Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Orinially Posted by Fat Dogfish44
I suppose a third battle would be fun. And I have some guys who want EXP now, so it's practical ^_^.

3 v 3 SINGLES
1 Day DQ per Challenger / 1 Week DQ per Ref
No Bans
Arena: Temple of Balder. The Norse god of peace and joy, this temple was built out of respect. It is said that being here can enforce a stronger willpower or improved health, and it has yet been unknown for any maladies to be obtained here. The temple is sacred, but the courtyard is suitable for battling on.

Arena effects: All pokémon have a permanent safeguard. Pokémon also learn the following actions:

Prayer for Peace: You regain 10 HP and 5 EN.
Prayer for Power: All stats are boosted by 1, similar to the effect of an Ominous Wind boost (10 EN).
Prayer for Justice: You lose 5 HP, and a Heavenly Anvil falls from the sky, doing 12 damage (10 EN).
Prayer for Courage: If you are below 50% of your original HP, this will give all attacks a +1 bonus to base power for the next 9 actions. If above 50%, this fails.

So, any takers?
Orinially Posted by Fat shadowbone66
Yer on, ye scurvy dog! Or fish! Or neon Muk!

Switch = TRULZY
One Ability
Items = Popple
Whatever Popple means!

I'll ref this one to see who can best curry the favor of the gods! (PM teams)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Y'know what, special challenge time. (also, Its_A_Random and I need a ref.)

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Ah, Milliway's, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. A fantastic place, where you can buy anything to eat you want, at any price thanks to the magic of millions of years of interest and the amazing powers of Bistromathics. As you enjoy whatever three-course-meal floats your boat, you notice a rival a few tables across. The end of the universe spectacle isn't going to be for another hour, so why not enjoy a small Pokemon fight?

Of course, it seems you've committed the ultimate blunder in the Restaurant-you've managed to meet yourself, both a past copy and a future copy. You remember your embarrassment at seeing your other two selves for the first time. And now you're back, this time as your current copy. You can feel the raw embarrassment radiating from your future copy, who has just arrived a third time at the same general area.

Your rival appears to be in the exact same predicament-his future and past selves have arrived at the same general area as well.

There's a Pokemon arena conveniently unused in this copy of the universe...and you can distinctly remember having a Pokemon battle there with your rival when you were younger. Your future self seems to have long anticipated this.

"9v9" Triples, technically 3v3 Triples with three iterations of each mon.
3 days DQ
12 chills per Pokemon, 4 recoveries per Pokemon (and by Pokemon I mean all three copies of that Pokemon.)

Arena: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A futuristic restaurant with plenty of neo-neon and exotic plastic plants. There's a round dirt arena of about 50 feet diameter to fight in, with several fountains around the arena to call on for a water source. The scents of the cuisines of 42 million cultures permeate the air. All moves permitted.

The twist of this fight is that a past version and a future version of yourself have also joined in the fight.

-Your past self uses the version of each mon you enter when it first got approved, with the present form's nature. Use the search function if you can't find it.
-Your present self will send out the current version of your mon.
-Your future self will send out a version of your Pokemon that is at maximum evolution, with all moves and Dream World ability unlocked.

Due to a quirk in spacetime, nobody knows who is going to win or lose this match, despite having participated in it already. Time travel is a dick. For the purposes of damage, each Pokemon counts as a separate entity, and any combination of past, present, and future Pokemon can be used at any one time.

Counters for both the referee and the battlers are at the discretion of a head ref.
Because of this, it is recommended Flora or Deck take this one. Other refs can take this, though-Flora/Deck assign counters, however. PM the ref the original copy of each mon from the prize claiming thread (or, if it's a starter, from your profile's starred moves), the current version from your profile, and the future version, based on the current version.

Smeargle can Sketch ANY moves utilized and has access to EVERY move in the future state, but can only take permanent Sketch slots from moves it has traced from past or present pokemon only. Past Smeargle only gets its starting Sketch moves and cannot permanently Sketch moves gained here.

Starting evolution is also banned, as making the rules any longer than they already are would cause brain implosions. Items, if used, would be from the present trainer only.
I accept this! Should be fun and complicated as hell! Good luck to the ref!
No items
All abilities
And because I'm feeling extra-crazy, Switch=OK
Fun is hell. PM teams!

Open Challenge
1v1 Singles
3 Day DQ
0 Recovery/2 chills
Arena:

-ONLY FOR FLYING TYPES-
Castelia Skies
In the most populous city in Unova, the skies in Castelia are ready for battle! There are various air currents blowing throught the city, creating mobility. Falls can be dangerous, the higher you are. (Fall from 1-25ft, 10 damage; 26-75ft, 20 damage; 75-100, half of full health) There are many builboards and building to fly around, and you can even land on them. The skies are cloudy, and rain will break out on the fourth round, so the combatants will be grounded. If any pokemon strikes the builboard, it will be treated as a thunderolt and will paralyse for sure. The wild pokemon consist of some very docile Pidove, Emolga, and Tranquill, as well as some less docile Unfezant.

