Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginner Battle
3vs3 Singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
2 Day DQ

Arena: The Valley of the Dolls (i love this field)

A green alley in the afternoon, the sun is beginning to fall down the trees and the light of the afteroon creates long shadows in the ground whit long strings shadows and things hanging from them, there are dolls hanging from some trees, looking at the battlers and judging them from the shadows, the woods are near but there is a big clear in the midle, the trees are surrounding the battlefield, still there are no noises to be heard, so don't worry, mischiveous pokemons are not gonna ruin your fun... probably
Since I have a battle slot or two left (depending on whether the rumors I heard of raids not taking a battle slot are true,) I'll get a little training for some of my many NFEs in.

NFE's only with no pre-battle evolution to final stages (first to midway stages are acceptable, I.E. Spheal to Sealeo, Bulbasaur to Ivysaur, etc.), 5v5 Doubles
1 recovery/5 chills
2 days DQ
Arena: Aquarium Park

A 16' wide square pagoda that is 12' high within a 40' radius circular patio of stone surrounded by 10' deep water. The arena is founded on stone. To get a feel for the looks of this arena, google "Aquarium Park Sonic Colors."
Accepting both of these!

QuantumDerp: 5v5 Doubles

Last I checked, you only have three mons and cannot accept the battle.

Thus, I will update the challenge, since I've had the mind to nab my 15th Pokemon.

Open Challenge

NFE's only, with a combined rarity of 15 [adding +1 rarity for Pokemon that are partially evolved, I.e. Sealeo has 3 rarity while Spheal has 2], 6v6 Doubles
1 recovery/5 chills
2 days DQ

A 16' wide square pagoda that is 12' high within a 40' radius circular patio of stone surrounded by 10' deep water. The arena is founded on stone. To get a feel for the looks of this arena, google "Aquarium Park Sonic Colors." Rock Slide can be used via the pavement. Dig works.

Damnit, I only read the part about the water arena and NFE's. Now because I'm not maxed out on battles I'll post a challenge.

2v2 doubles
Beginner Battle
3 day dq
no recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Pure Springs
An area that was at one point hit by a meteor shower covering it in craters which are now filled with some of the purest water in the world filling the craters via underground springs. The water in the craters has no sediment or any lifeforms within it. The landscape is pockmarked with the craters, though they are not very deep, the deepest ones are no deeper than 3 feet. Otherwise the landscape is rather rocky. There is a large Obelisk in the middle of the area built by Native people who believed the spot to be sacred. While the Obelisk has no inherent powers it is over 15 feet high and extremely strong making it a perfect place to bombard enemies using ranged attacks from.

Also Vancouver lost, this is horrible.

I've got a challenge for some more beginning battlers. Match is intended for freshly-caught, untrained Pokemon (which I will be using), so any challengers, take note of that and choose accordingly, please.

3v3 Triples
- 2 day DQ for players, 3 day DQ for Ref (both with some leniency)
- No Chills/Recoveries
EXCEPT in the event that the match becomes 1v1, in which case 1 Recovery and 3 Chills will be allowed to the final combatants
- Only Pokemon eligible for Little Cup allowed (eligible-but-banned is fine)
- Arena: challenger's choice, if they want to choose; otherwise this. v

A modified version of the standard Tournament Arena. Instead of dirt, the ground is a field of sod that is difficult to dig through and provides no rocky material for rock-based field attacks, nor water for water-based field attacks. Camouflage and Nature Power treat the base stage as Normal-type or neutral. At the end of every round, the arena changes to one of 8 elemental fields (non-repeating). This type-based field lasts for two full rounds before returning to normal. The field will always remain in the normal state for one full round (including the beginning of the match) before changing again.

The layout and effects of the different elemental fields are as follows:

- Rock: Easily enables the use of Rock-based moves such as Rock Slide and Rock Tomb, reducing the energy cost of all Rock-type moves by one (1). The movement and maneuverability of Flying or airborne Pokemon is greatly reduced by the towering rock masses. The cacti around the outside of the arena mimic the effects of Spikes, causing damage to any Pokemon that comes in contact with them (acts as a field/movement hazard, NOT an entry hazard).

- Grass: Grass-type and Bug-type Pokemon feel very at home in this forested environment. Grass-type attacks have their base damage boosted by two (2) and their energy cost reduced by two (2), while Bug-type Pokemon have the energy cost of all commands reduced by one (1).

