Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A strike of creativity hits me, I must post an Open Challenge.
3 v 3 Singles
DQ: 3 days
Arena: Hall of Origin
The battle will take place in the vaunted Hall Of Origin. The field is a large hall with tall pillars scattered through the arena and a large stairway leading to a platform with Arceus sleeping atop it. Every round/action (acceptors choice) there is a chance of outside action. There is a 5% chance of Palkia appearing and using Spacial Rend damaging both combatants for 20 damage. There is a 5% chance of Dialga appearing and using Roar of Time costing each participnt 20 energy. There is a 5% chance of Giratina appearing and using Shadow Force, permanantly disabling all actions used that round. Finally, there is 1% chance of Arceus awakening and usin Judgement, with a 20% chnce of both parties being spared, and an 80% chance of both parties being condemned to Hell (KOed).

Good luck and have fun.

P.S. I will be using NFE's, avoidance of FE's is appreciated.

I'm going to issue an open challenge.
4v4 Doubles
3 day DQ, but as always, refs can have up to a week.
EDIT: Also, Rising_Dusk cannot accept, i preferably do not want to be beaten to a pulp again. Sorry!
Arena: Slightly altered Monster Hunter Tri Arena

It's pretty much the arena in offline multiplayer arena. The ground is sand, so it's easy to dig into it, but Surf cannot be used. The best part about this arena is the monsters, each of which have a 25% chance 1 in 3 chance to appear, but not on consecutive rounds, plus only one monster can come out per round. The monsters come in before the mons attack and cannot be attacked in return.

Great Jaggi: 3 attack, uses Headbutt, no STAB.
Qurupeco: 2 attack, uses Pluck with STAB.
Barroth: 4 attack, uses Skull Bash, but still goes before all other actions. No STAB.
Rathian: 4 Special Attack, uses Dragonbreath with STAB.

I'm going to issue an open challenge.
4v4 Doubles
3 day DQ, but as always, refs can have up to a week.
EDIT: Also, Rising_Dusk cannot accept, i preferably do not want to be beaten to a pulp again. Sorry!
Arena: Slightly altered Monster Hunter Tri Arena

It's pretty much the arena in offline multiplayer arena. The ground is sand, so it's easy to dig into it, but Surf cannot be used. The best part about this arena is the monsters, each of which have a 25% chance 1 in 3 chance to appear, but not on consecutive rounds, plus only one monster can come out per round. The monsters come in before the mons attack and cannot be attacked in return.

Great Jaggi: 3 attack, uses Headbutt, no STAB.
Qurupeco: 2 attack, uses Pluck with STAB.
Barroth: 4 attack, uses Skull Bash, but still goes before all other actions. No STAB.
Rathian: 4 Special Attack, uses Dragonbreath with STAB.
Accepting

All abilities, No Items, No Switch.

3 v 3 Singles
The battle will take place in the vaunted Hall Of Origin. The field is a large hall with tall pillars scattered through the arena and a large stairway leading to a platform with Arceus sleeping atop it. Every round/action (acceptors choice) there is a chance of outside action. There is a 5% chance of Palkia appearing and using Spacial Rend damaging both combatants for 20 damage. There is a 5% chance of Dialga appearing and using Roar of Time costing each participnt 20 energy. There is a 5% chance of Giratina appearing and using Shadow Force, permanantly disabling all actions used that round. Finally, there is 1% chance of Arceus awakening and usin Judgement, with a 20% chnce of both parties being spared, and an 80% chance of both parties being condemned to Hell (KOed).

Good luck and have fun.

I accept, and I am fine with the extra chances.
Switch= KO
One ability
Items disabled

need a ref.

Looking for a beginner battle

Pokemon per side: 2
Singles
DQ: 2 days
Restricted Moves: 2 recovery moves, 2 chills

Arena: The roof of a very high sky scraper, the field is small and made of concrete, there is a small elevator shack near the edge of one of the sides on which a pokemon could stand, if a pokemon falls off the skyscraper it has a 5% chance(decided by ref) of being caught by a dragonite and replaced on the roof with 20 restored hp and energy. If the dragonite misses the pokemon it will fall to its death and be KOed (no mater how much hp it has). It is noon and comfortable warm but not humid, the wind is very strong.

