Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEEKING OPPONENT.

3v3 Doubles
2 Recovers, 2 Rests, 5 Chills per Pokemon
DQ: 3 days for players, 5 for refs.

All Pokemon used must be able to evolve. (Klang? Yes. Klinklang? No.)
Pokemon cannot evolve into their final stages during battle. (Klink can evolve, but Klang cannot.)

I will move second and allow my taker to design the stage.

3v3 Doubles
2 Recovers, 2 Rests, 5 Chills per Pokemon
DQ: 3 days for players, 5 for refs.

All Pokemon used must be able to evolve. (Klang? Yes. Klinklang? No.)
Pokemon cannot evolve into their final stages during battle. (Klink can evolve, but Klang cannot.)

I will move second and allow my taker to design the stage.
I'll ref this one when it happens.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Challenging an old hand.

Vs Cartoons!

5v5 Mini-Brawl
DQ time: 2 days(3 for refs)

Arena: Rainbow Ride from sm64, on the sip at the top of the level.

Challenging an old hand.

Vs Cartoons!

5v5 Mini-Brawl
DQ time: 2 days(3 for refs)

Arena: Rainbow Ride from sm64, on the sip at the top of the level.
what is this 5v5 Mini-Brawl grossness? I'll do it, but that's sick.

And rainbow road to boot?

As long as we're being crazy:

ALL abilities
No Items
Switching=none

Open Challenge

2Vs2 Doubles
(Unevolved Only)
3 Day DQ Time

Arena: Dragon's Den (Johto)

An Island in the middle of an underground lake. The historic home of dragon Pokemon gives off an aura which boosts the base power of dragon moves by 2. All attacking moves permitted.
0 Recovers/Rests, 2 Chills.

Issuing an open challenge!

1v1 singles
3 Day DQ
No Recovers, No Chills (Why, you ask? Why don't you look at the arena to find out!)

The arena is a desert.

Basically, everyone has a Thirst Counter. If the Thirst Counter for a pokemon goes to 10, then that pokemon di-i mean faints. There are 5 cacti in the general vicinity. At anytime you can break a cactus using a move (counts as an action) and drink the water from it, which is the same as using a Chill.

There is a 5% chance of rain at the beginning of a round. If it rains, rain is in effect for that round and the Thirst Counter for all pokemon out drops back to zero.

Surf cannot be used since there isn't any water. Dig uses 5 more energy than usual, since the sand keeps coming down when you dig through it. Pokemon that thrive in the sand have their Thirst Counter drop every even round. They also don't spend as much energy using Dig.

Open Challenge

2Vs2 Doubles
(Unevolved Only)
3 Day DQ Time

An Island in the middle of an underground lake. The historic home of dragon Pokemon gives off an aura which boosts the base power of dragon moves by 2. All attacking moves permitted.
I accept.

All abilities
Switch=Troll
No items

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge

2Vs2 Doubles
(Unevolved Only)
3 Day DQ Time

I accept.

All abilities
Switch=Troll
No items
I'll take this. PM teams!

3v3
Singles
3 Days
2 recovery moves, 5 chills

Andy's Toybox:
The toybox from the Toy Story series. The floor is made up of toys, but is solid and unmoving. However, after five rounds every two rounds Andy will hunt through the toybox a bit, causing the entire arena to shake violently for that round. Because it's a toybox, only unevolved Pokemon may be used.

Open Challenge
4v4 Doubles
2 Recovers/5 Chills/No Sleep Moves
DQ Time: 36 Hrs

Arena: Cerulean Cave
The den of Mewtwo, Cerulean Cave is only open to the most powerful of Trainers, but someone knocked out the man guarding the entrance, so any who wish may explore. Although the deeper levels were caved in by Red's battle with Mewtwo after his conquest of the Elite Four, there still exists a spacious chamber in which there are many channels of water and slightly inadequate lighting. Daring adventurers may enter, and Mewtwo itself may occasionally appear. Naturally, this is a cave, so many opportunities for ingenious battling exist.

Long story short: Lots of water, somewhat poor lighting, 40% chance of an adventurer entering and using a random pokemon's random move on a random target, 10% chance of Mewtwo using a random move on a random target. Other logical improvisations concerning caves may occur.

