Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god. FEs are allowed?! Guess I'm in for fifth in Paradoxus' madness.

Chills: 3

So, now, how does the whole Pokemon-picking work? I'm assuming we just debate that when the thread's up.

Boring arena this time; they can't all feature David Bowie.

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ (3 Days Ref)
Arena: Verdant Greenhouse

• The initial weather is Permanent Sun.
  • Weathers other than Sun last half their normal duration, rounded down.
  • Fire damage can't be resisted by typing. (i.e. a Water/Dragon takes x1 damage from Fire instead of x0.44.)
  • Respondent may choose who issues commands first.
  • Each side must have one (1) basic evolving Pokémon (Dratini, Nidoran); and either a mid-stage (Machoke, Ivysaur) or non-evolving (Tauros, Lapras) member. One of each category only.
  • Switching is impossible due to lack of a bench.
  • Items are at the Respondent's option.
  • All abilities are active.
I'll accept this. I issue commands first. No Items, all abilities, swtich=YES

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay guys 3v3 singles COUNTERPICKS match coming right up.
Basically,
Person A picks a pokemon from their team to use in the match
Person B picks TWO pokemon from their team.
Person A picks a pokemon
Person B picks a pokemon
Person A picks a pokemon.

By the end Person A and Person B should have picked 3 pokemon from their entire list each. (The entire list should be PM'd to the ref before the battles starts, while the picking itself goes on in the thread.) At this point the ref would have posted the chosen teams for both sides in the battle thread.

Because of the lengthy nature of picking the pokemon, there is a 1 day DQ time for the picking portion, then a two-day DQ time for the actual battle. If necessary (which I hope it won't be) the ref may have extensions during the battle, but the ref isn't really necessary for the picking part until the end.

One final thing: NFE only please.

Opponent may choose arena, but I'm taking the part of Person B in the description above and sending out my pokemon last but issuing actions first. (imo Person B has a slight disadvantage in the picking process)

okay screw that

3v3 Singles

DQ Time: 2 Days
opponent may choose arena
NFE only please

XVICaliber, you choose the pokemon I use
I choose the pokemon LouisCyphre uses
LouisCyphre chooses the Pokemon TEA DEMON uses
TEA DEMON chooses the pokemon Dragonboy uses
Dragon boy chooses the pokemon The Wolfe uses
The Wolfe chooses the pokemon xvicaliber uses

WARNING: Pokemon that can't move outside of water are not allowed

3v3 Singles
NFE only please
I'll accept this, however, I need my Noface approved in the prize claiming thread or I won't have enough NFE's to play you. O wait I do actually but I would prefer to get this pokemon approved (don't want to use Weedle (lol)).

As for the Arena...

The Arena is an island of sand just off the coast of Undella. It's about 70 metres squared (aprox 84 square yards for Americans) surounding it the sea however it is fenced off so no Pokemon can swim in or out of an area of 70 metres (84 square yards)swimming straight off the island in a line. Their is solid ground not far under the ground so earthquake and magnitude will still do full damage. Despite that Dig is still fully functional. Finnally if a Flying Pokemon attempts to fly outside of the perimeter of the arena a Lanturn will shoot it down with a Thunder so powerful that it automatically knocks out all pokemon that attempt to get outside the net, so NO ESCAPING FROM THE ARENA AT ALL.

C'mon ref's, you know you want 6 RC.

Open challenge
1v1
DQ 1 day
2R/5C
No final stages. Single-stages are allowed, though.
Arena: Route 6
Located in Kanto, Route 6 is a medium sized pathway that curves around to form a "S" shape with tall grass surrounding the route to form the shape. In the middle of the route there is a large pond that expands out and forms the pathway heading though the route. All water moves can be used to full effect, but moves involving rocks may not be feasible, at least at first, and Earthquake is prohibited - there's only one Underground Path left, let's try to keep it standing.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I'll take Shiny's challenge.

No Items
All abilities
Switch = aeiou

WARNING: Pokemon that can't move outside of water are not allowed
But... every Pokemon can move outside of water to some degree. And the Labyrinth only has a foot or two of standing water!

2v2 Singles Fortune Battle (described in the arena description)
2 day DQ (this will be enforced pretty strictly)
0 Recoveries/3 Chills
Arena:

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Restrictions: No digging, no water source, no seismic activity.

This arena is meant for (but not exclusively used for) Fortune Battles. These battles are not about who has better Pokemon, it is more of a combination of skill and luck. All of the Pokemon brought to the match are put together, and randomly given out to each trainer. The trainers battle normally from there with the Pokemon they are given. Any KO counters a trainer earns for a Pokemon that is not theirs can be given to any of the Pokemon that trainer brought to the match. Other counters are given normally. Now, for the arena itself. It is a sphere hanging off the side of a building, open on the side facing outward. There is no water source, and the floor is too hard for digging. Any seismic activity would be incredibly disastrous, and is therefore forbidden.

