Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take the Theater of Daring Exploits battle. I'm willing (and eager!) to write the long flavor passages, but since this is my first reffing match, I wouldn't mind at all if you wanted someone more experienced. This seems like the kind of battle that'll be fun to ref.

I'll put the thread up tomorrow morning after I get PMs.

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ (3 for Ref)
2 Recoveries/8 Chills

A sea of magma sits beneath the battlers. At the end of each round, there is a 10% chance that the dragon will roar, causing stalactites to drop, dealing 15 Damage to 2 Pokemon. Only Fire-types can dig because of the extreme heat. Earthquake and Magnitude are allowed, but any Pokemon hit by the attack has a 50% chance of their platform being destroyed and they fall into the lava, taking a 12 BP Fire attack coming from 4 SpA. Although there is no water, Surf may be used but it becomes a Fire type attack.

LoudKirbyKing, Leethoof, I'll take your match! I am very well acquainted with that game and I think I have a few nasty tricks up my sleeve. ;)

PM me your teams!

Searching for a battle...

2 Vs 2 Doubles
3 day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: ASB Arena

When accepting, please know that I only have NFE Pokemon, and only 3 at that.

~hoblaph
Accepting the epic NFE battle.
Switch=KO (Obviously, it's 2v2 doubles XD)
Items=Off
Abilities=One
Now let's find ourselves a ref.

Searching for a battle...

2 Vs 2 Doubles
3 day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: ASB Arena

When accepting, please know that I only have NFE Pokemon, and only 3 at that.

~hoblaph
Accepting the epic NFE battle.
Switch=KO (Obviously, it's 2v2 doubles XD)
Items=Off
Abilities=One
Now let's find ourselves a ref.

Ill ref this one. Pm Teams.

Also Dropping my challenge to accept Atheno's 3v3 NFE Trips

Abilities = Uno
Switch = Smell Muk's Armpit
Items = Off

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ (3 for Ref)
2 Recoveries/8 Chills

A sea of magma sits beneath the battlers. At the end of each round, there is a 10% chance that the dragon will roar, causing stalactites to drop, dealing 15 Damage to 2 Pokemon. Only Fire-types can dig because of the extreme heat. Earthquake and Magnitude are allowed, but any Pokemon hit by the attack has a 50% chance of their platform being destroyed and they fall into the lava, taking a 12 BP Fire attack coming from 4 SpA. Although there is no water, Surf may be used but it becomes a Fire type attack.
This is mine.

One Ability
Switch=KO
No Items

Also issuing two challenges.
Challenge 1:
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 chills/recovers
Arena: Swamp
A generic swamp. Pokemon who are susceptible to the Poison status condition take 1 damage at the end of each action.

Challenge 1:
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 chills/recovers
A generic swamp. Pokemon who are susceptible to the Poison status condition take 3 damage at the end of each round.

I will take the Theater of Daring Exploits battle. I'm willing (and eager!) to write the long flavor passages, but since this is my first reffing match, I wouldn't mind at all if you wanted someone more experienced. This seems like the kind of battle that'll be fun to ref.

I'll put the thread up tomorrow morning after I get PMs.
Tortferngatr in shinyskarmory's VMs said:
BTW-we would honestly like someone a bit more experienced for the battle. However, if we can't find anyone for four days, we'd certainly be willing to have you as our ref.

I would personally ask that you try getting a simpler battle first as practice-or going through the referee tutoring program. It should be a helpful way of getting you acquainted with the process.

Thank you, though.
So, if anyone has one of the next 96 hours to accept this...

pending approval from my latest post in the prize claiming thread, I'll have enough pokemon for a 6v6 beginner's brawl!! I understand most trainers don't have 6 NFE's, so I'm willing to make it 5v5 or 4v4 if needed, but I'd prefer 6v6.

Brawl, beginners (4v4, 5v5, or 6v6)
DQ time; 2 Days (3 Days Ref DQ)
0 recovers/0 chills
For the sake of the ref's sanity, let's make it the ASB arena.

Challenge 1:
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 chills/recovers
A generic swamp. Pokemon who are susceptible to the Poison status condition take 1 damage at the end of each action.
I'll take this Engineer Pikachu!
Items ON, no switch, all abilities

pending approval from my latest post in the prize claiming thread, I'll have enough pokemon for a 6v6 beginner's brawl!! I understand most trainers don't have 6 NFE's, so I'm willing to make it 5v5 or 4v4 if needed, but I'd prefer 6v6.

0 recovers/0 chills

Accepting
4v4
Items = Off
Abilities = One
Switch Nty.

0 recovers/0 chills

Accepting
4v4
Items = Off
Abilities = One
Switch Nty.
OH totally mine, PM teams. And if you guys want to save time PM the abilities of your team too, but if not thats fine

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat C$FP
Originally Posted by Fat Engineer Pikachu
Challenge 1:
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 chills/recovers
A generic swamp. Pokemon who are susceptible to the Poison status condition take 3 damage at the end of each round.
I think I'll take this. All abilities and items are on.
I'll ref this.

I'll also issue two open challenges:

Challenge 1:
6vs6 Strongmon Brawl
2-day Player-DQ / 5-day ref DQ (DQ time starts with each reffing post)
1 Recovery / 5 Chills
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Challenge 2:
2vs2 Singles
2-day DQ
Infinite Recoveries / Infinite Chills
Arena: Acceptor's choice

Accepting challenge 2.

Switch = OK
Items = No
Abilities = 1
Arena:

Arena: The Frozen Throne
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Multiples
Restriction: No Water Source

The Frozen Throne, the dreaded seat of power of the Lich King, is a large ice platform upon the top of a giant spire. An invisible wall surrounds the platform, preventing any Pokémon from falling below. However, it is highly unadvisable to fly too much above the arena, because the strong winds generally cause the unfortunate mon to be blown away (which would result in the Pokémon being effectively knocked out).

An interesting feature of the Frozen Throne is its soul siphon. Whenever a Pokémon deals 30 or more damage in a single round, he acquires a Soul Fragment at the end of the round. The Fragment can be used at the start of the next round to get one of the following effects:

- Restoring 10 Energy. This effect does not consume an action.
- Powering up an attack, causing it to deal 3 more damage. The user must declare which attack will be powered up (for example, he could issue the following order: Tackle - Thunder Wave - Tackle (powered up) ).

The Soul Fragment must be used in the round it gets available or it is lost (so, you cannot store it up). If the Soul Fragment is not used in the turn it is available, the user takes 10 flat damage caused by the fragment exploding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)