1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Objection

Objection

Are you OK with stage 2 of 3 mons like Wartortle and Shelgon? If so, then I'll drop my previous challenge and accept yours Cloverleaf.

Switch = OK (make it a little interesting)
    One ability
    No items
  2. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

texas and objection, i can ref your match (like i told steampowered and Quantum it will be my first time reffing) but i don't think i will fail horribly.
    just tell me if you want me to or not (if you want to wait and find a more experienced ref i completely understand and i won't be offended)
  3. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

@Objection, I`m fine with anything really as its a team of three, I was just looking to avoid something like Garchomp, Charizard and Hydreigon against my team.
    @GlacierKinght, I`m fine with you reffing. If you didn`t see my post previously, I am posting from my phone and thus can neither copy, paste nor PM so I`d ask you to see my registration post on the last page of the thread I will be using the following three pokemon:
    Show Hide
    Gible, Charmander, Monohm
  4. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

yup yup i saw the post, getting on it immediately (Fire Blast is tutoring me so it should go smoother)
  5. Lyris1035

Lyris1035

"Time Bumping" once again.
  6. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

I think you should get another arena, Lyris. The complexity of the arena + the length of it will deter most refs from even reffing it.
  7. Lyris1035

Lyris1035

-.- Well then, Here is the original quote from Tortferngatr, with only arena and restriction tweaks:
    Hope this would be better, Flora. I only got interested with Tortferngatr's twist. Not some of his other information on the battle. That's why I wanted to seek with that style.

P.S.: This is an Open Challenge.
  8. Pikapwnd

Pikapwnd

Glacier Knight & myself challenge you and your friend (or frenemy or random) to a battle.

1+1 Vr 1+1
    1day DQ
    3 chills 1 Recovery

Show Hide

The mini friendly friend arena: In this arena if you and your teamate dont share a Type* then both teamates lose 1 rank in all stats. The arena itself. Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle.
    * (doesnt have to be full typing just partial ie Scrafty could team with umbreon or a revankh)
  9. Steampowered

Steampowered

Sounds like it could be fun, I'll be the first to join and then someone else can join (I really don't care who) also, is there a restriction on what stage of evolution pokemon we can use?

Abilities: All
    Switch: KO
    Items: none
  10. Lyris1035

Lyris1035

Ok, I accept your challenge, Pikapwnd! I have a pending seek, I guess, I'll drop it...
  11. Pikapwnd

Pikapwnd

Just no fully evolved please, Fine w/ first stage. (charmeleon, Roseila, Electabuzz)

Now what lovely person would like to ref us?
  12. Lyris1035

Lyris1035

wait for Flora, I have a prize pending, and She accepted to ref. She said she'd wait until my prize(s) are approved.
  13. Pikapwnd

Pikapwnd

Okay sounds good :)
  14. Charmander

Charmander mfw i have a mane and am actually the sun
    is a Contributor Alumnus

if you don't know by now, I love multi battles
    3+3 vs 3+3 multi
    DQ 2 days, 3 for ref
    5 chills, 2 recovers
    arena:
    Citadark Isle. A huge, hidden volcanic island close to the Gateon Port. Cipher Grand master Grevil awaits at the top....All moves can be used.
  15. Rolf

Rolf

Open challenge

1v1 singles
    dq 1 day battler, 2 day ref
    No recov 3 chill
    Arena is a perfectly normal field

Using basic pokemon please
  16. Frosty

Frosty =_=
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Will ref when someone accepts.

if you don't mind of course.
  17. Charmander

is a Contributor Alumnus

I'll accept
    no items
    all abilities
  18. Frosty

Frosty =_=
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Alright

PM teams please.
  19. DarthVader317

DarthVader317

Open Challenge
    3v3 Singles
    2 Day DQ
    2 Recovery/5 Chills
    Arena: Mustafar
    The battlers are on an exterior landing platform of a refinery on the lava planet of Mustafar. There are energy shields in addition to the railings that prevent the combatants from falling over the sides into the lava, but the heat sill makes it through. Fire-type attacks get +2BAP, Water-type attacks get -2BAP, and pokemon that aren't part Fire, Rock, Steel, Ground, or Water take 1 damage per action due to the heat.

The platform is metal, so moves like Dig and Earthquake don't work, and there are no natural water sources. Weather moves can occur, and except for the attack boost/drops from Sunny Day the effects stack with the arena (so they'd take damage from both Sandstorm and the heat, Rain will counteract the arena boosts).
  20. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

wait pikapwnd and lyris: flora will be our ref? should we PM teams now or wait for her to tell us to?
  21. Steampowered

Steampowered

Hey! Steampowered as well...

Me and Lyris already PMed her our team (cuz Lyris was being dumb and not listening to my strategy)
  22. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

ok well i'll text pika and we'll send our teams in
  23. Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Looking for a match,
    1v1 Singles
    1day DQ
    0 recovers/5 Chills

Arena: Large pool of water, only water and flying pokemon may enter this battle because theres no ground to stand on.
  24. Arcanite

Arcanite

Accepting
    Switch=I get 5 EC for my Poke
    No Items
    1 ability
  25. Charmander

is a Contributor Alumnus

bumping this as it seemed to be missed by quite a few people
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)