Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Korski, I would take your 4v4 Doubles challenge, but I don't have 4 NFEs. All I have is a freshly obtained Privatyke and an about to evolve Turtwig. I'd be perfectly willing to do 2v2 Doubles or in getting myself a partner for the first 4 vs. 2+2 battle in ASB history (as far as I know).

Or we could work out some other solution. I don't know.

No switching, no items, and all abilities if we work something out.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
2 vs. 2 is fine, shinyskarmory, BUT if you can find someone else or someone else posts to such an effect before a ref comes along, I'd be happy to do 4 vs. 2+2.

EDIT: Subreffing above. Reffing will occur tonight.

Changing this for a Challenging DarkSlay.
2v2 Singles (NFE Only)
3 Day DQ
2 recoveries / 5 Chills.
Arena: Either DarkSlay's own choosing or this;

Arena: Timetraveller's Forest
Field Type: Diverse
Complexity: Intense
Format: All
Restrictions: Weather moves won't work.

Description:
A simple little grove in the middle of a forest, with a 50m clearing in the middle. river runs silently off to the side of the arena, about 2.5m deep and 3m wide. A beautiful full moon beams down on this picturesque scene. So, what make this arena more?

Time Travel.

At the beginning of every round, Celebi shows up (Non-catchable) and shifts everyone from the current timeline to a random alternate. The potential timelines are:

- Natural Life: The starting arena. Call it home if you like, because it'll be the only promise of comfort you'll get. No special effects.
- Forest Fire: Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... All Fire moves receive a Flash Fire boost, all others unused to the intense heat with have -1 Accuracy.
- Industrialization: Welcome to the Streets. Desolate for as far as the eye can see, nothing but concrete and iron. The river and all the trees are gone, and Seismic Activity and Dig are unusable. Steel and Electric types are right at home, and have the Energy cost reduced of all moves by 2.
- Drought: Sunlight, so harsh it burns. The trees have lost their leaves, and offer little to no relief to wary battlers. All Grass-Types will be treated as if they have Solar Power, as well as their normal abilities. Water-types will also lose 1hp per action.
- Storm: Thunderbolts and Lightning, very very Frightening! The river has flooded, and everyone has about 50cm of water around their ankles! This impedes foot-movement, and all moves that require going up and striking your opponent to have negative priority. Flying types, Levitators and Water-types are able to ignore this, due to their ability to avoid/thrive in watery conditions.
- Deadland: The river dried up, and the land died with it. Nothing but Sand as far as the eye can see, which isn't very far, with the giant Sandstorm in your face. Pokemon uncomfortable with Desert conditions have -1 Accuracy.
- Snowbound: Welcome to a Winter Wonderland. Weather is Snowing (Hail, without the damage per Action). Pokemon unfit for Winter conditions will move slower than normal.
- Midnight in a Perfect World: Identical to Natural Life, but during the Night. Because of the tranquility, a sense of peace befalls all Pokemon; Chilling regains 10 health as well as 18% Energy, and Recoveries are 15% more effective. This peace also affects a Pokemon's fighting prowess; All Pokemon lose 1 Rank in both Attacks for the duration of this Round.
Accepted. I suppose I'll go out of the norm and accept that arena too.

Switch = KO
Items Off
One Ability
Ref, please?

I want to try my hand at reffing before officially signing up for the tutoring program. Just to see if I like it. I will do my best, but if there is an error anywhere, feel free to point it out and I will fix it.

One on One battle in my arena. 2 day DQ. First to accept chooses chill/recovery and whether you will be using NFE or what not. Second will chooses items and abilities. Switch is obviously not allowed.

Arena: Abandoned Wasteland
A very open arena with a two or three shriveled trees. There is a swamp of caustic liquid lined with a multitude of mushrooms. The swamp emits a gas that has the chance of poisoning the competitors. (10% chance normal poison, 5% bad poison. Calculated at the begining of each round). The mushrooms can be eaten, but with risk.

As the only water in the arena is the swamp, water and ice moves have a 30% chance of poisoning the foe, and a 10% chance of poisoning the user unless the user is of the poison- or steel- type. (normal poison)

Poison- type moves are powered up by one BAP, and any move used by a poison type pokémon gains one BAP. These bonuses stack.

Non damaging moves that inflict poison are absorbed by the environment.

The mushrooms can have any of these effects each with a 10% chance of being the chosen effect.

Normal Poison.
Bad Poison.
Paralyze.
Acts as a 3 BAP poison attack from a 3 Attack. Non-STAB.
acts as a 3 BAP poison attack from a 3 Special Attack. Non-STAB.
Acts as an Oran Berry.
Acts as a Lum Berry.
Acts as a Sitrus Berry.
Changes Pokémon's type to poison.
No Effect.

Doing this again, please join, last one was pretty awesome.
Meh... I'll accept this. Don't have much else to do...

(EDIT: I'll be leaving for a 3 day camp tomorrow, so you'll have to check out my ASB team manually. Sorry ref.)
Accepting this :3
Will reff this
Need one more guy for this. Also to everyone battling this is a FE battle, you've been warned!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
6v6 Doubles
4 NFEs, 1 Mid-stage, 1 FE*
2 Day DQ
2 recoveries / 5 Chills.
I would prefer items to be off.

Arena:
Crystal Depths said:
A deep cavern lit only by a scattering of crystals in the walls. Their brilliance, however, is enough for normal light. It is not possible to summon any weather, and there is no water source. Other than those two restrictions, all other moves are usable.

*If you do not have a mid-stage, then bring 5 NFEs and 1 FE. If you do not have an FE, then bring 4 NFEs and 2 Mid-stages.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Korski
Also, OPEN CHALLENGE:

4 vs. 4 Doubles
2-day DQ
0 Recovers / 0 Chills
Arena: ASB Arena
LC-eligible Pokemon only
Originally Posted by Fat shinyskarmory
Korski, I would take your 4v4 Doubles challenge, but I don't have 4 NFEs. All I have is a freshly obtained Privatyke and an about to evolve Turtwig. I'd be perfectly willing to do 2v2 Doubles or in getting myself a partner for the first 4 vs. 2+2 battle in ASB history (as far as I know).

Or we could work out some other solution. I don't know.

No switching, no items, and all abilities if we work something out.
Originally Posted by Fat Korski
2 vs. 2 is fine, shinyskarmory
Bumping this because we need a ref.

Still trainging to beat other Steel Gym Leader competitors.
2v2 Doubles
36 Hour DQ
1 Recovery/2 Chills
Standard Tournament Arena
And I would prefer items be on

Open Challenge

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ; ref= 2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/3 chills
NFEs only- no evolutions
Arena: Grey Sanctum

In this impartial world, all is fair. The arena is in the apprearance of a stone chamber, being lit by an unknown schorce, as if a dream. Like its counterpart, the white sanctum, it is alive, and it can cast judgement. The arena doesn't like to see an unfair advantage, so super-effective moves have halved base power the first time they are used in a round. Also, this match will not appear on the W/L/T board, but counters will be given. On another note, its owner cannot make it, so he'll sent his Drifloon to fight singlehandedly for practice. Beause of this, the challenger can only send ghost or flying type pokemon. There is no water scource, and those who use seismic moves will be punished. Also, for some reason, sound-based moves have their base-power doubled, although the user will suffer 3 damage from the arena.

-Practice match
-Challenger will be fighting a Drifloon
-Chalenger can only bring or flying or ghost-type pokemon
-Super effective moves have their base power halved on their first use per round
-No water-scource based moves
-Seismic moves are not reccomended
I'll accept this,
one ability, no items
Bumping from the previous page, no one wants to ref a quick 1v1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)