Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoS' 2K Celebration! (Part 1)

Howdy y'all. I've got a few things lined up to celebrate 2000 posts on Smogon, and the first is the following match I'll be reffing.

Two very experienced battlers would be preferred.

6v6 FE Singles
3 Day DQ, 4 for SoS. Because he's sexy
Unlimited recovers/chills
Switch = Ok
All Abilities
Items = On

Arena: WHATEVER THE HELL SOS WANTS
Yes, that's right. Each round, I will change the arena at will, adding potential new restrictions, obstacles, maybe even the occasional condition or potential enemy. Maybe even an ally. The first round will take place in the ASB arena, and from there, it will be changed at the end of each round. I will do my best not to bias it too heavily in favour of one or the other battler.

So yes, looking for two challengers.

Now it's time for the 2k props:

dogfish44: A fellow Brit who gave me a sound thrashing in the Electric gym contest, and a damn fine raid partner, in addition to being a fantastic ref.

Arcanite: At one time, an apprentice ref. At others, a fierce rival. And now, pretty much my official raid partner. Arcanite is a boss. We're going to wreck Articuno this time for sure ;)

It's A Random: The king of the Scramble Challange thread, which was one of the things that really started me on Smogon. I'd always lurked, but pretty much just hung around the UU discussions, never saying much. The Scramble thread is awesome, and anyone looking for something slightly different should definitely have a look. Also a bloody excellent battler. I'll have him one of these days...

Texas Cloverleaf: The other king of the Scramble thread, or at least he was until he quit. Texas' infamous Hardest Scramble Challange Ever solidified his balls of steel. May as well extend this prop to the rest of my peeps from the Scramble Thread, most notably Galladiator.

Dummy007: Except this guy. This guy's a bro. Therefore he gets his own. Problem? Fuck you. Dummy's been a bro ever since he gave me a Kyurem in the Scramble Premier League Tournament that led me to great success, I came third overall. Dummy deserves more credit.

Deck Knight: Got to give you immense credit for building CAP ASB from the ground up, and making it what it is. It's an incredibly fun experience - hell, I've got about 1500 posts in this subforum alone. Says it all.

Zarator: An almost as impressive achievement, running the Raid Zone with creative locations and enemies, and fiendishly difficult challenge *glares at Tidefury Strand*. Also, hamming it up as Ghetsis is priceless.

Korski: Also known as the ref who never sleeps. Korski's ability to ref a match is near unparalleled.

Objection: Objection's arenas are so creative and awesome I'm even willing to ref doubles on them. And I. Hate. Reffing. Multiples. Also he has a team of Disney villains, so points for that.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I think that's it, apart from to all ASB users: thank you. Without you, CAP ASB wouldn't be as special and fun as it is. Thank you so much. Here's to another 2000!

Hey SOS, a battle I'm in is 1 round away from finishing, so I'd like to join in on that 2k. (If I'm experienced enough, otherwise kick me out!)

Okay, so now the amount of substitutions are supposed to be listed with other rules...

OPEN CHALLENGE TIME!!
3v3 doubles with NFEs (I'll be using stage 1s and basics, so keep that in mind.)
3 Day DQ (because i will be away for christmas)
Infinite chills / no recoveries
2 subs per side per action
Arena: Mmm, i'll give to the acceptor.

"The Wanderer said:
You need babymons to make middlemons, so I'm setting up an Open LC battle.

3v3 triples
2 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
1 Sub per pokemon
And the arena is...
Field Type- Varies
Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
Format- Varies
Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind:
The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!
Sounds like an interesting match

Switch = ???
Items = Yeah
Abilities = All
Awesome. Now we just need a ref.

Well, i think i would like a match thats not 1vs1, and lasts only 2 rounds.... i want some meaning in my ASB life!

