Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a quick battle.

1v1 Singles (obvious battle type is obvious)
Training Battle (No W/L Counter)
NFE Battle, Preferably Stage 1/Babymon
All Abilities
No Items
Switch= OK. Lol
ASB Arena

I am going to change my 2k challenge because I decided it wasn't interesting enough and most people wouldn't accept it, so I will change it to this:

6 vs 2+2+2 Triples
5 Recoveries/7 Chills per mon
2 Day DQ
Number of Substitutions: moves on mon being subbed against/20, rounded down
ASB Arena
Items on
No switching
All abilities

Also, this needs a subref.

EDIT: based on TheMogRunner's acceptance, maybe I didn't make it clear, but I am facing 3 people, who will each bring 2 mons.

EDIT: cancelling my 2k match

Issuing a challenge, hopefully the arena I thought of won't end up being a screw-up:

2v2 Doubles
NFE's only, brony ASB battlers preferred
2 Day DQ
3 Chills/ 3 recoveries per team
2 Substitutions
Of all the places to have a Pokémon battle, well, why NOT Equestria? Ponyville, just like in the show, is a (usually) peaceful and beautiful little village. It has several little ponds, lots of land to dig around, and (unfortunately for the ponies) seismic activity can be used. Recently, Princess TrollCelestia (I'm going to the moon now...) has asked the ponies to set up an arena specifically for Pokemon battles, especially double battles. Today is supposed to be another clear day, and the pegasus ponies don't want the weather to change on them, so all weather-changing moves only have a 65% chance of working! Besides this, all the members of your team can get support in this battle from none other than... one of the Mane 6!
Twilight Sparkle- The selected Pokemon gains ANY three moves to add to its movepool, but the spell to give you the moves doesn't go perfectly, so the moves you choose cost 2 more energy to use and lose 1 BAP (so if you choose EQ, it would cost 9 EN and only have 9 BAP).
Fluttershy- The selected Pokemon is protected by Fluttershy and her animal friends, and all attacks are decreased by 1 DMG (as if the Pokemon had the Sturdy ability). Contact moves that hit the selected Pokemon have a 50% chance of causing Slight Attraction.
Rainbow Dash- The selected Pokemon has a permanent 20% boost in Speed, and can increase the effect chance of any 3 moves by 20% as well (you can not create an effect chance this way).
Applejack- The selected Pokemon gains 3 apples from Sweet Apple Acres. These apples take one action to eat, but they restore 25 HP and 20 EN. You can also order AJ to buck an opponent, dealing 15 flat damage (this does not cost an action, and can only be used once)
Pinkie Pie- The selected Pokemon can completely randomize the battle by deleting any of the opponent's abilities (even if it means they will be left without an ability) OR altering an ability of you or your partner. This can only be done once, and the change lasts for 3 rounds.
Rarity- The selected Pokemon can literally give HP, EN, and moves to a partner (to clear up any confusion, no, you can not use the move after it has been donated). As a reward for your generosity, whenever you donate a move or >=10 HP or EN, you gain a permanent +2 boost in a stat of your choice.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking for a quick battle.

1v1 Singles (obvious battle type is obvious)
Training Battle (No W/L Counter)
NFE Battle, Preferably Stage 1/Babymon
All Abilities
No Items
Switch= OK. Lol
ASB Arena

I'll take this. And since you already decided everything, I have nothing else to say (Well except asking if someone would like to ref).

Issuing a challenge, hopefully the arena I thought of won't end up being a screw-up:

