Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
reffing atheno and ladys teams kthx

2v2 Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Special Condition: All attacks during first round except Sketch have no effect, do no damage, and cost no energy :D

C'mon guys an easy curbstomp, right here.
I'll take you on, DA! :D

All Abilities, No Items, Swiych=Nope
Anybody who'd like to ref?

Toast, I think darkamber canceled that battle:
Well if that's the case then I'll drop that. :c

ANYWAYS, I've got some serious last-minute training to take care of.

Challenging DarkSlay to a No-W/L/T Training battle!

3 vs 3 Triples
NFE
DQ 1 Day (or a few hours if you're an awesom ref)
Arena: Final Destination (ASB Arena but cooler and Nintendo Related. :B)

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well if that's the case then I'll drop that. :c

ANYWAYS, I've got some serious last-minute training to take care of.

Challenging DarkSlay to a No-W/L/T Training battle!

3 vs 3 Triples
NFE
DQ 1 Day (or a few hours if you're an awesom ref)
Arena: Final Destination (ASB Arena but cooler and Nintendo Related. :B)
Hooray.

No Items
All Abilities
Switch = Troll

Challenging Ragnarokalex! Sibling Rivalry shall be at its finest!

3v3 Beginner Triples
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/3 Chills
Arena: Frostbite Cave

A small tunnel that empties into a small cavern that is only barely lit by light reflecting down from ice from the surface. Except for a small patch of rock (about 10M by 10M) in the center of the cavern, the floor and walls are coated in ice, making moving around the room very difficult. There are also Icicles hanging from the ceiling of the cave, so any overly loud or seismic attacks have a chance to drop icicles on either combatant, regardless of who used the attack (percentages and damage dealt up to ref). The ground is also very hard so any non rock, ground, or steel type pokemon trying to use dig will only smash its digging apendage on the floor hurting itself. There is no source of water other than the layer of ice which cant be utilized unless it is somehow thawed. Also the ceiling is high enough that Fly and bounce can safely be used.

accepting!

Items: On
Abilities: All
Switch: Hit with a conch shell
Still looking for a ref for this, if need be we can cut it down to 2v2 Doubles for less workload

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

2v2v2v2 Melee (1 Pokemon per person at a time)
Send 2 NFE Pokemon to ref.
2 Day DQ; 4 Days for Ref
2 Recovers / 2 Chills
All Abilities
Items Off
Switch = KO

Arena: Selective Target Arena
That's right, you choose your target... kind of. The physical characteristics of this arena is identical to that of the ASB arena. Quite bland. However, there is a twist to ordering actions. At the end of your actions, you may choose to select an opponent's Pokemon as your target for that round. If your target takes more damage than you do that round, the target loses an additional 10 HP. However, if your target takes less damage than you do, you lose 15 HP. In the event that both of you take the same amount of damage, both of you take 5 points of damage. These effects can stack if multiple Pokemon choose the same target, so pick wisely!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
IAR wants a melee.

OPEN CHALLENGE

2v2v2v2 Melee (Singles)
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon

First User determines Switch Method
Second user determines Abilities
Third User determines Items
Ref determines Arena (Please no ASB Tournament Arena/Unown Soup...)

Who want's to join? I'll be using FE Mons, just so people know.

i didn't cancel toast's battle but hey whatever better mons to train than smeargle

3v3 Doubles Training (not counting toward w/l)
5 Chills, 2 Recoveries
2 Day DQ players, 3 Day DQ ref

Oddly enough, Glacier Knight and I also came up with a Capture the Flag-style battle and I am willing to ref such a battle. I checked with Fire Blast and he said it was OK for me to post our idea, so here it is:

Capture the Flag (Objection and Glacier Knight's way)

Goal

To be the first to X amount of capture points (between 1 and 5, specified by whoever issues the challenge (or in this case the first person to accept)). While knocking out all of your opponent's pokemon might help towards this goal, doing so does not result in a win.

Battle format

Capture the Flag battles can either be 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 or 6v6. All pokemon are out at the same time and all rounds last for a maximum of 2 actions. There is a red flag in the red team's side of the arena and a blue flag in the blue team's side of the arena. Which battler will be red team and which battler will be blue team is decided by RNG. There is no inherent advantage to either one; it's solely to make it easier to specify which flag you're referring to in the commands specific to Capture the Flag.

Flag Capture Mechanics

Note: all bolded commands in this section cost 5 energy and cannot be Encored, Disabled or blocked by any other moves.

