1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWolfe

TheWolfe

We still need a ref for this match please! It would be very appreciated! D: Thanks!
  2. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Bumping if Deck hasn't seen this.
  3. loudkirbyking

loudkirbyking

Challenging Xaqwais!

2 vs. 2 Doubles
    1 Day DQ
    2 recovers, 5 chills.
    Arena: Little Locomotive.

A square shaped map with no water. All that's in it is a giant toy train that travels in a big circle and a few giant blocks to hide behind. You can jump onto the train at any time, but no matter what you do, the train will never be stopped. Even if a Steelix tries to stop it, the train will just push it along. The soil is good for digging, but you cannot dig up the train tracks, lest the stage will crumble into nothing. Also, you can earthquake, but it won't do a thing to the train or the tracks. That's one tough train!
  4. Xaqwais

Xaqwais

Accepting. So it's a giant toy train the size of a real train? I want one!

All abilities, no items.
  5. Leethoof

Leethoof

Leethoof hungers for battle!! Open Challenge

2v2 Doubles
    1 Day DQ (I've got vacation in 2 weeks, so its quick) 2 Day for ref
    No recoveries or chills (leethoof no likey stall)
    Arena: A rolling boulder, like in Indiana Jones, but on top of it. It is a very big boulder (about 25x25 of usable space), and pokemon can fall off (up to the ref's discretion on how much damage/how they get pushed off). If a pokemon falls off, they will take x damage and are rolled right up to the top, somewhat flattened. Earthquake, earth power, magnitude, bulldoze, dig, surf, muddy water all banned because there it would destroy the boulder.

Unevolved mons only
  6. auramaster

auramaster

TheWolfe, Gerard, I'll ref your battle. Send me your teams.
  7. Banryu

Banryu

I guess I got dese two. PM teams and shtuff.
  8. TheWolfe

TheWolfe

Thanks auramaster! I'll send my Pokemon shortly and let Gerard know about the battle since it's been so long.
  9. Deck Knight

Deck Knight October Surprise
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

I'll accept your challenge, but I must warn you by the end of it you'll have to bugger off! Now we just need a ref...

All Abilities
    Switch = Lewl
    No Items
  10. Korski

Korski Distilled, 80 proof
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributor

Accepting.

No items
    All abilities
    Switch = impossible
  11. deadfox081

deadfox081

I'll ref this one. PM me your teams please!
  12. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Singles
    3 Day DQ Time
    2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
    Bring your strongest...

Arena: The Earth Cauldron
    At the entrance, there is a staircase you must climb. The case spirals around a circular column, about 20 metres high & 30 metres in diameter. At the top, there is a circular arena. The entrance is shut & is replaced by guardrails 10 metres high, which encircle the arena. you see a rectangular field, 20x15 metres in dimension, the rectangle consisting of some sand & some painted lines. Outside the rectangle is hard rock-like material that cannot be dug into, but the sand is, but only to a certain depth. The arena is also rather sturdy, allowing seismic activity to occur...This arena got its name, due to the fact that it clearly suits Ground-Types & for it's Cauldron-like appearance.

Summary: Circular arena, 30 metres in diameter, surrounded by 10 metre high guardrails. The centre of the arena consists of a rectangle, 20 metres long, 15 metres wide, the rectangle consisting of diggable sand & painted lines, the outside of the rectangle consists of hard, undiggable rock. Sturdy enough for seismic activity to occur.

ANOTHER OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Triples
    3 Day DQ Time
    2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
    Arena: Opponent's Choice.

No one wants to fight with Its_A_Random? Well I'll be...Bump.
  13. MK Ultra

MK Ultra BOOGEYMAN
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Challenging auramaster
    4v4 doubles
    36 hour DQ, double for ref
    2/5
    Arena: <Destiny_Warrior> CHIEF CHILLY CHALLENGE
    Occasionally, Chill Bullies will use various Ice and Dark attacks on the participants (15% chance per battler, any offensive Ice or Dark move can be selected) from 3/3 offensive stats.
  14. auramaster

auramaster

Accepting MK's challenge.

Switch = Ok
    Abilities = All
    No items

Need a ref now.
  15. deadfox081

deadfox081

Ok well it seems I've had someone pull out of the match that was to be starting soon, so I think I better throw out a challenge here.

3v3 Singles
    48 hr DQ
    2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
    Arena: The Pokemon Daycare Centre

That's right, a little fight has broken out in the garden of the day care centre. Of course only Little Cup eligible Pokemon are allowed to be in the garden, so every Pokemon in the battle must be able to evolve and must be first stage. There is a small pond in the garden, some short grass and the ground is soft and able to be dug. The rest of the centre's little Pokemon have gathered to watch but won't interfere in the match. That does mean that moves like Earthquake and Surf are banned so no one hurts the cute spectators.
  16. Frosty

Frosty =_=
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I accept it

1 Ability
    No Items
    Switch=KO
  17. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Never allow the opponent to choose the arena.

