Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge (And First Match Seeking)

Mano-yi-Mano (Yay for horrendous misuse of foreign languages!)
Singles
DQ time of 2 days
Standard Restrictions
Elite Four Lucian's Room
Describe the room a little more in-depth and I will accept this.

No items
One Ability
Assuming the arena is something like this:

I accept the reffing. Banryu, PM me the three Pokemon you may be using. PFK, it is largely irrelevant since you issued the challenge.

Elite Four Will's Room:

Battle area is a platform suspended on large column, with a ring of seemingly endless blackness around the pillar. Boxes of pure psychic energy fly up from the blackess and bounce around the room, and although they do no damage, any pokemon that is not Psychic or Dark type will sometimes flinch at the oncoming energy 5% of the time. Any pokemon that falls into the "void" is teleported 20 feet off of the ground and takes 10 damage upon landing, exempting levitators and flyers. There is limited ceiling space, about 25 feet.

An id you're okay with it, I'll ref this whopper of a match!

Originally Posted by Fat -Charmander-
Anyone up for a team battle? (2 v 2 people)

2v2 (two pokemon per team, one pokemon per person) Doubles (duh).
DQ: 2 Days.
1 use of Rest/Recover etc, 5 chills
Arena: High up in the mountains
EDIT:Yeah! Okay, PM me yo teams, gentlemen.
I already got yours indeed,-Charmander-. :]

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
SEEKING CHALLENGE

2 V 2
Singles
DQ: Three Days
2 Recover Moves / 5 Chills
Arena: Clover Fields

A beautiful outdoor plain that is laden with bright green clovers. The air is fresh and clean, and is a good spot for trainers to take in the sights and sounds of nature! Since this is an all natural environment, it only makes sense that the Pokemon in the battle are also of the environment too! Therefore, only Grass, Bug, Water, and Ground types are allowed. (NOTE: If your Pokemon has one out of two of its typings as one of these, that's allowed too!) The ground is soft and pliable, which allows for Dig and seismic-based Ground moves. There is a brook nearby, which gives access to water for certain attacks, but not enough for full powered Surf attacks. Wild Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey can be found on the arena, but are simply just there to observe, not to interfere.

SUMMARY: Only Grass, Bug, Water, and Ground Pokemon are allowed. Dig and seismic attacks are allowed. Small brook allows water attacks, but not Surf. Happiny / Chansey / Blissey spectate the match, but do not interfere.

SEEKING CHALLENGE

2 V 2
Singles
DQ: Three Days
2 Recover Moves / 5 Chills
Arena: Clover Fields

A beautiful outdoor plain that is laden with bright green clovers. The air is fresh and clean, and is a good spot for trainers to take in the sights and sounds of nature! Since this is an all natural environment, it only makes sense that the Pokemon in the battle are also of the environment too! Therefore, only Grass, Bug, Water, and Ground types are allowed. (NOTE: If your Pokemon has one out of two of its typings as one of these, that's allowed too!) The ground is soft and pliable, which allows for Dig and seismic-based Ground moves. There is a brook nearby, which gives access to water for certain attacks, but not enough for full powered Surf attacks. Wild Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey can be found on the arena, but are simply just there to observe, not to interfere.

SUMMARY: Only Grass, Bug, Water, and Ground Pokemon are allowed. Dig and seismic attacks are allowed. Small brook allows water attacks, but not Surf. Happiny / Chansey / Blissey spectate the match, but do not interfere.
I'm up for the challenge,
One Ability
Items Disabled
Switch= Ko

sounds good?

Athenodoros has passed the two day DQ limit for reffing. Anyone want to subref?
edit: oh nevermind we have it under control, thanks Athenodoros

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Sorry about that, I'll update now. Not sure how I missed that: I thought we were still waiting for someone.

Challenging Atheno

1v1
Singles
2 Day
2 recovery moves, 5 chills
Desert Arena:
Sandy floor, rock pillars scattered around. Open to the sky. (I love this arena)

Alright, time to start getting revenge for past losses.