2v2 Doubles
NFE's only, brony ASB battlers preferred
2 Day DQ
3 Chills/ 3 recoveries per team
2 Substitutions
Of all the places to have a Pokémon battle, well, why NOT Equestria? Ponyville, just like in the show, is a (usually) peaceful and beautiful little village. It has several little ponds, lots of land to dig around, and (unfortunately for the ponies) seismic activity can be used. Recently, Princess TrollCelestia (I'm going to the moon now...) has asked the ponies to set up an arena specifically for Pokemon battles, especially double battles. Today is supposed to be another clear day, and the pegasus ponies don't want the weather to change on them, so all weather-changing moves only have a 65% chance of working! Besides this, all the members of your team can get support in this battle from none other than... the Mane 6!
Twilight Sparkle- The selected Pokemon gains ANY three moves to add to its movepool, but the spell to give you the moves doesn't go perfectly, so the moves you choose cost 2 more energy to use and lose 1 BAP (so if you choose EQ, it would cost 9 EN and only have 9 BAP).
Fluttershy- The selected Pokemon is protected by Fluttershy and her animal friends, and all attacks are decreased by 1 DMG (as if the Pokemon had the Sturdy ability). Contact moves that hit the selected Pokemon have a 50% chance of causing Slight Attraction.
Rainbow Dash- The selected Pokemon has a permanent 20% boost in Speed, and can increase the effect chance of any 3 moves by 20% as well (you can not create an effect chance this way).
Applejack- The selected Pokemon gains 3 apples from Sweet Apple Acres. These apples take one action to eat, but they restore 25 HP and 20 EN. You can also order AJ to buck an opponent, dealing 15 flat damage (this does not cost an action, and can only be used once)
Pinkie Pie- The selected Pokemon can completely randomize the battle by deleting any of the opponent's abilities (even if it means they will be left without an ability) OR altering an ability of you or your partner. This can only be done once, and the change lasts for 3 rounds.
Rarity- The selected Pokemon can literally give HP, EN, and moves to a partner (to clear up any confusion, no, you can not use the move after it has been donated). As a reward for your generosity, whenever you donate a move or >=10 HP or EN, you gain a permanent +2 boost in a stat of your choice.
Bring it on my brony brother!
Items: Counter Producing ones
Abilities: All

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Challenging Ullar!

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
1 Substitute Action
2 Recoveries
5 Chills
Arena:

A 120 * 100 * 100 Room, Bolt Beach is an artificial haven. Above the arena is a glass dome, where spetators watch, whilst trainers have podiums to issue commands from elevated podiums at opposite ends of the arena. Bolt Beach is mainly a bright yellow sand, and a dark yellow water. There are a few palm trees, although they give off a slight green glow.

Features:

- Electricity in the sand means that electric types are always under the effect of charge. Electric attacks can hit ground types, although they are treated as resisting the type.
- The sand halfs the BP of Seismic attacks, and gives dig a -3 Priority to tunnel down, and -4 to surface.
- Attacks which require natural sunlight cannot work.
- Attacks which cannot work in an artificial environment do work, but paralyse the user 5% of the time as if hit by Thunder Wave, since the "Nature" is electric.
- Nature Power is treated as Shock Wave.
- There is a constant rainfall in the arena, which is unchangable.
- Mud Sport is washed away at the end of each round.

Challenging Ullar!

1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
1 Substitute Action
2 Recoveries
5 Chills
Arena:

A 120 * 100 * 100 Room, Bolt Beach is an artificial haven. Above the arena is a glass dome, where spetators watch, whilst trainers have podiums to issue commands from elevated podiums at opposite ends of the arena. Bolt Beach is mainly a bright yellow sand, and a dark yellow water. There are a few palm trees, although they give off a slight green glow.

Features:

- Electricity in the sand means that electric types are always under the effect of charge. Electric attacks can hit ground types, although they are treated as resisting the type.
- The sand halfs the BP of Seismic attacks, and gives dig a -3 Priority to tunnel down, and -4 to surface.
- Attacks which require natural sunlight cannot work.
- Attacks which cannot work in an artificial environment do work, but paralyse the user 5% of the time as if hit by Thunder Wave, since the "Nature" is electric.
- Nature Power is treated as Shock Wave.
- There is a constant rainfall in the arena, which is unchangable.
- Mud Sport is washed away at the end of each round.
You are on.

Items=On
Abilities=None
Switch=Pikachu

Ref?
Sure why not. PM me your pretties.

EDIT:
Challenging user smashlloyd20.

2v2 Singles.
Training
NFE
ASB Arena
yup

no items
all abilities
switch=ko
This is mine too.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Open Challenge!

My return to ASB itb

1v1 FE Battle
2 Day DQ
1 Substitution
Arena: The Ref's Mind
Field Type- Varies
Complexity- Simple-Super Intense
Format- Varies
Restrictions- Varies

The Ref's Mind:
The mind is a powerful thing, so its time we used it to maximize the opportunity to have interesting battles! The battlers have somehow found themselves inside the creativity center of the referee, and they are at his mercy! the ref can make anything happen, and controls all aspects! from the arena setting to the accuracy of moves to the color of the pokemon! for example, the first round might be in an volcano, and if a player uses a bug type move twice his opponent will lose 10 energy! the match can be as simple or as intense as the ref wishes. Battlers have fun coping and adapting to what the refs throw at you!

