Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't done a battle that isn't training for ages. Time to boost (or destroy) my W/L/T record.

Issuing two iddentical challenges (apart from the arena)
4v4 singles
2 day DQ (ref can ask for three 1 day extentions)
Unlimited chills/2 recoveries
Requesting switch = OK
Arena for challenge 1: Metal Bagon's White Island
Arena: White Island
Field Type: Dragon/Fire
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions:
1. No Hail
2. Flying types can choose to avoid 1 rock type attack per round for 10 energy (but this is canceled out in sunny weather).
3. Pokemon with the ability Dry Skin will have it's negative active throughout the entire match no matter what. In the rain it's positive only cancels out the negative effect and it won't restore HP with the ability. In the sun it loses double the HP.

Description:
White Island is actually a Volcano off the coast of New Zealand. The air here is very humid as this is an ACTIVE volcano so you better watch out around here. Metal Bagon has made this his gym and has a building on an island close to White Island (but far away enough for it to not be hit by any eruption the volcano can muster) trainers go to this island first and are then taken out to the island by boat by Metal Bagon for the battle.

The volcano of course is active, so at the end of every round there is a 20% that an eruption will happen. An eruption is a 10 BAP fire type move with rank 4 Sp.Attack (obviously the attack is special).

There is a dragon-like aura around this arena as well so dragon types get STAB on all fire types with 7 BAP and over, and fire types get STAB on all dragon type moves 6 BAP and under.

The island is too humid for hail and because of the humidity it takes pokemon not used to these conditions a while to get used to. As such, any pokemon using a rock type move for the first time in a round will have difficulty hitting flying types. If the flying type chooses it can avoid that rock move by flying beyond reach for 10 energy. It must be stated when the trainers orders whether in the case of a rock move it wants to avoid that move (note that if nothing is put then the ref should assume that the pokemon doesn't want avoid the attack).

Also, because of humidity, pokemon that don't receive STAB on heat wave get STAB and Heat Wave has perfect accuracy for that pokemon.

Arena for challenge 2: Glacier Knight's Jamestown 1607
Field Type- Bug/water
Complexity- Moderate
Format- All
Restrictions- No earthquakes, No weather

Jamestown, 1607: The first permanent English settlement in america, and whose colonization eventually led to the birth of america, you will be fighting back when the fort was still young, in 1607! You will be fighting out side the great fort, which at the time stood 18 feet all around. the southern wall that bordered the river was 420 feet long, while the other two sides were 300 feet long. surrounding the fort for about 20 feet all around there is tall, wild grass (no lawnmowers in the 17th century). the southern area of the arena is beach, with fine sand and the shoreline coated in cattails and other plants. the water is very warm, and brackish, so its not super fresh. to the north, east, and west of the fort lies the dense woods of virginia, which are inhabited with Powhatan Indians and other dangers. the forest is very thick due to no tampering with the vegetation (yay for no pollution and negative human interaction!), and the grass is still thick. the setting is in the beginning of fall, but it was still very hot, and if you dont know anything about virginia weather, its that if you are near water and its hot, it will be very very humid. the humidity leaves the air everywhere thick and steamy, which makes battling very uncomfortable. however bug pokemon will have no problem with this. the conditions that jamestown provide are perfect for them to thrive and battle, as the settlers experience that all too well (k.o by malaria!). Bug pokemon gain 30 base speed (e.g bug mon with 70 base speed now has 100) and 2BP to bug moves. ice pokemon will abhor the climate here, so their speed loses a flat 20 and their ice attacks lose 2BP. the weather cannot be changed, for that would surely affect the settlers (which in turn would cause an alternate dimension, yadda yadda yadda), and earthquakes cannot be generated. Also during every even round indians will dart of the woods and try to attack jamestown, but the settlers are prepared! at the points of the triangular fort lie a single but powerful cannon, that will blast the pesky native americans! sadly the settlers arent bright, so they might hit your pokemon! watch out! if your pokemon gets hit they lose 20 damage. (rng for getting hit by cannon is 20% out of 100%)

Please don't be daunted by the descriptions as both arenas have a lot of flavour in there descriptions.
Sup.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Texas to a 3v3 Training Singles.
3/5
Arena:
Old Chaos Shrine

Field Type: Neutral
Traits: Artificial Field, No Digging (Arena cannot be Dug through), Water Source

Description:
um a sorta manmade cave with a big puddle i'm guessing

Ruleset:
Omega Toll - At the end of each round, 5 of each battler's En is taken by the stage, adding up in "Stage En" pool. Whenever a mon KOs a foe, they take all of the Stage En.
Coward's Punishment - Each mon that does not order an attacking move in a given round is completely immobilized, rendering them helpless for the entire next round.
Accepting
Training Items
All abilities
No switches

3 recs/5 chills

You ready for this?

Issuing an OPEN Challenge!