Dig, earth power, and all water moves are not allowed,
Earthquake will destroy the field killing all pokes (with the exception of flying and levitating pokemon) outside of there balls (If this happens field will become a road with the same move restrictions)
I'm accepting this battle.

Switch = KO
no items
1 ability

Bump

I'd like to keep my Battles going, so here's another beginner battle, with tweaks from my seek Texas took.

Open Challenge
5 VS 5 (Challenger's choice Between Doubles or Triples)
2 day DQ time, 3 days for ref
4 recoveries, 6 chills per Pokemon for my generosity, just don't chill for the whole round or twice in one round!
Arena (feel free to tweak around!):
Dawn Stadium

Each Grass-type Pokemon has 2 extra recovery moves to the restrictions. Each Water-type Pokemon has 2 Extra Chills to the restrictions. When a chill occurs, that Pokemon:
  • Recovers 15% Energy or, for Grass and Water-type Pokemon, 20%, 24%, 30%, or in a 2% chance, 75% on the ref's discretion, energy instead of 12%
  • Recovers from one major Status Problem or, for Grass and Water-Type Pokemon, All status problems, including minor, negative Status effects and, in a 5% chance on the ref's discretion, Stat reductions
  • Recovers 5, 10, or, for Grass and Water-type Pokemon, 15, 20, 25, or in a 2% chance, all HP on the ref's discretion.

Also, no fully evolved or single-staged pokemon allowed.
Anyone up for this (I Tweaked it the restrictions a bit)? If no one takes it in 1 and a half days, This will be a Challenge to Master Bane instead.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, so me and TheMogRunner now need a ref (Note that the bonus chance of actions will occur every action (3 times a round)).

Challenging TravelLog to a match!

3v3 singles
2 day DQ time for battlers, 3 day DQ time for ref (but please, try not to take 3 days each time)
No move or pokemon restrictions whatsoever (except for those in the arena description)
Arena: Mauville Game Corner

Being an indoors arena, weather moves/abilities cannot be used. There is no external water source for moves like Surf, and seismic moves like Earthquake and Earth Power would do too much structural damage and are also banned. Dig is OK though.

Both trainers have the option of playing roulette once each round except on round 1. This does not take up an action but it does cost 10% of the pokemon's max HP and 5 energy and happens at the start of a round. Here is a crude illustration of the roulette wheel:

(yeah they're meant to be equally sized spaces but I couldn't get them equally sized so this'll have to do)
Trainers may bet on a particular space (eg, orange makuhita), a particular colour (eg, green) or a particular pokemon (eg, azurill). If there are any bets, the roulette wheel will be spun and it has an equal chance of landing on each space (1/12). If a trainer wins, their pokemon gets one of the following prizes:
  • Bet on a particular colour: pokemon regains 20 HP and 10 energy
  • Bet on a particular pokemon: pokemon regains 25 HP and 10 energy and its most recently acquired status effect is removed
  • Bet on a particular space: pokemon regains 50 HP and 25 energy and all status effects on it are removed
The stake of 10% max HP and 5 energy is not returned under any circumstances.

dropping my Hoover Dam thing to accept Objection's challenge.

All abilities
Switch=House Always Wins (KO)
no items

Now we need a ref.

K, time for yet another battle!

This is a 1v1 Doubles!! (Yes, 1v1 Doubles)
5 Chills/2 Recoveries Total
2 Day DQ for both players & ref

Arena: Mewtwo was created by cloning Mew's cells. This battle will take place there. When your single pokemon enters the chemicals in the air will clone it, creating 2 of the same pokemon. They are two separate pokemon, they each get 3 actions, and must be targeted separately. The pokemon used will gain twice as much counters however. When ordering, players will have a <Pokemon> #1 and <Pokemon> #2. Before the battle starts, the player will tell the ref which one is the real one. In order to win, the real one must be knocked out, regardless of the state of the clone is in.