I'd like to know who I'm battling please!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Another (x)k Challenge! - IAR's 3k Post

...And so here we come to my 3k post, after being on here for 22 months. It has been a fun time I've had on here & I might as well open with some shout-outs in no particular order...

The Scramble Thread - It's because of this thread I am where I am now, so everyone from there gets a shoutout, Texas Cloverleaf, Son_of_Shadoo & SimonSays among others in particular. It helped me get started in earnest with my time on here, and...yeah. Grouping all the regular users into one here.

zarator - Obligatory thanks for the ASB Raid Zone & all the hard work you have done for that RP. Also, you are the most BS TLR Challenger I've ever reffed. Also, Terrador & I are waiting for you to take our CoT Raid. :)

Deck Knight - Another obligatory shout-out for starting up CAP ASB. Everyone would have to admit that without you, most of us, me in particular, wouldn't be where we are now. Also, I also thank him for the opprotunity to be a TLR Ref, & for being a valiant opponent in our GL Battle.

Athenodoros - AUSSIE PRIDE! In all seriousness, you've been a fun user to talk to (And troll in the TLR to a lesser extent), & well...Yeah, I shall take you down in your TLR!

C$FP - Sorry for Blowing up Registeel on you... :( At least it worked out in the end, & it will be fun taking you through Heaven's Ascent.

Flora - Head ref, Boss Ref, what a shame she doesn't play anymore...

Tortferngatr - Sorry for hijacking your TLR Reffing of LJ/Atheno, had fun with you in our CoT Raid a long time ago, & It's mainly because of you I have IRC now.

Terrador - Reffed you to the only successful Mysterious Cove TLR to date, hope you like Phione. May we be successful in our CoT Raid. Fun user to talk to, and...yeah. :)

Lord Jesseus - Joltik used Thunder! In all seriousness, I've had a lot of fun with you, nice user to talk to, & we were successful in the only CoTHM Raid attempted. AUSSIE PRIDE!!! :)

smashlloyd20 - YES! YES! YOU CAUGHT A REGISTEEL!!! Part of my first TLR Reffing, you were really good & gave other users some nice strategies for TLR.

Leethoof
- Good user to know, sorry I 6-0'd you in an ASB Battle. :( Also part of my first TLR Reffing. BASTIODON'S BITCH!

Engineer Pikachu - Another Good user to know, done a lot for CAP ASB, yeah, very likeable.

Texas Cloverleaf - Fellow Scrambler, good user & pops on IRC every now & then, also mentioned in the first shoutout.

LouisCyphre - Very interesting user to know, okay battler & good at Perish-Stalling in ASB. Also, good dedication to the Labyrinth too.

Objection
- Craziest Arenas ever...Also, Onion Bubs too.

Glacier Knight
- Speaking of arenas, Why not give a shout-out to everyone's favourite Arena-Maker! Hope you get to your goal of 100 Published Arenas.

MK Ultra - Funny user, cares a lot about apostraphe's (Or however you spell it)...Also, I've updated your TLR in case you haven't seen yet.

Son_of_Shadoo - Another good user I know from the Scramble Thread. Nice, etc.

Quagsires - Go play some CAP ASB & get yourself a Wooper! Fun user to know, even if all he does is hang around on IRC trolling...

dogfish44 - Because he gave me a shoutout in his 2k, but he is another good user to know, & it has been fun to talk to him (I still remember that Drill Run miss & the Spectator Participation battle we had...)

And any others I would've given shout outs to, but I forgot.

All said & done, what better to mark this post than to issue a Tag Team Battle! Open for anyone to join.

3+3v3+3 FE Tag Team Battle
3 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per mon
2 Substitutions per mon
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Items=On
Team A sends out in no particular order
Team B sends out in no particular order
Team B issues Actions in no particular order
Team A issues Actions in no particular order
Referee
Team A issues Actions in no particular order
Team B issues Actions in no particular order
Referee
You get the drill

I'll be on Team A

Arena: TELEPORTATION!
Field Type: Variable
Complexity: Variable
Format: Variable

Restrictions: Weather Effects, Room Effects & Gravity only last until the end of a round, unless the same arena is rolled twice in a row, otherwise, Variable

Description: Yes, you better believe it! At the end of every round (And at the beginning of the match), the referee will roll a number between 0* & however many arena's there are in the arena compendium thread (Each representing an arena in the Arena Compendium Thread in chronological order). Whichever number you roll, for the next round, the battle will take place on that arena. Its as simple as that.

