Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll ref Lord Jesseus' battle once it gets an opponent.

EDIT: And I am going to issue a challenge to UllarWarlord.

1v2 brawl. Yes, you read that right, 1v2.
Fully evolved mons
2 recoveries/5 chills
3-day DQ
Arena: The Battle Colosseum. Basically the typical ASB arena. However, each pokemon on the team of 2 has its max HP and energy halved.

Ullar can decide whether to play as the soloist or the team of two.

EDIT: <+Engineer> i call reffing
As Objection will be the beginning ref of this, I choose to fly solo.

1 Sub
No Switch
Items = On
Abilities = All

Ohyeah. dropping my Gollum challenge to do this.
huehuehuehue

It's been a while since I came here. Let's get this going. Challenging everyone dead or alive or subbed out in Heroic Characters Mafia!

6 person madness!
2 pokemon per person, one out at a time
48 hour DQ for players, 5 days for ref(Six players, so... yeah)
No recoveries. Infinite chills.(After all, you idle as much as you want, but you can't recover in mafia, mate)

Arena: Heroic Character's chatroom.

Inside this ever so manly chat, all the users gather around. There will be four factions you can join when you send your pokemon to the ref. You guys know what three of them are if you're in the game, the fourth is being neutral(Cncnd if there is one in the game). Doesn't have to be your role in the mafia, pick whatever you want(If you're village in the game, feel free to be a Movie Hero or something). The ref will announce who's on what faction when the game begins.

Once everyone's picked a team, the madness begins. Every round consists of only one action, but everyone also votes to deal 30 unblockable damage to any one person's pokemon on the field. Votes will be public, actions will be private via PMing the ref. Alliances with anyone are allowed, but the last team standing wins. 2 player max for any team.

For the ref, the teams are Playable Characters, Movie Heroes, Somewhat Heroic Villains, and Neutral.

The first person to accept will pick abilities, next will pick items, next will pick switch. The other two just stink for being slow and making the rest of us wait on them... just like for deadlines <.<
Dropping my challenge with Texas due to lack of ref to be the last challenger for this. Lets go #heroic!

Dropping my challenge with Texas due to lack of ref to be the last challenger for this. Lets go #heroic!
That's the sixth person! Quagsires said he'd ref, so... Everyone, please send him your teams that are in it. For the record, everyone in is as followed.

loudkirbyking
Athenodoros(All abilities)
Galladiator(No items)
Metal Bagon(OK switch)
Rediamond
TalkingLion

Feel free to talk beforehand to anyone else before sending teams and alliances in. I don't really care.

Open Challenge
6v6 Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Subs
Unlimited Recoveries/chills
FEs
Training Items requested
This arena functions like the ASB Arena.
If the air at the ASB Arena were thick with a swarm of all-devouring insects.
The insects will damage all Pokemon at the end of each action but can deterred by movement and attacks.
A Pokemon will take 3 Damage at the end of every action if it used an attacking move, even if it misses or is blocked; the swarm will be more or less put off by the attack. Hitting yourself in confusion also counts for this.
If the Pokemon uses a non-attacking move, the swarm will be less deterred and they will take 7 damage. Again, even if the attack misses it will still deter the swarm.
However the Pokemon does not use an attack at all (eg Flinching, sleeping, failing to use a move due to Disable or Taunt etc, Cooling Down, chilling, full para) they will take a whopping 15 damage.
The arena itself however has no restrictions, go nuts.

Repost of an earlier challenge. Anyone game?
I'll take this challenge and send my Pokemon once my stuff are approved in the Prize thread.

Switch = KO
Items = Training Items
Abilities = All

Well, here's my 2k challenge. It may not be a huge blood-fest, but hopefully it will be enjoyable.

You can pick 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 Singles (the larger of these three the better)
5 Recoveries/7 Chills
2 Day DQ
Number of Substitutions: moves on mon being subbed against/20, rounded down
ASB Arena
Items on
Special Rule: the average number of moves per mon you bring must be at least 45. (if you really to take this and your mons aren't quite that well trained, you can VM me I guess, although the more moves the better)

Issuing a challenge

Training Battle
Beginner Battle

3v3 triples
No recoveries/No Chills
DQ time: 1 Day
Arena: ASB Arena

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
CHALLENGING GERARD
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
Infinite Recovers / Chills
ONE Substitution
ALL Abilities
Items ON [agreement to not use battle items here]
Switch OK

Arena: Weather Island

Weather Island is a small island off in the middle of the sea, its location unknown to many trainers. It's roughly a disk of sand with a radius of five meters, although there are trees and a small patch of grass in the center. The only notable thing about Weather Island is that in order to make this location interesting, four small habitats were erected around the island, housing a Politoed, Ninetales, Abomasnow, and Hippowdon.

