1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMogRunner

    TheMogRunner

    Joined:
    May 4, 2011
    Messages:
    637
    Open Challenge!

    1v1 singles
    2 Day DQ
    1 Sub
    1 Recoveries/3 Chills
    Arena:
    A big forest, giant trees are covering the sky from view restricting flying very high and stopping sky attack completely. The place is crawling with bug type Pokemon (There is a 40% chance for a missed attack to hit a bug and have it call to a Beedrill to attack your Pokemon for 8 damage). In Addition, it is night making it VERY hard to see(-5% Acc).

    Restricted moves: Sky Attack, Fly, Dive, Surf
    Grass and Dark moves get +1 BAP
  2. C$FP

    C$FP

    Joined:
    May 6, 2011
    Messages:
    4,715
  3. The Royal Guard

    The Royal Guard

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1,495
    Can Iz join that Royale Engineer?
  4. Blazikenmaster-Zeo

    Blazikenmaster-Zeo

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,507
    I'll take both CSFP and MogRunner's battles The rules are the same

    No switching
    All abilities
    No items
  5. UllarWarlord

    UllarWarlord

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2011
    Messages:
    2,674
    EDIT: Actually, dropping out to keep my other match open.
  6. Lady Salamence

    Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,947
    In for engi's if possible
  7. Flamestrike

    Flamestrike

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2009
    Messages:
    849
    Challenging deadfox081 to a match!

    6v6 Singles
    NFEs only (middlemons OK)
    Switch=OK
    3 day DQ
    2 recovers/5 chills
    Arena: The type changing arena! (thanks Engineer!)
    It's the standard arena, except somebody has implanted a strange device in the middle of the field! For the duration of the first round, this device is off. After the end of each round, though, it beeps and suddenly alters the elemental makeup of the arena, giving certain benefits to certain types and detriments to some other ones. Each time the makeup is altered, a random type is chosen. All attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for super-effective damage have 2 more BAP, while all attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for not very effective or zero damage have 2 less BAP.

    I'll let him choose the rest (items, abilities, subs)
  8. Dummy007

    Dummy007

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2,905
    Two things:

    1) The battle here still needs a ref.

    2) This post is still accurate.
  9. LouisCyphre

    LouisCyphre heralds disaster.

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Messages:
    2,618
    Already agreed to ref Flamestrike's "giant" match.
  10. King Serperior

    King Serperior

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    3,029
    I challenge someone to a Beginner's Battle!! Please take note that this is my first match.

    3v3
    Singles
    3 Day DQ
    0 recovery moves, 5 chills

    Arena: The Randomizer at the ASB arena!

    This is the standard arena for ASB, but with a twist!

    The Randomizer is a small disk that randomly applies different effects. Each effect has an = chance for activation at the end of each round. The match begins with effect 5 in place.

    The effects:
    1). The moat around the arena becomes frozen. Any pokes in the water when this happens is completely immobilized unless they melt the ice. It unfreezes after a round has been finished
    2). A Flock of Togekiss land close by and cause all added effects to be doubled.
    3). A Chansey runs out, uses Heal Bell, and runs back.
    4). Gravity is activated in the Arena
    5). All other Randomizer effects disappear this round

    Note: whoever refs this should make this interesting :)
  11. Ziposaki

    Ziposaki

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2011
    Messages:
    617
    1v1 Training NFE Singles
    1 Day DQ
    0 Chill/Recoveries
    Tournament Arena
  12. deadfox081

    deadfox081

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    Messages:
    4,133
    Accepting!

    Lets go with All abilities, No items, 2 subs.
  13. Dogfish44

    Dogfish44 Banned from 22 Casinos
    is a Forum Moderator
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1,012
    1v1 Training Singles - Strong FE
    1 Day DQ
    ASB Arena
    0 Recovers
    0 Chills

    Items preferably enabled for training or fully on, but your choice.
  14. TheMogRunner

    TheMogRunner

    Joined:
    May 4, 2011
    Messages:
    637
    droping my challenge to accept the king of Serponstuff!
    No switch
    No items
    All abilities

    I will use weak mons
  15. King Serperior

    King Serperior

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    3,029
    ^guessing that is me?
  16. Its_A_Random

    Its_A_Random Solves issues recursively
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2010
    Messages:
    2,315
    Yes KS, he's referring to you, & I'll ref you two. Expect a PM in a few minutes (Don't send me your teams until you receive the PM).
  17. Ice-eyes

    Ice-eyes Simper Fi

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1,658
    The Most Boring Challenge Ever
    Beginner Battle
    3v3 Singles
    ASB Arena
    2 Subs
    2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
  18. King Serperior

    King Serperior

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    3,029
    Because I was told that I could have two matches going at once by the guy, I'll accept Ice Eye's challenge!!

    No switches (because it seems to be the standard)
    No items (because I have zip)
    All abilities (I have a feeling that I'll need 'em)
  19. Leethoof

    Leethoof

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2011
    Messages:
    2,450
    Open Challenge

    2v2 Doubles
    Weak Fully Evolved mons
    2 Day DQ
    Arena: Nothing too biased or complex, but Acceptor / Ref's choice
  20. The Wanderer

    The Wanderer

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2011
    Messages:
    2,790
    I'll take this. PM me your critters.
  21. Blazikenmaster-Zeo

    Blazikenmaster-Zeo

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,507
    and!

    Need Refs please
  22. Yarnus of Bethany

    Yarnus of Bethany

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2010
    Messages:
    2,065
    5v5 doubles
    1 day DQ
    NFEs
    Unown Soup (2 of each letter)
    0 reCoveries /2 chill s
    One problem day on which DQ is extended to 3 days.
  23. dragonboy52

    dragonboy52
    is a Contributor Alumnus

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1,986
    kk
    items: training
  24. TheMogRunner

    TheMogRunner

    Joined:
    May 4, 2011
    Messages:
    637
    Droping my match with Blaziken-Master Zeo

    to grab fight Leetfoot, ref can choose arena
    Trainer items
    switch= ha ha
    All abilities
  25. King Serperior

    King Serperior

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    3,029
    As I can have a max of 3 matches at once, I Challange waterwarrior to a Beginner's battle in the Danger Room!!!

    3v3 singles
    0 recoveries/ 5 chills
    1 sub
    3 day DQ time

    The arena!!!!

    Show Hide

    We will fight in the Danger Room of the X-Men!!!

    The arena begins as a normal artificial battlefield. No digging, no grass, no water. It is lit up pretty well, so acc gets a 10% increase.

    Unfortuantly, Logan (read Wolverine) has been drinking and is in a sadistic mood today. He will change the room at his will!!

    Here is what he will change:
    1). An endless fall through the sky. Unless you can fly or have psychic powers, dodging is almost immpossible!
    2). Omaha Beach: blood, bullets, salt water, ally soldiers, Nazis, and lots of sand and bodies. The water is too dangerous to go into, so no swimming. At the end of each action, one of the following happens: 10% chance of a mortar strike (20 damage), 50% chance of bullet strikes (5 damage), and a 40% chance of nothing happening.
    3). Juggernaut is rampaging in a park. Grass and water (in a fountain). There is a swingset and a slide as well as monkey bars. At the end of the round, 50% chance of Juggernaut striking you for 25 damage.
    4). The system malfunctions and send us to the Digital World!! This is in the Ref's hands about what happens now D: at the end of round 4, there is a 45% chance for us to be transported back to the starting portion of this battle. Then the cycle begins again!

    Each area changes at the end of each round. Areas 1-3 have a 30% chance of activating.
    Area 4 has a 10% chance of activating.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)