Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Challenging Cartoons!

Code:
[16:54:35] <cartons> anyone up for a match?
[16:54:46] <dogfish44> 1 on 1?
[16:55:00] <cartons> okay, sure

[16:56:06] <cartons> i say abilities and items are go
1 v 1
DQ - 3 Days
Recovery Banned & 3 chills max
Arena: Abandoned Construction Site. It's currently at sunset, with minor winds.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
LIMEWIRE DEMANDS A BATTLE

3 vs 3 single
DQ: 3 days
2 uses of Rest / Recover and 5 chills
All abilities are enabled
All items are disabled

Shifting Arena:

This is a special arena that changes every time a Pokemon faints. In addition, at the very start of the battle, the setting is chosen randomly. It is around 60 feet long and 40 feet wide. The arena is outdoors, and the sun is somewhat low.

The arena can change into these settings:

Grass: The battlefield is covered with grass about 5 feet high. The soil is soft, allowing the use of Dig. There is a stream of water running underground.

Water: The arena starts to split in the middle, creating a large channel that is 20 feet deep, 20 feet wide and 60 feet long. In addition, the sides of the arena start to sink in and are filled with water (so that, if you look at the arena from a bird's eye view, you will see a gigantic "H" filled with water).

Desert: Pipes start to erupt from the walls of the arena, filling the entire thing with 10 feet of sand. Large rocks up at random areas. At the end of every round, the referee should tell the trainers if their Pokemon are near these rocks or not.

Ice: Pipes erupt from the walls of the arena and flood the entire place with water. An Ice-type Pokemon owned by the arena master then uses Ice Beam on the water, freezing it. The ice is roughly 10 feet deep and can be melted with Fire-type attacks.

Lets try this idea for size.

1 v 1, singles
DQ: 2 days
2 uses of rest/recover, 5 chills.

Arena:
A subterrainean cavern plays host to this pokemon battle. The cavern is 50ft x 30ft x 100ft. There is a 15 ft circle opening from the top of the arena, the only source of light in the arena. The ground is soft, making it easy to dig. The walls are made of jagged rock. You can see anything in the circle clearly, 5ft outside the circle dimly, and nothing at all outside of that.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
^Reffing.

EDIT: Samurai_796, you were too slow =/ Torfernagatr will be battling.

Alright you two, please PM me your Pokemon choices A.S.A.P.!

Well, I'm itching for a battle, so hopefully someone can give me a good 1st battle.

3 vs. 3 Singles
2 Day DQ

Arena: A plain field with some trees surrounding the area. The soil is damp from rain, but easily diggable. Weather is slightly overcast and possiblity of rainfall during battle.

Well, I'm itching for a battle, so hopefully someone can give me a good 1st battle.

3 vs. 3 Singles
2 Day DQ

Arena: A plain field with some trees surrounding the area. The soil is damp from rain, but easily diggable. Weather is slightly overcast and possiblity of rainfall during battle.
I'm still waiting for the battle I started to begin, I accept.

All Abilities
Switch = KO
No items

1-on-1 single battle
2 day DQ
No recovery moves (Recover, Rest etc.), no chills

Arena: Derelict Arena
Belonging to the League, this arena is also affectionately known as the "Ghost Town Arena". In the past, it has hosted several important League matches, but in recent years, the League has only spent barely enough money to keep the battle area usable, so all that's left of the arena is a rough chalk outline of a battle area, and a few ramshackle stands for an audience.

The League often sends rookies to battle here, being able to offer low hiring prices because of the place's derelict state. Some say that there's an ulterior motive for keeping the place open, though - the stands are still intact (even if they look on the brink of collapse), but the slightest tremor could destroy them. As well as the damage to any spectators (if there even ARE any), the League doesn't take kindly to their arenas being destroyed, and could legally land the destructor with a hefty fine. This is all just hearsay, of course, but it's best to err on the side of caution...

