Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHALLENGING SPENSTAR!!!

3v3 FE Singles
DQ 1 Day/2 for Ref
1 Recovery/2 Chills
Arena: Spenstar's choice

Welcome Back to ASB!
I love you right now.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Switch = KO
No Items
All abilities

Arena: CYBERSPACE

Welcome to the digital world! The cyberspace arena is organized by tiles that glow when a Pokemon stands on them. Everything has been digitalized, including all moves. So despite the lack of power sources, all moves are legal! In addition, each Pokemon recovers 5 energy at the end of each round!

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I love you right now.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Switch = KO
No Items
All abilities

Arena: CYBERSPACE

Welcome to the digital world! The cyberspace arena is organized by tiles that glow when a Pokemon stands on them. Everything has been digitalized, including all moves. So despite the lack of power sources, all moves are legal! In addition, each Pokemon recovers 5 energy at the end of each round!
I'll ref this, I think.

2v2 Doubles Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/5 Chills
ASB Arena
I'll accept Darkamber's second training challenge, please.

Irrelevant switching.
No items.
All abilities.
LOUISCYPHRE

NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP
NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN
NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOU
NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY EXCEPT IN THIS BATTLE
NEVER GONNA SAY GOODBYE EXCEPT AFTER IT'S FINALLY OVER (which requires a helpful ref (hint hint))
AND YOU WILL FEEL GREATER PAIN THAN YOU HAVE EVER IMAGINED

Accepting

Switch=no
Items=yes
Abilities=All
Arena=
This arena is an ancient and wonderous place. The central (and only feature) is an ENORMOUS crystal in the center of the arena 20ft above the ground that glows with a special aura. The crystal mimics a random pokemon type, radiaiting that type(which is completly random) the effect of this glow gives any pokemon of the same type a bonus of one rank (1) to all of it's stats while penalizing any pokemon of a opposite type (ie, fire aura weakens grass, bug, steel, ice) the second effect strengthens any attack of the same type by adding +3 to it's BAP(it weakens attacks of the opposite type ie fire aura weakens fire, bug, steel, ice type moves) the aura switches after every round. The arena consists of a fifty(50) foot prefect circle with no walls, the ground itself is marble meaning, No digging! Going outside this 50 foot arena means a 5 hp reduction. and you're teleported directly under the crystal. the lighting is simulated daylight with the execption of dark which completly darkens the field. hopefully i don't get to many questions about this arena(because I hopefully explained it well).

looking for a begging battle.
2v2
Doubles
3 Day
2 recovery moves, 5 chills
Cascadia:
Glacier discovered this beautiful north-western paradise while on one of his many expeditions to locate new areas for asbers to battle. the area is huge, encompassing a 2000ft by 2000ft area. the seeker of the battle will be positioned in the north, while the acceptor will start in the south. to the west is a sharp incline, where a combination of a glacier and cliffside reside. the glacier sits in an indent near the center of the cliffside and due to slight melting pure water cascades down gracefully below, creating a chilly but serene lake. the waterfall is quite high, about 250 feet, so the water flies down in such a way the surrounding area is heavily but majestically misted. the mountain/glacier is climbable, and the top is surprisingly flat, with a few peaks. if battling up on the glacier be careful; it is fragile and might break, sending you down the waterfall! to the east lies an equally massive coniferous forest. pinetrees are the main composition, and though very big (40 feet to 70 feet tall), their width is small so climbing is only for the most nimble and agile pokemon. the forest is pretty dense, with a few spaces big enough for sparring. from the lake to the forest is about 200 feet. between the two arenas and every other open area is composed of short but thick canadian grass, rich with the glacier water minerals. also there are patches of dirt scattered here and there. there is a 15 mph wind blowing south, and it is very cool wind. the temperature here is a nice 55 degrees fahrenheit, and the wind chill makes it feel colder. the sun is in the middle of the sky, and the sky is clear besides for a few small clouds.
Sure, I'll take that lucario.

One Ability
Switch=no
No items

anyone wants to ref my battle?

