Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reffing this. MrcRanger didn't expand on terms so I just took it as Ragnarokalex accepted.
Oh, Mrc is reffing Box. .-.

Posting an identical challenge if you want to ref that :D

Open Challenge
2v2 Doubles Training Battle (Doesn't count towards w/l)
2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/4 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Arena: Smeargle's Studio

Littered with paintings, all moves are allowed because stuff can come out of the paintings because they're magic. The first round, no abilities or items will be active, and moves will do no damage, have no effect, and cost no energy, except for Sketch. Sketch costs no Energy and has -100 priority on Round 1.

Okay then, issuing my previous challenge again!

3v3 Rotation Battle
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 chills
Mid-Stage mons only (I am bringing Castform admittedly, but I just got it :/).
And now in my new and improved Normal Gym!

Virtual Arena.

Flavor:
Hidden in Opelucid City in the Unova region, there lies an old gym that was once used for Rotation Battles, but was left abandoned after some people were hurt in the gym. Maxim has renovated (and improved the safety features of) this gym, and now serves as his (possible and unlikely) gym arena. The gym puzzle generally involves two types of rotating platforms, long sword platforms that connect one place to the next, and circular shield platforms that connect to four places. Every time one platform is rotated, all the others rotate as well. The trick of the gym is to get rotate the shield platforms in such a manner that the sword platforms lead you to the gym stadium.

Arena:
At the end of the gym is a square arena about 100 meters in length with two big circular platforms in the middle. The arena is purpose built for rotation battles, but can be used for other battles sparingly. This arena has a moat for water types to swim in and for surf, but they cannot attack unless they are in the front position or else they're disqualified. Also, the water is not deep enough to Dive in, and Digging will damage the machinery under the arena. All Normal types are reinforced here, and receive the Sturdy trait (How the arena does this is a trade secret). The arena is also put under constant increased gravity, which cannot be dispelled even by the move Gravity.

Summary: No Digging or Diving, Constant Gravity effect, Normal types get sturdy trait.
This battle hasn't been taken yet. Anyone?

issuing challenge

1vs1 quickie (ill be using a mamoswine, so bring FE if you want, or NFE if you dont care)
2 day DQ/ 3 day ref DQ
0 recoveries and 0 chills

Arena (im lazy so time to make one up on the spot): Frosty field- A large grassland coated with snow. the temperature is around 20 degrees, and the sky is thick with dark gray snow and hail clouds. There is a 75% chance it will begin to hail at the begging of each round. due to the cold climates and wind chill ice moves gain 1BP, and fire moves are weakened, losing 2BP.

in addition to the challenge above, i am also challenging box
2vs2 doubles (one FE and one NFE)
3 day dq
0 recoveries and chills
Arena: box gets to pick from the arena compedium

issuing challenge

1vs1 quickie (ill be using a mamoswine, so bring FE if you want, or NFE if you dont care)
2 day DQ/ 3 day ref DQ
0 recoveries and 0 chills

Arena (im lazy so time to make one up on the spot): Frosty field- A large grassland coated with snow. the temperature is around 20 degrees, and the sky is thick with dark gray snow and hail clouds. There is a 75% chance it will begin to hail at the begging of each round. due to the cold climates and wind chill ice moves gain 1BP, and fire moves are weakened, losing 2BP.
I feel like getting stomped today WTH.

1 ability
training items.

Reffing Maxim and MrcRanger97.

Glacier Knight said:
Accepting in addition to the challenge above, i am also challenging box
2vs2 doubles (one FE and one NFE)
3 day dq
0 recoveries and chills
Arena: box gets to pick from the arena compedium
Accepting this.

Unown Soup (It's my favorite)
All abilities
Counter items only
Switch lolol

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Open Challenge!

6v6 Doubles
3 day DQ
2 Rec / 3 Chill
ASB Arena (unless you have something else cooler but not too complex)

I will be using NFEs and fairly new single stage Pokemon. Plan your team accordingly.
I really want a battle. Havn't really been doing much recently. So, anyone up for it? I would reduce the size to 5v5 or 4v4 if you would prefer. So, what do you say?

