Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Basic Battle Open Challenge
2vs2 Doubles
DQ: 2 Days
1 Recovery/3 Chills per Pokemon

Arena:

Urban Hardcourt

Urban Hardcourt is the remains of an old tennis court that has been abandoned. The surface material is clay, which can be Dug through or Earthquaked. The Arena itself is outside. The area is fenced in by your standard indestructible metal chain-link.

Basic Battle Rules:
Pokemon must be able to Evolve
Pokemon may not evolve in battle.
Combined Rarity Cost of both Pokemon cannot exceed 5.

Reffing Tort and Deck. PM teams, I'll try to get the thread up tomorrow when I get access to a computer. Also, there is not a possible way to blow the arena up, so we should be safe.

Tea Demon and I need a ref for our battle.

2v2 doubles
dq: 3 days
2 recoveries, 5 chills
arena: normal stadium
items=none
switch=KO
abilities=all

1v1 singles
dq: 1 day
2 no recoveries or chills
plain grassy field with nothing else

gotta test a new guy or something yepyep.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge!
3 on 3
Singles
DQ: 48 hours
Arena: Saffari Zone in Kanto
Saffari Zone is the home of many rare pokemon that cannot be found anywhere else in Kanto. It is made up of tall grass, short grass, small ponds, and small rock formations. As it is the home to many pokemon, they do not like being disturbed. If an attack misses it's intended target, a wild Pokemon will attack the user of that move dealing 10 damage. If a Pokemon decides to hide in tall grass, water, or in the rocks, they get 10% extra evasion, but there is a 10% chance that they will be attacked by a wild Pokemon, which is also 10 damage.

Special Requests: I would like an active opponent and also an active referee please. I will be on a lot in the next few days. Also, this is pre-evos only. I'm not using my Dragonair.
I accept
Switch=ok (lol)
Items=no
Abilities=one
Okay, reffing. PM teams!

Bumping for Doran Dragon.

4 person multi battle, allowed 3 pokemon to each person, one evo allowed
DQ: 4 days
10 recoveries/10 chills
Switch = No switch except under exception; When one pokemon faints, each player switches to a new pokemon.

Stage: Final Fantasy's Glory Field

The location is in a city divided into four parts. The battle takes place in the center of teh city where all four parts are accessable. The four parts represent a different City in four different Final Fantasy games. The part that is to the top left of the field is a representation of old Zanarkand before sin's attack from FFX. The part that is to the top right of the field represents Rabanastre from FFXII. The part that is to the bottem right of the field is a representation of Cocoon from FFXIII. Finaly, the last part that is to the bottem left of the field is a representation of Edge from FFVII.

throught these cities lurk many characters and monsters from each repsective game. if you move throughout the city, you may and probably will end up meeting these characters.

Old Zanarkand:
30% Tidus: Casts Haste on slowest pokemon on the field raising their speed by 50%
30% Sinscale: Deals 5-10 water physical damage to each pokemon on the field
20% Auron: Protect's pokemon with lowest Hp from one attack
10% Sinspawn Ammes: Casts Demi, which does ??? special damage to all pokemon equal to 1/4 of their current health

Rabanastre:
30% Vaan: Casts Slow on the fastest pokemon on the field lowering their speed by 25%
30% Imperial Swordsman: Deals 10-15 rock physical damage to one pokemon
20% Penelo: Casts Cure, Healing the pokemon with the lowest hp for 1/4 it's current hp
10% Belias, the Gigas: Uses Hellfire to deal 15-25 fire special damage to all pokemon

Cocoon:
30% Lightning: Uses Ruin to deal 5-10 psychic special damage to the pokemon with the lowest Sp.Def
30% PSICOM Infiltrator: Deals 5-10 electric physical damage to the pokemon with the lowest Def
20% Sazh: Casts Faith on the pokemon with the highest sp.atk, raising their sp.atk by one * and Bravery on the pokemon with the highest atk, raising their atk by one *
10% Manasvin Warmech: Deals 15-25 steel physical damage to all pokemon

Edge:
30% Cloud: Casts Armor and Shell on all pokemon. All pokemon have effects of Reflect and Light Screen
30% Behemoth: Deals 5-10 dark physical damage to one pokemon
20% Tifa: Casts Heal on all pokemon, curing any status problems they may have
10% Bahamut: Uses Mega Flare to deal 15-25 normal special damage to all pokemon

All:
10% Nothing: No effect
Ill join the multi-battle. I vote for one ability, no items.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
ANOTHER OPEN CHALLENGE

4v4 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recoveries & 5 Chills per Pokemon
Switch=OK
Restrictions: No Grounded Pokemon with either a weight of at least 100kg (~220lbs) or a height of at least 1.8m (~6'), field moves like Earthquake are banned, as well as weather.

Arena: Assembly Line
Well, we're on a rather narrow conveyor belt at 3 metres wide, with 2 metres worth of solid metal at either side. The belt itself is constantly moving & it never ends, & along the way, you'll find traps that you'll have to make your way around, like torches that may burn, powerful metal hammer things that may flatten you, whatever! It's all up to the ref what hazards there are & what they do! Just make sure there are hazards at least. :)

Anyone up? An active opponent & ref will suffice, I'd love to see creativity from the ref here, whoever takes it up...

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Old challenge closed.

