1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrcRanger97

MrcRanger97

i'll take penguin's challenge, NFE alright for you?

Rules:
    One ability
    Only trainig items (amulet coin, exp share, etc.)
  2. penguin344

penguin344

Yeah, NFE is fine. Ref time.
  3. lucarioisawesome

lucarioisawesome

Anyone wants to accept this?
  4. Maxim

Maxim

Sure, I'll take that lucario.

One Ability
    Switch=no
    No items
  5. Terrador

Terrador

Challenging smashlloyd20 to a 2v2 Singles
    NFE
    2-Day DQ
    No recoveries or chills
    ASB Tournament Arena

Get some.
  6. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

oh hi

no items
    all abilities
    switch=NAH
  7. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

time to issue a challenge that will definetly keep my oppenet and i on our toes. lets have fun :)

2vs2 NFE singles
    2 day DQ battler/ 3 day DQ ref
    0 recoveries/ 2 chills
    arena: The Ref's Mind-

Field Type- Varies
    Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
    Format- Varies
    Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind:
    The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!

NOTE: the ref cannot be biased, but can do whatever they wish. be creative and lets have fun :)
  8. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

9. ToastTyrant13

ToastTyrant13

NFE you say? i CLARO QUE SI !

Items=Off
    Abilities=All
    Switch=HELLLLLLLLL NAW
  10. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

SOMEBODY

ANYBODY

HEEEELP
  11. lucarioisawesome

lucarioisawesome

anyone wants to ref my battle?
  12. Son_of_Shadoo

Son_of_Shadoo

13. Korski

Korski Distilled, 80 proof
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributor

^^ I'll ref that big one. Arcanite, SoS, PM me!

EDIT: Open Challenges

Challenge #1: Lemme try out mah Gym idea!
    GYM IDEA (open)
    Roleplay:
    [​IMG]
    The Gym Challenger is to follow the Gym Leader and his team into the mysterious Primrose Woods, which at twilight becomes home to Korski's Dark-type Gym. The Woods constitute a heavily-wooded area with several clearings scattered about and connected by rough but discernible paths through the foliage. Dotting the landscape are the tens of thousands of Evening Primroses, vibrant yellow flowers that bloom only at night, giving the Woods an almost dream-like, faint-yellow hue. Towering above them is a 30' tree line that obscures some of the moonlight that acts as the Gym's only light source, giving the Gym a twilight-level of visibility and a shadow-swept landscape. The Woods are also home to a trickling creek bed that offers an ambient backdrop to the tension and pressure of the battle and allows Water-types to move more easily throughout the Woods.

Now, this Gym Battle is unlike any other the Challenger has ever faced. Instead of facing off in an arena in a traditional fashion, the Gym Leader will send all of his Pokemon out into the Woods at once to lurk in the shadows in waiting. The Challenger must then explore the Woods from clearing to clearing in search of the Leader's Pokemon and be ready to battle when an opponent is encountered. For this reason, it is imperative that the Challenger's Pokemon be released from their Pokeballs at the start of the battle and follow closely behind their trainer throughout the match. Due to the condition of the paths that connect the various, clearings, the Challenger and his/her team must move about single-file.

Upon reaching a clearing, the Challenger will be ambushed by one or more of the Gym Leader's Pokemon. A quick reaction time is crucial here, so the Challenger will be forced to send whichever Pokemon is (are) first in line behind him/her to combat the attacker(s). Once one Round of Action is over in these encounters, the Gym Leader's Pokemon flee(s) and regroup(s), and it is up to the Challenger to continue onward deeper into the Woods. While moving from clearing to clearing, the Challenger is free to reorganize their team members in line.

GYM BATTLE

Rules:

6vs6 ??? Battle
    3-day DQ
    Infinite Recovers / Infinite Chills
    Abilities=ALL
    Items=ON
    Switch=N/A

Arena:

Primrose Woods

Field Type: Dark
    Complexity: Intense
    Format: ???
    Restrictions: Because of the travelling Roleplay element of the Arena, the moves Light Screen, Reflect, Safeguard, Mist, Lucky Chant, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Tailwind, Toxic Spikes, and Trapping moves (Whirlpool, Sand Tomb, etc.) will still work, but their effects will not carry over in-between Rounds. Stat boosts/drops, Taunt counts, etc. operate normally in-between Rounds, although a Pokemon is considered "switched out" after one Round in which the Pokemon did not directly battle.

Description:

Primrose Woods is the location of Korski's Dark-type Gym. Battles are not fought traditionally; rather, the format of the battles fought here is custom-designed for the arena itself and can be any of singles, doubles, or triples and can change often, depending on random chance. The format is decided before each Round by the referee via RNG (50% singles, 30% doubles, 20% triples), as are which Pokemon will be battling each other for the Round.

The Gym Leader's team for any given match will consist of Sableye and Zoroark and any four of the GL's other six Dark-type Pokemon. The Challenger will not know which four, however, at the start of the match; instead, he/she will discover their identities as the match goes on. All of the Gym Leader's available Pokemon will still be listed in the OP of the battle. At the start of any given Round, after the referee RNG's for the format of the Round, the referee will RNG to decide which of the GL's Pokemon will be sent out. At first, the referee will RNG amongst all of the Gym Leader's available Pokemon. Once the full team of six Pokemon are chosen by the RNG and sent into battle, however, the referee will only RNG amongst those six.

