Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

3x3 triples
    DQ 5 days
    4 chills: 4 recoveries
    Arena:

Arena of Fear (Arena by Glacier Knight)
    Show Hide
    Field Type- Neutral
    Complexity- Intense
    Format- Singles, Doubles, Triples
    Restrictions- Artificial arena, Low ceiling, No digging, No seismic activity, No weather

Arena of Fear: Pokemon and Trainers beware; you’re in for a scare! This daunting place will leave even the most demented beasts shaken and startled. When you first begin your match here it looks like a normal, though dark looking, covered arena (circular shape, one hundred fifty feet long and wide, rounded dome that at its peak is one hundred fifty feet above the dome. The arena’s floor is cobblestone and is dimly lit). After each round fear is instilled! This arena is based on phobias, and the dome will alter itself to accommodate a random phobia. The dome is being worked on to have more phobias, but for now here are the possible outcomes:​

• Apiphobia- Fear of bees: the arena’s lights will become much brighter, but compartments in the inner dome will release hundreds of annoying and frightening bees. Bug types will have no problem with this, but all other pokemon will be attacked for 4 damage and receive a -1 evasion and -1 accuracy stat drop
    • Arsonphobia- Fear of fire: the lights will turn off, but don’t worry about light, tiny holes in the cobblestones will release huge torches of flames, and hit pokemon will lose 5 damage (pkmn weak to fire will take 6, pkmn with two weaknesses to fire will take 8, pkmn with resistance to fire take 4 damage, and pkmn with two resistances to fire will take 2 damage. Fire types take none). The fire will jet out of the holes at random throughout the turn they have been summoned
    • Aviatophobia- Fear of flying: holes in the cobblestone will spit out large gusts of wind, sending all pokemon flying into the air. They will not fall splat however. The gusts of air will keep them floating, though most pokemon will have a hard time aiming or attacking (all non-flying types receive a -2 evasion and accuracy stat drop). Flying types will not be effected, as the air only helps them.
    • Myctophobia- Fear of darkness: the dim lights will shut off completely, leaving you and your precious pokemon In the dark for a round. Pokemon that cannot see in darkness (or doesn’t have a glowing body) receives a -3 accuracy stat drop. Dark types receive a +1 evasion and +2 accuracy stat gain.
    • Hydrophobia- Fear of water: the holes in the cobblestone will release water at a startling rate, and holes in the dome will help quicken the process. The water will rise to thirty feet, and any pokemon who cannot swim or create something to stay on the surface with is doomed. Water pokemon receive a +1 attack +1 evasion +1 speed stat boost, and fire pokemon receive a -1 attack -1 defense stat drop.
    • Pagophobia- Fear of ice or frost: the holes in the cobblestone and inner dome will emit an icy spray, turning the arena into a chilly torture room. Also the holes will spit out deadly icicles, hitting all non ice types for 6 damage. The ice spray will also freeze parts of the pokemon if they make direct contact.
    • Traumatophobia- Fear of injury: the dome opens up to reveal little imps! These mischievous devils will start chucking hurtful objects at your poor pokemon, not only causing damage but inflicting other pains too. (if hit this is what the objects do: wooden chair- 3 damage, dresser- 5 damage, lamp- 3 damage, hot sauce- -1 accuracy stat drop, bag of lit charcoal- 6 damage to all non fire types, snakes- stay on the floor and will bite for 2 damage, skulls- 1 damage and 40% chance of being too scared to move or attack)
    • Nebulaphobia- Fear of fog: the holes of the inner dome release a hazy fog, removing all stat enhancements, reflect, light screen, and etc. also all pokemon not accustomed to fighting in fog receive a -2 accuracy and -1 speed stat drop.
    • Daemonophobia- fear of demons: when battlers come to duel in the arena of fear, they pray they never see this fear pop up! When activated a large trap door will open up form the floor, releasing a terrible demon that will prey on its victims! The demon will leave at the end of the round, but that doesn’t mean it’ll just sit there and look pretty! (its hp is 150, and it will use shadow claw, flamethrower, shadow punch, snarl, screech, shadow ball, crunch, hypnosis, dream eater, nightmare, or ominous wind)
    Remember, no dig, earthquake, or weather! Be ready for the scare of your life!

I am, and forever shall be known, as the man without fear...
  2. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Unfortunately it seems you have no one-stage mons, so I'll have to turn you down.
  3. EndQuote

EndQuote

Open challenge: 2v2 singles.
    DQ time: 1 Day.
    2 recoveries, 5 chills per pokemon.
    Arena:
    Hall of Origin (open)

Arena: Hall of Origin
    The home of Arceus, the Original One. It has deigned to observe the duel between two Trainers. Normally it won't interfere, being the creator of justice and honor; however, should his home (Rank 5 Def, Rank 5 S Def, ??? Type) take an increment of 20 Damage (takes damage whenever a multi hit attack occurs or an attack misses, even activated by attacks such as Heat Wave and Rock Slide), Arceus will lash out with a random-typed 5 SpA Judgement against the offending party. The dimensions of the arena are 50 meters long and 20 meters wide; long story short, it'll hold pretty much anything.

NFE pokes only.