3v3 NFE Singles
3 Day DQ/5 Day Ref DQ
5 Chills/5 Recovers per team
Arena:
The battlers have been transported to the world of movies! Out of nowhere, each trainer has been granted a V-Watch to use in their coming conflict. At the start of their orders, the trainer may declare the use of a VFX Power in addition to their pokemon's attacks. VFX Powers have a Priority Level of 9001, and each Trainer can use each power once before the watch needs to be recharged. (By having your pokemon give up an action to charge the watch.)

VFX Slow: Your pokemon begins to move slower, while the attack power of their moves seem to increase. When under the effects of VFX Slow, your pokemon will have a priority drop of (2) in all of their moves in exchange for any attack they use this turn to have a flat increase in damage. (Attacks will always do 5 more damage than what is calculated.) VFX slow can also be used once in the round where it is activated to dodge an attack without fail. If this dodge ability is used, the effects of the user's VFX slow will disappear for the rest of that round.

Mach Speed: Using the power of the watch, your pokemon begins to move at increased speeds, increasing the priority level of any move they use by (2) for the duration of this round. In addition, any physical hits incurred under the effects of Mach Speed have a 30% Chance to burn the target.

Zoom In: The camera zooms in to catch the exact moment when your pokemon's attacks make contact, causing each move used this round to result in a Critical Hit. In addition, moves with secondary effects have a 100% chance of those effects occurring under the Zoom In power.

You ready for this?

Issuing an OPEN Challenge!

3v3 NFE Singles
3 Day DQ/5 Day Ref DQ
5 Chills/5 Recovers per team
Arena:
The battlers have been transported to the world of movies! Out of nowhere, each trainer has been granted a V-Watch to use in their coming conflict. At the start of their orders, the trainer may declare the use of a VFX Power in addition to their pokemon's attacks. VFX Powers have a Priority Level of 9001, and each Trainer can use each power once before the watch needs to be recharged. (By having your pokemon give up an action to charge the watch.)

VFX Slow: Your pokemon begins to move slower, while the attack power of their moves seem to increase. When under the effects of VFX Slow, your pokemon will have a priority drop of (2) in all of their moves in exchange for any attack they use this turn to have a flat increase in damage. (Attacks will always do 5 more damage than what is calculated.) VFX slow can also be used once in the round where it is activated to dodge an attack without fail. If this dodge ability is used, the effects of the user's VFX slow will disappear for the rest of that round.

Mach Speed: Using the power of the watch, your pokemon begins to move at increased speeds, increasing the priority level of any move they use by (2) for the duration of this round. In addition, any physical hits incurred under the effects of Mach Speed have a 30% Chance to burn the target.

Zoom In: The camera zooms in to catch the exact moment when your pokemon's attacks make contact, causing each move used this round to result in a Critical Hit. In addition, moves with secondary effects have a 100% chance of those effects occurring under the Zoom In power.
For my debut, I shall accept this challenge! 2 things:
1. Vegeta loves the VFX powers
2. I apologize in advance for mistakes I might make

EDIT: hey look, mistake #1
Switch = KO
Abilities = All
Items = none

^What the hey, I'll take all three of TheWolfe's matches in honor of my 1.5k. Obligatory shoutouts go to pretty much everyone in the Scramble Challenge thread, especially Son_of_Shadoo, DetroitLolcat, Its_A_Random, and Texas Cloverleaf. Thanks, guys!

(Also, I can't post on Sundays, so don't expect any reffing tomorrow. Monday, on the other hand, will be ref-tastic.)

EDIT: Oh, and I still have matches with Gerard, C$FP, and TheMogRunner in need of refs/subrefs. I'll edit in links soon.

EDIT2:
6 vs 6 Triples vs. Gerard in The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota
Pretty much a flashmatch vs. C$FP
TheMogRunner's challenge and my acceptance

These all need refs still

Right, let's see if I still suck at Doubles.

Open Challenge!
2v2 FE Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills
ASB Arena

Let's do it!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Challenging Objection!

3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
Max 2 Recoveries & 5 Chills per Mon
Arena:

Arena basics:

• No weather or SolarBeam
  • No external water source
  • No natural elements (rocks, grass, etc.)
  • No digging
  • Seismic moves allowed

The pokemon are inside what looks like an evil villain's hideout. The actual arena is a bunch of treadmills set out in several rows. The walls on the sides of the arena have been marked at 10ft intervals and it is clear that the length of the treadmill arena is 100ft, not counting the spike pits at each end.

The key aspect of this arena is position, or more specifically, how far along the treadmills the pokemon are. The treadmills span positions from 1ft to 100ft, and the spike pits are at locations 0ft backwards and 101ft onwards. The treadmills go in the direction of the spike pit that they are closer to. Flying and levitating pokemon are not exempt from this as the gravity in this room is slightly intensified - not enough for the move Gravity's effect to happen, but enough to force flying and levitating pokemon to come to the ground briefly at the end of each action.

Detailed arena mechanics:

At the start of the battle, whoever sends out their mons first sends them out at the 50ft mark and whoever sends their mons out second sends theirs out at the 51ft mark.

