Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing a challenge out to the world.

4v4 Doubles
DQ: 2 Days (5 Days for Ref)
Basic Stages Only
5 Chills, 3 Recover

Arena: Aisenfield, Ivalice

Welcome to Ivalice! The sun is high over the Aisenfield, flat except for a few bumps and bushes. Prepare for a fun battle, but look now, we seem to have a Judge! The giant armored knight shows up on his chocobo to wreak some havoc! We have some laws to be followed, but don't worry too much, there are some recommended actions as well!

Laws: No Mind Altering Effects (Confusion or Attraction)
No hurting the Judge
No healing allies (No Healing Wish, Wish, Heal Pulse, Heal Bell, or Aromatherapy)

Recommended Actions: Evasion Increasing Moves
Ghost Type Moves
Multi-Hit Moves

Whenever anyone breaks a law the judge will hit them for 10 damage! But whenever anyone uses a recommended action there is no energy penalty!

Ok I was meant to do this a while back, however...

Challenging Frosty.
6v6 Singles
1 Day DQ - let's make it snappy.
3 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena: Frozen Lake
A large lake with a number of small rocky platforms in various places. Due to cold conditions during Winter, it is currently covered a layer of ice, thick in some places but thin in others. The water below is icy cold, but most Water andIce Pokemon should be able to tolerate it. Above the surface is relatively warm; the sky is clear and the sun is bright, but not enough to melt the ice on its own.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I'll take you Solstice. I have some new Pokemon I'd like to level up. Switch = KO, No items, All abilities.

Can we have a ref?

2v2 Doubles
DQ: 3 days (4 for refs)
Pokemon in battle must be able to evolve but unevolved. No Pokemon may evolve at any time.

Arena: Cardboard Cell

An overturned cardboard box. The box covers an area of 15ft by 20ft, with the ceiling 10 feet off the ground. Bright light streams through the handles of the box and through a 1-square-foot hole in the ceiling. The floor is dirt, diggable up to 10 feet, and any attack at all may be used.

The walls cannot be destroyed or damaged. The ceiling can be, but a giant screen door is lying on top of the box; removing the ceiling would only allow weather to pass through.

Rising Dusk accepted. WE NEED A REF.

Will ref mewtwo15025 and Rising Dusk. PM teams etc. Might take a little while to get the battle up. Also, switch, abilities and all that jazz?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
zarator said:
I'M BACK!

4v4 Doubles
DQ Time: 2 days
Restricted moves: No uses of Recover/Rest/Moonlight and their clones, no chills

Arena: N's Castle - Throne Room

The clash between the dragons have devastated the zone, vaporizing all the surrounding water. There are several columns around, but the ceiling has collapsed for the most part, making you able to see the sky above. Will you be able to prevail without the might of the legendary dragons?
Darkamber8828 said:
Accepting zarator, switch=ko, all abilities, no items

Doubles is nearly the same as triples.
Was this forgotten in the midst of posts? I'll ref if so.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok I was meant to do this a while back, however...

Challenging Frosty.
6v6 Singles
1 Day DQ - let's make it snappy.
3 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena: Frozen Lake
A large lake with a number of small rocky platforms in various places. Due to cold conditions during Winter, it is currently covered a layer of ice, thick in some places but thin in others. The water below is icy cold, but most Water andIce Pokemon should be able to tolerate it. Above the surface is relatively warm; the sky is clear and the sun is bright, but not enough to melt the ice on its own.
I accept

Switch = KO
One Ability
No Items

Anyone willing to ref this?

Open Challenge
3v3 Doubles
3 Day DQ
No Recover/Rest, 5 chills

Arena: Warehouse 51- A very large government storehouse full of crates (think the end of Indiana Jones). It's a mystery as to what are inside the crates, some say tax documents, some say the Ark of the Covenant, and some say alien bodies. A few of the guards have snuck in and pushed the crates around to make a rectangular space for Pokemon battles. They say it's okay if any of the crates get broken open as long as the trainers help clean up after the match (in other words, the crates can be opened to reveal an object/item/nothing, up to the ref).
Summary: Indoor arena full of breakable crates that may or may not contain objects.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
RE-ISSUING CHALLENGE

THE UNBEATABLE TEAM OF DARKSLAY AND SMASHLLOYD20 ARE LOOKING FOR CHALLENGERS (WE ARE 1-0 SO UNDEFEATED SUCKAS)

2 & 2 V 2 & 2
Tag Battle
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
Arena: Team Unbeatable Arena

Welcome to the TEAM UNBEATABLE ARENA! This arena is constructed specifically for the unbeatable team that is the best ever. It's a large boxing ring-like platform surrounded by hundreds of Team Unbeatable fans in the crowd! There is a large symbol in the center of the platform with two large heads, one a Drapion and the other an Aggron. The platform is made of dirt, so it's stable for Earthquakes and there are places to Dig. There is a water source for Water moves like Surf.

Note: You MUST have a partner to participate in this battle.

Hi I would like to battle now that I have a reliable computor.

3vs3

I will leave the choice of stadium up to the challenger as the rules say I can. In return for this I move last.

