • Contact moves are harder to excecute***
  • Water supply on the canals in the forest (12.5% of faint if used)
  • Confusion last one more turn
  • Curse will do 8 damage per action
  • Destiny Bond, Nightmare and Spite will have their power doubled
  • Hex always acts as if the foe is statused
  • Moves that require Focusing have a 50% chance of failure (except ghost ones)
  • If a pokemon tries to damage the forest (or actually damages it), spirits will attack them****
  • Healing moves will regain half the health they should (bar Pain Split)
  • Every Bad Effect is removed if the pokemon uses his first action to honor the Woods (Pay Day, Natural Gift, Present, etc...)
* Ref discretion, but something real, Aipom and Furret are OK, Ursaring and Claydol are NOT
** x being the number of rounds the pokemon has been on the field
***Ref discretion
****Shadow Snakes (number and everything else is up to the ref) that traps the pokemon, making it unable for it to move

Accepting Arcanite's challenge.
No switching obviously
All abilities
No Items
Arena: Nabbing one from the Arena Compendium
Arena: Protegas' Sanctuary
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Multiples, Melee (does not work in singles at all)
Restrictions: Limited Seismic Moves, No Weather, No SolarBeam/Thunder
A 50ft-by-50ft stone temple for the relatively unknown deity Protegas that provides protection to those who seek it. The room is lit by torches that provide ample light. There is a fountain in one of the walls that provides a water source for moves like Surf. The arena is set indoors so weather moves, SolarBeam and Thunder cannot be used. Despite being ancient, the temple still has a relatively strong structure that allows seismic moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze and Magnitude to be used up to 3 times in total (not 3 times each though). The floor can be dug through as well but, because it is made of stone, the energy cost for Dig is increased by 2 for pokemon that aren't rock- or ground-type. Over the centuries, some plant life has broken through the floor, allowing non-grass-types to use moves like Grass Knot.

At the beginning of every round, Protegas will protect any pokemon he feels is being ganged up on. A pokemon is considered to be ganged up on if it is targeted by:
  • At least four enemy single-target moves
  • Three enemy single-target moves and at least two enemy multi-target moves
  • Two enemy single-target moves and four enemy multi-target moves
  • Six enemy moves, whether they are single-target, multi-target or a combination of the two
Note: this is done by the commands issued and stuff like Encore and Disable changing a pokemon's moves will not affect this, but substitutions will. Substitutions cannot be made based on whether or not an opponent's pokemon gets the barrier.

Any pokemon that meets any of those criteria will be given a protective barrier for that round. The barrier is treated as a 20 HP typeless pokemon with the same rank defences as the pokemon it is protecting. The barrier protects the pokemon from all effects of enemy attacks and will disappear once it runs out of HP, is hit by two enemy non-damaging moves or at the end of the round, whichever comes first. The barrier will not protect from any spillover damage (so an attack that does 25 damage will destroy the barrier and do 5 damage to the target). The barrier will not protect a pokemon from allied attacks that hit it, nor will it be affected by allied attacks. A last pokemon standing will always receive Protegas' barrier at the start of a round except in a 1v1 matchup.

Since I wan't to use my Yanma, here is an open challenge for a quick match.

1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
1 recovery, 2 chills
The arena is just a plain tourney place with an open roof, battlers send only one pokemon to ref, not whole team
NFEs only.

WARNING to Ref: I won't PM Pokemon until my Yanma is approved.

I challenge elDino to
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
Random Steel Type Factory: Lots of Machinery, the foreman will rip out your brains if seismic activity is used. Plenty of random magnets sitting around uncharged, being hit by any electric type attack will cause them to go into overdrive. Only weather allowed in this dusty factory is Sandstorm.

Challenging Blazikenmaster-Zeo to a 1v1 Singles match!
0 Recoveries, 0 Chills
DQ Time: 30 minutes
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Challenging Blazikenmaster-Zeo to a 1v1 Singles match!
0 Recoveries, 0 Chills
DQ Time: 30 minutes
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

FE plox

Looking for a quick movin' 3 v. 3 singles battle! Open challenge.
3 Recoveries; 6 Chills
DQ Time: 2 days (48 hours)
First stage, unevolved pokemon only (Bulbasaur, yes; Absol, no)
If you don't have 3 first form pokemon, I have 1 fully evolved mon to take you on. :D Keep in mind, this is last case scenario.
Arena:

A tranquil Air Temple eradicated of it's Nomad inhabitants one-hundred years ago. All moves are able to be used, while moves like Earthquake and Dig cost 1 extra energy point. Weather moves can be activated, but only last 3 actions because of the strong winds. Water moves are able to be used, but always have a negative priority due to the time needed to draw water from the fountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)