EDIT: Awesome, Gerard. Now let's find ourselves a ref...
  4. Gerard

Gerard

Damn, tought you meant first-stage, then another time will be :(

Then i guess i'll accept this one :9
  5. Fire Blast

Fire Blast

So, I want to battle and ref a battle with the following ruleset. I need an opponent for myself, a ref for this battle, and two other participants who would like to battle in this arena.

Open Challenge:
    1v1 Singles
    DQ: 2 days
    Restricted Moves: 10 Chills, 2 Recoveries
    Pokemon: "New Pokemon." Minimal MC investment, NFE, Able to evolve
  6. LouisCyphre

LouisCyphre heralds disaster.

You know what? I'm down; I guess. Am I waiting for an opponent for you to ref; Blast; or are you my opponent?
  7. Ragnarokalex

Ragnarokalex

^^ hmmm this looks interesting, ill challenge lou so Fire Blast can ref ours
  8. LouisCyphre

LouisCyphre heralds disaster.

Er; I was going to be Blast's opponent; according to IRC.
  9. Ragnarokalex

Ragnarokalex

ah then i guess ill be in the 2nd match

then im gonna need an opponent now
  10. ToastTyrant13

ToastTyrant13

Looking for a good ol' Trainin' Battle!

3 vs. 3 Singles
    NFE 1st Stages only (Bulbasaur, yes; Tropius, no)
    2 Day DQ
    4 Chills, 5 Recoveries

Arena: Fighting Gym Idea

Gym WIP (open)

The opponents face off in a large rectangular arena, about 50 feet wide and 75 feet long. The building itself is 100 by 100, but the remaining portion is roped off to keep spectators safe and away from the arena. The cieling (which is 30 feet above the ground) is lined with sharp stalagtites due to the designs of the gym, so seismic moves and rock slides can be used to hit opponents in the air. These stones and rocks, as well as large stones found on the dirt-floor, give all Rock type moves +1 BP, as well as perfect accuracy. Large vats of water are stored in the 4 corners of the building, so water type moves are usable, but cost an addtional 3 energy to draw forth. To level the playing field to prevent easy wins for the challenger, a loud Bell is chimed at the beginning of each round to reduce the power of Psychic type moves by 1 BP.

Any takers? :D
  11. Terrador

Terrador

Taking Fire Blast vs LouisCyphre. PM teams and plants nao.
  12. Albinoloon

Albinoloon

Accepting
    One Ability
    Switch=NO
    No items
  13. Steampowered

Steampowered

Looking for an open battle

2 vs 2 Doubles
    2 day DQ
    2 recoveries, 5 chills

I will be using mid-staged mons

Arena: The Pub

A bar fight has broken out in McLearen's pub. People are bringing out Pokemon left and right to fight each other with. This means that it is possible to get in the crossfire of another battle and get hurt, though this will be left up to the imagination of the ref. The layout is fairly simple, tables and chairs are flipped over and bar stools are overturned everywhere. There is a pool table to stand on in one corner of the room. There is enough alcohol in the room to use surf and dig is enabled. Also, don't let your Pokemon get drunk.
  14. AlphaJolt

AlphaJolt

I'll accept this. Switch=YES, no items, all abilities
  15. Xav

Xav

I'll take you on.
    Switch= Nope
    Abilites= All
    Items= None

Ref anyone?
  16. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

So unpopular ;_;

E: If it helps, you can use a first- or second-stage mon instead of one of the one-stage mons, but I'll still be using two.
  17. rickheg

rickheg

I'll ref this. Expect VMs asking for teams shortly
  18. DarkSlay

DarkSlay Thanks O-Breezy.
    is a Pre-Contributor

I'll take this, using non-evolving Pokemon. It is a training battle:

[13:55:14] <%Alchemator> post saying it's a training battle
    [13:55:16] <%Alchemator> that is, quote me saying it

No Items
    Switch = KO
    All Abilities
  19. Objection

Objection

Accepting Alch vs Darkslay. Here's the arena:

Strong Badia (open)
    [​IMG]

A 20ft-by-30ft field with a white picket fence along the edges. There is also a tyre leaning on the fence and a stop sign with graffiti on it leaning on a cinder block. There is no external water source for moves like Surf, Muddy Water and Soak. Apart from that, everything else can be used.
  20. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I challenge DarkSlay!

One of those practice battles that have become popular
    3v3 Doubles
    2/5 Chill/Recover
    2 Day DQ

Arena: ...I am so bad with coming up with arenas. How about this: a field. There are some trees off to one side, and a lake on the other. The center area is mostly flat. Basically, anything is allowed.
  21. DarkSlay

DarkSlay Thanks O-Breezy.
    is a Pre-Contributor

Challenge accepted!

No Items
    Switch = KO
    One Ability
  22. Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Blazikenmaster-Zeo

I'll ref the above, pm the teams lol
  23. Maxim

Maxim

Well, I need some training for some of my pokes.

2v2 Doubles
    5 chills/ 2 recoveries
    1 Day DQ/ 2 Days for Refs
    Arena can be chosen by the challenger
    Unevolved pokes only folks! (though they can be of any rarity)
  24. Fire Blast

Fire Blast

Ragnarokalex still needs an opponent!
  25. Ragnarokalex

Ragnarokalex

Ill take this! I got 2 babies that need to start getting some matches in,

Switch=[​IMG]
    Items=nope
    Abilities=all
    and unfortunately im to lazy to come up with an arena so i guess its standard arena unless the ref wants to do something different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)