Since last time I gave a challenge like this, my plea was ignored and I will put it in bold this time:

Please no Fire-types. Also, no Pokemon that can no longer evolve (no single-stages, 2/3 is allowed though)

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll accept this, however, I need my Noface approved in the prize claiming thread or I won't have enough NFE's to play you. O wait I do actually but I would prefer to get this pokemon approved (don't want to use Weedle (lol)).

As for the Arena...

The Arena is an island of sand just off the coast of Undella. It's about 70 metres squared (aprox 84 square yards for Americans) surounding it the sea however it is fenced off so no Pokemon can swim in or out of an area of 70 metres (84 square yards)swimming straight off the island in a line. Their is solid ground not far under the ground so earthquake and magnitude will still do full damage. Despite that Dig is still fully functional. Finnally if a Flying Pokemon attempts to fly outside of the perimeter of the arena a Lanturn will shoot it down with a Thunder so powerful that it automatically knocks out all pokemon that attempt to get outside the net, so NO ESCAPING FROM THE ARENA AT ALL.

C'mon ref's, you know you want 6 RC.

3v3 Singles

NFE only please
I'll ref this, if you don't mind that I have to go through my tutor ref.

Challenging LouisCyphre to a 1v1 Singles match!
Terrador said:
1v1 Singles!
Infinite Recoveries, N/A Chills
Arena: Mega Man Battle Network
Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaah, Mega Man Battle Network. Both Pokemon are transported into the arena, which consists of two zones, one red and one blue. There is no Energy in this match; instead, the combatants use Battle Chips. The Battle Chips available are pulled from the used Pokemon's attacks (you may only PM 1 Pokemon to the ref) and the universal chips available to every Pokemon listed below. Only four of any given chip can be put into a single Folder of 30; similarly, only 1 of the more powerful MegaChips below can be chosen. When PMing the ref your Pokemon, PM the ref your Folder as well. Before each round, each player is PM'd 6 random chips, of which they can perform their actions. The only actions that can be performed without BattleChips are Blaster (4 BP, typeless, 100 Acc, either Physical or Special) and Evade (equivalent to Dodge in normal battles). All BattleChips work exactly as normal attacks would, ex. the Fly chip has a -priority strike and evasion at 0 priority, while the Fake Out chip has +4 priority and flinching capabilities. Once a BattleChip is used, that given chip is removed for the rest of the game.

Universal BattleChips (Normal):
Recov10 (Restores 10 HP)
Cannon (8 BP, Normal, Special, 95% Acc)
Vulcan (3 BP, 2-5 hits, Normal, Physical, 90% Acc)
Bubbler (8 BP, Water, 85% Acc, Special. Deals damage to both a Substitute and a real Pokemon if both are there)
Heater (8 BP, Fire, 85% Acc, Special. Deals damage to both a Substitute and a real Pokemon if both are there)
CrossBomb (12 BP, Normal, Special, 80% Acc)
Sword (10 BP, Steel, Physical, 90% Acc)
Guard (Negates an attack and deals half the damage it would have dealt)
SideBamboo (7 BP, 95% Acc, Grass, Physical, 10% chance to inflict 15% paralysis)
Thunder1 (11 BP, Electric, Special, 70% Acc)
Boomer1 (4 BP, Rock, 90% Acc, Physical, hits twice)
CrackPnl (8 BP, Ground, Physical, 100% Acc)
Invis1 (+1 Evasion)
Barrier1 (10 HP Substitute, no expense to your HP)
Hole (6 BP, Dark, Special, --Acc)

MegaChips:
Recov30 (Restores 30 HP)
LifeSword (20 BP, Steel, Physical, 95% Acc)
MegaCannon (20 BP, Normal, Special, 100% Acc)
TimeBomb (30 BP, Fire, Special, deals damage to all combatants, --Acc)
MegaVulc (2 BP, Normal, Physical, 100% Acc, hits 10 times)

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2v2 Singles Fortune Battle (described in the arena description)
2 day DQ (this will be enforced pretty strictly)
0 Recoveries/3 Chills
Arena:

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Restrictions: No digging, no water source, no seismic activity.

This arena is meant for (but not exclusively used for) Fortune Battles. These battles are not about who has better Pokemon, it is more of a combination of skill and luck. All of the Pokemon brought to the match are put together, and randomly given out to each trainer. The trainers battle normally from there with the Pokemon they are given. Any KO counters a trainer earns for a Pokemon that is not theirs can be given to any of the Pokemon that trainer brought to the match. Other counters are given normally. Now, for the arena itself. It is a sphere hanging off the side of a building, open on the side facing outward. There is no water source, and the floor is too hard for digging. Any seismic activity would be incredibly disastrous, and is therefore forbidden.

