1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimpgangster

pimpgangster

Ragnarokalex I'm In
    Switch=Odin
    Items off
    1 Ability
  2. LouisCyphre

LouisCyphre heralds disaster.

Reposting for new page (do we do that around here?)
  3. Ragnarokalex

Ragnarokalex

sweet!, now we just need an active ref that wants quick easy RC!!![/salespitch]
  4. Leethoof

Leethoof

I guess I might as well get back into reffing. Probably the only way I'll ever achieve my army of Bastiodons.

I'll take both LouisCyphre vs Paradoxus and Ragnarokalex vs pimpgangster

Pm your teams!
  5. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Looking for a quick 1v1 singles.

1 Day DQ
    2 Recovers / 5 Chills
    Arena = Open field with a lake. (As in nothing special at all, like the ASB arena, but not in an arena, and thus more original).

Unevolved Pokemon only please for this one
    Also, only send in one Pokemon to the ref. It's more interesting that way.
  6. ToastTyrant13

ToastTyrant13

I'll take ya' jas#!

All abilities
    No Items
    Switch =
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
  7. C$FP

C$FP

I will ref the above. Send me the mon, the thread will be up quite soon (unless one of you is waiting for approval).
  8. LouisCyphre

I'm looking for a quick scuffle if anyone's interested.

Open Challenge
    1v1 Singles
    2 Day DQ (3 Days Ref)
    Arena: Frenzy Arena
    Arena Properties (open)
    • The spectators in this area are boorish at best - they want to see action, not technique. The proprietors of the arena prefer Pokémon that favor offense over defense. If a Pokémon has Defense equal to or higher than its Attack; or if its Special Defense is equal to or higher than its Special Attack, that Pokémon is restricted and suffers additional penalties as described below.
    • The catcalls of the crowd hamper the focus of all of the battlers, demoralizing them. All Pokémon suffer a -2 morale penalty to damage with all attacks. Restricted Pokémon are especially degraded, and suffer an additional -2 penalty to damage. Pokémon with the abilities Rattled, Run Away, or Defeatist currently active suffer a additional cumulative -1 penalty (applied once for each ability) to their damage. Pokémon with Defiant, Unnerve, or Rivalry (vs. opposite gender) suffer only half this penalty, to a minimum of -1.
    • As a result of the same catcalls, Pokémon with the abilities Justified, Guts, Intimidate, Moxie, Sheer Force, or Rivalry (vs. same gender) suffer no penalty, and instead gain a +2 morale bonus to damage with all damaging attacks. Restricted Pokémon with the proper abilities suffer no penalty, but do not gain the bonus.
    • Pokémon with the ability Soundproof cannot incur any of the bonuses or penalties described above.
    • It is customary in this region to throw tomatoes at Restricted Pokémon. Any Scyther, Magmar, Magmortar, Electibuzz, or Electivire gains a +2 rage bonus to damage when attacking a Restricted Pokémon, due to the vivid red.

• Accepter may choose who issues commands first.
    • Battlers must be either a mid-stage (Machoke, Ivysaur) or non-evolving (Tauros, Lapras) Pokémon. Additional penalties as per the arena.
    • Switching is impossible due to lack of a bench.
    • Items are at the Accepter's option.
    • All abilities are active.
  9. XVIcaliber

XVIcaliber

Taking LouisCyphre.

No Items
    I'll issue first commands.
    Switch=BOOOOOOOOO

Ref plox.

Question: Wouldn't Moxie be a positive ability to have in that arena, also?
  10. Terrador

Terrador

I'll take the above if you guys don't mind me skimping on flavor; it can easily be done in 20 minutes.
    PM me your teams.
  11. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

Open challenge... 1v1v1v1v1v1 FREE FOR ALL

Each player will choose the pokemon for an opponent.

1st chooses for 2nd
    2nd chooses for 3rd
    3rd chooses for 4th
    4th chooses for 5th
    5th chooses for me

Note that you tell what pokemon your chosen opponent uses to the ref

1st chooses stage
    2nd chooses number of recoveries
    3rd chooses NFEs or not
    4th chooses items
    5th chooses # of chills
  12. LouisCyphre

I am so in.
  13. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

I lol'd, so whats the stage? Remember it needs to be large
  14. Athenodoros

Athenodoros Official Smogon Know-It-All

I am so reffing Paradoxus' shenaniganry.
  15. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

DQ: 2, 3 for ref
  16. TEA_DEMON

TEA_DEMON

i think i'm in for the lulz. no recoveries or chills tyvm.
  17. LouisCyphre

You want large?

