1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

OK I'm back so I can take this. PM me mons etc.
  2. Ragnarokalex

Ragnarokalex

Could i get a subref for this fight here? Ive only got one Action left in this fight, and i really need the counters from this fight, so if someone could step in and finish this up for me i would be forever grateful.
  3. Maxim

Maxim

One action? I'm in. Not sure how the counters work for that though ref wise.
  4. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

my standard togepi training challenge

1v1 singles
    1 day dq
    2 recoveries/5 chills
    standard arena
  5. Terrador

Terrador

Items=On because EM doesn't mind
    Abilities=None
    Switch=Togepi explodes
  6. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Lol, no.

QC rejected 1/3. Abandon all neglect of the rules, ye who enter here.

Anyways, let's see about our own challenge...

3v3 Triples (note: Please bring not-much-trained FE's, 2nd stage NFE's, or mons that will evolve upon being sent out. PReferably the latter category)
    2 recoveries/5 chills
    2 days DQ, 3 days ref DQ (please hurry...)
    Arena: The City of Gold
    A city made entirely out of well...24 karat gold! It's incredibly soft, and you'll leave footprints with every step, but it's incredibly reflective, so moves that are light-based have an additional 30% accuracy, doubled stat change effects, and 1.5x damage. The floor, strangely enough to those who don't realize this is pure, 24 karat gold, is malleable enough for Ground-types to dig through! However, nobody else can dig through the metal. It conducts electricity VERY well, preventing Electric-type attacks from being used-it simply acts as a giant grounding device. If a Fire-type move that has more than 12 base power or inflicts burn more than 30% of the time strikes the gold, it will melt, creating a pool of molten gold that burns anyone who steps in it-even Fire-types-and deals 5 damage on contact.
  7. Dummy007

Dummy007

Issuing a really specific OPEN CHALLENGE.

6 vs 6 Singles (LC Legal)
    2 recoveries / 5 chills
    2 Day Player DQ / 3 Day Ref DQ

Arena: Abilities Testing Site
    This is a specially constructed arena where all moves are allowed and the only catch is, well, that it tests abilities. When you send out a Pokemon, you may give it 3 abilities of your choosing (none of them have to be its actual abilities). The only restrictions on this are: 1) you can't choose an ability more than once over the ENTIRE match (e.g., Rattata gets Stench/Contrary/Wonder Guard, Pidgey cannot have any of those three abilities), 2) you can only choose one "really good" ability per Pokemon (Wonder Guard, Magic Guard, Multiscale, etc.), and 3) you may not give a Pokemon any ability combination that renders it immune to every attack type (e.g., you can give Tynamo Wonder Guard, but, if you do, you can't also give it Levitate).

(I would prefer to face a mono-type team, but that's up to you. I will be using one.)
  8. Gerard

Gerard

^^
    Acepting challenge, I guess MonoGrass vs MonoPsyquic should be interesting

3 Abilities (lol)
    Ok Switch
    One Item
  9. rickheg

rickheg

Okay people. We need more refs. To prove it's not hard to ref but a single match each, I'll take some of the ones on page 178.

I will likely regret taking this much at once, but maybe this will encourage more people to get involved. I'll VM all combatants. Although be aware these matches may lack flavor due to the load I'm taking.

EDIT: screw it, I'll ref the above match, too. PM me teams, Dummy, Gerard.
  10. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

Elevator music and Terrador PM me your teams. However, this will be my first match without TravelLog tutoring me so could you please increase refs DQ to two days. I probably won't need it but I just want it as a safety precaution.
  11. Ragnarokalex

Ragnarokalex

hmmm fun, can i get a subref for this match as well? Been a couple days and ive no idea where the ref went, so a quick reffing would be infinitely appreciated.
  12. Limewire

Limewire PRESS R TO WIN
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I wanna match

MATCH: 3 vs 3 Doubles
    DQ: 3 Days
    RESTRICTIONS: 2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
    POKEMON: I will use NFE and mid-evo mons, and maybe Pokemon that don't evolve (like Lapras, Dunsparce, Heracross, etc.), so please use similar Pokemon.