Open Challenge
2 vs 2 singles
1 day DQ for battlers/ 3 day DQ for Refs
0 recoveries/ 5 chills

Arena:
Mushroom wetlands:
this odd area was discovered when some Trainers explored the western parts of petalburg woods. Right before the forest hits the ocean huge mushrooms took root and the section between the sea and woods is crowded with them. The ground is water, but it only comes up eight inches (the water floor is muddy and sinks another four inches). The mushrooms vary in size and height, but all have caps big and strong enough to hold medium sized pokemon and are around four feet tall (Pokemon over seventy pounds will crush the mushrooms and fall into the shallow muddy water). Since this is where the petalburg woods ends, there are a couple of trees in the battle, rising about forty or so feet high (they are also three feet wide). The weather is sunny here and because there is no other place in the world with species of mushrooms like this (and no other place is like this) the pokemon league has banned all weather moves, saying they will disturb the fungi’s natural habitat. Summary: muddy water for floor, pokemon over seventy pounds will crush the mushrooms and fall into muddy water, no digging earthquake or weather moves.

iiMKultra said:
Challenging auramaster
4v4 doubles
36 hour DQ, double for ref
2/5
Arena: <Destiny_Warrior> CHIEF CHILLY CHALLENGE
Occasionally, Chill Bullies will use various Ice and Dark attacks on the participants (15% chance per battler, any offensive Ice or Dark move can be selected) from 3/3 offensive stats.
auramaster said:
Accepting MK's challenge.

Switch = Ok
Abilities = All
No items

Need a ref now.
I heard you need a ref. I can take the job. PM teams all that stuff.

It's fine pimpgangster. I'll occupy my free challenge slot with the below match instead:

Open Challenge
2 vs 2 singles
0 recoveries/ 5 chills

Arena:
Mushroom wetlands:
this odd area was discovered when some Trainers explored the western parts of petalburg woods. Right before the forest hits the ocean huge mushrooms took root and the section between the sea and woods is crowded with them. The ground is water, but it only comes up eight inches (the water floor is muddy and sinks another four inches). The mushrooms vary in size and height, but all have caps big and strong enough to hold medium sized pokemon and are around four feet tall (Pokemon over seventy pounds will crush the mushrooms and fall into the shallow muddy water). Since this is where the petalburg woods ends, there are a couple of trees in the battle, rising about forty or so feet high (they are also three feet wide). The weather is sunny here and because there is no other place in the world with species of mushrooms like this (and no other place is like this) the pokemon league has banned all weather moves, saying they will disturb the fungi’s natural habitat. Summary: muddy water for floor, pokemon over seventy pounds will crush the mushrooms and fall into muddy water, no digging earthquake or weather moves.
I'll challenge you!

Switch = KO
Items = None
Abilites = All

I know this is a strange open challenge, but I am trying to build up my RC. I am looking for two people who want to compete in this match that I will ref:

6v6 Doubles
3 Day DQ for players, 4 for the ref (me)
0 Recoveries, 2 Chills
The tournament arena.

This match was custom tailored for what I was willing to ref and get me some good counters, but it should still be interesting for the competitors. Also, the first person to accept plays the role of the seeker (sending out Pokemon first, actions second), the second person being the challenger (sends Pokemon out second, gives actions first). I will also allow the seeker to choose rules for abilities and items, but switch will be KO.

Open Challenge
1v1 Singles
3 Day DQ
0 Recovery/2 chills
Arena:

-ONLY FOR FLYING TYPES-
Castelia Skies
In the most populous city in Unova, the skies in Castelia are ready for battle! There are various air currents blowing throught the city, creating mobility. Falls can be dangerous, the higher you are. (Fall from 1-25ft, 10 damage; 26-75ft, 20 damage; 75-100, half of full health) There are many builboards and building to fly around, and you can even land on them. The skies are cloudy, and rain will break out on the fourth round, so the combatants will be grounded. If any pokemon strikes the builboard, it will be treated as a thunderolt and will paralyse for sure. The wild pokemon consist of some very docile Pidove, Emolga, and Tranquill, as well as some less docile Unfezant.
accepting

all ability
switch=who cares
no items

also if we could use both use 1st stage mons that'd be cool but it doesn't matter

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I challenge danmantincan to a Fire-type only battle!!!

2v2 Doubles
3 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/3 Chills

Arena: Volcano

This is the volcano in which Ash and Blaine face off. Charizard vs. Magmar. If you don't remember how the arena is set up check out the Anime. Episode 59: Volcano Panic. I don't think much else is in need of explaining.

Our teams should be:
Torkoal + Numel (Me) vs. Magmar + Numel (danmantincan)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
^Reffing above. PM teams!

Open Challenge
2 vs 2 singles
0 recoveries/ 5 chills

Arena:
Mushroom wetlands:
It's fine pimpgangster. I'll occupy my free challenge slot with the below match instead:

I'll challenge you!

Switch = KO
Items = None
Abilites = All
Reffing this too. PM teams!

Ill accept
Switch = WTF
One Ability
No Items
2 day DQ
0 recovers 2 chills
stealing this arena sorry ;)
Mushroom wetlands:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Chills & 5 Recoveries per Pokemon max.
Bring your strongest...

Arena: The Earth Cauldron
At the entrance, there is a staircase you must climb. The case spirals around a circular column, about 20 metres high & 30 metres in diameter. At the top, there is a circular arena. The entrance is shut & is replaced by guardrails 10 metres high, which encircle the arena. you see a rectangular field, 20x15 metres in dimension, the rectangle consisting of some sand & some painted lines. Outside the rectangle is hard rock-like material that cannot be dug into, but the sand is, but only to a certain depth. The arena is also rather sturdy, allowing seismic activity to occur...This arena got its name, due to the fact that it clearly suits Ground-Types & for it's Cauldron-like appearance.

Summary: Circular arena, 30 metres in diameter, surrounded by 10 metre high guardrails. The centre of the arena consists of a rectangle, 20 metres long, 15 metres wide, the rectangle consisting of diggable sand & painted lines, the outside of the rectangle consists of hard, undiggable rock. Sturdy enough for seismic activity to occur.

Bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)