ILLUSION: Because there is a new encounter with each Round, the Gym Leader's Zoroark, when chosen by the RNG, will be able to assume multiple different Illusions over the course of the match, although Zoroark can only assume the Illusion of a teammate that has already been in that particular battle. The exception to this rule is that Zoroark can always assume the Illusion of Sableye, as it is guaranteed that Sableye will be active in the match. Whenever Zoroark is selected to be sent out into battle, the referee will PM the Gym Leader, who will respond with the desired Illusion for the referee. In cases where there are no available inactive teammates (e.g. if Zoroark is the GL's final Pokemon, or if Zoroark is one of three remaining teammates and the format for the Round is triples), Zoroark will not assume any Illusion.

The Challenger's team will consist of whichever six (6) Pokemon he/she brings to the battle. At the start of the match, the player will post his/her team in full, release them all at once from their Pokeballs, and position them #1-6 in line. At the start of any given Round, after the referee RNG's for the format of the Round, the Challenger will be forced to send out his/her Pokemon in position #1 (singles), Pokemon #1 and 2 (doubles), or Pokemon #1, 2, and 3 (triples). At this point, the Gym Leader and Challenger will be able to order Actions like normal. After every Round, the Challenger is free to reorganize their Pokemon in line.

In terms of posting, the battle will look like this:

1. OP (Gym Leader): Introduction Prose, Arena info, Rules, and Gym Leader's Team
    2. Challenger: Challenger's Team, Challenger positions team #1-6
    3. Referee: RNG's for Round format (singles, doubles, or triples), RNG's for GL's Pokemon (PM to Gym Leader if Zoroark is selected), sends out Challenger's Pokemon (#1-3)
    4. Challenger: Actions
    5. Gym Leader: Actions
    6. Referee: Referee post, Gym Leader's Pokemon flee
    7. Challenger (required): Decides whether or not to reposition team members
    8. Referee: RNG's for Round format (singles, doubles, or triples), RNG's for GL's Pokemon (PM to Gym Leader if Zoroark is selected), sends out Challenger's Pokemon (#1-3)
    9. Gym Leader: Actions
    10. Challenger: Actions
    11. Referee: Referee post, Gym Leader's Pokemon flee
    12. Challenger (required): Decides whether or not to reposition team members

Repeat steps 3-12 until there is a winner.

All the info is in there. I would prefer an experienced ref who can keep track of this match (it should be fun to ref, too, what with all the switching and hubbub), and of course anyone can accept the challenge, but be able to bring 6 of your best mons so I can best gauge how well this idea works.

Challenges #2 and #3:
    2vs2 Doubles
    2-day DQ
    Infinite Recoveries / Infinite Chills
    Arena: ASB Arena
    Pokemon restrictions: The team of 3 Pokes sent to the ref must have a Base Rank Total<50
  14. deadfox081

deadfox081

Asking for a referee here for the final time before I give up...

15. Korski

Korski Distilled, 80 proof
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributor

Okay fine I'll ref that too.
  16. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

This sounds pretty awesome. I'd love to help you try it out. Lets battle.
  17. Voldemort

Voldemort

Just wondering, why is MB and I constantly being skipped over, I really find it a bit unfair. So I guess you guys call this a BUMP on smogon.

I'm pretty sure MB has said this before but the arenas aren't that complicated, so gogogogogo refs!
  18. LouisCyphre

LouisCyphre heralds disaster.

[​IMG]
    Challenging citizen Jayjinde to 3v3 NFE Singles

2 Day Player DQ / 3 Day Ref DQ
    2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
    Standardized Arena
  19. jayjinde

jayjinde

Challenge Accepted

Switch KO
    All Abilities
    No Items
  20. Leethoof

Leethoof

LOU AND JAYJINDE PM YOUR TEAMS, FOR I AM YOUR REFEREE.

ALSO MB AND MOLDYVORT, BOTH BATTLES.
  21. MrcRanger97

MrcRanger97

Rules:
    NFE
    One ability
    Only training items

Me and Penguin still need a ref for this match.
  22. Spenstar

Spenstar

Requesting a battle in the rainforest!

In the rainforest, the air is damp and moist. Fire attacks are treated like it's raining, all the time, and selfdestruct and explosion will fail. Eviolite are everywhere in this rainforest, and will magnetically attach to any NFE, raising their defensive stats by one rank. Sleep and Burn don't happen here.

3 recovers, infinite chills. The match is 3v3 singles. I'll be waiting for you there...
  23. LouisCyphre

LouisCyphre heralds disaster.

You should probably correct your sig.

That said,
    [​IMG]
    I'll accept Spenstar's challenge as well.
  24. Spenstar

Spenstar

Sweet! *looks for a ref*
  25. Temperantia

Temperantia

CHALLENGING SPENSTAR!!!

3v3 FE Singles
    DQ 1 Day/2 for Ref
    1 Recovery/2 Chills
    Arena: Spenstar's choice

Welcome Back to ASB!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)