A pokemon may pick up a flag if the specified flag is not currently being held by another pokemon (ie, it is either at its starting position or it has been dropped somewhere in the arena). If the pokemon picks up its own team's flag, the flag is instantly warped back to its starting position. If the flag belongs to the other team, the pokemon keeps hold of it until it either captures the flag or drops it.

While a pokemon is holding its opponent's flag, it has the option of capturing the held flag. The pokemon can only do so if its own team's flag is in its starting position. If it is, the team gains 1 capture point and the captured flag is instantly returned to its starting position.

In between picking up its opponent's flag and capturing it, the pokemon may drop it under certain circumstances. A pokemon always drops any flag it is holding upon being knocked out. The move Knock Off also causes the target to drop any flag it is holding. All other damaging moves can be used to try to knock a flag out of a pokemon's hand. The chance of a pokemon dropping a flag is equal to (3 * the attack's damage)% (eg, an attack that does 15 damage has a 45% chance of causing the pokemon to drop the flag). If, however, the move causes the pokemon to flinch, that guarantees that the pokemon drops the flag.

One other thing a pokemon can do while holding its opponent's flag is pass the flag to an ally. This command always has an 80% chance of success. If it fails, the flag lands on the arena floor.

Respawn Mechanics and Prize Information

In Capture the Flag battles, a KO'd pokemon is not permanently removed from battle. At the end of the round after it gets knocked out, the pokemon's HP and energy are restored to a certain point and the pokemon respawns. A pokemon's first respawn causes it to return to its maximum HP and energy. Subsequent respawns restore a flat 20% less HP and energy each time (so the second respawn restores 80% max HP and energy, the third respawn 60%, the fourth respawn 40% and all respawns after the fourth restore 20%).

Because of this respawning mechanic, no KO counters are awarded in Capture the Flag battles as otherwise counter farming would be too easy. Instead, pokemon are awarded Flag Counters or FC every time they successfully capture the opponent's flag. In addition, every pokemon on the winning team gets a bonus FC.
Reposting this once and once only to gauge interest.

-------

In other news, Wyverii appears to be back, so I am challenging her.

Challenging the now-back Wyverii.

2v2 singles
3 day DQ
2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Weather Simulation Chamber

A 100ft x 100ft x 100ft room made of a white metallic alloy. The east and west edges of the arena have 10-foot-wide rectangular pools of water that run the length of the arena. The floor cannot be dug through but seismic moves can be used without any problem. Weather-inducing moves and abilities cannot be used. In the middle of the arena is a machine that can generate weather upon being hit. Area of effect moves like Earthquake and Surf will always hit the machine. If the machine is hit by an attack, it will change the weather at the end of the action. The weather will be chosen at random; each weather condition apart from the current one has an equal chance of being selected. All weather conditions will last until the machine is hit again. The possible weathers are as follows (note: Overcoat and Magic Guard always protect pokemon from damage dealt by any of these weathers):
  • Clear (default): No effect.
  • Sun: Same effect as Sunny Day.
  • Rain: Same effect as Rain Dance.
  • Sandstorm: Same effect as Sandstorm.
  • Hail: Same effect as Hail.
  • Snow: Same effect as Hail except does not damage non-ice-types and does not heal pokemon with Ice Body. Also increases the base power of Powder Snow by 3.
  • Fog: Reduces the base accuracy of all moves by 25%. The move Defog will clear the fog, changing the weather to clear.
  • Acid Rain: Does 2 damage per action to all pokemon except poison-types. Weather Ball is poison-type.
  • Thunderstorm: Does 5 damage per action to all pokemon except electric- and ground-types and pokemon with Lightningrod, Volt Absorb and/or Motor Drive. Electric-type moves have their base power increased by 3. Thunder and Hurricane are 100% accurate. Weather Ball is electric-type.

Reposting this once and once only to gauge interest.

I will accept this.

EDIT: I am the first participant, so I choose the arena.

A deciduous forest known for its gentle atmosphere and serene beauty. The trees offer just the right amount of light in throughout the forest, leaving it bright enough to see, without having direct sunlight enter unpermeated.
Among the locales, there is a waterfall and clearing in the center of the forest and several small ponds scattered throughout the area.
Beginner trainers and their Pokemon often come here to play or have friendly battles with each other or the local wild pokemon.

CTF Purposes: Waterfall/grotto clearing in center of map; Small ponds randomly throughout (size/number/placement at ref's discretion); an otherwise normal forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)