Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge:

2v2 Singles
Switch=KO
DQ-2 Days
0 Recoveries/3 Chills

Arena: Standard Tournament arena, not feeling very creative

Also, no FE Pokemon (Middle stage is fine)

Open Challenge:

2v2 Singles
Switch=KO
DQ-2 Days
0 Recoveries/3 Chills

Arena: Standard Tournament arena, not feeling very creative

Also, no FE Pokemon (Middle stage is fine)
I'd love to battle, however, it would be my first.
If you want to crush a n00b, let's go!
I totally understand if you want to battle somebody else, though.

Challenging Metal Bagon, for the Umpteenth time! NZ CAP ASB Glory and Crown!
3v3 Singles, bring 5
3 Day DQ
1 Recovery/ 7 Chills
Arena: Metal Bagon chooses from:
Arena: Sandy Island Near Undella Town
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Format: Anything but melee

Restrictions: Can't venture outside of Arena

Descpition:
The Arena is an island of sand just off the coast of Undella. It's about 70 metres squared (aprox 84 square yards for Americans) surounding it the sea however it is fenced off so no Pokemon can swim in or out of an area of 70 metres (84 square yards)swimming straight off the island in a line. Their is solid ground not far under the ground so earthquake and magnitude will still do full damage. Despite that Dig is still fully functional. Finnally if a Flying Pokemon attempts to fly outside of the perimeter of the arena a Lanturn will shoot it down with a Thunder so powerful that it automatically knocks out all pokemon that attempt to get outside the net, so NO ESCAPING FROM THE ARENA AT ALL.
~OR~

An arena of my own invention. =]

Arena: Forest Without Consequence
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide. A beautiful full moon beams down on this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena more?

Time Travel.

At the end of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate. The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: All Fire moves receive a Flash Fire boost, all others unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also lose 1hp per action.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per round). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 15% more effective. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon lose 1 Rank in both Attack and Special Attack for the duration of this Round.

I will ref smashlloyd20 vs. EndQuote, PM me the Pokemon that you are bringing (you can bring all three of your Pokemon, EndQuote). I don't know why, but reffing someone who is new to ASB always seems easier. Oh yeah, EndQuote, you have to choose rules on switching, abilities, and items.

I will ref smashlloyd20 vs. EndQuote, PM me the Pokemon that you are bringing (you can bring all three of your Pokemon, EndQuote). I don't know why, but reffing someone who is new to ASB always seems easier. Oh yeah, EndQuote, you have to choose rules on switching, abilities, and items.
Thanks, C$FP.
Switch=KO
All abilities.
All items.

Now that I finally have a ref for my beginner's match, I'll re-open a challenge I made a while ago that I had to drop.

2v2 Singles; FE allowed
DQ Time; 3 Days
Arena; Pacifidlog Town

The town floating on the water, Pacifidlog. With the abundance of water around, Water moves cost 2 less energy. Since the air is so humid, electric moves gain 1 BAP. Fire moves are strictly prohibited, as they could light the town on fire, and would be just terrible. Siesmic moves are also prohibited, as is the move Dig, since it would have no results anyway

Now that I finally have a ref for my beginner's match, I'll re-open a challenge I made a while ago that I had to drop.

2v2 Singles; FE allowed
DQ Time; 3 Days
Arena; Pacifidlog Town

The town floating on the water, Pacifidlog. With the abundance of water around, Water moves cost 2 less energy. Since the air is so humid, electric moves gain 1 BAP. Fire moves are strictly prohibited, as they could light the town on fire, and would be just terrible. Siesmic moves are also prohibited, as is the move Dig, since it would have no results anyway
this could be fun... I'll take you on

switch=KO
items=off
abilities=all

Simon Says I accept! However can it only be 2v2 singles and we PM three pokemon to the ref to make it fair on TEA DEMON

Other than that again to make it fair on TEA DEMON I'll have to use the same rules

No items
All abilites
And sadly switch=KO

Any referee who wants to ref an historic moment, this battle is for you!

EDIT: I'll go with my island for the arena, home advantage.

new match time.

3v3 singles
1 day dq / 2 for ref
2 recoveries / 5 chills
arena is wherever
first stage evos please.
Challenge Accepted. You'll have to wait for Fawkes to finish getting destroyed by an Onix though. (you should know, you're reffing that battle).

switch=KO
all abilites
no items

Arena: The Dusk Forest
The arena is a clearing surrounded by large, ancient trees. These trees have numerous branches to climb and stand on. You may burn individual branches but not entire trees. Water pools on branches, but unless it is raining, there is not enough water for powerful water attacks to be used. All attacks are useable, but Dig has a 10% accuracy reduction due to the roots, there isn't enough water for powerful water attacks outside of Rain, and Sandstorm is not allowed (trees block the sand). All weathers and field effects except Sandstorm allowed.
ref pls

Aww, I was hoping to have a Super-Epic Battle...