- Water: Allows unlimited use of all Water-moves. Environmental moves such as Surf are enabled, and the energy cost of Water-type moves is reduced by two (2). Swift Swim is active for all Pokemon that reside in the pond at one end of the stage. Electric-type attacks aimed at Pokemon in the water have perfect accuracy (akin to Aura Sphere or Swift).

- Fire: The arena blazes with intense heat; If a Pokemon uses a Fire-type attack in this arena it will pick up additional heat, increasing its Base Attack Power by two (2). Pokemon cannot be frozen while this field is active. If a Pokemon uses a Water-type attack in this field some of it will evaporate, reducing its Base Attack Power by two (2). Attacking moves that inflict burns have their chance of doing so raised by 10% (flat).

- Electric: The spinning turbines in the arena cause a lot of static electricity buildup in the area, boosting the damage output of all Electric-type moves by three (3) damage flat. Additionally, any Pokemon attempting to remain on the treadmills must spend three (3) energy per turn to stay in place or to move across the stage, but being on the treadmill doubles the static electricity buildup, boosting the chance of paralysis for all Electricity-based paralyzing moves by 10% flat. Furthermore, the ground is made of Metal and cannot be dug through with an attack stat lower than rank five (5).

- Flying: Fans blow upward from underneath the stage, reducing gravity for all Pokemon present. The energy penalty for remaining airborne with Fly is eliminated altogether, and the Jump command can be used to avoid Ground-based attacks like Earthquake and Magnitude (effectiveness depends on the user's weight). The energy cost of all wind-based attacks is reduced by one (1).

- Ground: The ground is extremely soft and malleable here, reducing Ground-type attacks' energy cost by one (1), and lowering the energy cost for consecutive Digging by two (2). Electric-type attacks have their power greatly reduced here, as if Mud Sport were in effect.

- Ice: Ice-type moves become more powerful due to the frosty air. All Ice-type moves have their base damage boosted by two (2), and the Freeze chance of all moves is boosted by a flat 5%. The effect of burns is neutralized while this stage is in effect (though it will resume after the stage's duration is complete). Additionally, the ground is very slippery, restricting movement and making Dodge commands very difficult (according to the ref's discretion) for any non-Ice type Pokemon on the ground.

Also, each trainer will be given the option to switch Pokemon when the stage shifts; this will proceed in the same turn order as it would if the trainers were attacking, and it does NOT take up a turn in the round. After both trainers decide whether or not to switch, attack orders proceed normally.

Some other small details:
- The field is not to the scale that it is in Super Smash Bros, but rather about twice that size for ample maneuverability.
- layout of the fields is otherwise identical to the picture, however any floating platforms not attached to part of the stage should be treated as nonexistent.
- The fields do not repeat until all 8 have been brought up.

I'll dig through the thread and find a couple of matches to ref as well if I have time.

Throwing out a challenge for a 1v1 battle to give my Rhydon the token one battle participation so he can evolve. As a heads up I won't be evolving him prior to the battle.

1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/2 Chills
Tournament Arena (because I'm unoriginal, if you want to pick something more exciting then I'm happy to oblige)

Deadfox, I accept.
No Items
One Ability

Also throwing down some gauntlets since I've somehow let myself drop to zero battles

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Your choice, or Tournament Arena if you can't be bothered.

2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
TravelLog, BiGGiE, your squads please. I'll ref your match, & I'll pick some arena not named ASB Tournament Arena for the arena. BiGGiE also needs to specify the switch, ability, & item conditions as well when he sends me his team...

I've got a challenge for some more beginning battlers. Match is intended for freshly-caught, untrained Pokemon (which I will be using), so any challengers, take note of that and choose accordingly, please.

3v3 Triples
- 2 day DQ for players, 3 day DQ for Ref (both with some leniency)
- No Chills/Recoveries
EXCEPT in the event that the match becomes 1v1, in which case 1 Recovery and 3 Chills will be allowed to the final combatants
- Only Pokemon eligible for Little Cup allowed (eligible-but-banned is fine)
- Arena: challenger's choice, if they want to choose; otherwise this. v

A modified version of the standard Tournament Arena. Instead of dirt, the ground is a field of sod that is difficult to dig through and provides no rocky material for rock-based field attacks, nor water for water-based field attacks. Camouflage and Nature Power treat the base stage as Normal-type or neutral. At the end of every round, the arena changes to one of 8 elemental fields (non-repeating). This type-based field lasts for two full rounds before returning to normal. The field will always remain in the normal state for one full round (including the beginning of the match) before changing again.