Ice-Eyes, I challenge you!!!

3 vs. 3 singles
3 Day
2 Recovery, 5 Chill
Dark Cave:
There is absolutely no light in this cavern. A river runs through the center of the arena, although it can be waded across. Boulders litter the ground, and the cavern is about fifteen meters wide. Earthquake and Explosion/Self-Destruct are banned due to the fact they would collapse the cavern, and Weather moves are banned as the arena is underground.

Seeking Challenge!!
Open Battle (with a newb)

3v3
Singles
DQ 5 Days EDIT: I'm unsure of my ability to get internet for the next few days
No restricted moves, 5 chills
Arena up for choosing

Who wants to be my first victim? (or tormentor ;p)

Let's go, bro. If the Arena is up for choosing, Refer to my previous post for Elite Four Will's room, however, increase the flinch chance to 15%

No items
All Abilities
Switch = KO

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge!

3v3
DQ: 3 Days
Recovery: 1 Recovery, 3 Chills
Arena: Winter Riverbank

Summary:
In the midst of winter, a riverbank not too far out from local roads and towns doubles as a wonderfully white and tricky battle arena. There is only skinny, leafless trees that are not very good for cover but will burn well. Patches of ice are scattered loosely in a line resembling the old meandering river, which is shallow regardless during the other seasons of the year. Vegetation is scarce and the ground is lifeless, but the soil is soft enough to Dig through. A steep hill towers over one side of the river, flush with snow that has accumulated.

Weather-wise the air is quite chilly, but the sun is bright and there is a firm south-blowing wind for the planned battle day. No chance for hail, but light rain expected in the late afternoon. Gravel and dirt too mixed with snow to make even a weak sandstorm possible.

Notable features:
- Aside from the wind, the bank is quiet and there will be no distractions Pokemon/people wise.
- Though most of the field is covered by snow, there are patches of ice both hidden and revealed that make the landscape slippery, extra caution is advised unless you have padded feat or a sure step.
- Rain will fall mid-to-late match at the Referee's discretion.
-Steep hill off to the side covered with snow.

Requesting imaginative Ref with confidence in their abilities! Same goes for the challenger!

ok i'll play here

no items
one ability
switch=ko

edit: this was to midou's open challenge :S

Sooo, yeah, I guess I'll ref this. Will be as slow as snow, and as cold as ice, but I'll get it through to the end! Sorry SDS. PM teams!

I'd like to propose something a little different; if it's not within my bounds to do something like this, I'll gladly step down and forget about it should a mod tell me to. Anyway, what I'd like to propose is a chain of battles, all with the same participants, linked together by a common RP plot. I'm thinking 3 battles, because nobody's done something like this and I'd like to start fairly small. If it works out and the participants enjoy, the chain can be lengthened, or we can start a new one with a longer one in mind. I will be the 'ref' of these 3 matches, moderating the battles and controlling any NPCs that may feature prominently (hint hint). Again, in order to start simple, it'll be a series of matches featuring only 2 trainers. If you're interested, you should also be interested in roleplaying; your trainer character should have some sort of personality worked out. Backstory or anything extensive isn't necessary (although you're certainly welcome), just an interest in and willingness to RP. You'll be encouraged to interact with/react to the other trainer beyond just giving your commands in battle or throwing in the occasional taunt -- regular paragraph format is also highly encouraged. Here's the hook that I have in mind:

-----

"It's true!" insisted the barkeep, "I saw 'im with my own two eyes!"

"Oi Tom, anybody tell ya you shouldn't drink on the job?" The jibe had come from one of the patrons of the sparsely populated pub. Relative to Tom, he was at the far end of the bar, nursing an empty glass. He was hunched over and ragged-looking, but his speech was clear, so the night was still young.

The joint they were in looked like exactly the kind of place eccentric individuals would gather and tell outlandish tales in -- it was cared for, but aged in ways that made it look shabby. The tables, chairs and bar were all made of wood, and a whispy layer of smoke hung about the space due to all of the smokers.

