Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link This battle needs a subref. It's a 3v3 Singles, nothing's fainted yet, and I'm getting my ass handed to me. Come on, who doesn't want to see that?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
SMASHLLOYD20's 2K

PART THE FIRST

OPEN CHALLENGE

FEBRUARY BATTLE!!!!

I am putting out a challenge for a battle using February mechanics. All moves, abilities, etc., will follow the rules from the original compilation thread (you can find it on the very last page of the subforum). All mechanics decisions and calculations will follow the data in that thread. Both battlers must 'update' their Pokemon with old information (again, everything is in the original compilation thread). Note that this DOES reverse CAP revamps (yes, bring your Cyclohms).

YOU MAY NOT BATTLE OR REF UNLESS YOU REGISTERED BEFORE MARCH 1, 2011.

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chill
Arena: Moonlight Forest
A large clearing in a forest. The time is midnight. Trees ring the outside of the clearing.

Challenger may choose the Items and Abilities, but I am setting Switch=KO due to the differences between February switching and now.

NOTE: The one thing that does not change is that all rewards stay the same.

HAVE AT YE!

i will battle you, as a last battle

no items no switch

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
CHALLENGING TEMPERANTIA
10v10 NFE Quintuplets (5 per side)
0 Recovers / Infinite Chills
2 Day DQ; MORE FOR REF
Items Off
All Abilities
Switch=KO

Arena: Russian Roulette
Every Pokemon has suddenly decided to play Russian roulette! At the end of each round, every Pokemon will be given one gun to shoot themselves with, for a total of ten guns. One gun will deal 15 DMG, two guns will deal 10 DMG, three guns will deal 5 DMG, and four guns will do absolutely nothing. This is it.

CHALLENGING TEMPERANTIA
2 Day DQ
Items Off
All Abilities
Switch=KO

Every Pokemon has suddenly decided to play Russian roulette! At the end of each round, every Pokemon will be given one gun to shoot themselves with, for a total of ten guns. One gun will deal 15 DMG, two guns will deal 10 DMG, three guns will deal 5 DMG, and four guns will do absolutely nothing. This is it.
Confirming this

Inviting the first three trainers who apply an Open NFE Battle Royale.

1v1v1v1
2 recovers/5 chills
2 Day DQ
Switch = lol
Abilities = One
Items = Challenger who accepts match votes for or against use of items. Best two out of three votes decides this.
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Moderate
Format- All
Restrictions- No seismic activity, No weather

Plaza of Verona:
After here is like a blast back to the (far) past, for the arena is set back in Shakespearean times! the people speak like they did in shakepeare's plays, and the two clans of his classical tale romeo and juliet, the Montagues and Capulets, are out and ready to fight! the scene is the plaza of the city, which is 800 feet wide and long. int he center is a beautiful and intricate water fountain (20 feet tall, 50 feet wide and long). Now imagine the fountain is in the center of a 300 by 300 foot cobblestone circle. surrounding that circle are stairs that lead up to the rest of the arena, for the fountain and its circle are three feet lower. the whole arena is flat and even, dwarfed by the tall, ancient buildings of old italy. No weather can be induced and no seismic activity can be triggered. (this next part is up to teh ref) If the players join in with the theme and post commands like he or she is in romeo and Juliet times their Pokemon will get bonuses. (e.g Thoust raticate! thy fury pour down bladed fang with agile wit! Hyper be so for devilish fiend to vanquish!)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Boom. Open Challenge.

2v2 FE Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Quicksand Cave
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Intense
Format: All

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Natural Grass, Limited Ceiling, Constant, Unalterable Sandstorm (Except through Cloud Nine/Air Lock), No Sun, Rain, or Hail

Description:

• Constant, unalterable Sandstorm (Except through Cloud Nine/Air Lock)
  • Quicksand-filled floor means all non-Ground Pokemon that are not immune to moves like Earthquake have their speed permanently reduced by 1 stage at the end of every round while that Pokemon is active (Resets upon switch-out)
  • Ironically, because the arena floor is so soft, any Pokemon using Dig will come back out immediately unless they're suspending it.
  • Low ceiling means Fly & Bounce have their accuracy reduced to 50%

Anyone?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

1v1v1v1
2 recovers/5 chills
2 Day DQ
Switch = lol
Abilities = One
Items = Challenger who accepts match votes for or against use of items. Best two out of three votes decides this.
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Moderate
Format- All