Btw, i want to battle someone new, so please accept only if I have not battled you.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
K, time for yet another battle!

Arena: Mewtwo was created by cloning Mew's cells. This battle will take place there. When your single pokemon enters the chemicals in the air will clone it, creating 2 of the same pokemon. They are two separate pokemon, they each get 3 actions, and must be targeted separately. The pokemon used will gain twice as much counters however. When ordering, players will have a <Pokemon> #1 and <Pokemon> #2. Before the battle starts, the player will tell the ref which one is the real one. In order to win, the real one must be knocked out, regardless of the state of the clone is in.

Btw, i want to battle someone new, so please accept only if I have not battled you.
I'll do this.

Switch = Maybe....
All Abilities
No items

The challenge Fire Blast issued was very interesting, and I will make the same challenge:

I am adding in that it can only be fully unevolved mons (and no single-stages!) and I am changing the thing with the real one and the clone and making it that the battle is only over once both are KOed. Clones are Pokemon too!

oops, RitterCat. I didn't see your post. I promised Objection we'd have a 3v3. With that match, I'll be in 3. Once one ends though I can go against you.

3 v 3 Singles

Good luck and have fun.

I accept, and I am fine with the extra chances.
Switch= KO
One ability
Items disabled

need a ref.
teams!

I'd like to keep my Battles going, so here's another beginner battle, with tweaks from my seek Texas took.

Open Challenge
5 VS 5 (Challenger's choice Between Doubles or Triples)
2 day DQ time, 3 days for ref
4 recoveries, 6 chills per Pokemon for my generosity, just don't chill for the whole round or twice in one round!
Arena (feel free to tweak around!):
Dawn Stadium

Each Grass-type Pokemon has 2 extra recovery moves to the restrictions. Each Water-type Pokemon has 2 Extra Chills to the restrictions. When a chill occurs, that Pokemon:
  • Recovers 15% Energy or, for Grass and Water-type Pokemon, 20%, 24%, 30%, or in a 2% chance, 75% on the ref's discretion, energy instead of 12%
  • Recovers from one major Status Problem or, for Grass and Water-Type Pokemon, All status problems, including minor, negative Status effects and, in a 5% chance on the ref's discretion, Stat reductions
  • Recovers 5, 10, or, for Grass and Water-type Pokemon, 15, 20, 25, or in a 2% chance, all HP on the ref's discretion.

Also, no fully evolved or single-staged pokemon allowed.
Anyone up for this (I Tweaked it the restrictions a bit)? If no one takes it in 1 and a half days, This will be a Challenge to Master Bane instead.[/QUOTE]Time-bump. If no one is up for this by 7:00 EST 24-hour time tomorrow, I'll drop it. So, if anyone wants to take this match, Better Hurry and do so!

Open Challenge (anybody but Objection)
1 vs 1 Singles (no, doubles)
No chills/recoveries
2 Day DQ

Arena: Another Cave
Another battle deep inside a dark cave with no water. The walls are softer this time, so dig can be used. (never done this before ; P )

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looking for another battle...

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
No Recovers/Chills
LC ELIGIBLE MONS ONLY

Arena: Smoke Factory
This factory manufactures a strange substance: poisonous smoke. This smog is present all over the arena, making it quite hard to see for Pokemon that don't have evolutionary traits that allow them to see; this results in a 15% (flat) reduction in accuracy for Pokemon that are unable to see, regardless of distance. Because this smoke is poisonous, all Pokemon that are not Poison or Steel-typed have a 25% chance to become badly poisoned at the end of each round.

The challenge Fire Blast issued was very interesting, and I will make the same challenge:

I am adding in that it can only be fully unevolved mons (and no single-stages!) and I am changing the thing with the real one and the clone and making it that the battle is only over once both are KOed. Clones are Pokemon too!
I accept!

Switch=LOL
No items
One ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)