Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v2 Doubles
2 day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills

You choose Arena, I send out second!
NFEs please!
Accepting Arcanite's challenge.
No switching obviously
All abilities
No Items
Arena: Nabbing one from the Arena Compendium
Arena: Protegas' Sanctuary
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Multiples, Melee (does not work in singles at all)
Restrictions: Limited Seismic Moves, No Weather, No SolarBeam/Thunder
A 50ft-by-50ft stone temple for the relatively unknown deity Protegas that provides protection to those who seek it. The room is lit by torches that provide ample light. There is a fountain in one of the walls that provides a water source for moves like Surf. The arena is set indoors so weather moves, SolarBeam and Thunder cannot be used. Despite being ancient, the temple still has a relatively strong structure that allows seismic moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze and Magnitude to be used up to 3 times in total (not 3 times each though). The floor can be dug through as well but, because it is made of stone, the energy cost for Dig is increased by 2 for pokemon that aren't rock- or ground-type. Over the centuries, some plant life has broken through the floor, allowing non-grass-types to use moves like Grass Knot.

At the beginning of every round, Protegas will protect any pokemon he feels is being ganged up on. A pokemon is considered to be ganged up on if it is targeted by:
  • At least four enemy single-target moves
  • Three enemy single-target moves and at least two enemy multi-target moves
  • Two enemy single-target moves and four enemy multi-target moves
  • Six enemy moves, whether they are single-target, multi-target or a combination of the two
Note: this is done by the commands issued and stuff like Encore and Disable changing a pokemon's moves will not affect this, but substitutions will. Substitutions cannot be made based on whether or not an opponent's pokemon gets the barrier.

Any pokemon that meets any of those criteria will be given a protective barrier for that round. The barrier is treated as a 20 HP typeless pokemon with the same rank defences as the pokemon it is protecting. The barrier protects the pokemon from all effects of enemy attacks and will disappear once it runs out of HP, is hit by two enemy non-damaging moves or at the end of the round, whichever comes first. The barrier will not protect from any spillover damage (so an attack that does 25 damage will destroy the barrier and do 5 damage to the target). The barrier will not protect a pokemon from allied attacks that hit it, nor will it be affected by allied attacks. A last pokemon standing will always receive Protegas' barrier at the start of a round except in a 1v1 matchup.
Need a ref please!

Looking for a quick movin' 3 v. 3 singles battle! Open challenge.
3 Recoveries; 6 Chills
DQ Time: 2 days (48 hours)
First stage, unevolved pokemon only (Bulbasaur, yes; Absol, no)
If you don't have 3 first form pokemon, I have 1 fully evolved mon to take you on. :D Keep in mind, this is last case scenario.
Arena:

A tranquil Air Temple eradicated of it's Nomad inhabitants one-hundred years ago. All moves are able to be used, while moves like Earthquake and Dig cost 1 extra energy point. Weather moves can be activated, but only last 3 actions because of the strong winds. Water moves are able to be used, but always have a negative priority due to the time needed to draw water from the fountain.
Bumping for the new page and disregarding the underlined section. I'm still awaiting for a certain pokemon to evolve, so until then, only first stage 'mons.

Gonna throw up my first Strongmon battle!

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ/2 Days Ref
Arena: Accepter's Choice

I will be using FE mons, you may choose do do the same, though it isn't TECHNICALLY required.

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ/2 Days Ref

I will be using FE mons, you may choose do do the same, though it isn't TECHNICALLY required.
Sure, why not?

We'll go with the tourney arena to continue the balls to the wall, no restrictions motif.

All abilities, no items.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Here to find a first battle to kick-start my ASB time.

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ / 3 Days Ref
Arena: Standard Close-Quarters Training Room
  • Due to the proximity of combatants; it is more difficult to defend one's own vital areas. All critical hit rates are increased by one (1) stage due to this difficulty of defense. The use of Substitute or other moves that redirect attacks away from one's body are not subject to this increased critical hit rate; the bonus only applies if a vital joint or opening can be attacked.
  • The heat and humidity of this poorly-ventilated room aggravates status conditions. Any major status ailments, such as Burn and Paralysis, inflicted in this arena are boosted to their maximum stage of effectiveness, but they deteriate at twice the normal rate.
  • In this cramped area, sudden attacks are even harder to anticipate than normal. Moves that strike with increased priority cannot miss and gain an additional stage bonus to critical hit rate. Again, this bonus is ignored by protections such as Substitute. In addition, this bonus is denied to Pokémon who have been outspeed this action by a higher-priority damaging move. For example, a user of Quick Attack (+1) would recieve this bonus against most targets, but not against a user of Fake Out (+3) who had attacked them that action.
  • Lastly, the small maximum distance means that mobility is a very slight concern; Pokémon who normally perform poorly on land or who favor swimming can go toe-to-toe with adroit runners and agile fliers on relatively even ground. Water and stones are provided for such moves as Surf and Rock Slide; other such concessions can be generally assumed.
  • Accepter may choose who issues commands first.
  • Each side must have one (1) basic evolving Pokémon (Dratini, Nidoran); and either a mid-stage (Machoke, Ivysaur) or non-evolving (Tauros, Lapras) member. One of each category only.
  • Switching is impossible due to lack of a bench.
  • Items are at the Accepter's option.
  • All abilities are active.

