Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright I had so much fun reffing two melees that I'm going to do it again!

OPEN CHALLENGE (2 of these)

3 vs. 3 vs. 3 Melee
2-day Player DQ / 4-day Ref DQ
Infinite Recovers / Infinite Chills
Arena: ASB Arena
Abilities=ONE
Items=OFF
Switch=OK

3 Trainers. 3 Pokemon on the field at a time. 1-on-1-on-1. That's how it works.

First six folks to sign up will be entered in the battle. Matches will be organized based on team strength, so PM your team of 3 to me immediately after posting here to accept the challenge!

I'm dropping my one challenge that hasn't been accepted to join the melee.

EDIT: Might as well bump this since it was at the bottom of the last page.
ANOTHER OPEN CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!

6v6 Doubles
2 Day DQ
Switch=OK
2 Recoveries/8 Chills
Arena: Standard ASB Tournament Arena
Special Rules: The first person to KO 4 Pokemon will be the winner.
Sure, I'll take ya' on! Any pokemon I assume?

All abilities
No items

Need a ref for this:

I am looking for a 2v2 Singles Testing Battle (doesn't count on W/L/T, but it is for testing, rather than training)
2 Day DQ (3 for the ref)
2 Chills/1 Recovery
Arena: Steel Gym
Switch=KO
No items
All abilities
Field Type: Steel, would also be good for Rock/Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions: Always Sandstorm unless a weather move is used, but other weather only lasts 3 rounds; Digging difficult for not particularly strong Pokemon or non-Ground Pokemon; no water source

It is a field that is about 300 feet (or something like 100 meters for people from various parts of the world) by about 200 feet. The floor is aluminum (aluminum is soft for a metal, so some Pokemon can dig: very strong Pokemon or ground-types, otherwise digging will cost extra energy; Earthquake and other seismic activity may take place). There is a bit of a magnetic push from the floor, providing a Magnet Rise effect for any Steel or Electric type Pokemon. All Steel-type moves inflict 3 extra damage (after types factor in), and cost 1 less energy. Steel-type Pokemon have enhanced senses here, and the dodge command has an extra 10 flat percent chance to make the attack miss. Since it is a gym, it is indoors; however, a Sandstorm is being simulated. However, other weather will be simulated when a Pokemon uses the appropriate weather move (if a Pokemon uses Sunny Day, intense sunlight is simulated). These weather effects only last three rounds though, and when that weather wears off, Sandstorm goes back into effect.

I realize that the acceptor doesn't get to choose anything. This is as close to the gym format that I think I can make it. As per my knowledge of the gyms so far, I can bring up to six Pokemon (bring as many as you want, I have no knowledge of how many the challenger brings) and I also think the acceptor of this challenge sends out a Pokemon first, then I send out my Pokemon and issue actions, etc. This may seem to all completely give me a total advantage, but keep in mind that I am limited to Steel type Pokemon and you can bring anything. Besides, this is just a test.
Ill take this, i think you already chose everything so we just need a ref now
and this:

According to my to do list, I need 335 more counters. And thus, I post this challenge!

6v6 Singles
2 Day DQ (3 for the ref)
1 Recovery/3 Chills
Arena: Stargazer Colosseum!

Field Type: Dragon/Psychic
Complexity: Moderate
Restrictions: Psychic and Dragon moves get +2 BAP, all legendaries and pseudo-legendaries get +1 to their SpA and Atk, no Digging.

This colosseum is the real deal. If you have reached this point, you know you're good. You can even feel the legend in the air. This arena is a dome with stars projected on it to make it look like a night sky. There is a circular arena designed in the titanium in the floor. This arena is too intense for any Pokemon that can still evolve. Any weather the Pokemon try to make will be simulated through certain resources to not be unfair to Pokemon with certain strategies. For the same reason, a pool of water is next to the arena and will be refilled instantly after water is taken from it. Seismic activity is allowed, but the crowd has heavily padded seats in case an Earthquake takes place. The one thing not allowed is digging, because the floor is solid titanium. All pseudo-legendaries and real legendaries get one extra rank added to their Attack and Special Attack stats (this is not a "boost" like Work Up, but like actually increasing their stats). Psychic and Dragon type moves get two added to their base attack power because of the legend in the air.

List of pseudo-legendaries and legendaries that get a boost (PM/VM me if this list should be changed at all)[Pokemon currently available in ASB bolded]: Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Salamence, Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Garchomp, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina (both forms), Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin (both forms), Arceus (all forms), Victini, Hydreigon, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta (both forms), Genesect

WARNING: THIS IS NOT AN NFE BATTLE! This is meant to be all out, but I also need counters pretty badly for my FE Pokemon. I would like to have this go relatively quickly, but since it is such a huge battle, it isn't too big of a deal.
Ooooooh MINE
Switch=OK
Items off
One ability

I'll also ref Albinoloon vs. ToastTyrant from way up the page. PM teams!