Ahh well, I guess that can wait until you have your Gym team finished. =]
Accepting changes, but you send out First. Other than that, BRING YOUR ALL. ~Disconcerting Determined Glare~

Seeking a ref!

Need another battle

2v2 doubles
1 day dq / 2 for ref
2 recoveries / 5 chills
arena is challengers choice
NFEs please.

Xav I'll take you on.
All abilties
Items are on
No switching obviously.
Arena... something stolen from the compendium:
Field Type- Water/Flying/Grass
Complexity- Moderate
Format- Singles, Doubles
Restrictions- No weather, Pokemon Over 110 pounds cannot battle here

Lily Pad Lake: Deep in the Eterna Forest lies a serene lake topped with larger than life lily pads. If trainers aren’t battling you can see many different kinds of wild pokemon jumping and playing on the lily pads. All of the pads are roughly the same size (three feet long and wide) and are anchored to their spot. They also hold an incredible amount of weight; up to two hundred pounds! If anything heavier hits the lily pads they will sink. The pond itself is very shallow at the edges, but it gets as deep as thirty feet when you reach the center. For the battle all pokemon must be either in, on, or above the lake; a pokemon cannot walk around the lake or stay at its shore. The weather is lovely this time of year, but the tall canopy covers most sunlight, bathing the lake in cool shadows and trapping the mist. Summary: all pokemon must stay above, on, or in the lake. Lily pads will collapse if there is more than 110 pounds on it. Weather moves will fail. Dig/Earthquake is alright​

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
LightWolf said:
Challenging Destiny_Warrior so that he can get easy tokens by exploiting beginners.

Format: 3v3 Triples, Postition doesn't matter
DQ: 2 Day (2 for ref)
Restricted Moves: 2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Leethoof's Alphabet Soup

Leethoof said:
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.
Destiny Warrior said:
Accepting
Switch = LOL
Items = NO
Abiltiies = All
STILL need a ref for this!

Need another battle

2v2 doubles
1 day dq / 2 for ref
2 recoveries / 5 chills
arena is challengers choice
NFEs please.
Xav I'll take you on.
All abilties
Items are on
No switching obviously.
Arena... something stolen from the compendium:
Field Type- Water/Flying/Grass
Complexity- Moderate
Format- Singles, Doubles
Restrictions- No weather, Pokemon Over 110 pounds cannot battle here

Lily Pad Lake: Deep in the Eterna Forest lies a serene lake topped with larger than life lily pads. If trainers aren’t battling you can see many different kinds of wild pokemon jumping and playing on the lily pads. All of the pads are roughly the same size (three feet long and wide) and are anchored to their spot. They also hold an incredible amount of weight; up to two hundred pounds! If anything heavier hits the lily pads they will sink. The pond itself is very shallow at the edges, but it gets as deep as thirty feet when you reach the center. For the battle all pokemon must be either in, on, or above the lake; a pokemon cannot walk around the lake or stay at its shore. The weather is lovely this time of year, but the tall canopy covers most sunlight, bathing the lake in cool shadows and trapping the mist. Summary: all pokemon must stay above, on, or in the lake. Lily pads will collapse if there is more than 110 pounds on it. Weather moves will fail. Dig/Earthquake is alright​
Alrighty, anyone want to ref?

Challenging Metal Bagon, for the Umpteenth time! NZ CAP ASB Glory and Crown!
2v2 Singles, bring 3
3 Day DQ
1 Recovery/ 7 Chills
Arena: Metal Bagon's Island:
Arena: Sandy Island Near Undella Town
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Format: Anything but melee

Restrictions: Can't venture outside of Arena

Descpition:
The Arena is an island of sand just off the coast of Undella. It's about 70 metres squared (aprox 84 square yards for Americans) surounding it the sea however it is fenced off so no Pokemon can swim in or out of an area of 70 metres (84 square yards)swimming straight off the island in a line. Their is solid ground not far under the ground so earthquake and magnitude will still do full damage. Despite that Dig is still fully functional. Finnally if a Flying Pokemon attempts to fly outside of the perimeter of the arena a Lanturn will shoot it down with a Thunder so powerful that it automatically knocks out all pokemon that attempt to get outside the net, so NO ESCAPING FROM THE ARENA AT ALL.
Simon Says I accept!

No items
All abilites
And sadly switch=KO

Any referee who wants to ref an historic moment, this battle is for you!
Paraphrased a little, but all the information is there.
Ref please?

