1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Well isn't that interesting. I'll ref Box and rick and accept rickheg's other match
  2. Frosty

Frosty =_=
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I need to train against strong players so I accept.

Doubles.

Whatever = Standard.
  3. TIO

TIO

I have an open battle slot, therefore:
    3v3 singles
    1 FE, 2 NFE
    Yay switching
    All of the recoveries and chills and abilities
    Training items
    2 subs
    Arena (open)

Hephaestus's Forge
    This is a battle inside one of the Greek god of fire and smithing's forges, which is in a volcano. As such, it is HOT and a pseudo-sunny day is always up, with it's effects changing other weather effects (Rain Dance neutralizes, Hail becomes rain, Sandstorm is both sandstorm and sun, sun doubles effects (Solarbeam's power becomes 18)) This heat also causes -2 BAP to ice-typed moves. Due to the amazing technology is such a place, all Steel-types gain +1 rank in any two stats of their choice, with +30 base speed being one of them. The legendary aura from Hephaestus's presence gives all Dragon-typed pokemon +1 BAP to all attacks, -1 BAP to all incoming attacks, and all Dragon-typed moves gain +1 BAP. The battle takes place on steel platforms and rocky ledges, and as such, fighting pokemon can be shoved into the lava for 15 fire-typed damage (altered by resistance) and lose a turn climbing out, and there are a few more RPing actions available. Seismic activity has a 30% chance to break the platform you are currently on, letting lava soak in and making everything on the platform take a dunk in lava. It may also cause some rocks to fall from above, hitting all pokemon for 15 rock-type damage (affected by resistance). Dig and Dive will give your pokemon a nice lava bath. There is no water source and no nearby life.
  4. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

Ref please?
  5. Espeon65

Espeon65

Taking TIO's battle. I think you got everything.

I'll ref AOPSUser vs. Box, PM mons.
  6. Objection

Objection

Objection has two battle slots and is going to fill one of them with a Halloween-themed battle.

4v4 singles
    NFEs and weak FEs (ie, < 25 moves)
    3-day DQ
    2 substitutions
    2 recovers/5 chills
    Arena: Trick or Treat

Trick or Treat (open)
    With Halloween right around the corner, the trainers will be going trick-or-treating and their pokemon are coming with them. The suburbs provide rock sources and grass sources in the form of trash cans and front yards respectively, but no water sources.

Whenever a pokemon is sent out for the first time, the trainer must decide which creature-of-the-night-themed costume it will wear. Each trainer can only use each costume once. The costumes have various effects as follows:
    • Devil: All of the pokemon's damaging moves have a 10% burn chance in addition to their usual effects. If the move already has a burn chance, that burn chance is increased by 10%.
    • Frankenstein's Monster: The pokemon's starting energy and maximum energy are increased by 20.
    • Mummy: Whenever the pokemon uses a partial trapping move, the move has no maximum duration and does not require focus to maintain. In addition, the pokemon gains the move Wrap if it doesn't already know the move.
    • Skeleton: All damaging moves have their BAP reduced by 1 against the pokemon. If the pokemon flinches, this reduction is increased to 2 until the pokemon next acts.
    • Vampire: Whenever the pokemon uses Bite, Crunch or any move with the word "Fang" in its name, the move's energy cost (prior to STAB) is increased by 50% and rounded up to the nearest whole number, and the move restores HP equal to 50% of the damage dealt.
    • Werewolf: Whenever the pokemon uses a multi-hit move that makes contact with the opponent, the energy cost, minimum number of hits and maximum number of hits are increased by 1. In addition, if the pokemon uses Moonlight, it heals an extra 5 HP.
    • Witch: Whenever the pokemon uses a special Ghost- or Dark-type move, the secondary effect chance of the move is doubled. If the move has no secondary effect, or if its secondary effect has a 100% chance of occurring, the move's BAP is increased by 2.
    • Zombie: The pokemon's starting HP and maximum HP are increased by 20.
  7. DFrog

DFrog

I can do it!
    Switch = OK
    Training Items
    All Abilities
  8. deadfox081

deadfox081

Okay Objection, I'll take that one. A good excuse to use some of my newer and lesser used FEs.