Open Challenge
    1v1v1v1v1v1 Singles
    2 Day DQ (3 Days Ref)
    Arena: The Labyrinth
    Arena Properties (open)
    • This arena is a dank, wet stone passage with an open sky. Each battler starts off in a different part of the maze. What this essentially means is that no contact can be made with opponents you haven't found.
    • In the Labyrinth, all battlers may use the command Search.

New Command
      Search
      The Pokémon spends one (1) action searching the maze for an opponent. After three uses, the Referee will generate a random opponent - the user of Search finds that opponent in the maze, along with any Pokémon the found opponent was already fighting. Search consumes no energy.

[*]Pokémon capable of true flight (i.e. not simple levitation or hovering) may find an opponent in a single usage of Search.
      [*]Combat raises a loud din that carries for a long ways in the cold, hard stone passages. If a Pokémon is battling, it is possible for opponents to Search specifically for that Pokémon. If they Search for a Pokémon engaged in battle three times, they find that Pokémon, instead of a random opponent.
      [*]It is possible to lay hazards for your opponents, damaging unwary travelers. Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock can be laid as traps when not in battle with an opponent, damaging them if they don't watch their step. Every time an opponent uses Search, they have a 20% chance to step on a given hazard if it's been laid. Check the chance for each layer separately, unless those layers are stacked. No more than one hazard can be encountered per Search. Check all instances of Spikes (smallest stack to largest), then Stealth Rock, then Toxic Spikes (smallest stack to largest), in that order.
      [*]The walls are impossibly sturdy; seismic activity does no noticable damage to them. The walls are too slick to be climbed, even with hooks or suction cups. The floor is covered with a foot and a half of standing water, sufficient for smaller swimmers and water-based attacks. The water has no effect on fire attacks, and is not sufficiently saline to conduct electrical attacks properly.
      [*]
      [​IMG]

How's that for an arena?
  18. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Challing Elevator Music here!

1v1
    1 day DQ
    Arena: Grassy field, nothing special nignogs.
  19. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

items: nope
    abilities: all
    switching: sure we'll see how that works out....
  20. Terrador

Terrador

Reffing the above. PM teams and stuff.

Hyper-speed battles ftmfw.
  21. dragonboy52

dragonboy52
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I guess I'm third.
    Fully evolved pokemon are allowed.
  22. loudkirbyking

loudkirbyking

*prods forward to this page, as my opponent had other things to do, so I lost them*

Er, yeah...
  23. TheWolfe

TheWolfe

BRING IT ON! >:D

And since I'm #4, items are ON! As for the music...I can't seem to think of one right now. You guys think of one. I mean there's going to be 5 of us. XD

And one more battle for good measure. I always wanted to use this arena.

Battle type: 3v3 Singles
    DQ Time: 3 days
    Recoveries: 2 recovery moves/5 chills
    Restrictions: None
    Song: Audioslave - Be Yourself
    Arena: Sleepy Park
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Sleepy Park (Outdoor Custom Arena): Sleepy Park is a simple playground that has lacked human activity for quite some time. Its area is fairly large, quite lengthy with a moderate width. The park is paved with a gravel surface and lying on the outskirts is a grassy terrain leading to a wooded area. A pair of swings sit close to the outskirts of the park. Four pairs of swings hang down from it's wooden exterior. Nearby lies a tilted merry-go-round. This metallic disk consisting of a cross hatching of sturdy handles still stands fairly strong, but it's obvious time has done its toll to the aged structure. Upon the left stretch of this park lies a set of swings designed for the younger children. Only two pairs hang freely from the suspended metal bar. The right side of this park possesses some markings within the grass and dust which indicate previous structures which has once stood there, no removed from the premises. Around the bottom of Sleepy park lies its entrance along with an aged sign warning citizens to play at their own risk, but to have a good time. A power line runs extended from one side of the park to the other.
  24. LouisCyphre

Boring arena this time; they can't all feature David Bowie.

Open Challenge
    2v2 Doubles
    2 Day DQ (3 Days Ref)
    Arena: Verdant Greenhouse
    Arena Properties (open)
    • The initial weather is Permanent Sun.
    • Weathers other than Sun last half their normal duration, rounded down.
    • Fire damage can't be resisted by typing. (i.e. a Water/Dragon takes x1 damage from Fire instead of x0.44.)
    • Respondent may choose who issues commands first.
    • Each side must have one (1) basic evolving Pokémon (Dratini, Nidoran); and either a mid-stage (Machoke, Ivysaur) or non-evolving (Tauros, Lapras) member. One of each category only.
    • Switching is impossible due to lack of a bench.
    • Items are at the Respondent's option.
    • All abilities are active.
  25. Gerard

Gerard

Sure...

Switch = Why Not?
    Items = NO
    Abilities = All
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)