I still have another battle slot (although I am still waiting for my 2 matches to start) and I've got some mons that need some more counters

2v2 Doubles (I will be using middle-stage mons)
2 Day DQ
Arena; I'm too lazy to come up with any flavor, so let's go with the tournament arena

4v4 Doubles
4 day DQ, Ref 5 day
Standard 2/5 Recovery/Chills
And oh-ho the arena is :
Field Type: Fighting/Grass/Water
Complexity: Intense
Format: All

Restrictions:
1. All fighting typed attacks receives bonus of 1 damage after resistance/weakness calculations (e.g. A move that normally does 9 damage after calculation will do 10 damage if it is a fighting typed move)
2. Conversely due to the roaring of the crowd all psychic moves have a 10% chance to miss (e.g. A pokemon has a 10% chance for Calm Mind to fail due to the roaring of the crowd) and all psychic attacks receive -1 damage after resistance/weakness calculations if they hit (e.g. a move that normally does 10 damage after calculations will do 9 damage if it is a psychic typed move)
3. Due to the limited ceiling space the users of the moves Fly or Bounce will receive 5 HP damage and the move will deal 75% damage to the intended target rounded up.
4. Due to limited lighting the move Solar Beam will deal 50% damage if sun is in effect this restriction is nullified
5. Hail and Sand will not work
6. The water source that is on the arena takes an action for a pokemon to dive into the water. The aquatic pokemon can be thrown by its partner into the water (doubles/triples/melee). The trainer has the option to send his pokemon out in the water at the start of the battle.
7. It takes an action to move to a specific area. The moves, Mean Look, Pursuit and Block can be combined with this action if Pokemon X is following Pokemon Y see example here >(e.g. Pokemon X use Block on Pokemon Y as it flees to the rocky outskirts). If this is done in the water if the pokemon is faster than the target it is following it can use a move thats is not Mean Look, Pursuit or Block.
8. Because of the added nutrients in the water, all water typed attacks receives bonus of 1 damage after resistance/weakness calculations.
9. There are rocks on the outskirts of the arena. If the pokemon is not near the rock the following moves will fail: Rock Tomb, Rock Slide, Stealth Rock, Ancient Power and Rock Throw. It takes and action to get to the rocks unless the pokemon has been blasted/thrown back there because of another move
10. The trees and shrubbery can be use in an evasive manner. 1 action to evade into the shrubs, a pokemon can stay in the shrub for one following action but cannot use moves that can inflict damage or status to their opponents. When in the shrubs there is a 55% chance that moves will miss the pokemon in the shrubs after accuracy rolls of the RNG (moves like Aura Sphere ignore this mechanic). 2 actions for the pokemon the climb up into the tree. Once at the top all special moves used by the pokemon receive a 30% accuracy boost, physical moves will receive 3 damage increase before calculations. A evasion boost of 50% is given to pokemon in the tree but stats boosts are erased when a pokemon climbs the tree.
11. A pokemon can remain in the tree for a maximum of 2 rounds before it looses balance When a pokemon losses balance it takes 5 damage. A pokemon can be hit off the tree with either a super effective attack, psychic and flying attacks or if a pokemon takes two hit that round
12. Due to the wild nature of the greenery in the arena, Grass moves will be amplified when near/in the forest. All grass typed attacks receives bonus of 1 damage after resistance/weakness calculations.
13. Moving to the different parts of the arena costs 5 energy, climbing trees takes 7 energy and hiding in the shrubs takes 10 energy. Also the trees and shrubbery cannot be set on fire but holes can be punched through the leaves, the evasion mechanics still stand.

Description:
This arena was built in the middle of the jungle by an aspiring fighting gym leader (yours truly), to train your pokemon and be in isolation from the modern world. The novelty of this arena attracted a crowd mainly trainers and their pokemon who want to get stronger. Whenever a battle is being conducted in the arena all the trainers and pokemon will stop working, make their way over to the bleachers made of all organic substances that was sourced in the jungle. The roar of the crowd disturbs certain certain types of moves and emboldens others (see restriction 1st two points). The arena itself is similar to the standard ASB arena expect it differs in the fact that their are trees and shrubbery that make the centre of the arena forest. This forested centre plays a pivotal part in evasion (see the last two points). A river with a mild current (for flavour purposes only) runs trough the centre of the forested area and fans out along the sides of the arena which join in the centre which enables fully aquatic water pokemon to manoeuvre on par with non-aquatic pokemon (see points 6&7 for specifics). While near or in the water, water typed attacks will get stronger due to the water having more nutrients in it because of our jungle location. The outskirts of the arena are lined with rocks this provides two things: one, a protects barrier for the patrons in the bleachers and two it allows certain rock based moves to be used in this arena (se point 8).Pokemon as default start in the no-mans land on either side of the arena. The no-mans land is half way between the forest and the rocky outskirts. The size of the arena is slightly bigger than the ASB arena.

A competent ref would appreciated as you have to keep a track of what pokemon goes where (you'll understand when you read the arena description). Oh yeah did I mention it is Little Cup, no mid-battle evolution! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)