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Looks like all three of my battle spots are open, OMG. So, I'll be opening 3 different challenges!

Challenge #1 said:
Taken by smashlloyd20 ; need ref
1v1 Singles
2 recoveries/5 chills
3 day DQ
Arena: ASB Tournament arena
Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle.
Challenge #3 said:
taken by lupusater ; need ref
3v3 Singes
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
3 Day DQ
Arena: WarioWare

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.
!
bumping with details now

AlphaJolt said:
OPEN CHALLENGE!
2v2 NFE Singles
2 day DQ
no recoveries / 2 chills
Arena: The Matrix: Anything is possible in the Matrix as long as both trainer and Pokemon can imagine it.
Galladiator said:
Bring it.

Switch=KO
No items
All abilities
Looking for a ref still.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open challenge :D

3v3 Singles
Total HP of the three mons cannot add up to more than 270
Only 1 FE / Mid-stage
The first Pokémon the battlers send to the ref are sent out automatically, then the challenger issues actions as normal.
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
3 Day DQ

Arena:
In the deserts of Nevada, there is a deceptively large building. Why 'deceptively' large? While it seems to sprawl out across the dunes, there is actually only one room. Indeed, it is a large room, but nothing spectacular.

Though it may seem weathered and abandoned from the outside, the interior of MoonSim Inc. is as full of hustle and business as any modern corporation, but with a subtle difference. In the middle of the room, only separated from black marble flooring and whirring machinery by a knee-height plexiglass barrier, there is a little bit of the moon. Or close enough, anyway.

Hitting the temptingly-red button causes a large Pokémon battling arena to erupt from the centre, immediately entrancing the multiple Elgyem acting as aides to the scientists. They were found here in the desert about twenty years ago, and MoonSim Inc. was subsequently founded on the site. The founders couldn't remember why they'd made it - it was just as if the idea had popped into their minds. Anyway, I digress...

---

Gravity is being tested today, so there will be two effects in progress:

1)
When the match Seeker's Pokémon is winning, strong Gravity comes into effect.
2)
When the match Seeker's Pokémon is losing, all Psychic-type Pokémon gain the Levitate trait.

Whether a Pokémon is winning or losing is decided by [(Damage taken + energy spent) / (HP at start of round + energy at start of round)]*100.

A couple of changes since the last two challenges.
Forever alone ;_;

Seeking a Beginner Battle!

Pokemon: 2v2
Format: Singles
DQ Time: 2 Days for battlers, 3 days for the Ref
Recoveries and Chills: 0 Recoveries | 3 Chills
Arena: I'll let the person Responding to this or the Ref choose the arena

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seeking a Beginner Battle!

Pokemon: 2v2
Format: Singles
DQ Time: 2 Days for battlers, 3 days for the Ref
Recoveries and Chills: 0 Recoveries | 3 Chills
Arena: I'll let the person Responding to this or the Ref choose the arena
Ok then.

As for the arena, the ref can choose. Keep it simple though.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i wanna ref! alch and pokelol. :D

but i'm about to fall asleep so i'll try to get things set up tomorrow when i wake up... hopefully.

oh, pm up to 3!

Issuing an Open Challenge!
4 VS 4 Doubles
2 day Player DQ, 3 day ref DQ
3 Recoveries, 8 Chills
Arena: Unown Soup
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used 5 times (repeating a move counts as 2 uses), it cannot be used again.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Forever alone ;_;
Switch=KO
All Abilities
No Items

also
<iiMKUltra> alchemator
<iiMKUltra> about your challenge
<iiMKUltra> is that hp when sent to the ref
<iiMKUltra> or when battling
<iiMKUltra> (was that veil thin enough)
<Alchemator> hp when sent to the ref
<iiMKUltra> ok then
<iiMKUltra> same for the fe clause?
<Alchemator> yes

Lyris and Doran Dragon PM me your teams.

(Lyris I'm finally repaying you for all of those reffings you did for me!)

EDIT: Requesting a sub-ref here (3v3 singles) Thank You in advance.

Since dan is taking my match with CMFP I guess I'll return the favour and take his match with ToastTyrant (his match will go faster since it's effectively 4v4 doubles anyway :P) PM teams!

Let's get a quick, intense match in shall we? ;3

Battle type: 1v1 Singles
DQ Time: 2 Days
Restrictions: 2 chills/1 recovery
Music: Janne Da Arc - Vampire
Arena: Simple grassy field. There's a lake off to the side for Water Pokemon/attacks.

I prefer fighting NFEs, but I'll eagerly take on all comers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)