His walrus-like mustache bristling in indignation, Tom continued. "I don't need any of yer guff tonight, Sam -- it was a shiny Absol, plain as that empty glass in yer hand. Need a refill, by the way?"

Sam waved his cup in the air and nodded. "And what's that supposed to mean, anyway? 'Shiny'?"

"Well some Pokemon, they're funny lookin' -- different colors, you know." The barkeep's eyes widened as he filled his patron's glass. "This Absol, it had kinda pink fur, and it's horn and tail were bright red."

Sam's eyebrow raised so high, it was in danger of flying right off his face. He took a swig of his drink before rambling, "Uh-huh. So let's say you really saw this 'shiny' Absol." Tom nodded vigorously as Sam continued, clearly unaware that he was being mocked, "What, you just happened to be trekking out in the foothills, and then you happened upon some creepy, run-down ruins, and in these ruins, you just happened to see a bright pink Absol."

Tom's face was practically gleaming with stupid, childlike wonder. Sam could tell that, no matter how crazy it sounded, the barkeep believed it with all his heart.

"Sounds like a Pokemon Trainer's dream, if ya ask me." Sam drained the remainder of his glass and tapped it on the table. At the gesture, Tom turned around to retrieve the bottle as he suggested, "I wouldn't be so sure. Somethin' about that Absol... I tell ya, somethin' was off."

"Off? Besides it being fabulously pink? Or an Absol, for that matter?"

"Only superstitious buffoons believe in all that nonsense about Absol bein' a bad omen and all that. But this one. I tell ya, he looked at me and sent shivers down my spine. Felt like I was never gonna be happy again."

Sam chuckled into his drink, "Well, I'll let all of the 'superstitious buffoons' know that there's an especially evil Absol on the loose. Although, if you're that worried about it... you could always sick Bruiser on him, really give 'im a piece of your mind."

At the mention of 'Bruiser', Sam turned around and tilted his glass toward a grossly obese Stoutland, sleeping on his back in a natty dog bed in the corner of the bar.

Tom absently began to clean a glass, his eyes widening and his voice going low in ominous reverie. "I was quite the trainer in my day... but even then, I'd leave that Absol well enough alone. Some Pokemon are just... bad eggs, if you ask me. And he was one of 'em. Ain't nothin' good can come to anybody that picks a fight with him."

-----

So for any interested RPers out there, there's your hook; the idea is that somehow, you overheard this conversation, and you're headed to the ruins to try and capture this rare Absol. For any mods reading, no I do not intend to hand out Pokemon in any capacity. This is strictly a roleplaying hook, and without spoiling too much, nobody is going to be capturing any Pokemon. Here are the battle specs:

Arena - Mountain Ruins

Nestled deep within some craggy foothills, the trainers have come upon a set of ominous ruins. The ruins themselves are nestled in a small valley, with cliffs rising to the north, east and west. It took our trainers all day to get here, and the sun will be going down soon -- the use of Sunny Day will be ineffective.

The battlefield appears to have once been a courtyard of some sort, with fallen marble pillars and statues of legendary Pokemon littering the area. Toward the far end of the courtyard rises a sheer cliff-face -- set within the cliff is a grandiose archway leading into the ruins below, but we won't be headed down there (yet). In the center of the couryard is a pool of still water that is deep enough to be swam in (why is it filled, I wonder...?). The trainers will eventually encounter Shiny Absol, who will observe, and sometimes alter the battle...

3v3 Singles
All Abilities
No Items
DQ Time - 3 Days
5 Chills/1 Recovery/3 Partial Recoveries

As I said, I will act as the ref for these battles, so the next step is for two RP-willing combatants to step up. This should be fun, and you'll be able to say that you got to participate in the first experimental RP of CAP ASB -- you know you want to!

I'd love to try something like that, assuming my opponent is of roughly the same experience/skill level as myself (Smashlloyd, with your 3 evolved Pokemon, I'm looking at you, LOL).

In as of now, but I reserve the right to change my mind. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)