*0 represents the ASB Tournament Arena.

Concept Arenas don't count, either...Neither does TELEPORTATION! itself.

Just need 3 users to accept, & the Referee will decide on who is teamed up with who.

Now, who wants to join this 3k battle?

Reffing IAR's 3k.

In addition, GLACIER'S MAMO GONNA GET BEAT UP BY RHYPERIOR.

Rhyperior vs Mamoswine Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
Abilities=One
Items=Training
5 chills, 2 recovers

accepting Leethoof's challenge. as before, mamoswine shall prevail!

No switch
Items sure why not
NO ABILITIES *i get to pick since i'm the acceptor :<*

Arena (since its my turn to pick our training arena:

Palace of the Weavile King
Field Type- Dark/Ice
Complexity- Intense
Format- Singles/Doubles
Restrictions- No Light, No weather, No seismic activity, Low ceiling

Palace of the Weavile King:
You have been summoned deep within Weavile Country, trekked through dense woods and blizzards galore, all to find your way to Weavile Palace. The entrance makes it look like just another cave, but inside lies a dizzying labyrinth, carved by the Weavile's slave labor. After navigating through the tunnels you enter a large chamber, a throne room of some sorts. But the Weavile do royalty a little differently. The king's prized room is a private arena, and you have been summoned to entertain him!

The battling area is squareish, 200 feet by 200 feet, with a 100 foot by 100 foot circle in the center. The whole area is pitch black, so beware! around the circle is a ten foot long pit all around, 30 feet deep. the circle is about 4 feet higher than the rest of the arena. Whats so special about the circle platform in the center? its ice! Pure ice, carved by the most elite sneasal. Before every battle, using primitive but effective technology, the weavile clean this ice, making sure it is always very slick. the rest of the arena is stone and rock, though some parts are covered in thick ice.

The weavile king sits on the most intricate and mysterious "throne" the world has ever seen. Basically it is a large cave formation, borne eons ago and grown to epic proportions. it is located in the center of the northern most point of the arena, 60 feet tall. about 100 feet long, it stretches across the whole northern center border of the arena. It has twists, spears, pillars, and more, creating a dazzling display of rock. What makes it unique is that there are two large 20 by 20 feet holes that open near the base of the cave formation. Carved by a gripping wind, they spew frosty gales that hit the whole arena, affecting battlers. Ice pokemon are not hurt at all, but everyone else can and will be damaged!

And if that weren't enough, you must be warned. Do not anger the Weavile King! How do you do that? Send a fighting pokemon to battle! That is an insult to all weavile/sneasal kind; the king will think you are attempting assasination! He will roar in a mighty blaze, and will summon his minions to attack all battlers on the field!

about this arena (important stuff if you were too lazy to read the description)

1. The center of the arena is made of ice, and is very slick. Ice pokemon can navigate on it easily and gain 20 speed. Other pokemon must be careful, becuase they could slip and miss there attack! (All non ice pokemon attacking on the ice lose 20% accuracy). Also levitating/flying pokemon are not affected by the ice

2. The ice in the center of the arena cannot be melted or dug into

3. the cave formation throne will release chilling winds and frost. Every action there is a 40% chance that winds will be emitted from the holes, and release either an icy wind (60%), powder snow (30%) or blizzard (10%). refs will calc the attack without stab, and rank 3 special attack

4. If a fighting type pokemon is in battle, there is a 30% chance at the end of each round the Weavile King will summon sneasals to attack all battlers. the sneasals can do the following attacks (ref rng to see which battler gets hit with which move): Screech (40%), Ice Punch (20%), Ice Shard (20%), or Faint attack (20%). when refs calc, the sneasals have rank 4 attack and stab on ice punch, ice shard, and faint attack.

5. The Palace room is pitch black, due to the Weavile King's preference (he can see just fine). All non dark pokemon or pokemon without night vision (or even nocturnal pokemon) lose 30% flat accuracy.

6. weather cannot be induced here. not even hail. the stone and rock cannot be dug in either, unless the pokemon is pure ground.

7. pokemon begin in the center of the arena, on the icy platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)