1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty
    is a Community Contributor

Looking for a quick battle..

Open Challenge:
    2vs2 NFE Doubles
    Training Battle
    Arena: Glacier's Chaos Valley. A dark, deep chasm like arena. The power being released here is malevolent, and all Pokemon gain bizarre attributes. Attack and Special attack ranks increase by 2 (ex rank 3 attack is rank 5 attack for the battle). Defense and Special Defense ranks decrease by 1 (ex rank 4 special defense is rank 3 special defense for the battle).
    1 day DQ
    Items: Training
    5 Chill /2 Recovery
    Subs: 2
    Abilities: One
  2. Gerard

Gerard

Ok, let's do this
  3. Ragnarokalex

Ragnarokalex

OK, so i need to keep fights rolling, so we shall issue an old favorite:

6v6 Brawl
    2 Day Player DQ/3 Day Ref DQ
    Items:Training
    2 Chill/2 Recovery
    Subs: 3 to spread among your team in whichever way you wish, not counting KO Subs
    Abilities: All
    Arena: ASB Arena for ref sanity, if the ref would like to pick up a different arena they may do so, but its their call.
  4. Objection

Objection

Objection is in the mood for a fairly quick battle.

2v2 doubles
    2 recovers/5 chills/2 substitutions
    20-30 move FEs (or you can bring NFEs but I'll be bringing FEs)
    3-day DQ
    Arena: Protegas' Sanctuary
    Protegas' Sanctuary (open)
    A 50ft-by-50ft stone temple for the relatively unknown deity Protegas that provides protection to those who seek it. The room is lit by torches that provide ample light. There is a fountain in one of the walls that provides a water source for moves like Surf. Although the arena is set indoors, the roof is ruined enough to allow weather moves to work. Despite being ancient, the temple still has a relatively strong structure that allows seismic moves like Earthquake to be used. The floor can be dug through as well and, over the centuries, some plant life has broken through the floor, allowing non-grass-types to use moves like Grass Knot.

At the beginning of every round, Protegas will protect any pokemon he feels is being ganged up on. A pokemon is considered to be ganged up on if it is targeted by:
    • At least four enemy single-target moves
    • Three enemy single-target moves and at least two enemy multi-target moves
    • Two enemy single-target moves and four enemy multi-target moves
    • Six enemy moves, whether they are single-target, multi-target or a combination of the two
    Note: this is done by the commands issued and stuff like Encore and Disable changing a pokemon's moves will not affect this, but substitutions will. Substitutions cannot be made based on whether or not an opponent's pokemon gets the barrier.

Any pokemon that meets any of those criteria will be given a protective barrier for that round. The barrier is treated as a 20 HP typeless pokemon with the same rank defences as the pokemon it is protecting. The barrier protects the pokemon from all effects of enemy attacks and will disappear once it runs out of HP, is hit by two enemy non-damaging moves or at the end of the round, whichever comes first. The barrier will not protect from any spillover damage (so an attack that does 25 damage will destroy the barrier and do 5 damage to the target). The barrier will not protect a pokemon from allied attacks that hit it, nor will it be affected by allied attacks. In battles with more than one active pokemon per team, a last pokemon standing will always receive Protegas' barrier at the start of a round unless every team is down to its last pokemon.
  5. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

These still need refs.
  6. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

ullar is reffing us, aops. =.=
  7. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

Objection, time for a re-match!
    All abilities
    Items On
  8. Gerard

Gerard

Filling in :3
  9. danmantincan

danmantincan

4v4 NFE Doubles
    2 Day DQ
    Abilities: All
    Items: Training
    Substitutions: 2
    2 Recoveries/5 Chills
    Arena: You can chose (not ASB Arena)
  10. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

Reffing above.
  11. Objection

Objection

I don't remember battling you before so it wouldn't really be a "re"-match, but OK.
  12. Complications

Complications

Objection and Yarnus, what type will your battle be? I may ref depending on how you decide.
  13. Objection

Objection

I already specified it was a 2v2 doubles. I even used an arena that doesn't work at all in singles.
  14. Complications

Complications

Oh sorry I though Yarnus' was the original challenge. Unfortunately I do not believe I have a time for a doubles battle, so I'll have to decline reffing. Sorry :/
  15. yoshinite

yoshinite

Yarnus and Objection, PM Mons Please
  16. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Me. I choose as arena

"The Ref's Mind!"
  17. danmantincan

danmantincan

So since a bunch of stuff got changed between Texas and AOPS' battle that I will be reffing, I'll just post all the new stuff here and have them confirm.

4v4 Doubles
    Items: On
    Arena: ASB Arena
    2 Chills, 5 Recoveries
    2 Day DQ
    All Abilities
    2 Subs
  18. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

19. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

Confirming dan.
  20. Matezoide

Matezoide

4 vs 4 Doubles.
    2 FE (Must not have more than 35 moves) and 2 LC per side.
    2 Subs per pokemon
    Training Items
    3 Recovers/5 Chills
    2 Day DQ
    All abilites
    Shape-Shift Arena.
    Switch = Ok
    Shape-Shift (open)

Arena: Shape-shifting Arena
    Field Type: Varies
    Complexity: Medium
    Format: All

Restrictions: Varies.

Ref Instructions:
    At the beginning of the match, a random field will be selected from the options below. Every time a Pokemon is fainted, the arena will change again at the end of the round. If more than one Pokemon faints in the same round, then the arena will change only once. Each arena has an equal chance of being chosen. Once the arena changes, all Pokemon will automatically teleport to the center.

The arena is 50 feet wide and 70 feet long. At the beginning of the match, and after a Pokemon is KO'd, the arena can change into the following:

Grass / Standard: The arena is covered with soft grass. The soil is loamy, and Pokemon can dig on it. There are no water source.

Desert
    : This arena has sand all over it, with a few sand dunes here and there. Although it is possible to dig in the sand, Pokemon who are not of the Ground, Rock, or Steel types may find this a bit difficult. In the center of the arena, a small oasis appears. This oasis is 15 feet deep and 10 feet in diameter. That is not a lot of water, so trainers are advised to use Surf carefully!

Water: This arena is almost completely underwater! There is about 10 feet of space from each side of the arena that is not underwater. In addition, there are three "islands", each with a radius of 10 feet, that are not underwater either. One "island" is at the center of the arena. The other two "islands" are 20 feet directly north and south, respectively, from this center "island". Since these "islands" are made from concrete, it is impossible to use Dig on them. The water itself is 40 feet deep.

Winter: The whole arena is covered with snow. The snow is about 6 feet deep. There is a frozen lake at the center of the arena, 15 feet deep and 30 feet in diameter. In addition, it is also snowing (not hailing), somewhat lowering visibility. Weather moves are permissible, though it will start to snow again once the weather effect is over.
  21. LockDown

LockDown

Mine
  22. danmantincan

danmantincan

4v4 Doubles
    2 Day DQ
    2 Subs
    All Abilities
    Items On
    0 Recoveries/Unlimited Chills
    Switch = OK
    Arena: Pokemon Stadium
  23. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Leader

challenging texas to a 1v1 nfe

standard stuff
  24. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh

25. The Royal Guard

The Royal Guard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)