Switch = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0
    All abilities
    No Items

Arena: Ice Canyon

A hollow, symmetric depression in a glacier, 25 feet wide at the bottom, 35 at the top, and 50 feet high. It extends too far away to exit. There's a water source in the form of an icy brook or stream flowing through, but Dig is considered an Ice-type move; the glacier is too deep to hit soil. If you need more water, you can always melt some of the wall. Stones have been brought in from god-knows-where, and they can be used for attacks like Rock Slide. Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude will still inflict seismic damage. Earth Power can pierce the ice long enough to deal Ground-type damage. The walls are surprisingly stable; no avalanches can be triggered here. Ice-type moves cost 1 energy less to execute here.

Additionally, me and Deck need a ref for the doubles match.
  18. The Shiny Umbreon

The Shiny Umbreon

Bumping. Any takers?
  19. deadfox081

deadfox081

I'll ref Deck vs Tort (:S @ reffing the bosses match)

PM teams and I'll post the thread in the morning as its bedtime now.
  20. Pikapwnd

Pikapwnd

Ill drop my open chllenge to take this. =D

No items
    one ability
    switch = avada kadavra
    Arena:

Lily Pad Lake: Deep in the Eterna Forest lies a serene lake topped with larger than life lily pads. If trainers aren’t battling you can see many different kinds of wild pokemon jumping and playing on the lily pads. All of the pads are roughly the same size (three feet long and wide) and are anchored to their spot. They also hold an incredible amount of weight; up to two hundred pounds! If anything heavier hits the lily pads they will sink. The pond itself is very shallow at the edges, but it gets as deep as thirty feet when you reach the center. For the battle all pokemon must be either in, on, or above the lake; a pokemon cannot walk around the lake or stay at its shore. The weather is lovely this time of year, but the tall canopy covers most sunlight, bathing the lake in cool shadows and trapping the mist. Summary: all pokemon must stay above, on, or in the lake. Lily pads will collapse if there is more than 200 pounds on it. Weather moves will fail. Dig will fail on lily pad, earthquake will break the lilypap your standing on, sinking you. *if you cant swim you will be teleported to another lilypad upon falling, and lose 10hp*

and now we only require a ref.
  21. LupusAter

LupusAter

I have an open slot, so it's time for a battle in the Colosseum!
    Arena: The Colosseum! (yes, the one in Rome). To make the battle more eventful, the emperor (ref) will unleash strong wild pokemon in the arena.
    4v4 Doubles
    2 heals, 5 chills
  22. mewtwo15026

mewtwo15026

2v2 DOUBLES OPEN CHALLENGE
    2 Recovers, 2 Rest uses, 5 chills
    3-day DQ for all parties involved
    Pokemon used may AT NO TIME be fully evolved. (Golbat? OK. Crobat? Uh-uh.)
    Pokemon that don't evolve (i.e. Aerodactyl, Zangoose) may be used.

ARENA: Lilycove Art Museum, Post-Apocalypse

A level, open, 40x40-foot gallery lined with art. Since everyone's picked up a DSi or 3DS and moved to Sinnoh, nobody will notice if we touch the exhibits...well, we can't, because they're under the protection of a Chimecho's Safeguard. However, this Chimecho has grown bored in the abscence of patrons, and she has charmed the paintings so that attacks can pull water, rocks, branches, and whatnot from the frames.

WE NEED A REF.
  23. rewindman

rewindman

I'll accept this,
    Switch = impossible
    All abilities
    no items
  24. Banryu

Banryu

[​IMG]
    Aether is looking for his first full-power 1v1 throwdown.

1v1 Singles
    - 1-day DQ
    - no recoveries or chills
    - Pokemon used MUST be Fire-type or Dragon-type, or Aether will refuse to test his strength against them.

Arena: Mount Chimney in Hoenn
    [​IMG]
    Aether's old training grounds from his younger days. Features include:
    - Abundant rocky material and solid ground, but the earth is very rocky and takes a great deal of energy to Dig through.
    - The volcano's natural heat makes Fire attacks more potent, and water attacks less potent. Fire-type moves are boosted by 3 and Water-type moves are reduced by 3 (applied the same way as Sunny Day, does not stack with Sunny Day if the move comes into effect, though it DOES counteract the boosts of Rain).
    - At the end of every round, the volcano has a 25% chance of erupting-- causing both combatants to be hit by the volcano's spewage. The volcano's fury is treated as a Fire-type, physical attack with base power 7, which ignores base stats (other multipliers like resistance and stat boosts still apply).
  25. Leethoof

Leethoof

RAAAWWWWW!!! WOOLY THE ALTARIA ACCEPTS SILLY CHARIZARD'S CHALLENGE

I accept ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)