Plaza of Verona: After here is like a blast back to the (far) past, for the arena is set back in Shakespearean times! the people speak like they did in shakepeare's plays, and the two clans of his classical tale romeo and juliet, the Montagues and Capulets, are out and ready to fight! the scene is the plaza of the city, which is 800 feet wide and long. int he center is a beautiful and intricate water fountain (20 feet tall, 50 feet wide and long). Now imagine the fountain is in the center of a 300 by 300 foot cobblestone circle. surrounding that circle are stairs that lead up to the rest of the arena, for the fountain and its circle are three feet lower. the whole arena is flat and even, dwarfed by the tall, ancient buildings of old italy. No weather can be induced and no seismic activity can be triggered. (this next part is up to teh ref) If the players join in with the theme and post commands like he or she is in romeo and Juliet times their Pokemon will get bonuses. (e.g Thoust raticate! thy fury pour down bladed fang with agile wit! Hyper be so for devilish fiend to vanquish!)
My other match seems to be ignored so I'll take it. No items.

1v1v1v1
2 recovers/5 chills
2 Day DQ
Switch = lol
Abilities = One
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Moderate
Format- All

Plaza of Verona:
After here is like a blast back to the (far) past, for the arena is set back in Shakespearean times! the people speak like they did in shakepeare's plays, and the two clans of his classical tale romeo and juliet, the Montagues and Capulets, are out and ready to fight! the scene is the plaza of the city, which is 800 feet wide and long. int he center is a beautiful and intricate water fountain (20 feet tall, 50 feet wide and long). Now imagine the fountain is in the center of a 300 by 300 foot cobblestone circle. surrounding that circle are stairs that lead up to the rest of the arena, for the fountain and its circle are three feet lower. the whole arena is flat and even, dwarfed by the tall, ancient buildings of old italy. No weather can be induced and no seismic activity can be triggered. (this next part is up to teh ref) If the players join in with the theme and post commands like he or she is in romeo and Juliet times their Pokemon will get bonuses. (e.g Thoust raticate! thy fury pour down bladed fang with agile wit! Hyper be so for devilish fiend to vanquish!)
K, no items.

1v1v1v1
2 recovers/5 chills
2 Day DQ
Switch = lol
Abilities = One
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Moderate
Format- All

Plaza of Verona:
Count me in, No Items

I can sub-ref this! Let me head on over and take care of it. :3

Also, I'm putting up an open challenge of my own!

Battle Type: 3v3 Singles
DQ Time: 3 Days
Restrictions: 2 recovers/5 chills, no weather moves/abilities
Music: Maplestory - Kamuna; various others as the battle progresses
Arena: Time Traveller's Forest

Field Type: Diverse
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. A river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide, and sunlight flutters softly down onto this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena so special?

Time Travel.

At the end of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate (Schroeder's Cat Principle. It's Quantum Physics, hard to explain). The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire Moves enjoy a +2BP Boost, while Water Moves suffer a -2BP Boost. In adition, all pokemon unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron under the harsh street lamps of the Big City. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel, Poison and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also be treated as if they have Dry Skin.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Volcanic Pile: From out of the ashes I leap! The volcano has long since died down, but its scar against the countryside is left forever. The ground is rocky and loose, giving all direct damaging attacks a 1/10 of outright failing, with the exception of Flying, Rock, Ground or Levitating Pokemon.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 50% more effective, and will work with their maximum level of effectiveness (even Sythesis/Morning Sun). This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon's Attack and Special Attack Ranks are halved, rounded up.
- 1994 Kanto: Taking it way back, when Pokemon was just ≈150. Long before the Physical/Special Split, Abilities, Items and Natures, there was these 16-bit trees and the most catchy music in the world. If you haven't worked out what the conditions are, look it over.

And any other little place that may pop into the Ref's head, as long as it's simple.

I plan on using my NFEs and prefer fighting someone with NFEs, but like all of my battles I'll eagerly take on all comers.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

1v1v1v1
2 recovers/5 chills
2 Day DQ
Switch = lol
Abilities = One
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Moderate
Format- All

Plaza of Verona: After here is like a blast back to the (far) past, for the arena is set back in Shakespearean times! the people speak like they did in shakepeare's plays, and the two clans of his classical tale romeo and juliet, the Montagues and Capulets, are out and ready to fight! the scene is the plaza of the city, which is 800 feet wide and long. int he center is a beautiful and intricate water fountain (20 feet tall, 50 feet wide and long). Now imagine the fountain is in the center of a 300 by 300 foot cobblestone circle. surrounding that circle are stairs that lead up to the rest of the arena, for the fountain and its circle are three feet lower. the whole arena is flat and even, dwarfed by the tall, ancient buildings of old italy. No weather can be induced and no seismic activity can be triggered. (this next part is up to teh ref) If the players join in with the theme and post commands like he or she is in romeo and Juliet times their Pokemon will get bonuses. (e.g Thoust raticate! thy fury pour down bladed fang with agile wit! Hyper be so for devilish fiend to vanquish!)
My other match seems to be ignored so I'll take it. No items.
K, no items.
Count me in, No Items

4 people, ref it up!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Boom. Open Challenge.