2vs2 NFE singles
2 day DQ
Infinite Recoveries and Chills

Arena: Summoning Grounds
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Intense
Format- Singles
Restrictions- No Water source

Summoning Grounds:
In this strategic arena, you have the opportunity to turn the tides and strengthen your side with more numbers! The Battle always starts one vs one, but it can easily turn into 2vs1, then 2vs2, and even 3vs3! if you're lucky you could go 3vs1, and if you are not you might experience a dreadful 1vs3. Anything is possible in this voodoo/tiki themed arena!

The grass is short, spiky and yellow due to little rain. The sun is setting so the sky is a dazzling spectrum of pink, yellow, orange, and purple. Even though night is approaching the climate here is hot, and the temperature during the battle is a blistering 88 degrees Fahrenheit. The area is shaped like a star of david (300 feet by 300 feet), with african decoartions such as tiki torches, tribal masks, and skeletons on the borders.

Scattered around the field lie several "prizes"; and Absol Pelt, Seviper Fang, Lopunny Foot, Snover Bark, and more! Parts of pokemon captured and used by the tribes in the area! The tribe where you battle hunted these pokemon decades ago, and now only certain peices of them remain. in the center of the arena is where the maic happens, literally!

There lies the Cauldron of Animilistic Revival (or C.A.R, though it isnt related). Made of tempered steel, the thing is massive for a cauldron, 10 feet wide and long, 7 feet tall, and an opening of four feet wide/long. A larfe fire burns underneath, cooking a mysterious potion that makes the C.A.R billow out green, purple, and orange smoke. With this couldron you can conquer!

The concept is simple; Find a trophy part of a deceased pokemon (e.g absol pelt), toss it into the C.A.R, and viola! With the eerie powers of the tribal magic that pokemon will be revived and will fight for you during the match!

Notes/Rules
1. It takes one action to pick up a Trophy Item, and it takes another action to Throw it into the Cauldron

2.You can use a move or pokemon to block the opponent from getting a trophy item into the Cauldron (e.g rattata used quick attack to catch the Tangrowth vine that was about to be put into the C.A.R)

3.If a trophy pokemon faints, the battle continues. If you take down a Trophy pokemon then your pokemon that made it faint gains 1KOC (e.g if you team takes down the enemy's pokemon and 2 trophy pokemon, the pokemon that killed them gains 1KOC from the original, and 2KOC from the trophy mons)

4.The battle ends when one of the Players has no usable pokemon left, whether it be original or trophy.

5. Trophy Pokemon Know all level up moves and egg moves

6. The ref decides what trophy pokemon peices are available. There can be any # of trophy pieces, but players can only have 2 Trophy pokemon on their team at a time.

i have made a list of possible trophy pieces, and refs can use any form here. however, you can make your own as you see fir (e.g Bellossom skirt, Slowpoke tail)

List of possible Trophy Pieces
Mamoswine Tusk
Forretress Husk
Absol Pelt
Spiritomb Keystone
Skarmory Feather
Braviary Talon
Shiftry Leaf
Sharpedo Fin
Lopunny Foot
Escavalier Helmet
Torkoal Shell
Marowak Club
Magneton Magnet
Machoke Belt
Onix Piece
Tangrowth Vine
Skunktank Pelt
Snover Bark
Druddigon Scale
Shedinja Carapace
Farfetch'd Leek
Golduck Beak
Alakazam Tuning Spoon
Lanturn Antenne
Seviper Fang
Ludicolo Sombrero
Flaffy Wool
Cloyster Shell
Sandslash Claw
Arcanine Pelt

Well, i think i would like a match thats not 1vs1, and lasts only 2 rounds.... i want some meaning in my ASB life!

2vs2 NFE singles
2 day DQ
Infinite Recoveries and Chills

Arena: Summoning Grounds
Field Type- Neutral
Complexity- Intense
Format- Singles
Restrictions- No Water source

Summoning Grounds: In this strategic arena, you have the opportunity to turn the tides and strengthen your side with more numbers! The Battle always starts one vs one, but it can easily turn into 2vs1, then 2vs2, and even 3vs3! if you're lucky you could go 3vs1, and if you are not you might experience a dreadful 1vs3. Anything is possible in this voodoo/tiki themed arena!