Switch = OK
    Items = OFF
    Abilities = All

EDIT: Or maybe I'm too late
  9. Objection

Objection

Actually, you know what, since I have two slots and can find eight mons to train, I'll take on both of you.
  10. King Serperior

King Serperior

Look, I've had a rough couple of months due to College and similar irl issues. As such, I have been told that many of you think I have abandoned you all. That is not so. As you can see, I am officially back and ready for action!!!

3v3 singles or 4v4 doubles
    Training
    No FEs, though weak middle stage/single stage mons are a yes, but no more than 2 total of those
    Switching (Foe's decision) ---- I'll be using weak first stagers

Arena: ASB arena with the following twist -> After the first round, at the start of every round, there is a 50% chance that moves with added effects will either have the effect chance Doubled or reduced to 0. This means that one of the two will always be active starting round 2.

Please, its been a while, so can this be fun? If not, remember that I have yet to read up on any changes in my absence. I thank you in advance for your paitence.
  11. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'll ref objection and deadfox
  12. Maxim

Maxim

Taking King Serperior's Challenge!

Switch=KO
    4v4 doubles
    Abilities=All
    Items=On
  13. TIO

TIO

Reffing King vs Maxim
  14. Complications

Complications

Challenging my friend King Serperior to a 4v4 Babysitter Match (3 NFE, 1 FE, Doubles)
    Switch: KO
    Items: Anything
    Abilities: All
    Arena: my personal favorite, Unown Soup

15. yoshinite

yoshinite

Me vs. Gerard (is at top of page 464) still needs a ref........
  16. King Serperior

King Serperior

Accepting Comp's challange. Hmm......Have I fed Bane recently? Is King wanting swimming practice? Is Firestorm assorted to Noodles? Find out who I choose :D
  17. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

So I think there's still one open. I'll take this, singles. PM'ing mons to box.
  18. Box

Box

I've dropped this battle some time back, sorry if you didn't see it AOPS. My slots are full now anyway.
  19. Box

Box

I will be reffing this. PM me mons.

I'll ref this too then.
  20. UllarWarlord

UllarWarlord

LET'S PUT OUT A CHALLENGE FOR ME TO REF, AND TWO BATTLERS ACCEPT IT!

1v1 FE Singles
    2 Day DQ for Battlers, 3 Day DQ for ref
    No Recovers/No Chills
    Abilities = None
    No Subs
    Items = Off
    Switch = lol
    Arena:
    This one's a doozy (open)
    WORST ARENA EVER!

This arena is quite possibly the least fun arena to battle in! ...that's about it.

RULES:
    -All Pokemon's HP is doubled
    -All BAPs are halved (not including crits and the like)
    -Each Pokemon has a form of Truant. I will flip a coin to see who orders first. That person's Pokemon will act A1 and A3 of the first round. The person ordering second will only act on A2. This will keep goin for the whole battle.
    -Stat boosters are outlawed
    -Attacks such as Outrage do not lock you in, and do not leave you confused, due to the Truantness of the mons.
    -Attacks such as Giga Impact are not affected, but encouraged.

WHO IS DUMB BRAVE ENOUGH TO TAKE THIS ON?
  21. King Serperior

King Serperior

Ullar, I invite (Read challenge) you to a Bug slaughterfest!!

2v2 doubles
    I use Metapod and Kakuna. You use whatever you want.
    Switch = KO (Duh)
    All items and abilities
    2 day DQ.
  22. UllarWarlord

UllarWarlord

Um...raise the DQ to a day or two and ur on.
  23. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

I'll take one spot in the horrible arena.
  24. DFrog

DFrog

Nummy UC for any of those refs out there
  25. yoshinite

yoshinite

DFROG, I WANT SOME YUMMY UC!
    PM mons please.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)