(btw if you can't find my team its the fith post on the first page, will get a link shortly)

Looking for my first battle
3 vs 3 singles
DQ: I think 1 day (can be changed if needed)
2 recovers, 5 chills
Swich = KO

Arena: The Valley of the Dolls

A green alley in the afternoon, the sun is beginning to fall down the trees and the light of the afteroon creates long shadows in the ground whit long strings shadows and things hanging from them, there are dolls hanging from some trees, looking at the battlers and judging them from the shadows, the woods are near but there is a big clear in the midle, the trees are surrounding the battlefield, still there are no noises to be heard, so don't worry, mischiveous pokemons are not gonna ruin your fun... probably

Right, I have a match that I hope promises to be interesting...

6v6 Singles/Doubles/Triples (challenger's choice)
Restrictions:
- Switching is ENABLED
- Items are OFF
- 3 Recoveries, no Chills (disputable)
- DQ Time is 3 Days for battlers, 5 days for the ref (grace periods may be given)
- Combined Rarity rating for all Pokemon cannot be exceed 20
Arena: Pokemon Stadium

A classic Pokemon battling arena: the typical lengthwise field of sod decorated with a Pokeball in the middle, as well as starting and boundary lines. The platforms shown in the picture are for the trainers, and will be situated along the outside of the arena, rather than the center. At the end of every round, the arena changes to one of 8 elemental fields (non-repeating). This type-based field lasts for two full rounds (6 turns) before returning to normal. The field will always remain in the normal state for one full round (including the beginning of the match) before changing again. The layout and effects of the different elemental fields are as follows:

- Rock: Enables the use of Rock-based moves such as Rock Slide and Rock Tomb. The movement and maneuverability of Flying or airborne Pokemon is greatly reduced by the towering rock masses. The cacti in the arena mimic the move Spikes, causing damage to any Pokemon that hits them (acts as a field/movement hazard, NOT an entry hazard).

- Grass: Grass-type and Bug-type Pokemon feel very at home in this foresty stage. Grass-type attacks have their base damage boosted by 1 and their energy cost reduced by 1, while Bug-type Pokemon have the energy cost of all Bug-type attacks and Dodge commands reduced by 1.

- Water: Allows unlimited use of all Water-moves. Environmental moves such as Surf are enabled, and the energy cost of Water-type moves is reduced by 2. Swift Swim is active for all Pokemon that reside in the pond at one end of the stage. Electric-type attacks aimed at Pokemon in the water have perfect accuracy (akin to Aura Sphere or Swift).

- Fire: The arena blazes with intense heat; Fire-type attacks have their damage output boosted by 25%, while Water-type moves have their damage reduced by 25%. The likelihood of Pokemon recieving burns from moves that inflict Burn is raised by 10%.

- Electric: The spinning turbines in the arena cause a lot of static electricity buildup in the area, boosting the damage output of all Electric-type moves by 25%. Additionally, any Pokemon attempting to remain on the treadmills must spend 3 energy per turn to stay there without falling off the stage or to move across it, but being on the treadmill doubles the static electricity buildup, boosting the chance of paralysis for all Electricity-based paralyzing moves by 15%.

- Flying: Fans blow upward from underneath the stage, reducing gravity for all Pokemon present. The energy penalty for remaining airborne with Fly is eliminated altogether, and the Jump command is much easier to use; Pokemon using it may remain airborne for a little while depending on the Pokemon's weight. The energy cost of all wind-based attacks is reduced by 1.

- Ground: The ground is extremely soft and malleable here, reducing Ground-type attacks' energy cost by 1, and lowering the energy cost for consecutive Digging by 2. Electric-type attacks have their power greatly reduced here, as if Mud Sport were in effect.

- Ice: Ice-type moves become more powerful due to the frosty air. All Ice-type moves have their base damage boosted by 1, and the Freeze chance of all moves is boosted by 5%. The effect of burns is neutralized while this stage is in effect (though it will resume after the stage's duration is complete). Additionally, the ground is very slippery, restricting movement and making Dodge commands very difficult (according to the ref's discretion) for any non-Ice type Pokemon on the ground.

Also, each trainer will be given the option to switch Pokemon when the stage shifts; this will proceed in the same turn order as it would if the trainers were attacking, and it does NOT take up a turn in the round. After both trainers decide whether or not to switch, attack orders proceed normally.

NOTE: The field is not to the scale that it is in Super Smash Bros, but rather about twice that size for ample maneuverability.

I would like to be one of the people to participate in this match, however, I will be more than willing to ref it instead if no refs decide they are up for the task, or MAYBE if two people decide they specifically want to duke it out here. This promises to be a very long match, ye be warned!

If elDino wants it to be a singles match I guess I could ref (If you're fine with a new ref), but if it's doubles or triples I'll let someone else take it.

Also, gonna look for a match as well.

2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 days
2 Recovers/5 chills
Arena:

A small island with a large wall around the centre of it, surrounded by deep water. Battles can be held within the island or in the water, but if a Pokemon drifts too far away from the main island (up to the ref's discretion) it will get lost and take one action to swim back to the battle area.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If elDino wants it to be a singles match I guess I could ref (If you're fine with a new ref), but if it's doubles or triples I'll let someone else take it.

Also, gonna look for a match as well.

2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 days
2 Recovers/5 chills
Arena:

A small island with a large wall around the centre of it, surrounded by deep water. Battles can be held within the island or in the water, but if a Pokemon drifts too far away from the main island (up to the ref's discretion) it will get lost and take one action to swim back to the battle area.
Yeh, it's singles it says in the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)