At the end of every action, every pokemon will be pulled 1ft by the treadmills. For pokemon whose position is between 1ft and 50ft, subtract 1ft. For pokemon whose position is between 51ft and 100ft, add 1ft. In addition, all pokemon lose 1 energy as they try to stay away from the spike pits. However, if a pokemon chills, cools down after a combo, is under the effects of Ingrain or fails to act at all for any reason (including but not limited to flinch, sleep and full paralysis), the pokemon is pulled 5ft instead but loses no energy.

All direct damaging moves, in addition to doing damage, knock the target away from the user of the move. If the user and target are in the same position, the move knocks the target towards the nearest spike pit. The knockback component is equal to the BAP of the move (before all adjustments except Technician, the *0.75 for multi-target moves and multi-hit calculation) plus the user's attack or special attack rank minus double the target's weight class. The end result is rounded off to the nearest whole number using normal rounding rules, but the knockback component is always at least 0ft.
  • For example, a Modest Tomohawk's Hurricane against a Machamp has a knockback component of (12+5-2*5)=7ft.

In this arena, a pokemon may use the Run command for 5 energy to run to a particular position. The valid range of positions the pokemon can run to is its current position plus or minus 10% of its current speed (rounded to the nearest whole number).
  • For example, a neutral-nature Raticate at 20ft can run up to 10ft in either direction, so it can move to 10ft or 30ft or anywhere in between.
Two pokemon can share the same position - it can be assumed that in such a scenario the pokemon are at different points along the width of the arena. If a pokemon attempts to run to a position out of range, it will simply run as far as it can in that direction.
  • For example, if the aforementioned Raticate tries to run to 35ft, it will run to 30ft as that is as far as it can go.
The Run command cannot be Encored or disallowed by any moves at all, including Taunt, and it is not subject to the consecutive move penalty. However, a pokemon under the effects of Ingrain cannot use this command.

Contact moves can only be used if the user is close enough to the target. That is, the difference between the user and target's positions must be no greater than the user's size class.
  • For example, a Gliscor at 30ft can only use Acrobatics on an opponent whose position is between 27ft and 33ft.
However, when calculating the knockback for a contact move, multiply the move's BAP by 1.5. If a pokemon tries to use a contact move on an opponent not in range, that pokemon simply runs in the appropriate direction as far as it can or until its opponent is in range, whichever comes first. If the former, the pokemon expends 5 energy as if it had just used the Run command. If the latter, the pokemon expends 2 energy for the running and then uses the move as normal.
  • For example, let us suppose that the aforementioned Gliscor is Adamant. If it tries to use Acrobatics on an opponent at position 20ft, it has 95 speed so it can run (95/10)=9.5->10ft. However, it only needs to run to 23ft to be able to use the move, so it runs to 23ft, expending 2 energy, and then uses Acrobatics. The knockback of the move will be (11*1.5+4-2*Target's WC), rounded to the nearest whole number.
If a pokemon successfully uses U-Turn on an opponent out of its range, it immediately returns to the position it started at. In the Gliscor example, if it used U-Turn, it would travel to 23ft, use the move and then go back to 30ft. If a pokemon tries to use a contact move that has a random target (eg, Thrash), targets already in that pokemon's range will be given priority over targets that the pokemon can reach, and those will be given priority over further away ones.

Note: A pokemon under the effects of Ingrain cannot run at all.

Lastly, if a pokemon is pulled into a spike pit (ie, its position is not between 1ft and 100ft), it is KO'd immediately.
Let's do it!

Switch = OK (switched-in mons appear at the starting positions)
Items = All
Abilities = All

(EDIT: That was at Dogfish's challenge to me.)
Any refs available? At all?

MK_Ultra said:
Challenging Texas to a 3v3 Training Singles.
3/5
Arena:
Old Chaos Shrine

Field Type: Neutral
Traits: Artificial Field, No Digging (Arena cannot be Dug through), Water Source

Description:
um a sorta manmade cave with a big puddle i'm guessing

Ruleset:
Omega Toll - At the end of each round, 5 of each battler's En is taken by the stage, adding up in "Stage En" pool. Whenever a mon KOs a foe, they take all of the Stage En.
Coward's Punishment - Each mon that does not order an attacking move in a given round is completely immobilized, rendering them helpless for the entire next round.
Texas Cloverleaf said:
Accepting
Training Items
All abilities
No switches

3 recs/5 chills
Does this still need a ref? if so taking.

Yeah, yarnus I think people are afraid of us.

Also, I'd like to issue my own challenge!

Beginners only please
3v3 NFE Singles
3 Day DQ
5 Chills/ 5 Recovers per team
ASB Arena
Also, I'll accept this challenge. I'm a nub too
One Ability
One Sub per Pokemon
Switch: Your call/ref's call. I don't really care

Originally Posted by Fat The Wanderer
You need babymons to make middlemons, so I'm setting up an Open LC battle.

3v3 triples
2 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
1 Sub per pokemon
And the arena is...
The Ref's Mind
Field Type- Varies
Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
Format- Varies
Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind: The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!
Originally Posted by Fat Gerard
Sounds like an interesting match

Switch = ???
Items = Yeah
Abilities = All
I will take this, PM teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)