2v2 FE Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Quicksand Cave
Field Type: Ground

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Natural Grass, Limited Ceiling, Constant, Unalterable Sandstorm (Except through Cloud Nine/Air Lock), No Sun, Rain, or Hail

Description:

• Constant, unalterable Sandstorm (Except through Cloud Nine/Air Lock)
  • Quicksand-filled floor means all non-Ground Pokemon that are not immune to moves like Earthquake have their speed permanently reduced by 1 stage at the end of every round while that Pokemon is active (Resets upon switch-out)
  • Ironically, because the arena floor is so soft, any Pokemon using Dig will come back out immediately unless they're suspending it.
  • Low ceiling means Fly & Bounce have their accuracy reduced to 50%

Anyone?
I....will...beat IAR...eventually
Accepted.
Switch=OK since you love it so much
Items=No
Abilities=All
Very well Leethoof. Now we need a ref to start this thing!

IAR, Leethoof. PM Teams.
Dummy007, Gerard, Do the same.

I can sub-ref this! Let me head on over and take care of it. :3

Also, I'm putting up an open challenge of my own!

Battle Type: 3v3 Singles
DQ Time: 3 Days
Restrictions: 2 recovers/5 chills, no weather moves/abilities
Music: Maplestory - Kamuna; various others as the battle progresses

Field Type: Diverse
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. A river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide, and sunlight flutters softly down onto this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena so special?

Time Travel.

At the end of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate (Schroeder's Cat Principle. It's Quantum Physics, hard to explain). The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire Moves enjoy a +2BP Boost, while Water Moves suffer a -2BP Boost. In adition, all pokemon unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron under the harsh street lamps of the Big City. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel, Poison and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also be treated as if they have Dry Skin.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Volcanic Pile: From out of the ashes I leap! The volcano has long since died down, but its scar against the countryside is left forever. The ground is rocky and loose, giving all direct damaging attacks a 1/10 of outright failing, with the exception of Flying, Rock, Ground or Levitating Pokemon.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 50% more effective, and will work with their maximum level of effectiveness (even Sythesis/Morning Sun). This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon's Attack and Special Attack Ranks are halved, rounded up.
- 1994 Kanto: Taking it way back, when Pokemon was just ≈150. Long before the Physical/Special Split, Abilities, Items and Natures, there was these 16-bit trees and the most catchy music in the world. If you haven't worked out what the conditions are, look it over.

And any other little place that may pop into the Ref's head, as long as it's simple.

I plan on using my NFEs and prefer fighting someone with NFEs, but like all of my battles I'll eagerly take on all comers.
And I'll ref this when it gets a challenger. =]

CHALLENGING TEMPERANTIA
2 Day DQ; MORE FOR REF
Items Off
All Abilities
Switch=KO

i hate life

let's throw mine out the window shall we

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Who want's a battle?

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: TELEPORTATION!
Field Type: Variable
Complexity: Variable
Format: Variable

Restrictions: Variable

Description: Yes, you better believe it! At the end of every round (And at the beginning of the match), the referee will roll a number between 0* & however many arena's there are in the arena compendium thread (Each representing an arena in the Arena Compendium Thread in chronological order). Whichever number you roll, for the next round, the battle will take place on that arena. Its as simple as that.

*0 represents the ASB Tournament Arena.

Concept Arenas don't count, either.

Anyone willing to battle?

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
3v3 Triples or 2v2 doubles, acceptors choice
Items on for amulet coin and exp share and stuff
5 chill 2 recovers
NFE, or FE training

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
^Texas already accepted, sorry.^

Who want's a battle?

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: TELEPORTATION!
Field Type: Variable
Complexity: Variable
Format: Variable

Restrictions: Variable

Description: Yes, you better believe it! At the end of every round (And at the beginning of the match), the referee will roll a number between 0* & however many arena's there are in the arena compendium thread (Each representing an arena in the Arena Compendium Thread in chronological order). Whichever number you roll, for the next round, the battle will take place on that arena. Its as simple as that.

*0 represents the ASB Tournament Arena.

Concept Arenas don't count, either.

Anyone willing to battle?
Let's go Random, I'm using NFE's though.

no items, all abilities, 2 rec/chills
Now, who wants to have a go at reffing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)