1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TravelLog

TravelLog

Looking for a 2v2 Singles match
    2 rests, 5 recovers
    1st stage mons only (pokemon who evolve from a baby pokemon may however be used, with the exception of Snorlax). Pokemon that cannot evolve MAY NOT be used.
    Arena: Tesla Laboratories
    [​IMG]
    Description (open)

Tesla Laboratories is one of the foremost electrical research facilities in the known world. As such, almost everything here is electrifyingly cool! A giant tesla coil stands in the middle of the arena, unleashing electricity at the end of every round, with an initial 40% chance of striking any given mon. After the fifth round, this chance increases to 60%.
    Damage is as follows:
    Equivalent to Spark (15%)
    Equivalent to Shock Wave (30%)
    Equivalent to Discharge (30%)
    Equivalent to Thunderbolt (15%)
    Equivalent to Thunder (10%)
    Furthermore, all electric attacks cost 1 less energy (2 less if the BP is over 10) and have their BP raised by 1. All Steel attacks also cost 1 less energy (regardless of BP) and have BP raised by 1.
  2. Solstice

Solstice

I request a ref for me and Korski, waaaay back on page 91.
  3. IceBug

IceBug

I'll take the above for Solstice, since I'm no longer needed for deadfox vs Engineer Pikachu. PM teams.

Also, last call on subref applications for myself vs undisputed before I just cancel the match outright. It's a 2v2 Doubles and can be found here.
  4. Leethoof

Leethoof

I challenge Kingofburgerz!!

2v2 Doubles
    1 Day DQ, 2 for ref
    Arena:
    "I'm on a boat" - a boat with flip flops and dolphins. Earthquake, dig, magnitude, bulldoze may not be used. Surf can. Getting knocked off the boat can may cause damage or hinder the actions of non-water types. Up to ref on how all this is reffed specifically
  5. kingofburgerz

kingofburgerz

I accept

swtch=no

Abillites=all

Items=off
  6. Banryu

Banryu

I... I'll tell you what... I'll take this one if you'll consider maybe reffing the challenge that I have posted on the last page. That is, it'd be cool if you could, but if you can't then no big deal. xD So... do I just come post in the thread then, or what?
  7. mewtwo15026

mewtwo15026

WE NEED A REF.
  8. Pikapwnd

Pikapwnd

We need a ref <3
  9. Rediamond

Rediamond

Accepting TravelLog since it appears my battle with Kaxtar will not occur for somewhat obvious reasons.

Switch=KO
    No items
    All abilities

LET'S DO THIS.
  10. IceBug

IceBug

Sure, banryu, I'll take your 1v1. I assume you guys don't really need to PM teams, since it's your Charizard versus Leet's Altaria if I've read correctly, I'll have it up ASAP.

And yeah, I think you just need to ref the next round and post that you've taken the job up.
  11. Leethoof

Leethoof

Reffing Mewtwo and rewindman. PM me teams of no more than 3
  12. mewtwo15026

mewtwo15026

As a thank-you to Leethoof, I'm reffing him vs. kingofburgerz. PM me your teams of no more than 3 and we'll be set to sail.
  13. Banryu

Banryu

Very well then.
    I'm taking this match. I hope I don't need the original 2 posts but if needed I can dig through for them. e___@
  14. TravelLog

TravelLog

I'll ref Pikapwnd and Shiny Umbreon. PM me teams. So you two know tho, I will be flying most of Friday, so I probably won't be able to update that day. Otherwise np.
  15. AlphaJolt

AlphaJolt

Let's try this again and hope to get active people.

OPEN CHALLENGE
    1v1v1v1 (4 Trainer Free-for-All with 1 Poke each)
    DQ: 3 days
    First signup decides recoveries/chills
    Second decides abilities
    Third decides items
    Arena: Fountain of Dreams
    [​IMG]
    A fountain filled with water with platforms rising on geysers. As this is shallow water, there is no digging. If you fall off the edge, you are teleported to the center of the stage with no HP/energy loss. Obviously there is water enough for any type of water move (but no bonus power to water type attacks).

To help prevent ganging up on one player, you are not allowed to attack the same player with consecutive actions (you must always change your target).
    Lowest evolution possible for a poke! (Dratini, Embirch, Pichu, etc)
  16. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

AlphaJolt I'll join in on that, sounds like fun! Let's go with no recoveries or chills to make it a true slugfest :)
  17. pimpgangster

pimpgangster

AlphaJolt I'm in
    One Ability
  18. danmantincan

danmantincan

I'm in
    No Items and...
    Switch = OK!
  19. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

MINEEEEE (1v1v1v1)
  20. porygon3

porygon3

I'll accept this

no switching
    no items
    one ability
  21. danmantincan

danmantincan

I'll ref Lupus and p3. PM Teams and what not.
  22. deadfox081

deadfox081

Still after a ref for this one

23. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Y'know what, special challenge time. (also, Its_A_Random and I need a ref.)

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Ah, Milliway's, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. A fantastic place, where you can buy anything to eat you want, at any price thanks to the magic of millions of years of interest and the amazing powers of Bistromathics. As you enjoy whatever three-course-meal floats your boat, you notice a rival a few tables across. The end of the universe spectacle isn't going to be for another hour, so why not enjoy a small Pokemon fight?

Of course, it seems you've committed the ultimate blunder in the Restaurant-you've managed to meet yourself, both a past copy and a future copy. You remember your embarrassment at seeing your other two selves for the first time. And now you're back, this time as your current copy. You can feel the raw embarrassment radiating from your future copy, who has just arrived a third time at the same general area.

Your rival appears to be in the exact same predicament-his future and past selves have arrived at the same general area as well.

There's a Pokemon arena conveniently unused in this copy of the universe...and you can distinctly remember having a Pokemon battle there with your rival when you were younger. Your future self seems to have long anticipated this.

"9v9" Triples, technically 3v3 Triples with three iterations of each mon.
    3 days DQ
    12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each mon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Use the search function if you can't find it.
    -Your present self will send out the current version of your mon.
    -Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
    Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.
  24. Spenstar

Spenstar

As much as I want to accept Tort's offer, to do so I would have to take the role of "past" self because of the first-stage Pokemon I just got. So I'll just make a challenge of my own.

2vs2 Doubles
    2 Recovers, infinite chills (cause I'm cool like that)
    Arena: Cyberspace

Similarly how we created Porygon from the depths of this odd parallel man-made universe, now we have discovered means of entering it, body and soul. I was the one to discover the secrets of entering cyberspace and has shaped out my own corner of it to tweak however I want. Now me and my first guest will have the first battle in this realm! The battlers are standing on Porygon-Pink tiles that glow white when a Pokemon or trainer is on or directly above it. All moves are legal, as the tiles can take on any properties, from diggable ground to surf-water to grass knot material. However, these properties disappear immediately after usage, and cannot affect the field itself. There is no weather since this IS cyberspace, but when a weather move/ability is used, the tiles will react to emulate the desired weather effect.

In addition, I've put a limit onto the battlefield for this match: the rarity value of each side cannot exceed 5, (though usually 4 in practice) and each side must only consist of first-stage Pokemon.
  25. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Additionally, reffing TravelLog and Rediamond. PM me your teams.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)