ARENA: A Mario Kart stadium!

13. Frosty

Frosty
    is a Community Contributor

Sure.

Will post round in a couple hours.
  14. Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Postin up a 3v3 Singles match
    2 recovers/5 chills
    2day DQ
    Arena: Unstable energy plant- every turn all pokemon on the field will be hit for 5 points of damage by the energy that is pouring out from the plant. also theres a 5% chance the plant will explode and deal half of the hp of both pokemon.
  15. Korski

Korski Distilled, 80 proof
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributor

Accepting!

Abilities=ALL
    Items=OFF
    Switch=OK
  16. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

will ref Zeo vs Korski(If they want an apprentice ref under the guidance of Alchemator)
  17. rickheg

rickheg

I have entirely too many NFE's to pick from, so I'll take you on.

All abilities
    Switch=OK
    Items=we're given them, so let's not bring our own
  18. Korski

Yeah I'll ref this one. PMs...
  19. danmantincan

danmantincan

Sure thing.
    Switch = Forget about it!
    Items = Forget about it!
    Abilities = Forget about it! All
  20. Fire Blast

Fire Blast

POKEMON MASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-UP

Everybrought their pokemon to the battle for a battle in the Tournament arena. However, when everybody was showing off their pokemon, Groudoun was awakened!! Nobody really cared about Groudon, their pokemon were so much better. But, the rumbling of the earth casued all of them to drop their pokeballs. In the middle of the arena, lay 4 pokeballs, and each person confused about which one was theirs. None of the battlers wanted to show that they were unaware of which ball was theirs, so they confidently piked up a random pokeball, hoping to show that they could tell which one was theirs. However, a nearby Revenankh was watching, and decided to put a curse on them, so that the ball they picked would never be theirs. Everybody picked up the ball, when Groudon walked onto the Tourney arena. Everybody immediately tried to catch the Groudon, and they simply used the pokemon they picked up. Every sends out the wrong pokemon, but they still try to catch the Groudon. However, they just end up fighting with each other, showing that they are worthy to catch the Groudon.

Format: 1v1v1v1
    DQ: 2 Days
    Moves: 2 Recoveries/5 Chills
    Arena: Tournament Arena with a giant Groudon in the middle and a Revenankh wathing. The Revenankh can effect the pokemon in whatever way the ref wants, as long as it is not extremly significant, and is logical. The Groudon in the middle acts as a blockade, and his Drought ability causes it to constantly be sunny. If the Groundon takes a total of 50 damage, he will let lose an Earthquake that hits *everyone (even pokemon that would normally be immune).* (Groudon takes damage from missed attacks and multi-target attacks. To calculate the power of attacks hitting him, or attacks he uses, use the stats listed in the Data Audit thread.)

Btw, I am battler #1, the person who joins second is #2, and so on. These numbers will be used later.

Due to the nature of this battle, it does not affect W/L/T. Additionally, everybody *must bring* a strong FE pokemon so that it is fair. Everybody PMs the ref one pokemon.

Note to ref: Please use the arena
  21. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Hmm. For Blast's challenge...in.

All Abilities.
  22. Rediamond

Rediamond

1 vs 1, BST under 300 only
    0 recover, 5 chills
    DQ: 24 hours player and ref
    Arena: A field filled with tall grass.
  23. AlphaJolt

AlphaJolt

I'm in for Fire Blast's melee!
    no items
  24. Korski

Beginner Battle:

1vs1 Singles
    2-day DQ
    2 Recovers / 5 Chills
    Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Come train your young'in!
  25. Woodchuck

Woodchuck you spin mine head right round right round
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

in, guess that makes me #4
    also: how do counters work for this battle 9.9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)