Lucario I will ref that. Maxim and lucario, whichever of you sees this first, PM me your mons and notify your opponents.

Alright, I'm giving out a unique open challenge.

3v3 Rotation Battle
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 chills
Mid-Stage mons only (I am bringing Castform admittedly, but I just got it :/).
And now in my new and improved Normal Gym!

Virtual Arena.

Flavor:
Hidden in Opelucid City in the Unova region, there lies an old gym that was once used for Rotation Battles, but was left abandoned after some people were hurt in the gym. Maxim has renovated (and improved the safety features of) this gym, and now serves as his (possible and unlikely) gym arena. The gym puzzle generally involves two types of rotating platforms, long sword platforms that connect one place to the next, and circular shield platforms that connect to four places. Every time one platform is rotated, all the others rotate as well. The trick of the gym is to get rotate the shield platforms in such a manner that the sword platforms lead you to the gym stadium.

Arena:
At the end of the gym is a square arena about 100 meters in length with two big circular platforms in the middle. The arena is purpose built for rotation battles, but can be used for other battles sparingly. This arena has a moat for water types to swim in and for surf, but they cannot attack unless they are in the front position or else they're disqualified. Also, the water is not deep enough to Dive in, and Digging will damage the machinery under the arena. All Normal types are reinforced here, and receive the Sturdy trait (How the arena does this is a trade secret). The arena is also put under constant increased gravity, which cannot be dispelled even by the move Gravity.

Summary: No Digging or Diving, Constant Gravity effect, Normal types get sturdy trait.

So, who's up for this?

Alright, I'm giving out a unique open challenge.

3v3 Rotation Battle
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 chills
Mid-Stage mons only (I am bringing Castform admittedly, but I just got it :/).
And now in my new and improved Normal Gym!

Virtual Arena.

Flavor:
Hidden in Opelucid City in the Unova region, there lies an old gym that was once used for Rotation Battles, but was left abandoned after some people were hurt in the gym. Maxim has renovated (and improved the safety features of) this gym, and now serves as his (possible and unlikely) gym arena. The gym puzzle generally involves two types of rotating platforms, long sword platforms that connect one place to the next, and circular shield platforms that connect to four places. Every time one platform is rotated, all the others rotate as well. The trick of the gym is to get rotate the shield platforms in such a manner that the sword platforms lead you to the gym stadium.

Arena:
At the end of the gym is a square arena about 100 meters in length with two big circular platforms in the middle. The arena is purpose built for rotation battles, but can be used for other battles sparingly. This arena has a moat for water types to swim in and for surf, but they cannot attack unless they are in the front position or else they're disqualified. Also, the water is not deep enough to Dive in, and Digging will damage the machinery under the arena. All Normal types are reinforced here, and receive the Sturdy trait (How the arena does this is a trade secret). The arena is also put under constant increased gravity, which cannot be dispelled even by the move Gravity.

Summary: No Digging or Diving, Constant Gravity effect, Normal types get sturdy trait.

So, who's up for this?
You're on, brah. Really wish I knew some decent smack talk though.

Items = On
Switch = Dizzyness, but otherwise OK
1 Ability

Issuing a training battle open challenge.

1v1
Either NFE or mid stage mons. (Please choose in your acceptance post)
2 Day DQ
5 chills, 5 recovers
Arena: Deserted Ruins
Deserted Ruins
The remnants of some ancient desert dwelling society. In the center of the ruins, there is an altar. Spiritual waves can be felt emanating from this altar, and will boost the BAP of all Psychic and Dragon type moves by 2. A sandstorm is raging, and cannot be stopped. The only other weather effect that can ever come into play is sun, and if sun is summoned, the sandstorm rages simultaneously with the sun. There are 4 pillars surrounding the altar which cannot fall. The pillars are arranged in the shape of a square, with the altar in the center of the square. There are cacti around the altar, moderately far apart. There is no water in the arena, other than what can be found in the cacti. Drinking the juice from a cactus will restore 10 energy and 5 health, but touching the exterior of the cactus will deal damage equivalent to that of a typeless Pin Missile attack if direct contact is made.

