Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!!
2v2 Doubles
DQ: 2 days
2 Recovers/5 Chills etc
Arena:

OK, so we've got a pretty bad ass arena with a lava waterfall. It's pretty hot, but it's still cold/the sun is setting/it's cloudy enough to not make it sunny day/boost fire attacks. However, the ocean in the back is dealing with heated water from the lava, so that makes it harder/less practical to use ice attacks with the heat and the density of salt

ionno what pokemon i want to use, i'm leaning towards training baby mons though

image link
I don't believe anyone has accepted this, so I'll take it up.

Switch = non existent
All abilities
No items

Quick question I should have asked earlier too, for a match like this do I PM the ref the 2 pokes I'm using or just my list of available ones then pick from those when I release them?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I'll ref this.

As for the number of Pokemon to PM, PM three if the battle needs three or fewer Pokemon from you or the number of Pokemon needed if it is more than three. In this case, you'd PM three.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Objection

1v1 Singles
DQ = 36 hours (double for ref)
Arena: A Scrapyard, patrolled by Garbodor and Trubbish who will attack with a random move if they deem you to have harmed their home (ref discretion mostly, but EQ is a definite no-no as the piles of cars will fall, and moves SE on Poison will have a greater impact). There is a circle of 5 appliances (I'm sure you can guess which ones) in the centre.

Challenging Charmander to a 3v3 doubles!
3 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
I'll let Charmander choose the arena in exchange for sending out my mons second (I believe that's how it works?)

Also challenging iiMKUltra to a 4v4 doubles!
3 day DQ
2 recovers / 5 chills
Arena:<Engineer> Rectangular arena about twenty by thirty feet long
<Engineer> Hard-packed dirt
<smashlloyd20> but diggable
<Engineer> surrounded by a moat of water five feet wide
The tourney arena.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Also challenging iiMKUltra to a 4v4 doubles!
3 day DQ
2 recovers / 5 chills
Arena:<Engineer> Rectangular arena about twenty by thirty feet long
<Engineer> Hard-packed dirt
<smashlloyd20> but diggable
<Engineer> surrounded by a moat of water five feet wide
The tourney arena.
Y U NO PICK GOOD ARENA
Switch=OK
No Items
One Ability

Accepting Flamestrike vs iiMKUltra and Flamestrike vs -Charmander-; PM me your teams and I'll have the threads up soon.
The 4v4 will have to wait until I finish my Battle Subway challenge; I only have 3 Pokemon available to battle until then. iiMK if you want to drop the match I have no problem with it, I have no idea how long my BS challenge will be.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
Switch=OK (I want to play a Switch Enabled battle for once)
Arena: Obelisk Temple

Obelisk Temple is an Egyptian-esque Temple where a collection of Sarcophagus reside. The arena itself is a room made of man-made solid ground, which consists of endless bricks, the sort commonly used for Pyramids. It's 50x50 metres in length & width & 30m in height, & around the edges of the arena, there are endless sarcophagus that look harmless, however some are cursed. Whether you touch a harmless one or a cursed one comes down to chance...

• 45% of the Sarcophagus are harmless & nothing happens.
  • 35% are cursed, & when touched, you'll wake up a wild Cofagrigus that will make your ability Mummy & they'll also use Hex on you at close range, which is unavoidable.
  • The other 20%? Those ones are also cursed, however, these ones open up & a wild Revenankh appears, which it will then proceed to grab the Pokemon that hit the sarcophagus, immobilising it until either it or the Pokemon it's holding is hit.
  • In addition, the arena is also inhabited by Yamask, touch them & they'll use Curse on you.
Luckily, there are no items in the centre of the arena to worry about, & since it's indoors, no weather may occur...

Summary: 50x50x30m dimensions, indoors, no weather, undiggable surface, cursed sarcophagus, & endless Yamask inhabit the arena.

Anyways, anyone want to battle on this rather complex arena? (I'd like it if the opponent & referee were active...)

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Flamestrike, bro, I'm sorry, but we need to see other people. I hope you understand.