Since last time I gave a challenge like this, my plea was ignored and I will put it in bold this time:

Please no Fire-types. Also, no Pokemon that can no longer evolve (no single-stages, 2/3 is allowed though)
Now this sounds like fun. You're on!
Not sure I exactly understand what you have against fire types, but no matter.

Switch = KO
No Items
All abilities

EDIT @ Below: Well, my only fire type is fully evolved, so I wasn't going to anyways. I was just wondering.

I just don't want people using fire-types against me in certain matches when I am training my steel-types. Even though not all of them are weak to fighting (Beldum) or ground (Ferroseed), all but Riolu are weak to Fire. Wait... actually, you can use a fire-type if you want, after some thinking.

Weakmon battle please? (unevolved mons (excluding single stage ones))

3v3 singles
2 day DQ
2 recoveries / 5 chills.
Arena :
Beach
It's a beach, with a few palm trees. The sun is always shining brightly, giving a permanent sunny day effect. If a weather inducing move / pokemon is brought in, the weather will change, but when the induced weather wears out, the weather will change back to sunny. The sea will provide natural advantage to water types, the glaring sun will enhance the power of fire types, the abundance of sand for ground types, and towering palm trees assist the grass types. Care to try this beautifully balanced arena?

3v3 singles
2 day DQ
2 recoveries / 5 chills.
Arena :
Beach
It's a beach, with a few palm trees. The sun is always shining brightly, giving a permanent sunny day effect. If a weather inducing move / pokemon is brought in, the weather will change, but when the induced weather wears out, the weather will change back to sunny. The sea will provide natural advantage to water types, the glaring sun will enhance the power of fire types, the abundance of sand for ground types, and towering palm trees assist the grass types. Care to try this beautifully balanced arena?
I'll take you on good sir! Just got some new mons. :D

All Abilities
Switch = Falco PAWNNCH
No items

Edit: Anyone care to ref? THanks in advanced.

Challenging Tortferngatr

1v1 Singles
DQ: 1 Day
3 Recovers/5 Chills

It is the Australian Outback. There are cactuses (or is it cacti?), plenty of soil to dig into and Sunny Day is always in effect. There is a chance that a Sandstorm will occur at the start of a round (80% chance), and when it does, it lasts for a furious 5 Rounds. Water Types do not thrive in these conditions, thus have a 5% chance that their attacks fail (Water type moves, that is). Ice Types are even less suited, so they have a 20% that their attacks fail (Ice type moves, that is). Water and Ice type attacks are nerfed by 1 Damage in this arena as well. Grass and Fire types thrive, so they get a 1 Damage boost to each of their respective attacks (which does not stack). Ground and Rock types receive 1 less Damage (this does not stack) in these conditions.

Challenging Tortferngatr

1v1 Singles
DQ: 1 Day
3 Recovers/5 Chills
I initially wondered why you would bring a Gligar against a trainer with a large number of Ice-types.

...I accept, no matter how much I facepalm at myself.

All abilities
No Items
Switch=do I really have to specify this?

3v3 singles
2 day DQ
2 recoveries / 5 chills.
Arena :
Beach
I'll take you on good sir! Just got some new mons. :D

All Abilities
Switch = Falco PAWNNCH
No items
I'll ref this.

Still looking a challenger and ref for this!

Battle type: 3v3 Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
Recoveries: 2 recovery moves/5 chills
Restrictions: None
Song: Audioslave - Be Yourself
Arena: Sleepy Park

Sleepy Park (Outdoor Custom Arena): Sleepy Park is a simple playground that has lacked human activity for quite some time. Its area is fairly large, quite lengthy with a moderate width. The park is paved with a gravel surface and lying on the outskirts is a grassy terrain leading to a wooded area. A pair of swings sit close to the outskirts of the park. Four pairs of swings hang down from it's wooden exterior. Nearby lies a tilted merry-go-round. This metallic disk consisting of a cross hatching of sturdy handles still stands fairly strong, but it's obvious time has done its toll to the aged structure. Upon the left stretch of this park lies a set of swings designed for the younger children. Only two pairs hang freely from the suspended metal bar. The right side of this park possesses some markings within the grass and dust which indicate previous structures which has once stood there, no removed from the premises. Around the bottom of Sleepy park lies its entrance along with an aged sign warning citizens to play at their own risk, but to have a good time. A power line runs extended from one side of the park to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)