I'd give him until nighttime today to respond back. If he doesn't, then anyone else up to it can go subref it. 4 days of absences without any word of what's going on doesn't really help.

Actually, I'll just do it. 4 days has been over the DQ of the match anyway. Sorry Doominic!

I'm giving him a grace period though. I'll be back at around 7:00 PM, PST due to college. If he responds, then that would be awesome.

edit: I saw his VM. Good thing I'm lazy. I'll give him tomorrow.
I think we're gonna need someone to take over the match (LINK)

Its now been 5 days since all the actions were up and more than a day since doominic said he was going to have the first ref post up.

open challenge
4v4 multi battle
This isn't some pussy "I want to train my Pokemon!" battle. Use your strongest Pokemon.
DQ: 1 day
2 recovery 5 chill
From what I can tell, this doesn't seem to be happening any time soon, so I'm gonna withdraw my entrance from this battle. :\ I'll take something that I might actually be able to do without having nothing to post in for a week.

Floraedit: For anyone taking the above challenge, we need one more person. It's already posted here. You will automatically be paired with LupusAter. Post in this thread saying you're accepting it and PM me your Pokemon, up to 3 (but you're using 2 Pokemon). Also sorry Banryu for the post jacking, just didn't want to post.

I'll take Smashlloyd's challenge instead.

-1 Ability
-No switch
-No items

Open Challenge
4v4 Doubles
2 Recovers/5 Chills/No Sleep Moves
DQ Time: 36 Hrs

Arena: Cerulean Cave
The den of Mewtwo, Cerulean Cave is only open to the most powerful of Trainers, but someone knocked out the man guarding the entrance, so any who wish may explore. Although the deeper levels were caved in by Red's battle with Mewtwo after his conquest of the Elite Four, there still exists a spacious chamber in which there are many channels of water and slightly inadequate lighting. Daring adventurers may enter, and Mewtwo itself may occasionally appear. Naturally, this is a cave, so many opportunities for ingenious battling exist.

Long story short: Lots of water, somewhat poor lighting, 40% chance of an adventurer entering and using a random pokemon's random move on a random target, 10% chance of Mewtwo using a random move on a random target. Other logical improvisations concerning caves may occur.
Will ref when someone accepts. PM teams and all that jazz etc.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge
2vs2 doubles
DQ: 2 days
0 Recoveries/5 Chills

Arena:

Johto's National Park during the Bug Catching Contest. There is a fountain in the middle, some grass surrounding (tall grass north and a shorter one south) and Trees around the whole thing. Or you can just check: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/HGSS_National_Park.png .

Every round 2 20hp bug pokemon will appear according to the folllowing percentage: 20% for caterpie/weedle to appear; 10% for Metapod/Kakuna/Venonat/Paras to appear and 5% for Butterfree/Beedrill/Scyther/Pinsir to appear. They won't attack you unless you attack them.

If you manage to defeat any of them, you will receive a prize consisting in a special potion to restore 20/30/40hp from a pokemon of your choice (does not take an action). The amount of hp restored will depend on the pokemon defeated (20 for caterpie/weedle, 30 for Metapod/Kakuna/Venonat/Paras and 40 for Scyther/Pinsir/Butterfree/Beedrill).

Open Challenge
2vs2 doubles
DQ: 2 days
0 Recoveries/5 Chills

Arena:

Johto's National Park during the Bug Catching Contest. There is a fountain in the middle, some grass surrounding (tall grass north and a shorter one south) and Trees around the whole thing. Or you can just check: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/HGSS_National_Park.png .

Every round 2 20hp bug pokemon will appear according to the folllowing percentage: 20% for caterpie/weedle to appear; 10% for Metapod/Kakuna/Venonat/Paras to appear and 5% for Butterfree/Beedrill/Scyther/Pinsir to appear. They won't attack you unless you attack them.

If you manage to defeat any of them, you will receive a prize consisting in a special potion to restore 20/30/40hp from a pokemon of your choice (does not take an action). The amount of hp restored will depend on the pokemon defeated (20 for caterpie/weedle, 30 for Metapod/Kakuna/Venonat/Paras and 40 for Scyther/Pinsir/Butterfree/Beedrill).

I shuckles my hero accept.
items=no
abillitys=one
switch=okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)