During the first round of combat, the weather is clear. At the end of every round afterwards, there is a 30% chance that a habitat will activate, causing the Pokemon inside to use its weather ability. An activation on a habitat whose Pokemon's weather is not in effect will cause the weather to go into effect, and an activation on a habitat whose Pokemon's weather is in effect will cause it to go out of effect. This island is surprisingly resistant to the variety of weathers, so multiple weathers can be going on at the same time.

If this were not enough, combatants on this island can also choose to manually activate these habitats. Any single-target move that has at least 8 BAP (after weather and ability effects) that is aimed at a habitat will cause its activation chance for this round to skyrocket to 100%, and the activation chance for that habitat will be reduced to 0% for the next two rounds.

There is also one more effect that may happen: Acid Rain. After one round in which all four weathers run simultaneously, Acid Rain begins falling for two rounds; after the period of Acid Rain, the weather turns to clear skies, exactly like the first round of the battle. Acid Rain deals four damage per action, corrodes Steel-types, and cannot be altered until the two rounds are over. In addition, Thunder, Blizzard, and Hurricane have their accuracies reduced to 50%, Rock-type Pokemon suffer a negative sandstorm SpD boost (+2 BAP from special attacks used on them as opposed to -2), and Fire- and Water-type moves have -3 BAP.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Issuing an open challenge.

2v2 Training Doubles (Doesn't count towards DQ)
2 Day DQ Time
1 Substitution
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per mon
I don't care what you use, I'll be using an FE & an NFE.
Arena: Oasis Arena
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Rain or Hail

Description: It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.

Issuing an open challenge.

2v2 Training Doubles (Doesn't count towards DQ)
2 Day DQ Time
1 Substitution
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per mon
I don't care what you use, I'll be using an FE & an NFE.
Arena: Oasis Arena
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Rain or Hail

Description: It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.
Taking.

Switch=Potato
Items=Training/On, whatever floats your boat
All abilities

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Reissuing this challenge.
Sending out a request for a battle!
2v2 Doubles
1 Middlemon 1 FE
2 Recovers 5 Chills
3 Day DQ
1 Substitution
This arena is a doozy.

In a dark, damp cave underneath the Misty Mountains, a strange creature lurks with a treasure beyond compare...Two Trainers have come to battle here, in the hopes of finding it, and using it to their advantage...but its current owner has issues with that...

Arena: Dark, damp cave. Low visibility unless Flash is used. Defog also helps, to a lesser degree. There is a large pond surrounded by rock, and Gollum's makeshift home(as well as The Ring)lie in the center. Gollum's raft is also here, for those who cannot swim. Attacks such as Energy Ball will fail.

Special Conditions: The big draw here is the One Ring. The first battler to reach the center of the pond can use an action to grab the Ring, gaining its powers of invisibility for four actions. The Pokemon can the move as it pleases, as well as attack. Nothing can hit it in this state. The Ring's powers of corruption are incredibly strong, so the Pokemon must take it off and leave it where the Pokemon currently is at that moment. However, the Ring is loath to leave a Master, so the Pokemon will suffer 25 flat damage upon taking it off. This does not cost an action, and the Pokemon will be so terrified of its power that it cannot pick it up again for another eight actions.

Gollum, however, lurks in the area, and is not very happy that two humans and their Pokemon have intruded on his territory. There is an equal chance for each Pokemon that Gollum will deal 15 flat damage at that Pokemon at the end of each round. However, Gollum does NOT like when someone snatches his Precious. He also has superior senses in the area, so it will be a fifty percent chance, with the other half divided among the other Pokemon, that Gollum will strike the wearer of the Ring.

The boat starts out on the players' side of the pond, and it takes an action to paddle/swim across. It is possible for the Ring to fall in the water. If Flash is used, Gollum will be paralyzed by the light and be unable to act that round. For Heat Rock Sunny Day, Gollum will do nothing as long as it is in play.

Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)