/me dumps Flamestrike

Challenging DW!
4v4 Doubles
DQ Time = 36 hours (double for ref)
Arena: Tick Tock Clock from Super Mario 64. On the starting platform there is a conveniently placed fan, toaster and fridge. At the top of the tower, there is a Power Star that must be touched (so no Thunders to get it) that increases the team that retrieves its Attack and Special Attack by one rank for five actions.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
Switch=OK (I want to play a Switch Enabled battle for once)
Arena: Obelisk Temple

Obelisk Temple is an Egyptian-esque Temple where a collection of Sarcophagus reside. The arena itself is a room made of man-made solid ground, which consists of endless bricks, the sort commonly used for Pyramids. It's 50x50 metres in length & width & 30m in height, & around the edges of the arena, there are endless sarcophagus that look harmless, however some are cursed. Whether you touch a harmless one or a cursed one comes down to chance...

• 45% of the Sarcophagus are harmless & nothing happens.
  • 35% are cursed, & when touched, you'll wake up a wild Cofagrigus that will make your ability Mummy & they'll also use Hex on you at close range, which is unavoidable.
  • The other 20%? Those ones are also cursed, however, these ones open up & a wild Revenankh appears, which it will then proceed to grab the Pokemon that hit the sarcophagus, immobilising it until either it or the Pokemon it's holding is hit.
  • In addition, the arena is also inhabited by Yamask, touch them & they'll use Curse on you.
Luckily, there are no items in the centre of the arena to worry about, & since it's indoors, no weather may occur...

Summary: 50x50x30m dimensions, indoors, no weather, undiggable surface, cursed sarcophagus, & endless Yamask inhabit the arena.

Anyways, anyone want to battle on this rather complex arena? (I'd like it if the opponent & referee were active...)
I'll take you on Random.

Items-No
One Ability
Alright, time for me to make 50 mistakes with switching enabled!

PM teams!

edit: also making a 1v1 open battle.

gimme a minute or an hour

Okay.

1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ Time
0 recoveries/0 chills
Arena: A children park outside. Some big trees and rocks spread at random locations. There's a playground with swings and all that kiddy stuff... but that's just there for no reason.

RULES: Play nicely! Respect each other!

Summary: What is not nice in THIS park: hitting each other for super effective damage, using Surf/Earthquake and moves related to that (Magnitude/Muddy Water/Bulldoze), and running away (as in quitting the match!). That's not nice. Also, it's not nice to use evolved or single-staged Pokemon (aka use pre-evos).

You also gotta say "gg" if you lose or win.

edited: added in some random rocks so that deadfox081 can Rock Slide... depending if he needs it against my Pokemon lol.

edit: I updated the OP with a type of battle called Beginner Battle. Deck came up with this in the last SotG, which I think is fine for the new people here (and for people looking to train their new Pokemon). Read the OP for more about it!

Flamestrike, bro, I'm sorry, but we need to see other people. I hope you understand.

/me dumps Flamestrike

Challenging DW!
4v4 Doubles
DQ Time = 36 hours (double for ref)
Arena: Tick Tock Clock from Super Mario 64. On the starting platform there is a conveniently placed fan, toaster and fridge. At the top of the tower, there is a Power Star that must be touched (so no Thunders to get it) that increases the team that retrieves its Attack and Special Attack by one rank for five actions.
Taking the game.

No items.
Switch = KO
All Abilities

EDIT: Going to request the battle be delayed for a few days.
Reffin this, PM me your shit. 4 mons each.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Challenging Athenodoros, when he's free, to a nail-biting battle of Magikarp vs. Caterpie!

1v1 Singles
3 Day DQ
INFINITE recoveries, 5 chills

Arena:
Coral Reef said:

Pokémon who cannot breathe underwater will be equipped with Scuba kit, which for competitive purposes is not there.
And here's Caterpie in a scuba-diving kit for your viewing pleasure.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Well no one can resist a gif of a Caterpie with scuba gear, so I'll have to accept. Although it will have to wait until THAT GOOD FOR NOTHING IIMKULTRA GETS UP OUT OF HIS HOPELESS TIMEZONE TO FINISH OUR MATCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)