Summary: Standard battle arena (clay) with stands and a small crowd. Earth-shaking moves (Magnitude, Earthquake, Fissure and others I may have missed) are banned.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
3v3 Double Battle
3 day DQ
2 Rest/Recover / 5 chills
Arena: Bowser's Castle

A huge castle with several pillars which are good hiding places and easy to climb. Besides the stage, there are several pools of lava scattered around. Flying type Pkemon can easily soar on the thermals. There isn't any water anywhere nearby. Earthshaking moves do damage to pillars, which fall after being hit 3 times, and the castle collapses as well, turning the battlefield to rubble. There may be a way to cool down the lava however...

Summary: Flying type Pokemon use 1 less energy to use flying type attacks, attacks like Surf which use water from the surroundings are banned unless the lava is cooled, 3 earthshaking moves turns the battlefield into rubble.

3v3 Double Battle
3 day DQ

A huge castle with several pillars which are good hiding places and easy to climb. Besides the stage, there are several pools of lava scattered around. Flying type Pkemon can easily soar on the thermals. There isn't any water anywhere nearby. Earthshaking moves do damage to pillars, which fall after being hit 3 times, and the castle collapses as well, turning the battlefield to rubble. There may be a way to cool down the lava however...

Summary: Flying type Pokemon use 1 less energy to use flying type attacks, attacks like Surf which use water from the surroundings are banned unless the lava is cooled, 3 earthshaking moves turns the battlefield into rubble.
I accept.

All Abilities
Switch = KO
No items

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
3v3 Double Battle
3 day DQ

I accept.

All Abilities
Switch = KO
No items
I will ref this. I need some more practice to help other people.

Please PM me your squads.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus

3 vs. 3 Singles
2 Day DQ

I'm still waiting for the battle I started to begin, I accept.

All Abilities
Switch = KO
No items
I haven't seen anyone decide to ref this one since Limewire apparently took the other one, so I'll ref this one I guess?

A Challenger Approaches!

2 vs 2
Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Rest/Recover / 5 Chills
Arena: The Castelia City Market

This joyous and active arena is ripe with people, and berries! Trade passes naturally along the streets connecting this commercial cacophony. Berries, food, clothes, toys, all products exchange hands here in the market. The floor is asphalt, almost impossible to dig in and hard on the skin. The market is bustling right now, the midmorning light awakening both sellers and shoopers alike! They've been kind enough to clear a decently large circle for your battle, with a 30 foot diameter. Spectators are lined up along the sides to watch, and maybe even provide some support with berries or other goods!

Summary: Asphalt floor is almost impossible to dig into, and if a Pokemon makes any contact on the floor that would involve scraping it's skin across it takes an extra 2 HP loss. There's a 20% chance each round that a spectator will throw a berry at one participant, which they can use to their advantage. The berries are (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, or Oran, choice of which is random) No water nearby, and the time is midmorning.

A Challenger Approaches!

2 vs 2
Singles
2 Day DQ

This joyous and active arena is ripe with people, and berries! Trade passes naturally along the streets connecting this commercial cacophony. Berries, food, clothes, toys, all products exchange hands here in the market. The floor is asphalt, almost impossible to dig in and hard on the skin. The market is bustling right now, the midmorning light awakening both sellers and shoopers alike! They've been kind enough to clear a decently large circle for your battle, with a 30 foot diameter. Spectators are lined up along the sides to watch, and maybe even provide some support with berries or other goods!

Summary: Asphalt floor is almost impossible to dig into, and if a Pokemon makes any contact on the floor that would involve scraping it's skin across it takes an extra 2 HP loss. There's a 20% chance each round that a spectator will throw a berry at one participant, which they can use to their advantage. The berries are (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, or Oran, choice of which is random) No water nearby, and the time is midmorning.
BURNINATING THE PEASANTS

I accept.

One Ability
Switch = KO
No items

No items means we can't use hold items, but things we find on the battlefield are different, right?

EDIT: K

BURNINATING THE PEASANTS

I accept.

One Ability
Switch = KO
No items

No items mean we can't use hold items, but things we find on the battlefield are different, right?
That's what I intended, it means we can't bring in hold items, but if a spectator throws an Oran Berry to your Pokemon they're allowed to eat it.

A Challenger Approaches!

2 vs 2
Singles
2 Day DQ

BURNINATING THE PEASANTS

I accept.

One Ability
Switch = KO
No items

No items mean we can't use hold items, but things we find on the battlefield are different, right?
Ill Reff this one. PM me your teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)