The layout and effects of the different elemental fields are as follows:

- Rock: Easily enables the use of Rock-based moves such as Rock Slide and Rock Tomb, reducing the energy cost of all Rock-type moves by one (1). The movement and maneuverability of Flying or airborne Pokemon is greatly reduced by the towering rock masses. The cacti around the outside of the arena mimic the effects of Spikes, causing damage to any Pokemon that comes in contact with them (acts as a field/movement hazard, NOT an entry hazard).

- Grass: Grass-type and Bug-type Pokemon feel very at home in this forested environment. Grass-type attacks have their base damage boosted by two (2) and their energy cost reduced by two (2), while Bug-type Pokemon have the energy cost of all commands reduced by one (1).

- Water: Allows unlimited use of all Water-moves. Environmental moves such as Surf are enabled, and the energy cost of Water-type moves is reduced by two (2). Swift Swim is active for all Pokemon that reside in the pond at one end of the stage. Electric-type attacks aimed at Pokemon in the water have perfect accuracy (akin to Aura Sphere or Swift).

- Fire: The arena blazes with intense heat; If a Pokemon uses a Fire-type attack in this arena it will pick up additional heat, increasing its Base Attack Power by two (2). Pokemon cannot be frozen while this field is active. If a Pokemon uses a Water-type attack in this field some of it will evaporate, reducing its Base Attack Power by two (2). Attacking moves that inflict burns have their chance of doing so raised by 10% (flat).

- Electric: The spinning turbines in the arena cause a lot of static electricity buildup in the area, boosting the damage output of all Electric-type moves by three (3) damage flat. Additionally, any Pokemon attempting to remain on the treadmills must spend three (3) energy per turn to stay in place or to move across the stage, but being on the treadmill doubles the static electricity buildup, boosting the chance of paralysis for all Electricity-based paralyzing moves by 10% flat. Furthermore, the ground is made of Metal and cannot be dug through with an attack stat lower than rank five (5).

- Flying: Fans blow upward from underneath the stage, reducing gravity for all Pokemon present. The energy penalty for remaining airborne with Fly is eliminated altogether, and the Jump command can be used to avoid Ground-based attacks like Earthquake and Magnitude (effectiveness depends on the user's weight). The energy cost of all wind-based attacks is reduced by one (1).

- Ground: The ground is extremely soft and malleable here, reducing Ground-type attacks' energy cost by one (1), and lowering the energy cost for consecutive Digging by two (2). Electric-type attacks have their power greatly reduced here, as if Mud Sport were in effect.

- Ice: Ice-type moves become more powerful due to the frosty air. All Ice-type moves have their base damage boosted by two (2), and the Freeze chance of all moves is boosted by a flat 5%. The effect of burns is neutralized while this stage is in effect (though it will resume after the stage's duration is complete). Additionally, the ground is very slippery, restricting movement and making Dodge commands very difficult (according to the ref's discretion) for any non-Ice type Pokemon on the ground.

Also, each trainer will be given the option to switch Pokemon when the stage shifts; this will proceed in the same turn order as it would if the trainers were attacking, and it does NOT take up a turn in the round. After both trainers decide whether or not to switch, attack orders proceed normally.

Some other small details:
- The field is not to the scale that it is in Super Smash Bros, but rather about twice that size for ample maneuverability.
- layout of the fields is otherwise identical to the picture, however any floating platforms not attached to part of the stage should be treated as nonexistent.
- The fields do not repeat until all 8 have been brought up.

I'll dig through the thread and find a couple of matches to ref as well if I have time.
I'll take this one up. Fun arena. A heads up, my Timburr has been in 1 battle before, but other than that it will be everyones first time.

Switch=no
Items=no
Ability=all

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lord Jesseus said:
2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
Yeh, I'll take this one.
Switch = blah
No items
All abilities

The ref can choose the arena.

OK then I'll ref Lord Jesseus vs elDino.

Arena: Protegas' Sanctuary

A 50ft-by-50ft stone temple for the relatively unknown deity Protegas that provides protection to those who seek it. The room is lit by torches that provide ample light. There is a fountain in one of the walls that provides a water source for moves like Surf. The arena is set indoors so weather moves, SolarBeam and Thunder cannot be used. Despite being ancient, the temple still has a relatively strong structure that allows seismic moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze and Magnitude to be used up to 3 times in total (not 3 times each though). The floor can be dug through as well but, because it is made of stone, the energy cost for Dig is increased by 2 for pokemon that aren't rock- or ground-type.