TL;DR
BAP of Dragon and Psychic moves goes up 2.
Eternal Sandstorm; Sun can be summoned over top the sandstorm, and they will run concurrently.
No water.
Seismic Activity and Digging are allowed.
Plenty of Rocks.
No plants other than cacti; contact with cacti deals a typeless Pin Missile attack (complete with multiple hits) to the Pokemon making contact; cactus juice can be drank to recover 10 energy and 5 health.

Lazy copy and paste challenge is lazy.
i'll take penguin's challenge, NFE alright for you?

Rules:
One ability
Only trainig items (amulet coin, exp share, etc.)
Yeah, NFE is fine. Ref time.
Quoteception. I went there. Ref please.

Challenging Jayjinde
2v2 Doubles
LC-style
2 recovers, Infinite Chills
Arena: Cyberspace (every attacking move is legal)
With one other thing:
In this Cyberspace+, all status, Primary or secondary, will never happen.

Open challenge
2v2 Doubles
LC-style
2 recovers, Infinite Chills
Arena: Cyberspace (every attacking move is legal)
With one other thing:
In this Cyberspace+, all status, Primary or secondary, will never happen.
Challenge Accepted

Switch = OK (doesnt matter anyways)
All Abilities
Training Items only

Ok school is over for me so its time to resume ASB. I'll start with a trio of open challenges.

For all challenges, I'd like to request Items On; I only intend to use Amulet Coin and Exp Share, so it shouldn't matter if you don't have any power items.

CHALLENGE NUMBER 1
6v6 Triples
Preference for weakmons; I'm using mostly NFE's and maybe a single stage mon with all with very few counters if any. But if you don't have 6 weakmons thats fine.
1 Day DQ
2 Recs/5 Chills
The inside of a zeppelin of some sort, many kilometres in the air. It's inside, so no weather. Seismic attacks won't work, and there is no water source. In fact, in order to prevent damaging the zepellin, no multi-hit moves are allowed at all, lest we all crash and die.

CHALLENGE NUMBER 2
4v4 Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 Recs/5 Chills
A facility designed to simulate potential extraterrestrial conditions, especially regarding Gravity. The environment is an artifical recreation of another planet, featuring short grass, normal ground (so digging, seismic activity is allowed) and small pools of water (dyed pink for good measure).
At the start of each turn conditions will switch between:
High Gravity: The effects of Gravity come into effect.
Low Gravity: All Pokemon are treated as having the Levitate ability. This can not be negated in anyway (Smack Down, Gravity etc).

CHALLENGE NUMBER 3
6v6 Triples
1 Day DQ
2 Recs/5 Chills
The Arena is a beautiful lake area. Lots of freshwater, including nice waterfalls, as well as little rocky idlands and rich plant growth.
But most importantly: All Pokemon are transformed into Magikarp! They retain their movepools, but their stats, typing and ability change to that of a Neutral Natured Magikarp (with full DC).
For reference:

Magikarp
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 80
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 9

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Rattled (DW): These Pokemon are more easily frightened by Ghost-, Bug-, and Dark-typed attacks and will raise their Speed by one (1) stage when struck by attacks of those types. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

CHALLENGE NUMBER 3
6v6 Triples
1 Day DQ
2 Recs/5 Chills
The Arena is a beautiful lake area. Lots of freshwater, including nice waterfalls, as well as little rocky idlands and rich plant growth.
But most importantly: All Pokemon are transformed into Magikarp! They retain their movepools, but their stats, typing and ability change to that of a Neutral Natured Magikarp (with full DC).
For reference:

Magikarp
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 80
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 9

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Rattled (DW): These Pokemon are more easily frightened by Ghost-, Bug-, and Dark-typed attacks and will raise their Speed by one (1) stage when struck by attacks of those types. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.
Odd... love it

Training Items
Switch = ok
One ability to keep it interesting
you want it training idc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)