The grass is short, spiky and yellow due to little rain. The sun is setting so the sky is a dazzling spectrum of pink, yellow, orange, and purple. Even though night is approaching the climate here is hot, and the temperature during the battle is a blistering 88 degrees Fahrenheit. The area is shaped like a star of david (300 feet by 300 feet), with african decoartions such as tiki torches, tribal masks, and skeletons on the borders.

Scattered around the field lie several "prizes"; and Absol Pelt, Seviper Fang, Lopunny Foot, Snover Bark, and more! Parts of pokemon captured and used by the tribes in the area! The tribe where you battle hunted these pokemon decades ago, and now only certain peices of them remain. in the center of the arena is where the maic happens, literally!

There lies the Cauldron of Animilistic Revival (or C.A.R, though it isnt related). Made of tempered steel, the thing is massive for a cauldron, 10 feet wide and long, 7 feet tall, and an opening of four feet wide/long. A larfe fire burns underneath, cooking a mysterious potion that makes the C.A.R billow out green, purple, and orange smoke. With this couldron you can conquer!

The concept is simple; Find a trophy part of a deceased pokemon (e.g absol pelt), toss it into the C.A.R, and viola! With the eerie powers of the tribal magic that pokemon will be revived and will fight for you during the match!

Notes/Rules
1. It takes one action to pick up a Trophy Item, and it takes another action to Throw it into the Cauldron

2.You can use a move or pokemon to block the opponent from getting a trophy item into the Cauldron (e.g rattata used quick attack to catch the Tangrowth vine that was about to be put into the C.A.R)

3.If a trophy pokemon faints, the battle continues. If you take down a Trophy pokemon then your pokemon that made it faint gains 1KOC (e.g if you team takes down the enemy's pokemon and 2 trophy pokemon, the pokemon that killed them gains 1KOC from the original, and 2KOC from the trophy mons)

4.The battle ends when one of the Players has no usable pokemon left, whether it be original or trophy.

5. Trophy Pokemon Know all level up moves and egg moves

6. The ref decides what trophy pokemon peices are available. There can be any # of trophy pieces, but players can only have 2 Trophy pokemon on their team at a time.

i have made a list of possible trophy pieces, and refs can use any form here. however, you can make your own as you see fir (e.g Bellossom skirt, Slowpoke tail)

List of possible Trophy Pieces
Mamoswine Tusk
Forretress Husk
Absol Pelt
Spiritomb Keystone
Skarmory Feather
Braviary Talon
Shiftry Leaf
Sharpedo Fin
Lopunny Foot
Escavalier Helmet
Torkoal Shell
Marowak Club
Magneton Magnet
Machoke Belt
Onix Piece
Tangrowth Vine
Skunktank Pelt
Snover Bark
Druddigon Scale
Shedinja Carapace
Farfetch'd Leek
Golduck Beak
Alakazam Tuning Spoon
Lanturn Antenne
Seviper Fang
Ludicolo Sombrero
Flaffy Wool
Cloyster Shell
Sandslash Claw
Arcanine Pelt
I ACCEPT

Switch=I'll send Ezio after you
Items=None
Abilities=All

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Challenging criminal scum Terrador

4v4 Mixmon Singles
1 Day DQ all
2 Substitutions
2 Rec/5 Chl
ASB Arena

Players must send:
1 Baby (First of 2 or 3 stages)
1 NFE (Not Fully Evolved)
1 Weak FE (29 or less moves)
1 Strongmon FE (30 or more moves)

These mons are sent out in order, from Baby to Strongmon.

If I'm not in IRC, hold off on volunteering to ref this. Timezone is of the essence.

Issuing a challenge!

Training Battle
1v1 Singles
NFE only, no Recovery, no Chills
1 Substitution only
ASB arena (everything allowed)
DQ Time: 1 day/2 days for the ref

Please, please, allow Training items^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)