At the beginning of every round, Protegas will protect any pokemon he feels is being ganged up on. A pokemon is considered to be ganged up on if it is targeted by:
  • At least four enemy single-target moves
  • Three enemy single-target moves and at least two enemy multi-target moves
  • Two enemy single-target moves and four enemy multi-target moves
  • At least five enemy multi-target moves
Any pokemon that meets any of those criteria will be given a protective barrier for that round. The barrier will absorb up to 15 HP worth of damage or up to two non-damaging effects from enemy moves (including stat changes and flinches), whichever comes first. The barrier will always disappear at the end of the round. The barrier will not protect a pokemon from allied attacks that hit it, nor will it be affected by allied attacks. A pokemon can still be considered ganged up on if it is the last pokemon on its team.

Also throwing down some gauntlets since I've somehow let myself drop to zero battles

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
I'll accept LJ

Switch= ConkelDERP!!!
No items
1 Ability

Arena: Mayan Temple - If an attack misses then it will ahve a 10 % chance to hit one of the three element monkeys and a 1% chance to hit a Kitsunho. Ref's Choice for Moves. Seismic activity not permitted. enough water for water attacks.

Good Enough??

Challenge to Quantunm Derp!

Damnit, I only read the part about the water arena and NFE's. Now because I'm not maxed out on battles I'll post a challenge.

2v2 doubles
Beginner Battle
3 day dq
no recoveries/5 chills
Arena: Pure Springs
An area that was at one point hit by a meteor shower covering it in craters which are now filled with some of the purest water in the world filling the craters via underground springs. The water in the craters has no sediment or any lifeforms within it. The landscape is pockmarked with the craters, though they are not very deep, the deepest ones are no deeper than 3 feet. Otherwise the landscape is rather rocky. There is a large Obelisk in the middle of the area built by Native people who believed the spot to be sacred. While the Obelisk has no inherent powers it is over 15 feet high and extremely strong making it a perfect place to bombard enemies using ranged attacks from.

Also Vancouver lost, this is horrible.
Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh (avatar and arena), I'm going to Challenge Quantum Derp!
3 VS 3 Triples
2 Day DQ, 3 for refs
3 Recoveries/5 Chills
Arena: Challenger's choice, Yu-Gi-Oh themed

Yugioh the ABRIDGED SERIES avatar, Lyris. (Watch it it's hilarious) Unfortunately I can't accept right now I am maxed out on battles. I'll have to wait until one is done. For the arena I would choose either the Shadow Realm, Pegasus House or Kaiba's Ego (I hear it can house several thousand people).

shadowbone66

Banned deucer.
QuantumDerp: 5v5 Doubles

Last I checked, you only have three mons and cannot accept the battle.

Thus, I will update the challenge, since I've had the mind to nab my 15th Pokemon.

Open Challenge

NFE's only, with a combined rarity of 15 [adding +1 rarity for Pokemon that are partially evolved, I.e. Sealeo has 3 rarity while Spheal has 2], 6v6 Doubles
1 recovery/5 chills
2 days DQ

A 16' wide square pagoda that is 12' high within a 40' radius circular patio of stone surrounded by 10' deep water. The arena is founded on stone. To get a feel for the looks of this arena, google "Aquarium Park Sonic Colors." Rock Slide can be used via the pavement. Dig works.
So in.

Abilities = All

I'm assuming I'm teaming up with someone. I accept.

Open Challenge

1 recovery/5 chills
2 days DQ

Switch=KO

Originally Posted by Fat AlphaJolt
OPEN CHALLENGE
3v3 Singles MiddleCup mons
48 Hour DQ
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Standard ASB Tournament Arena (I'm lazy)
I'm in
One Ability
No Items
Switch = KO

I'm tired of my open battle slots.

Challenge 1:
3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ (3 for Ref)
0 Recoveries/Chills
Special: You can only send the ref unevolved (non single stage) Pokemon.
Arena: Dream Land

Every 2 Rounds, Whispy Woods will blow either left or right for the whole of the next round. Moving and projectile attacks against the wind will be less effective (how much is up to the ref). If you are going to ref give the positions of the Mons at the end of each round.

Challenge 2:
4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ (3 for Ref)
1 Recovery/5 Chills per mon
Arena: Volcano
This is the volcano in which Ash and Blaine face off. Charizard vs. Magmar. If you don't remember how the arena is set up check out the Anime. Episode 59: Volcano Panic. I don't think much else is in need of explaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)