New open challenge!
4v4 doubles
36 hour dq, double for ref
Arena: a department store, complete with rotom appliances. There are 17 trainers waking round, one for each type, who will send out a random pokemon of their type (including legendaries) and use a random move from their movepool if struck by a stray attack.
Standard 2/5

I'll become a third in Doran Dragon's multi battle. one ability and no items is preferable.

EDIT: Nevermind, i just realized i'm full up with battles that need to be started. Sorry!

Open Challenge
2Vs.2 Doubles

The Arena is a Devon field, so guess what? It's raining.
All moves permitted, except encore

0 recovers/rests

Open Challenge
3 v 3 Singles
DQ time 3 days

Pre-Evos only

The arena is a small island. The ground is sand, and the island has three palm trees on it. Obviously, it is surrounded by water on all sides, but Pokemon are not allowed to go out farther than 30 feet into the water even if it is a Water type.

2 recoveries and 5 chills

Need a ref for myself vs Cartoons! He ain't got nothin' on me.

3v3 Singles
DQ time: 4 days
2 recovers, 5 chills
No items
One ability
Switch = OK

Arena: United Center Hockey Rink

No players, nets, etc. The ground is slippery but not wet. Melting the areans can create a little bit of water, but not much. The walls are sturdy and have been made taller to protect the audience. Obviously weather will not be able to get in, but the air is cold.

If Toons would like to change a rule or few, that's alright!

Open Challenge
3 v 3 Singles
DQ time 3 days

Pre-Evos only

The arena is a small island. The ground is sand, and the island has three palm trees on it. Obviously, it is surrounded by water on all sides, but Pokemon are not allowed to go out farther than 30 feet into the water even if it is a Water type.

2 recoveries and 5 chills
I'll take you on.

Edit: I should specify. Switch: KO, Abilities: 1, Items: No. Anyone willing to ref this?

Time to get initiated into this whole thing I guess.

3v3 Singles
DQ : 3 days
2 recovers, 5 chills
items allowed
All abilities

Arena: On the sides of a fast flowing stream in the mountains, the stream isnt too deep.
Kinda like this:

Time to get initiated into this whole thing I guess.

3v3 Singles
DQ : 3 days
2 recovers, 5 chills
items allowed
All abilities

Arena: On the sides of a fast flowing stream in the mountains, the stream isnt too deep.
Kinda like this: http://piedmontmining.com/userfiles/editor/Highlands-Mountain-Stream.jpg/img][/QUOTE]

Accepting!
You set the other stuff I suppose so
Switch=KO

4v4 Doubles
DQ: 2 days for battlers, 3 for refs
1 recovery/3 chills per pokemon
Arena: Evil Circus: It seemed like a great idea at the time, to go to the circus to have a good old friendly brawl. But then that damn evil puppet master came and ruined all the fun. Drat... but the fight must go on! At the end of each round, the puppet master will cast a tricky effect, directly attack both pokemon, or summon a wild pokemon to attack the competitors. He cannot be attack directly, but the Puppet master's attacks can be defended against.

Summary: A traveling circus with an evil puppet in the background, who will active one of the following effects at the end of each round: Use Wonder Room, Trick Room, Magic Room, use a ThunderBolt on all pokemon, use an Ice Beam on all Pokemon, use a Flamethrower on all pokemon, summon a wild Drifblimb to attack, summon a wild Houndoom to attack, or summon a Mr. Mime to attack. Each effect has the same chance of happening (1/9). The puppet master cannot be attacked.

No weather is allowed inside the circus tent, and the ground is dig-able. There are also standard items that you would expect to find in a traveling circus, such as large crates and performing pokemon in cages. I heavily encourage the ref to be creative with the crates and caged pokemon; I want this match to be fun!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
4v4 Doubles
DQ: 2 days for battlers, 3 for refs
1 recovery/3 chills per pokemon
Arena: Evil Circus: It seemed like a great idea at the time, to go to the circus to have a good old friendly brawl. But then that damn evil puppet master came and ruined all the fun. Drat... but the fight must go on! At the end of each round, the puppet master will cast a tricky effect, directly attack both pokemon, or summon a wild pokemon to attack the competitors. He cannot be attack directly, but the Puppet master's attacks can be defended against.

Summary: A traveling circus with an evil puppet in the background, who will active one of the following effects at the end of each round: Use Wonder Room, Trick Room, Magic Room, use a ThunderBolt on all pokemon, use an Ice Beam on all Pokemon, use a Flamethrower on all pokemon, summon a wild Drifblimb to attack, summon a wild Houndoom to attack, or summon a Mr. Mime to attack. Each effect has the same chance of happening (1/9). The puppet master cannot be attacked.

No weather is allowed inside the circus tent, and the ground is dig-able. There are also standard items that you would expect to find in a traveling circus, such as large crates and performing pokemon in cages. I heavily encourage the ref to be creative with the crates and caged pokemon; I want this match to be fun!
I'll take this, since nobody likes playing on an assembly line...

Switch=KO
Abilities=All
Items=No

Now for a ref...

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Old challenge closed.

New open challenge!
4v4 doubles
36 hour dq, double for ref
Arena: a department store, complete with rotom appliances. There are 17 trainers waking round, one for each type, who will send out a random pokemon of their type (including legendaries) and use a random move from their movepool if struck by a stray attack.
Standard 2/5
Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)