Well, I've been out of battles for a while, got no slots filled up... time for a new one, eh?

2 vs 2 doubles
2 recovers, 5 chills
3 day DQ for players, 4 for ref.
Arena: Referee training grounds

This sacred arena is where expert refs train their not-so-good refs. In here is a blank, computer arena in which the ref gets to decide how it all goes down. The referee gets to change any settings, from weather to random effects, to what the stage looks like. It's all up to the ref in this matter. This arena is so awesome with that, that the ref managers and prize approvers may post what the arena should be instead!

General details on arena.

- Blank, open room unless specified
- Ref chooses everything that happens in the arena (Weather, random effects, stage look, obstacles etc.)
- Ref managers and Prize Approver's may post an arena or effect to use, and it will auto-be used next time. If multiple post an arena or effect of the same kind, it's up to the ref on which to use.

Might as well let our hard working folks have some fun, right?

Originally Posted by Fat ToastTyrant13
Looking for a quick movin' 3 v. 3 singles battle! Open challenge.
3 Recoveries; 6 Chills
First stage, unevolved pokemon only (Bulbasaur, yes; Absol, no)
If you don't have 3 first form pokemon, I have 1 fully evolved mon to take you on. :D Keep in mind, this is last case scenario.
Arena: Western Air Temple

A tranquil Air Temple eradicated of it's Nomad inhabitants one-hundred years ago. All moves are able to be used, while moves like Earthquake and Dig cost 1 extra energy point. Weather moves can be activated, but only last 3 actions because of the strong winds. Water moves are able to be used, but always have a negative priority due to the time needed to draw water from the fountain.
i'll accept that, toasttyrant.

switch = ko
no items
all abilities
Woot! Could we get a ref for this awesome battle? :D

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Deadfox081
Originally Posted by Fat IceBug

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ/2 Days Ref

Sure, why not?

We'll go with the tourney arena to continue the balls to the wall, no restrictions motif.

All abilities, no items.
I'll pick this one up. Send me up to 3 Pokes via PM, please, you two.

'
I'm seeking a 3 versus 3 fight for my first match.
2 Recoveries; 5 Chills
First stage, unevolved Pokemon only
Arena:

Several forgotten peaks that were once the site of numerous bloody battles. The air here is unearthly still, which causes all weather moves to last one turn longer. Due to the lack of air currents, flying type moves have negative priority. The lack of combustible materials around causes fire type moves to cost one additional energy point.

Challenging Terrador14.

1v1 singles
2 days DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena:
Ice Canyon

Field Type, Complexity, Format, and Restrictions:
Field Type: Ice (Ice-type moves take less energy, Hail costs less to summon, while Sandstorm costs more, and Sun does not boost Fire-type moves, although other effects still apply.)
Complexity: Moderate (all moves available, but several restrictions, mostly weather-based, still apply.)
Format: All
Restrictions:
  • Ice-type moves other than Hail cost 1 less energy.
  • Hail, whether by move or by Snow Warning, costs 2 less energy to summon.
  • Sandstorm, whether by Sand Stream or by move, costs 2 more energy to summon.
  • Sun does not boost Fire-type attacks. All other effects, such as ability activation and SolarBeam having 0 priority, still work properly.
  • Rain faces no restrictions.
  • Dig is considered to be an Ice-type move.
  • Through various loopholes, all other moves are available.
Flavor

A hollow, symmetric depression in a glacier, 25 feet wide at the bottom, 35 at the top, and 50 feet high. It extends too far away to exit. There's a water source in the form of an icy brook or stream flowing through, but Dig deals Ice-type damage; the glacier is too deep to hit soil. If you need more water, you can always melt some of the wall. Stones and plant matter have been brought in from god-knows-where, and they can be used for attacks like Rock Slide and Grass Knot. Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude will still inflict seismic damage. Earth Power can pierce the ice long enough to deal Ground-type damage. The walls are surprisingly stable; no avalanches can be triggered here. All Ice-type moves but Hail cost 1 energy less to execute here, and Hail costs 2 less energy to summon, whether through Snow Warning or the move Hail. Sandstorms, on the other hand, cost 2 extra energy to summon for want of material, whether through Sand Stream or the move Sandstorm, and the Sun's rays bounce off the reflective ice, preventing its heat from boosting Fire-type moves. (However, SolarBeam and Sun-based abilities still trigger.)

well since my last fight appears to have fallen thru, im reposting my strongmon fight

3v3 Strongmon Triples
1 Day DQ
3 Recoveries/6 Chills
ASB Standard Arena for convenience/speed

looking to do the match as quickly as possible, also ill be using 1 FE and 2 2/3 Mons but the match is open to any pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)