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I really want a battle. Havn't really been doing much recently. So, anyone up for it? I would reduce the size to 5v5 or 4v4 if you would prefer. So, what do you say?
6 is good, and we'll make it a training battle (agreed on irc).
Switch=OK
Items Off
All Abilities

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Open Challenge
2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/4 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 Athenodoros goes second during first round
Arena: Smeargle's Studio

Littered with paintings, all moves are allowed because stuff can come out of the paintings because they're magic. The first round, no abilities or items will be active, and moves will do no damage, have no effect, and cost no energy, except for Sketch. Sketch costs no Energy and has -100 priority on Round 1.
Easy KO Counters anyone?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright good sirs, I am in desperate need of a subref for this battle.

For those who are interested it is 4v4 NFE Doubles with a 5-day DQ time, and there have been no KOes yet either. (But we are running quite close to some)

Please? :3

SMASHLLOYD20's 2K

PART THE FIRST

OPEN CHALLENGE

FEBRUARY BATTLE!!!!

I am putting out a challenge for a battle using February mechanics. All moves, abilities, etc., will follow the rules from the original compilation thread (you can find it on the very last page of the subforum). All mechanics decisions and calculations will follow the data in that thread. Both battlers must 'update' their Pokemon with old information (again, everything is in the original compilation thread). Note that this DOES reverse CAP revamps (yes, bring your Cyclohms).

YOU MAY NOT BATTLE OR REF UNLESS YOU REGISTERED BEFORE MARCH 1, 2011.

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chill
Arena: Moonlight Forest
A large clearing in a forest. The time is midnight. Trees ring the outside of the clearing.

Challenger may choose the Items and Abilities, but I am setting Switch=KO due to the differences between February switching and now.

NOTE: The one thing that does not change is that all rewards stay the same.

HAVE AT YE!

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Issuing an open challenge.

3v3 Singles (Bring four mons, leave one unused)
Middlemons, please. I'm bringing a single-stage, a mid-stage, and two unevolved, so take that how you will.

3 Day DQ.
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills.
Arena: Abandoned Mausoleum
In this utterly dark underground stone hall, nothing is lit. Without proper, steady illumination - nothing sudden - it will be nearly impossible for most Pokémon to see their opponent. What this means is up to the ref, and should be defined by the Referee in the first post.

Okay. I thought of this just now. I literally. Cackled in glee.

Open Challenge
2 Day DQ (3 Day Ref)
2 Recovery/4 Chills
Send 2 Pokemon to Ref
Darkamber8828 goes second during first round
Arena: Unown and Smeargle's Studio Soup

Basically Unown Soup. But. Littered with paintings and Unowns, all moves are allowed because stuff can come out of the paintings because they're magic. Each pokemon has its own set of 26 Unowns. The first round, no abilities or items will be active, and moves will do no damage, have no effect, and cost no energy, except for Sketch. Sketch costs no Energy and has -100 priority on Round 1. Unowns regenerate immediately after they are used, but only on Round 1. The rule where only one Unown can be used per round is null, only on Round 1.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM A GENIUS

THE WORLD WILL SEE THE RISE OF A V-CREATE DARK VOID PSYCHO BOOST SEED FLARE PSYSTRIKE SECRET SWORD BLUE FLARE SMEARGLE

Open Challenge

2v2 Babymon Singles(Training)
0 Recovery/2 chills
36 Hour DQ
Arena: Chain Table

After Fuego Ironworks was abandoned, the gigantic lid to immense pot of molten metal was secured for the first time in 60 years. Locals decided that this "Chain Table" would make a superb pokemon arena. They were right. The Chain Table itself is an immense, thick metal platform roughly 30ft in diameter. Chains decorate the edges, giving it a mechanical appearance was well as a netting. If a pokemon is struck by a critical hit, they will go flying and strike the chains, doing additional damage.

In short

~30x30ft metal platform

~Chains attached at the sides

~If a pokemon takes a critical hit, they suffer additional damage dfepending on wieght class
(Rank 1- 5, Rank 2- 10, Rank 3- 15, Rank 4- 20, and so on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)